PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Live Action Movie

Prelude95Si
03-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Shia LaBeouf in Talks for Transformers
Source: Stax March 28, 2006

IGN Filmforce has confirmed a recent rumor that Shia LaBeouf (Constantine, "I, Robot") is in talks to play Sam in Paramount's big screen Transformers adaptation, directed by Michael Bay and executive produced by Steven Spielberg.

A casting sheet making the rounds includes a description of the Sam character, as well as the humans in the film:

Sam - teenage male, somewhat nerdy, but ultimately heroic.

Miguela Barns - teenage female, Sam's love interest.

Cpt William Lennicks - 30s male, leader of the military.

Maggie - female, really hot, really smart, works as a codebreaker for the government.

John Kellar - 50's/60's male, US Secretary of State.

Glen Whitman - 20's male, technogeek, comic relief.

Transformers is targeted for a July 4, 2007 release date.

The_Return
03-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Pure eye candy I bet. Bay and Spielberg = Huge effects budget with little substance. Thats said, it'll definatly be some damn good eye candy...I'll see it in theatres.

kung-fu-jesus
03-29-2006, 05:49 AM
video

iloveskunk
03-29-2006, 08:38 PM
the transformer RL movie has been in talks for like 8 months

besides that the should prefect the tech b4 tryin it or its just gonna look cheesy

The_Return
03-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by iloveskunk
the transformer RL movie has been in talks for like 8 months

besides that the should prefect the tech b4 tryin it or its just gonna look cheesy

Come on, it's Stephen Spielburg. The one thing you can always count on in his films is amazing effects. I dont think we need to worry...

goldenwarrior
03-30-2006, 07:22 PM
update here (http://moviesonline.ca/movienews_8070.html)

RagbagGeorge
03-31-2006, 02:00 PM
this looks really cool! hope it dusnt sux!

Prelude95Si
04-20-2006, 04:11 PM
Transformers Cast Coming Together
Source: IGN Filmforce April 20, 2006

IGN FilmForce reports that Jon Voight, Michael Clarke Duncan, Josh Duhamel, Bernie Mac, Tyrese, John Turturro, Rachael Taylor, Megan Fox, Travis Van Winkle and John Robinson are in talks to join Shia LaBeof in Paramount/DreamWorks' big screen Transformers adaptation.

Directed by Michael Bay, the film is scheduled for a July 4, 2007 release.

Visit the link above to learn more about their characters in the film!

1beastieibe
04-20-2006, 04:19 PM
My little brother might crap himself, he loves Transformers, he has a savings account just for the giant whole body tattoo he wants. I hope its good, or there will be a lot of pissed off fans!

ShepisFan
04-22-2006, 04:13 PM
I just can't see this movie being any good, but who knows, it could be a fun summer flick.

Prelude95Si
04-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by ShepisFan
I just can't see this movie being any good, but who knows, it could be a fun summer flick.

Well the story might suck, but this movie is going to be awsome b/c we get to see the Transformers in live action fighting.

mothermold
04-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
Pure eye candy I bet. Bay and Spielberg = Huge effects budget with little substance. Thats said, it'll definatly be some damn good eye candy...I'll see it in theatres.

I'd say you hit the nail on the head with the Bay and Spielberg pairing.

Here's a link for those interested,it's a U.K. car commercial(it's been out for a while).It's a good visual

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=6550

At any rate I should think the movie C.G. will equal or exceed this.

Sick_As_Fuck
04-24-2006, 09:06 PM
This is seriously some gay shit.

mothermold
04-24-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Sick_As_Fuck
This is seriously some gay shit.

Yet you take the time add your two-cents.

Prelude95Si
05-15-2006, 05:28 PM
More Join the Transformers Cast
Source: The Hollywood Reporter May 12, 2006

Rachael Taylor and Amaury Nolasco have been cast in DreamWorks' Transformers and Tyrese Gibson is in talks to join them, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The trio joins the already cast Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Jon Voight and Bernie Mac in the Michael Bay-directed film.

Taylor will play Maggie Marconi, a codebreaker at a think tank. Nolasco and Gibson are Army officers.

Angry Films' Don Murphy, Tom DeSanto and Lorenzo di Bonaventura are producing. Steven Spielberg is executive producing. Hasbro's Brian Goldner also is executive producing.

Despare
05-15-2006, 07:04 PM

It is Transformers after all, you weren't expecting deep meaningful relationships and thought provoking dialogue were you?
For that just watch Robot Chicken, the one where Optimus Prime has prostate cancer.

Miss Olivia
05-15-2006, 07:42 PM
LOL that was the best....where he transformed into a coffin....
God I love Seth Green.

Yellow Jacket
05-15-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Despare
It is Transformers after all, you weren't expecting deep meaningful relationships and thought provoking dialogue were you?
For that just watch Robot Chicken, the one where Optimus Prime has prostate cancer.

I love that episode! I loved it when they were done with that skit and they went to the guy at the hospital, where he tells the doctor it burns when he pees, and Optimus comes out of nowhere and says "What did I just tell you?!?" Comedic gold! Miy favorite episode is still "Big Brother: Horror Version".

mothermold
05-16-2006, 12:13 AM

Or when Soundwave turns into a portable toilet.................due to unemployment.:p

Prelude95Si
05-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Plane to be Filmed for Transformers?
Source: bittercold May 19, 2006

With the cast in place for Michael Bay's Transformers (see full details here), scooper 'bittercold' alerts us to a location where the production is likely to film next week:

I am not going to tell you how I know this information because it is hush hush... but lets just say I am affiliated with the air force... here is what I know.

