PDA

View Full Version : Freddy vs Jason vs John Carpenter

phantomstranger
04-03-2006, 01:02 PM
12:00 AM, 03-APRIL-06
Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Carpenter?
Robert Englund, who originated the character of Freddy Krueger in the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, told horror Web site www.pitofhorror.com that talks are underway with Halloween writer/director John Carpenter for a sequel to 2003's Freddy vs. Jason, with the addition of Halloween's Michael Myers.

In an interview with the site, Englund said that he already has ideas for the plot and would like to sit down with actress Jamie Lee Curtis and producer Jeff Katz to discuss them. "My idea would of course have to take place before Jamie Lee is killed in Halloween VIII," he said. "Almost as if Freddy vs. Jason vs. Michael Myers happened in the 90s or something, kind of like Aliens goes to Springwood or something. Bring back Jamie Lee's daughter, Jamie Lloyd, and maybe she could have some sort of goth expertise that would make it to where these guys couldn't stand a chance. I'd love to give Jamie Lee something to sink her teeth into as an actress. Throw away the pills, throw away the cigarettes, throw away the little bottles of vodka."

Englund also confirmed that a prequel to Nightmare on Elm Street is in the works, to be directed by John McNaughton (Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer). "I think it should go the C.S.I. route and be sort of like a docu-drama that shows his crimes against the children," Englund said. "Then you cast two of the greatest character actors you can find to play the lawyers that get him off. Then, of course, it leads up to Freddy being burned alive."

The_Return
04-03-2006, 02:35 PM
Englund is full of himself, he's been making up these rumors for months:rolleyes:

urgeok
04-05-2006, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by phantomstranger
I'd love to give Jamie Lee something to sink her teeth into as an actress.

he should probably worry about himself ...

she's accomplished far more than he could dream of.

Angelakillsluts
04-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by urgeok
he should probably worry about himself ...

she's accomplished far more than he could dream of.

Definitely.

Yellow Jacket
04-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Here's my point of view if they decide to make a Freddy vs. Jason sequel: Don't include any other horror icons! They don't belong there. Freddy and Jason only fought because of the Jason Goes to Hell ending. If it wasn't for that movie, Freddy vs. Jason probably wouldn't have been made (seems that Jason Goes to Hell had something going for it).

slasherman
04-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by phantomstranger
12:00 AM, 03-APRIL-06
Englund said that he already has ideas for the plot and would like to sit down with actress Jamie Lee Curtis
..hasnt she retired ?

alkytrio666
04-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket
Here's my point of view if they decide to make a Freddy vs. Jason sequel: Don't include any other horror icons! They don't belong there. Freddy and Jason only fought because of the Jason Goes to Hell ending. If it wasn't for that movie, Freddy vs. Jason probably wouldn't have been made (seems that Jason Goes to Hell had something going for it).

Agreed.