PDA

View Full Version : Most influential horror/fantasy artist?

Ash
09-26-2003, 03:46 AM
Geiger's Alien stuff is brilliant and probably the first thing that comes to mind when I think of horror artists. There are also so many cool comic artists who could fall into the horror category. And some of the artists who worked on those old horror movie posters were classic.

Not sure who was (or if it's even possible to choose) the top horror artist. Anyone else have thoughts on the best or most inluential artist in horror history?

dmihatmttl
09-29-2003, 04:42 AM
I don't know if I could pick just one, but here are a few of my favorites: Berni Wrightson, Giger, J.K. Potter, David Ho, Wes Benscoter (sp?), Mike Bohatch, Caniglia, Alan Clark, GAK, Thomas Arensberg, Chad Savage, Andonis Dragassias, Keith Minnion (who has done several of my covers, I'm very proud to say), and the Hildebrant Brothers.

James N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html

Krzychu
10-11-2003, 06:22 AM
Clive Barker cast a spell on me. He is great painter.

Killer Clown#1
10-11-2003, 07:19 AM
Todd mcflarine.

thomasarensberg
11-09-2003, 11:32 AM
as a kid for me it was any of the e.c artist. berni wrightson richard corben, {bode not so much a horror artist} his images were always true to to his minds eye . jeff jones ... all the new artist ..

guardian
11-09-2003, 01:06 PM
Yeah, Berni Wrightson, Giger, Richard Corben, Brom are legends.

heapodd
11-11-2003, 06:11 PM
Francis Bacon was a British painters - his paintings are truly frightening.

www.francis-bacon.cx

vulpesnoctus
12-10-2003, 12:27 PM
I believe that Hieronymous Bosch was probably the most influential horror artist. He was certainly ahead of his time. He's especially famous for his heaven-and-hell triptyches.

bloodygurl02
01-07-2004, 02:37 PM
for fantasy artists i would say i like Amy brown, keith parkinson and brain froud. froud did some work on the movies dark crystal and labyrinth. and i forgout aout ruth thompson

www.amybrown.net
she has links to brian frouds site and other fantasy artists as well