Next week on Wednesday and Thursday a C-130J model from Little Rock AFB Arkansas is heading for Holloman AFB New Mexico for shooting on Transformers the movie. They might be taking on the roll of a MC-130. I know they are going to do attack rolls and manuevers. I also know that after Holloman they are heading on to San Diego... so there may be more filming there.

The point of this... the film is geting USAF support and there will be C-130s in the movie.

Believe it or not... but filming is starting next week.

Transformers is scheduled for a July 4, 2007 release date.

Prelude95Si
05-21-2006, 11:14 AM
Check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3dV8VSvW2I&search=transformers

mothermold
05-22-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Prelude95Si
Believe it or not... but filming is starting next week.

Transformers is scheduled for a July 4, 2007 release date.

That's pretty hard to believe considering these types of C.G. heavy films sometimes take up to a year in post-production.Principle photography on this must be ridiculously short....that or they plan on pushing back the realease date.

Prelude95Si
06-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Transformers Shooting at the Hoover Dam
Source: handz510 June 7, 2006

Scooper 'handz510' tells us that Transformers will be filmed at the Hoover Dam Thursday and Friday. The dam is located 30 miles southeast of Las Vegas on US Highway 93 at the Nevada-Arizona border.

My wife and I will be heading to Hoover Dam tomorrow to play tourists in the upcoming movie. The crew will be shooting in that area Thursday and Friday. Some of the other roles that they were casting were Secret Service Agents, Cops, Medics/Med Evac, SWAT Team type, and more tourists. Hopefully I'll get a chance to snap some pics. Oh yea, we ran into John Voight, who in real life is pretty damn tall, and looks way younger in person.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I remeber correctly in the piolt episode the transformers faught at Sherman Dam, but still its a dam so we might see some live action recreation of that sceen.

Prelude95Si
06-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Transformers Teaser Launch Details
Source: Superhero Hype! June 19, 2006

Superhero Hype! has confirmed that the teaser trailer for director Michael Bay's Transformers will debut online first at the official website on July 4th (it is what the clock is counting down to on the site). Then the teaser will play in theaters on most screens with Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest on July 7th.

DreamWorks' big screen adaptation, written by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, stars Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Jon Voight, Bernie Mac, Tyrese Gibson, Rachael Taylor, Amaury Nolasco, Kevin Dunn and Ronnie Sperling.

The action-adventure hits theaters on July 4th, 2007.

Prelude95Si
07-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Teaser

http://www.transformersmovie.com/

mothermold
07-02-2006, 11:43 PM
Teaser

http://www.transformersmovie.com/

Nice!

noctuary
07-03-2006, 05:09 AM
I have to wonder... why exactly are they making this movie? The Transformers haven't been popular for quite a few years now. Are they just making it for mid-twenties fanboys? Oh wait... that pretty much describes me. Carry on, Mr. Bay.

Miss Olivia
07-03-2006, 10:02 AM
And girls. I'm stoked about this. I even have the original Transformers movie....but since Boogie Nights, every time I watch it I laugh my ass off because one of the main songs is the one Mark Wahlberg was trying to record when he was all coked out. Whenever it plays all I can think about it off key singing. Now I'm waiting for the Snorks, Smurfs, and G.I. Joe to jump on the live action eighties bandwagon....should be interesting:D

Prelude95Si
07-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by noctuary
I have to wonder... why exactly are they making this movie? The Transformers haven't been popular for quite a few years now. Are they just making it for mid-twenties fanboys? Oh wait... that pretty much describes me. Carry on, Mr. Bay.

First off, why not make it. Second the Transformers has never been out of popularity. After G1 ended they still showed re-runs in the 90's. Then there was Best Wars and Beast Mechnines in the late 90's. After that and into present there is the anime Transformers which is mainly for the youth of today. So Transformers is still and fairly popular media, I still see new toys coming out all the time at Wal Mart and last year they started re-releaseing the G1 toys! So I'd say that Transformers has very good longviety.

But I agree, it will mainly appleal to the mid-twenties fanboys and girls.

mothermold
07-03-2006, 08:28 PM
First off, why not make it. Second the Transformers has never been out of popularity. After G1 ended they still showed re-runs in the 90's. Then there was Best Wars and Beast Mechnines in the late 90's. After that and into present there is the anime Transformers which is mainly for the youth of today. So Transformers is still and fairly popular media, I still see new toys coming out all the time at Wal Mart and last year they started re-releaseing the G1 toys! So I'd say that Transformers has very good longviety.

But I agree, it will mainly appleal to the mid-twenties fanboys and girls.

This film should do well in the U.S.(80's retro) aswell as Japan they've shown Transformers in their various incarnations non stop since G1....Big Convoy anyone?

trx1
07-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Transformers are the best!! cant wait for the movie:cool:

crazy raplh
08-13-2006, 09:40 AM
I saw the poster for ths, I am excited has anyone seen anything about it?

alkytrio666
08-13-2006, 09:58 AM
It seems like a pretty fruity idea to me. I kinda laughed when I saw the trailer.

Posher778
08-13-2006, 11:15 AM
There's a thread for this.

The_Return
08-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Posher778
There's a thread for this.

Lazy bastard

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21342&perpage=15&highlight=transformers&pagenumber=1

Prelude95Si
08-14-2006, 06:44 AM
Cullen Confirmed as the Voice of Optimus Prime
Source: Superhero Hype! July 21, 2006

The original voice of Transformers' Optimus Prime, Peter Cullen, will also voice the character in Paramount's anticipated big screen adaptation. Cullen made the announcement over the phone during the studio's presentation at the San Diego Comic-Con today.

Transformers, directed by Michael Bay, hits theaters on July 4, 2007.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This movie is going to be the greatest movie ever!

Vodstok
08-14-2006, 07:03 AM
It can be crap and I wont care. I still have a video tap efrom forever ago because i have the original transformers the movie on it... Unicron rules....

