PDA

View Full Version : Hellmaster

avenger00soul
12-16-2003, 09:33 AM
Has anyone even seen this flick??? I love it for a low-budgeter. It has John Saxon and David Emge and no one I know has ever heard of it.

avenger00soul
12-18-2003, 08:29 AM
Hmmm...guess I am the only one.

Ryan_Zombie
12-18-2003, 08:55 AM
Actually, this one had Stephen from Dawn of the Dead(David Emge) in it. Good movie.!~

Ryan_Zombie
12-18-2003, 08:58 AM
damn...didn't see that you had already mentioned David Emge....sorry.

avenger00soul
12-18-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Ryan_Zombie
damn...didn't see that you had already mentioned David Emge....sorry.

Haha, I was going to point that out. I'm just glad someone else has seen it.

_Leatha_Face_
12-18-2003, 11:30 AM
on the cover of this iz there like a demon looking guy with cuts on his face ? if so ive seen it because there was a movie kalled hellmaster with a cover like that

avenger00soul
12-18-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by _Leatha_Face_
on the cover of this iz there like a demon looking guy with cuts on his face ? if so ive seen it because there was a movie kalled hellmaster with a cover like that

That'd be the one.

Dr.Kelvinstein
12-25-2003, 12:18 AM
Hellmaster is one pitiful movie, but I have to watch anything with John Saxon in it. It kinda had a weird Manson vibe going, what with the weird kids with the crosses on their foreheads. I don't really remember much about it other than john wasn't in it all that much. I never thought I'd think about that movie again.

Damn, Avenger, don't you know you're going to fry your brain watching all these weird movies!!!!

avenger00soul
12-25-2003, 02:36 PM
Sucks to hear you didn't like that one Dr. K. I too must see everything with John Saxon. I'm still looking for Cannibal Apocalypse. Got any thoughts on it?

Dr.Kelvinstein
12-25-2003, 07:38 PM
Yes, Cannibal Apocalypse is very cool. How can you beat a Vietnam cannibal movie? With John Saxon, no less. A guy at the end actually gets a hole blown thru his chest that you can look thru. I love Anthony Dawson's crazy Vietnam flicks. All those crazy Apocalypse Now rip-offs that were released on video as Platoon rip-offs. To me the Italian violent action movie has always seemed like one of horror's retarded little brothers. What's your fave? I like Dawson's Last Hunter. Ever see that? Damn, that guy worked in a lot of genres. All hats off to Antonio Marghretti AKA Anthony Dawson. Quentin Tarantino listed the guy as one of his top ten favorite directors once. Very cool.

avenger00soul
12-26-2003, 05:35 AM
Well, we obviously have very similar tastes. I'll probably be checking out Cannibal Apoc. when I get some cash. I know what you mean about the Italian action flick being the "retarded little brother" of horror. Can't say I have a favorite (I'm having trouble recalling which ones I've seen). Did you ever see The Exterminator? It's not Italian, but it feels like it at times.

As for Antonio Margheriti, he directed one of my ALL-TIME favorite Reb epics: YOR, THE HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE. Hahaha, great comic genius in that flick.

Dr.Kelvinstein
12-27-2003, 12:06 PM
Yor, man, that was a sight. Red just did not look the part. Some people just don't have the Miles O'Keefe sword and sandal thing working for them. Love the movie, though.

Extermator was great. I even liked the 2nd one---and you're right, it did feel Italian. Did you ever see Master Blaster by Lamberto Bava? It had that Michael Sopikow from After The Fall Of New York, whom Tarantino once called "an Italian William Smith."

I also love the Thunder Warrior series. I picked up all three from a mom and pops vid store going out of business--for two dollars apiece!!!!!

avenger00soul
12-27-2003, 12:18 PM
O'keefe....hehe. Lorenzo Lamas wants to be Miles O'keefe so bad he can taste it. "Starring Lorenzo Lamas as Son of Ator." That would be a classic.

Dammit, I haven't seen any of the films you just named. But if there is an Italian Will Smith (the real Will Smith) I must see him.

Dr.Kelvinstein
12-27-2003, 12:24 PM
I totally agree. Big Will should smack around little Will for using his name. Now everytime I say William Smith, people think I'm talking about Bad Boys!!!!! That's not good!

You're right. Lorenzo wants it so bad he can taste it. But who can blame him. I, too, wish I were Miles O'keefe.

avenger00soul
12-27-2003, 12:28 PM
And Big Will would have no problem kicking his ass from one end of Frogtown to the other. Did you see him in Maniac Cop? Damn was he haggard looking. I wouldn't fuck with him.

I guess I wouldn't mind being O'keefe either....in the 80's of course.

Dr.Kelvinstein
12-27-2003, 10:13 PM
Will Smith just keeps looking meaner and meaner. He was haggard in Maniac Cop. I think my favorite Will Smith moment is the monlolgue he delivers in Conan.

avenger00soul
12-28-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Will Smith just keeps looking meaner and meaner. He was haggard in Maniac Cop. I think my favorite Will Smith moment is the monlolgue he delivers in Conan.

No doubt. He was great in Conan. Then again, he's always pretty damn good.