PDA

View Full Version : Food Poisoning

pinkfloyd45769
04-02-2006, 06:43 AM
I missed the April fools fun i guess. I got sick from some bad cod fish!! If any of you have ever had this, how long does it last?? I still feel like shit! :(

cheebacheeba
04-02-2006, 07:01 AM
Stop eating solids.
Eat plain/vanilla yhogurt.
Try to get some masala tea, it should soothe your stomach.
Ginger is good too.
Drink lots of water, take some natural henna based laxatives.
For lack of a better way to put it - shit all the damage out.

2-3 Days for most of the nastier cases. If not, consult a doctor.

Also, don't hesitate to complain to the person or establishment that served you. The quality issue should be identified and corrected, or you may not be the last victim. Food poisoning CAN, in some cases put a person at deaths door. So, if there's a problem, do your best to fix it.

- B

pinkfloyd45769
04-02-2006, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
Stop eating solids.
Eat plain/vanilla yhogurt.
Try to get some masala tea, it should soothe your stomach.
Ginger is good too.
Drink lots of water, take some natural henna based laxatives.
For lack of a better way to put it - shit all the damage out.

2-3 Days for most of the nastier cases. If not, consult a doctor.

Also, don't hesitate to complain to the person or establishment that served you. The quality issue should be identified and corrected, or you may not be the last victim. Food poisoning CAN, in some cases put a person at deaths door. So, if there's a problem, do your best to fix it.

- B Thanks!! I'm starving, but i'm scared to eat. I have already complained, it went nowhere! :rolleyes:

Nyarlathotep
04-02-2006, 07:13 AM
friend got food poisoning (i mean, how can you undercook a burger :rolleyes: )

he had to go to the doctors because he couldn't keep any food down, was given some medication to stop the vomiting and was right as rain a couple of days later

pinkfloyd45769
04-02-2006, 07:29 AM
I know for sure i will never eat cod fish again!!

Despare
04-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Ginger tea has always helped me as well as flat ginger ale. I sometimes turn to pepermint oil as well.

ItsAlive75
04-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Eat raw beef... the redder the better.

DraculaInDallas
04-02-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by pinkfloyd45769
I missed the April fools fun i guess. I got sick from some bad cod fish!! If any of you have ever had this, how long does it last?? I still feel like shit! :(

Sorry to hear that sweetie. Next time try the trouser trout!!! ;) :p :D

stubbornforgey
04-02-2006, 09:13 PM
awww i hope ure feeling better..specially with your pregnancy as well..

pinkfloyd45769
04-02-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm starting to feel better now, thanks!! Sorry IA, no beef for me!! Poor cows!! :( :p

VampiricClown
04-02-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm sorry you got sick, but I'm glad you're feeling better.

You ate some bad fish, it wasn't by any chance from a "Captain D's" was it? We had someone die from eating there at the one in my town here a few months ago. They didn't tell anyone and they didn't find out for about 3 weeks. They wound up closing the place for around a month.

Sad really. You can't even be safe eating. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TOO!?!?!?

Sorry....I got carried away....Too much sleep this morning. I got 14 hours of it....