Vodstok
08-14-2006, 07:08 AM
Clever teaser, but a note to mr bay...

Mars does not have a blue sky.. Hell, even Paul Verhoven got that one right...

Vodstok
08-14-2006, 07:15 AM
I have to wonder... why exactly are they making this movie? The Transformers haven't been popular for quite a few years now. Are they just making it for mid-twenties fanboys? Oh wait... that pretty much describes me. Carry on, Mr. Bay. How about early 30s fanboys? Dont forget about us :)

We have a strong sense of Nostalgia, and deeeep pockets :)

urgeok
08-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
How about early 30s fanboys? Dont forget about us :)

We have a strong sense of Nostalgia, and deeeep pockets :)

Vodstok
08-14-2006, 09:53 AM
No no.. i said "30s". You are in your 40s, right? :D

urgeok
08-14-2006, 09:58 AM
No no.. i said "30s". You are in your 40s, right? :D

nope, my 60s !

Angra
08-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by alkytrio666
It seems like a pretty fruity idea to me.

Agreed.

It needs a director such as Peter Jackson and a 5 hours running time. THEN i would stand in line for a ticket.:cool: :D

Miss Olivia
08-14-2006, 12:10 PM
It can be crap and I wont care. I still have a video tap efrom forever ago because i have the original transformers the movie on it... Unicron rules....

Orson Welles had such a great voice. It would be awesome if they had the old voice actors in the new movie, but I know it probably won't happen.

Vodstok
08-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Miss Olivia
Orson Welles had such a great voice. It would be awesome if they had the old voice actors in the new movie, but I know it probably won't happen. Optimus prime is going to be the original voice :)

If they decide to use a new voice for starscream i will be VERY happy.... Chris Latta did the same damn voice for all of his characters... that screechy cobra commander crap...

Oops, my bad... he died in 94 from a brain hemmorage. Dotn i feel like an ass...

crazy raplh
08-14-2006, 09:47 PM
not sire about the whole mars rooder thing thoogh.

Vodstok
08-15-2006, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by crazy raplh
not sire about the whole mars rooder thing thoogh. What?

If you have suffered a blow to the head, get to the hospital and quit posting.

urgeok
08-15-2006, 06:10 AM
What?

If you have suffered a blow to the head, get to the hospital and quit posting.

well, he did kind of warn us ... he IS crazy and he spelled his own name wrong in his nick :D

Prelude95Si
08-15-2006, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by crazy raplh
not sire about the whole mars rooder thing thoogh.

Bare in mind that the Mars stuff is appearing in a teaser, the purpose of a teaser is to get you exicted and let you know that a movie is coming. Will the idea of a Mars rover finding the Transformers is kinda like their coming to Earth. I don't think Mars will have a big role if any. Maybe the Transformers crash on Mars first then come to Earth. But then there was the rumor started b/c of the teaser that Mars might be the new Cybertron, but that would be ass and wouldn't make sense.

The_Return
08-15-2006, 07:40 AM
that would be ass and wouldn't make sense.

I agree that it would suck, but they could make it make sence. It wouldnt fit with how the story is supposed to go, but keep in mind that this is Micheal Bay. He really doesnt give a damn.

Vodstok
08-15-2006, 07:56 AM
Did no one else notice that in the teaser mars' sky is blue?

It's red.... Lots of CO2 and Methane.....

havent you ever played any doom games?

urgeok
08-15-2006, 08:35 AM
i was too old for this stuff when it came out and missed out on it .

we do have a bunch of transformer toys though ..

be cool if the movie made them collectable..

Vodstok
08-15-2006, 09:09 AM
I'm surprised they havent attempted a gobot movie yet.. they predate even transformers.

urgeok
08-15-2006, 09:12 AM
I'm surprised they havent attempted a gobot movie yet.. they predate even transformers.

do you know all the different robot types ?

i think i have both .

transformers insignia looks sort of like a diamond shaped mask right ?

and gobots id a blue G with something in the middle ?

Vodstok
08-15-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
do you know all the different robot types ?

i think i have both .

transformers insignia looks sort of like a diamond shaped mask right ?

and gobots id a blue G with something in the middle ? There were 2 for the transformerrs, autobots had one and decepticons had another, but your are pretty close, both looked alot alike and were somewhat diamond shaped. Gobots it dont think had an emblem.

urgeok
08-15-2006, 09:39 AM
There were 2 for the transformerrs, autobots had one and decepticons had another, but your are pretty close, both looked alot alike and were somewhat diamond shaped. Gobots it dont think had an emblem.

well i have a couple of toys that have an emblem .. its kind of a big G with something inside ..

i tried to find it on the pictures i found of gobots and couldnt ..

i actually have a ton of these toys I'd like to identify .. 3 different major styles ..

once i finish sorting out all of the toys I'm going to post a million pictures and see if anyone can identify any of the ones I cant figure out ..

Miss Olivia
08-15-2006, 01:00 PM
I actually have the Decepticon mask stenciled on my computer desk. I was thinking about getting the two different faces tattooed on each cheek of my ass. You know, the whole tragedy/comedy thing is really worn out....but how many people have Transformers on their ass?
Always going for originality. Plus, I plan on getting old and fat one day, and they could stretch into a whole robot.
That would be COOL.

Prelude95Si
08-19-2006, 08:19 PM
And the Transformers Are...
Source: Paramount Pictures August 18, 2006

Transformers screenwriters Bob Orci and Alex Kurtzman revealed all the robots that will appear in the anticipated film today in a webcast on Yahoo! Movies. The Transformers that will be in the film include:

Autobots:
Optimus Prime
Bumblebee
Jazz
Ratchet
Ironhide

Decepticons:
Megatron
Starscream
Brawl
Bonecrusher
Barricade
Scorponok
Frenzy
Blackout

Orci and Kurtzman also announced that there will be a contest on the official website soon in which you send in a line that Optimus Prime should say in the movie. The studio will pick one line that will make it in the film.

