PDA

View Full Version : Night of the Living Dead Farmhouse

Ghostface
04-08-2006, 07:57 AM
Hi. I just found out recently that the farmhouse where the main characters hid out in Night of the Living Dead is located near the Grove City Outlets. I have several questions about this location.

1. Can anyone give me specific directions to the farmhouse?
2. Is the house abandoned or is someone living there?
3. Is there anything to do there besides look around?
4. Has anyone ever been there?

Thanks in advance for your help!

bloodrayne
04-08-2006, 08:22 AM
I don't have any information about this...But, I CAN tell you one thing...

If this information is not readily available, it may be because the property owners don't want people coming around...

The entire neighborhood wants the Amityville house to be torn down because people are always coming around to 'check it out', blocking streets, making noise all hours of the night, leaving garbage behind...It got worse after the remake came out...

Some people know how to capitalize on things like this, and even do tours...

But...Like I said..If the information is difficult to find...Someone may not want you to find it..

filmmaker2
04-08-2006, 09:31 AM
If you're talking about the house in the original film, I understand that it was bulldozed long, long ago. Probably the best way of seeing the house is to watch the film, which shows it from numerous angles, inside and out!

bloodrayne
04-08-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by filmmaker2
If you're talking about the house in the original film, I understand that it was bulldozed long, long ago. Probably the best way of seeing the house is to watch the film, which shows it from numerous angles, inside and out! You mean the Amityville house?...Or the NOTLD farmhouse?

If you mean the Amityville house...Then people are still visiting the 'site'...Or WERE a year ago...Last I heard...

filmmaker2
04-08-2006, 10:39 AM
Ah, yes, I meant the NOTLD farmhouse. Man, if only they'd known how successful the film would be. They could be selling little pieces of the house, little splinters of it even, and people would pay for the freaking things.

lovecraft
04-08-2006, 01:01 PM
AHHH...RUN!! its a living dead farmhouse!!!

sorry...that was a horrid joke

The_Return
04-08-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by lovecraft
AHHH...RUN!! its a living dead farmhouse!!!

sorry...that was a horrid joke

Get off the stage! Boooo!

:p

VampiricClown
04-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
The entire neighborhood wants the Amityville house to be torn down because people are always coming around to 'check it out', blocking streets, making noise all hours of the night, leaving garbage behind...It got worse after the remake came out...

If I lived there, I'd put an end to that. :Evil Smirk:

AmericanManiac
04-08-2006, 07:45 PM
I was also wondering that I'm not to far from PA so I would love to go visit that house. Also if I ever become really rich I will own the Amittyvill house even though they remodeled it so the windows didn't look like the face no more :mad: If whoever owns it person,state whatever I will make a huge offer in the 7 figures. If I ever do own it everyone here is invited for a sleep over :D , but I will probley never be that rich I need to wake up .

Ghostface
04-08-2006, 10:15 PM
After posting almost this exact same post over reelhorror.com, someone supplied with a fantastic website which I'd like to pass along.
Also, whoever it was that said the farmhouse was bulldozed, you were right. However, there is a new house standing in the same location these days. The area is Evans City, PA (a little under an hr. from Pitts).

Here's the link...
http://home.comcast.net/~axlish/NOTLD68.htm

bwind22
04-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Cool link. They had some good convention info on that website too.

I went to the Nightmare on Elm St. house when I was out in LA a couple years ago. It's not on a set, just a regular house that someone lives in. Its not on Elm St. either, it's on Gennessee which is about three blocks over from Elm. ANyways, it was pretty cool. I know I posted the pics on here somewhere, but I cant recall where. Maybe I'll repost them here too just since its sort of relevant...