PDA

View Full Version : Robert Englund directs horror comedy

phantomstranger
03-31-2006, 03:53 PM
Freddy Krueger Scores a Killer Pad
Source: Variety
March 31, 2006

Robert Englund, best known as Freddy Krueger in the "A Nightmare on Elm Street" franchise, will direct Killer Pad, a horror-comedy from producers Wayne Rice (Dude, Where's My Car?) and Avi Chesed that's set to begin filming late next month in Los Angeles.

Script was written by newcomer Dan Stoller. The film stars Shane McRae, Eric Jungman and Daniel Franzese, and rapper-indie music mogul Master P will do the soundtrack.

Variety says the story revolves around three friends who use money from an insurance claim to move out of their parents' homes. They score a place in the Hollywood Hills and refuse to believe that the house has a dark history.

RagbagGeorge
03-31-2006, 04:52 PM
wow hes directing a movie i hope itz as good as freddyvsjason!!!!!!!!!!!

Posher778
03-31-2006, 07:53 PM
Well then, to be better than that amazing film he might actually have to film a piece of trash blowing in the wind, or a rotting log floating down a stream...

Nyarlathotep
04-01-2006, 01:01 AM
will it be better than 976-evil ???

Despare
04-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Posher778
Well then, to be better than that amazing film he might actually have to film a piece of trash blowing in the wind, or a rotting log floating down a stream...

I found Freddy Vs. Jason a fun little action/comedy/horror (in that order) movie. It just didn't live up to what it could have been. I do like the fact that Englund is involved but horror comedy movies can go either way and I seriously hope this one pans out.