Transformers, directed by Michael Bay, hits theaters on July 4, 2007.

------------------------------------------------------
CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noctuary
08-20-2006, 10:01 AM
Optimus prime is going to be the original voice :)

If they decide to use a new voice for starscream i will be VERY happy.... Chris Latta did the same damn voice for all of his characters... that screechy cobra commander crap...
Hey, now. I liked Latta's uber-faggy interpretation of Starscream. Seemed fitting. I'm sad that he can't do this one. However, I'm super-happy that Cullen is returning.

Prelude95Si
08-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Hey, now. I liked Latta's uber-faggy interpretation of Starscream. Seemed fitting.

I agree, for some reason it seemed to work but since I never had a previous idea of what Starscream could sound like I guess thats why I like it. I think this would be the same thing for Prime, when I hear the guy playing Prime on the Anime stuff it seems to work but its not the original Prime to me b/c I grew-up with the original voice and thats Prime'f voice to me.

Prelude95Si
08-21-2006, 06:29 PM
An Update on the Transformers
Source: Michael Bay August 20, 2006

Michael Bay's official message boards Admin 'Nelson' has posted an update with info from Bay about Transformers:

1- They will be releasing more teaser posters in the coming months.

2- Paramount made studies and concluded that the TF "ANNOUNCEMENT" was the 2nd highest rated "teaser" this summer.

3.- They just finished shooting a lot of Pentagon interiors on a soundstage in scenes that involved many Chiefs of staff in their huge war room.

4.- Shia just was recently suspended over the edge of a 20 story building in a very dynamic and intense scene.

5.- The average transformation time from normal mode to alt mode and vice versa is about 3 to 4 seconds.

6.- The leaked pictures are legit (although a somewhat early rendering).

7.- Filming of massive chase scenes will begin in the following weeks.

8.- The CGI transformations by ILM are looking wicked and nastier every single day.

9.- Part 1 will be about why the transformers came to earth.

10.- This movie will be a new start for the live action franchise that will not be based on any particular TF TV series and/or comic book.

By the way, the top teaser of the summer was, of course... Spider-Man 3

The_Return
08-21-2006, 07:12 PM
6.- The leaked pictures are legit (although a somewhat early rendering).

...Uh what?

Point me to them!

Prelude95Si
08-22-2006, 04:52 PM
...Uh what?

Point me to them!

http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=6358&mode=flat

http://flickr.com/photos/lights/218635248/

http://flickr.com/photos/lights/218635247/

http://flickr.com/photos/lights/218635246/

http://flickr.com/photos/lights/218633474/

http://aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24215

This one is a video from E!
http://xtramsn.co.nz/entertainment/0,,12252-6029525-300,00.html

The_Return
08-22-2006, 05:01 PM
http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=6358&mode=flat

http://flickr.com/photos/lights/218635248/

http://flickr.com/photos/lights/218635247/

http://flickr.com/photos/lights/218635246/

http://flickr.com/photos/lights/218633474/

http://aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24215

This one is a video from E!
http://xtramsn.co.nz/entertainment/0,,12252-6029525-300,00.html

Sweet, looking awesome.

ENTITY2000
08-22-2006, 09:19 PM
optimus prime kicks ass!!!!!!!!!!!

Prelude95Si
08-23-2006, 04:09 PM
I surprised that no one has really made a comment about Megatron so here I go:

1) I know that he is going to be a tank rather than a gun which makes more sense but is he going to look anything like the original robot mode?

2) What the original actor's voice of Megatron, I feel that the voice perference should go all the way around for all of the characters.

Any thoughts?

Prelude95Si
08-25-2006, 08:53 AM
Sweet, looking awesome.

http://www.seibertron.com/

Megatron looks like ass!

Prelude95Si
09-08-2006, 11:07 PM
On the Transformers Set
Source: Heather Newgen September 8, 2006

In 1984, Japanese toy company Takara launched a new line of toys called 'Transformers," which was sold outside of Japan by Hasbro. The toy robots had the ability to convert themselves into cars, animals or aircrafts. The Takara toyline proved to be such a huge phenomenon that there have been Marvel comic books, animated series and a feature-length film based on the popular toys. And now, director Michael Bay is in the midst of shooting a live action Transformers film.

The movie is currently being shot in Los Angeles and while ComingSoon.net/SuperheroHype.com was on set, Bay (wearing a t-shirt that read "Giant F**king Robots are Coming") was shooting one of the final scenes. While the studio has embargoed a lot of the set coverage, we can tell you that it's going to be a huge action scene, because the entire street (Broadway between 8th and 9th) in downtown L.A. was blocked off and there were a couple hundred extras.

As the extras walked up and down Broadway, Bay paced the street making sure the new Bumblebee, Ratchet, Ironhide and Jazz were set and in place. There were camera cranes placed over the cars and at the end of the road were Styrofoam rocks made to look like concrete. It looked as though they had been blown up and two crashed cars were being loaded onto a tow truck.

There were men dressed in military uniforms standing in the middle of it all and unit publicist Gabriela Jutentag explained, "All the guys in military garb are all ex military. Real military, except of course Tyrese and Josh Duhamel. This is one of the scenes from the end of the movie so I don't want to tell you too much about it. Obviously when you see everybody looking up and you don't see anything up there, you can imagine what it is."

Even though the film is being shot in LA, the story never clearly indicates the location. "I don't think we've ever determined what city. Michael hasn't gone to any kind of length to disguise Los Angeles by any means, but I don't think there is a specific city. We're going to go out about the last week of production, we're going to go shoot in Chicago, Detroit, Boston, D.C. We're hopefully going to be the first movie that's actually going to go shoot at the Pentagon. We'll see though. It hasn't happened yet," Jutentag added.

Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura wants to keep the story under wraps. "We really don't want to spoil the story. I know people are mad at us for it. We don't want people to be mad…What's the mystery by the time you get there. We're desperately trying to hold on to some elements of it…Entertainment depends to a certain degree. So if you're going to give away the surprise, then what's left?"

But he did say a lot of the mythology is incorporated into the film. "We like to think there's quite a bit of it. It had so many different iterations. That's what's complicated about it, is that which iteration do you think is the mythology and which one did you grow up with? That was the hard part."

Another hurdle in making the film was the human element of the story, di Bonaventura told us. "Because these things are amazing. The scale of them is so big. How do humans play out? I'm sure as part of Jurassic Park's issue. You start falling in love with the dinosaurs. But like, what about the people.? In a way the Transformers work themselves out, but how do you make sure the people have an equal role?"

All Tom DeSanto, another producer on the film, said about the story is that "the characters have a lot of heart and soul. They're great characters… The robots are great. When you see this stuff you're going to go, 'I've never seen that before in my life.' And you're going to believe it. You're going to believe that that truck or that car is actually standing there. But, you're going to care and that's the key."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What the fuck is this bull shit! Human parts, who gives a flying rats ass about the humans. Even in the cartoon the humans were like a meat by product, a reason for the Autobots to be heroes. Then he compares this movie to Jurassic Park. That is a totaly different situation, Dinosurs can't talk they just eat people, the Transformers can talk and have personalities, can't compare. And the comment about "That's what's complicated about it, is that which iteration do you think is the mythology and which one did you grow up with? That was the hard part." Nobody cares about the other iterations, we only want Generation One!

Someone made a comment on another site about the Decepticons looking like alien bugs, "do they think that the audience is really that dumb that they can't tell whos bad or good that they have to completely change the design of the Decepticons?"
Bay stop butchering this movie!

The_Return
09-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Calm down you crazy fan-boy!

Ive never been a real die-hard Transformer fan, but Ive always liked them to some degree. Personally, I like the direction this is going, and I think Megatron, despite looking alot different, looks AWESOME!

Prelude95Si
09-11-2006, 05:17 PM
Calm down you crazy fan-boy!

I just feel that a movie based on an established media should not drift far from the original concept, i.e. Spider-Man, it had slight differences in the story and origin of the characters but it stayed fairly true to the original concept.

My view is that I was excieted about this movie simply b/c I wanted to see Optimus and Megatron go head to head. But with Megatron looking so different it won't be the same. I can't picture a sinister voice coming from an alien insecet thing. I think that even if they would have gone with a Beast Wars or Transformers: Cybertron look that I would have been happy.

Prelude95Si
09-23-2006, 09:04 AM
John Rogers on Transformers
Source: Newsarama September 22, 2006

John Rogers, who wrote the first draft of the Transformers script, talked to Newsarama about the movie. Here's a clip from the article:

Yep, I wrote the first draft. I've seen the shooting script, and it's about half and half. They've moved one of the storylines a little earlier, and they've increased the big military aspect, whereas I had focused on some of the smaller, personal stories. Yeah, you know, I get a credit, we'll see. We'll see what it looks like eventually. It goes from me, to the other guys, who work quite extensively with Michael Bay, so using what he needs to get his vision across. The characters are the same, the rough plot's the same, and I've seen the mock-ups of the battles and it's gonna be frickin' huge. It'll be a lot of fun to see.

Transformers hits theaters on July 4.

Despare
09-23-2006, 04:30 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2006/20060717.jpg

Prelude95Si
09-24-2006, 02:05 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2006/20060717.jpg

That's great, I love it!

DrenTheLiar
09-24-2006, 04:23 PM
why the hell is transformers on here!? the only thign scary abotu it is the idea of makin a movie of it.I know everyone likes different things but WHY is it on here: HORROR.com not fiction fantasy.com

Despare
09-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by DrenTheLiar
why the hell is transformers on here!? the only thign scary abotu it is the idea of makin a movie of it.I know everyone likes different things but WHY is it on here: HORROR.com not fiction fantasy.com

We like other things and movie other than horror... to be that one dimensional would make me cry.

Vodstok
09-25-2006, 08:43 AM
why the hell is transformers on here!? the only thign scary abotu it is the idea of makin a movie of it.I know everyone likes different things but WHY is it on here: HORROR.com not fiction fantasy.com Why does the Sci-fi channel play fantasy and horror? Because enthusiasts of a particular genre tend to like things from related genres.

Prelude95Si
09-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Why does the Sci-fi channel play fantasy and horror? Because enthusiasts of a particular genre tend to like things from related genres.

Good point.

DrenTheLiar
09-25-2006, 05:25 PM
but there is a fine lien between halloween and transformers...

The_Return
09-25-2006, 05:44 PM

...no there isnt.

Miss Olivia
09-25-2006, 11:15 PM
More like a yawning chasm.

I always wanted to say that. Yawning chasm. Yaaawniiing chaasm.
Woo hoo.

Prelude95Si
09-26-2006, 02:08 PM

Honestly if you don't want to talk about Transformers then don't read or post on this forum.
Or if you feel that its such a big deal to have non-horror movies in the discussion board at Horror.com then just don't come here at all.

There's no reason to critize why a certain thread is on a movie forum. I mean look at Fridaythe13thfilm.com, their forum has everything from Halloween to Dumb and Dummer.

But there really isn't that big of a distinction between Horror and Sci-Fi, just go to your local video store, I'm sure that they categorize their movies as Sci-Fi/Horror or else the 2 sections are right next to each other.

DrenTheLiar
09-26-2006, 02:29 PM
point taken point taken....im just sayin i kind acame to a horror forum to get AWAY from stuff off topic really..

The_Return
09-26-2006, 02:41 PM
point taken point taken....im just sayin i kind acame to a horror forum to get AWAY from stuff off topic really..

Dude...you're in the wrong place.

Despare
09-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Sci-Fi has ECW too. ;)
(Sorry)

Prelude95Si
10-04-2006, 06:07 PM
GM Starting the Transformers Campaign Early
Source: carsellingfool October 4, 2006

We all know by now that Bumblebee will be a Chevrolet Camaro instead of a VW Bug in the Transformers movie, while Ironhide is a GMC Top Kick C4500 4WD Crew Cab.

GM (which owns Chevrolet and GMC) is expected to have a big promo campaign to back-up the appearances of its vehicles in the movie, but they are already giving us a tease with a transforming Chevrolet Silverado on the 2007 model's official website. The intro teaser takes a classic truck and transforms it into past models before getting to the new model (another hint about something in the movie!)

http://www.chevrolet.com/silverado/launch/

Prelude95Si
11-13-2006, 07:40 PM
Peter Cullen on the Transformers Movie
Source: The Oklahoman November 13, 2006

The Oklahoman has posted an interview with voice actor Peter Cullen in which he talks about voicing Optimus Prime in the Transformers movie:

Cullen said the hard-core Transformers fans are to thank for his reprisal of the role in the upcoming big-budget film.

"(The filmmakers) were thinking more Hollywood big names," Cullen said. "They did start to consider the original voice actors because of the enthusiasm and the ... stubbornness of the fan base. God, I'm grateful for those guys," he said.

Cullen was called in to audition for Michael Bay at his offices in Santa Monica, Calif.

He was asked to read a scene with Optimus Prime and Ironhide, a gutsy Autobot who was a close friend of Prime's, also played by Cullen in the original series.

"The script assistant was there, and she started reading for Ironside," Cullen said.

"I said, ‘Excuse me, dear, do you mind if I read it?' Because I actually played this character.'"

Cullen completed the read-through reading for both characters.

Cullen received a callback. This time, Cullen was called to act out a more personal, one-on-one scene.

"The reason for that was, they wanted to find out if I in fact could act," he said.

"Optimus steps out of his normal frame, and becomes ... a little more human."

Prelude95Si
11-15-2006, 06:56 PM
LaBeouf Signed for Two More Transformers
Source: About.com November 15, 2006

Shia LaBeouf told About.com that he is signed for two more Transformers movies. Here's a clip:

Yeah, I'm gonna do it. That will be my Lord of the Rings and then I'll just make indies the rest of my time, for a long time. Elijah [Wood's] straight. Elijah can do whatever he wants. Why? Because he's in one of the biggest, the top five grossers ever. People in China know who he is and people in Iceland know who he is. He can do whatever he wants. That's my whole thing is I've got to get to the point where people in Iceland will go see Guide to Recognizing Your Saints. That's what I'm trying to do.

Prelude95Si
12-11-2006, 08:54 AM
So there was a poll on the Transformers movie web site to determine the line that the fans wanted Prime to say the most in the movie and here was the winner:

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"

What the fuck is that shit!?!

I think most if not all of the die hard fans want Prime to say:
"Autobots, transform and roll out."

I hope Peter Cullen knows the character well enough or the writers know the character well enough to have Prime say that line b/c I think that was one line that Prime said in like every episode.

Vodstok
12-11-2006, 09:05 AM
So there was a poll on the Transformers movie web site to determine the line that the fans wanted Prime to say the most in the movie and here was the winner:

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"

What the fuck is that shit!?!

I think most if not all of the die hard fans want Prime to say:
"Autobots, transform and roll out."

I hope Peter Cullen knows the character well enough or the writers know the character well enough to have Prime say that line b/c I think that was one line that Prime said in like every episode.

internet polls are not being watched for script suggestions, i garuntee it.

Roderick Usher
12-11-2006, 09:18 AM
look it's a car...

no it's a robot...

no it's a go-bot...

who could possibly care about one soulless hunk of metal that turns into another soulless hunk of metal?

no soul = no empathy = no interest

And if Micheal Bay loves it then you know it must be pure shit

Vodstok
12-11-2006, 09:32 AM
look it's a car...

no it's a robot...

no it's a go-bot...

who could possibly care about one soulless hunk of metal that turns into another soulless hunk of metal?

no soul = no empathy = no interest

And if Micheal Bay loves it then you know it must be pure shit

I have to see it because i was a bit obsessive with the transformers when i was a kid, but i see eye to eye with you on the Michael bay, souless connection. his movies are pretty, vapid, empty, and usually pointless, but have huge special effects and cast budgets. Plus, they tend to say a lot of really important sounding things rapid fire, and with conviction, so that you dont pay attention long enough to realize there is 0 substance to it.

I hate Michael Bay.

His antithesis is David Fincher. both are ex-music video directors who use lots of special effects and big name actors, but somehow Fincher's movies have depth and interesting characters.

Yes, i liked Alien 3 :p

Prelude95Si
12-11-2006, 01:46 PM
I don't care for Bay much myself, but Speilburg is producing it, so theres a possiblity of it being decient.

But like I've said several times, people are going to go watch this movie to finally see Prime and Megatron duke it out in live action.

But it won't be as great b/c Megatron looks nothing like he did in the cartoon.

Prelude95Si
12-15-2006, 05:25 PM
I just heard from a buddy of mine that this Thursday Dec.21 there is going to be a limited sneak peak at the new Transformers trailer that is supposed to be shown with "Night at the Museum." This trailer will be on-line all day that day and then it will be pulled till after its being shown in theaters.

This is only a rumor and I think it is going to be on the offical web site.

Plus for anyone who wants to see final pictures of some of the transformers including Prime there are offical movie wallpapers at:

http://www.tformers.com/transformers_movie.php

First offical still picture from the movie:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808716430/photo/970420325

Prelude95Si
12-20-2006, 06:42 AM
New Trailer is up!

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/transformers/

It doesn't feel like the Transformers I grew-up with, the robots look like real robots not the robots in the show. What I mean is they remind me of the Zords in the Power Rangers movie and the inscet monsters in that movie. I think the only part of the trailer that felt like Transformers to me was the brief shoot of Prime transforming. I realize that Bay feels some need to moderize the film but seriously who is going to be the target audience, the people who grew-up with the G1 transformers. Plus a few kids who watch the new Anime crap thats on TV. But its supposed to be a G1 movie but I'm not feeling G1, or Transformers of any kind. :(

Vodstok
12-20-2006, 08:49 AM
I have an intense Geek need to see this....

Prelude95Si
12-23-2006, 07:24 AM
The writers made a good point in one of the on-line Q&A's on the offical web site. The question was in regard to Bumble Bee being a Camero instead of a Beetle. The writers responded with basiclly its not the suit that makes the man but the man himself (not a direct quote). So just because the look of a character is different doesn't mean that the character himself is different. The writers said that they had the original media in their heads when writing this movie. So with that said, I guess that its alright that they changed the look of the decepticons b/c if the character himself is there that I guess thats all that really matters.

http://www.transformersmovie.com/main.html

alkytrio666
12-23-2006, 09:02 AM
I saw the trailer last night.

I thought it sounded stupid when I first heard about it.

It looks just about as stupid as I thought it would.

I just don't get it...

Ooooh, a rediculously giant motorcycle is destroying buildings!

Roderick Usher
12-23-2006, 11:30 AM
I saw the trailer last night.

I thought it sounded stupid when I first heard about it.

It looks just about as stupid as I thought it would.

I just don't get it...

Ooooh, a rediculously giant motorcycle is destroying buildings!

I'm with you, Alky. Seems like a complete disconnect with anything organic. Hate the premise, hated the cartoon and am intensly confused by the fans of this one.

Prelude95Si
12-23-2006, 03:02 PM
I'm with you, Alky. Seems like a complete disconnect with anything organic. Hate the premise, hated the cartoon and am intensly confused by the fans of this one.

Its a indivual interest. Its like TMNT, I don't see the appeal of mutant tutrules but I don't critize those that like it.

Personally I enjoy Transformers for a few reasons:
1) Sci-Fi, I'm a Sci-Fi fan by trade.
2) Grew-up with the TV show, and had lots of toys. I mean the toy alone was great, you got to play with a car and an action figure in one toy.
3) I like cars, I enjoy watching cars do crazy things, I think its good action.
4) The concept is preety orginal, robots that can change into vechiles and hide in normal everyday environment.

But again its a personal interest and I think that this movie is going to great visually b/c as I've said numerous times, people really just want to see Prime vs. Megartron in live action on the big screen. Simple.

alkytrio666
12-24-2006, 02:21 PM
We're not trying to put you down, trust me. I like some things myself that others find weird.

I think what Rod and I are saying is that it just doesn't make sense to us.
To us (and I use that term because I think Rod and I are on the same wavelength on this, but I may stand corrected) there are so many other things much more menacing than an enormous race car that can turn into a helicopter.

I just don't get what the movie is trying to be. It's got horror tone, dramatic settings, and the source is a model truck on steroids.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
12-24-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm nerdy, but I don't think I'm nerdy enough to "get" the transformers.

Prelude95Si
12-25-2006, 04:01 AM
We're not trying to put you down, trust me. I like some things myself that others find weird.

I think what Rod and I are saying is that it just doesn't make sense to us.
To us (and I use that term because I think Rod and I are on the same wavelength on this, but I may stand corrected) there are so many other things much more menacing than an enormous race car that can turn into a helicopter.

I just don't get what the movie is trying to be. It's got horror tone, dramatic settings, and the source is a model truck on steroids.

I didn't think you guys were putting me down or any other fan, I was just trying to explain why I like the Transformers formula and hopefully thereby explaining why others like it as well.

Vodstok
12-26-2006, 05:36 AM
The premise was always a vehicle for toys, so it has to be looked at with a grain of salt (this isnt high-minded Arthur C Clark sci-fi, this is bullshit sci-fi slapped together to sell toys 20 years ago).

A big pert of the interest was that in the cartoon, and much more in the marvel ccomic series, the robots had complex personalities and entertaining interactions. they werent just vehicles that turned into robots, there were decently developed characters, all with unique personalities, and they at least attempted to inject some real personality rather than just making them all 2 dimensional stereotypes.

the original animated movie had a great deal of more dramtic parts, and wasnt just a bunch of robots killing each other (but there was actual killing, it was pg rather than G likemost movie spinoffs of afternoon cartoon series)

Plus, the more futuristic episodes, after the movie became much more philosophical and they focused on individual characters much more than just hammeringout as many new characters as possible to fill the toy line.

That being said, it is just a big-budget "Adult" movie to make money off of the nostalgia of 30-somethings. Based on that and the current popularity of the CGI series, i bet it will do decent enough to make at least a small profit.

My theoryu about WHY it is being made: Video games and comics are gold for summer blockbusters, even though 98% of all of them suck, but all the fanboys rush out evbery time for opening weekend HOPING that they are going to get what many of us thought Silent Hill was, a pretty good and fairly faithful big screen version of a familiar story.

The film company is no doubt bankling on nostalgia for this one. And, we can thank M Night Shymalan's earlier movies for taking fantasy and grounding it into something more "real". (Unbreakable, Sixth Sense.... Signs sure tried....)

I'm honestly waiting for the live action GI Joe, based on the old 80s cartoons... Probably with Cobra Commander in his helmet costume.

Prelude95Si
12-26-2006, 06:46 PM
The premise was always a vehicle for toys, so it has to be looked at with a grain of salt (this isnt high-minded Arthur C Clark sci-fi, this is bullshit sci-fi slapped together to sell toys 20 years ago).

A big pert of the interest was that in the cartoon, and much more in the marvel ccomic series, the robots had complex personalities and entertaining interactions. they werent just vehicles that turned into robots, there were decently developed characters, all with unique personalities, and they at least attempted to inject some real personality rather than just making them all 2 dimensional stereotypes.

the original animated movie had a great deal of more dramtic parts, and wasnt just a bunch of robots killing each other (but there was actual killing, it was pg rather than G likemost movie spinoffs of afternoon cartoon series)

Plus, the more futuristic episodes, after the movie became much more philosophical and they focused on individual characters much more than just hammeringout as many new characters as possible to fill the toy line.

That being said, it is just a big-budget "Adult" movie to make money off of the nostalgia of 30-somethings. Based on that and the current popularity of the CGI series, i bet it will do decent enough to make at least a small profit.

My theoryu about WHY it is being made: Video games and comics are gold for summer blockbusters, even though 98% of all of them suck, but all the fanboys rush out evbery time for opening weekend HOPING that they are going to get what many of us thought Silent Hill was, a pretty good and fairly faithful big screen version of a familiar story.

The film company is no doubt bankling on nostalgia for this one. And, we can thank M Night Shymalan's earlier movies for taking fantasy and grounding it into something more "real". (Unbreakable, Sixth Sense.... Signs sure tried....)

I'm honestly waiting for the live action GI Joe, based on the old 80s cartoons... Probably with Cobra Commander in his helmet costume.

Agreed.
I'm not a big GI Joe fan though.

Prelude95Si
02-21-2007, 09:00 AM
Transformers and GM Form Power Partnership
Source: Paramount Pictures February 21, 2007

Four new movie stars – "Bumblebee™," "Autobot Jazz®," "Autobot Ratchet®" and "Ironhide®" (see new photos below) – from DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures', in association with Hasbro's, forthcoming July 4th action-adventure release, Transformers, were introduced this evening by General Motors Corp. as it hosted its sixth annual "ten" pre-Oscar fashion event at Paramount Pictures in Hollywood.

"Bumblebee" changes from the classic Chevrolet Camaro, and is a central character in the saga of aliens who take mechanical forms when on Earth. "Autobot Jazz" converts from a Pontiac Solstice in a hardtop format. A Hummer H2, modified as a rescue vehicle, changes into "Autobot Ratchet" and "Ironhide" changes from a GMC TopKick medium-duty truck.

Buzz about the roles that these vehicles play in the movie has been spreading since a quick glimpse of the new Camaro was spotted in Paramount's newest Transformers trailer, which began appearing in theaters on Dec. 20, 2006. This clip, which is currently the most-viewed movie trailer on Yahoo!, also contains images of the Solstice, H2 and TopKick for fans who were quick enough to have freeze-framed it.

"'Transformers' is a compelling project and offers us a global platform for marketing GM products and building our brands," said Mike Jackson, GM North America vice president, marketing and advertising. "It represents the perfect intersection of entertainment, marketing and design."

"The first time I saw the new Camaro, while touring the GM Design Center, I knew immediately that it would be the perfect 'Bumblebee,'" said Michael Bay, the film's director. He continued, "It's got beautiful lines and a classic, timeless look. There were no other cars that came even close. I have had a great working relationship with GM for many years and am psyched to be working with them on 'Transformers.'"

Gerry Rich, President of Worldwide Marketing at Paramount Pictures, added, "We are thrilled to be working with GM on this incredible and action-packed film. Having integrated the cars as characters in the film is truly an innovative concept that will help eventize this exciting 4th of July tentpole film."

GM will roll out a fully integrated marketing and promotional effort around the film in the near future, including a major Chevrolet promotion, according to Jackson.

crabapple
02-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Heck, I'll see it. It looks like fun crap to watch.

DP McCoy
02-21-2007, 03:40 PM
I was a fan of the transformers comic books as a kid,so i will see this but i am not optimistic.

the_real_linda
02-22-2007, 03:30 PM
me and vince watched the 1986 movie the other day....wow i nearly forgot how mush i love transformers.....and ill see it obviously.....i hate michael "runied tcm" bay...but the writers are producers from xena and alias....but they might be awesome producers and terible writers....plus im getting vibes off trailers that its about the humans and not about the transformers....which is wrong........just wrong

Prelude95Si
02-22-2007, 05:31 PM
me and vince watched the 1986 movie the other day....wow i nearly forgot how mush i love transformers.....and ill see it obviously.....i hate michael "runied tcm" bay...but the writers are producers from xena and alias....but they might be awesome producers and terible writers....plus im getting vibes off trailers that its about the humans and not about the transformers....which is wrong........just wrong

Well this is my opinion, I've watched some of the blogs on the offical web site I think its the writers on there and they sound like they are true fans who know the series, they even made a good point about how most of the transformers don't look like they did in the cartoon but the personalities and relationships with each other are there.
Second, I wouldn't be too surpirsed if there is a lot of focus on the humans, that is mostly b/c its all about money and a movie that completely ignors any major human interaction will not be well recieved by the general audience. Granted the only people that matter are the fans like us, but like I said its about the money and especially with as big of a budget as this movie probably has it will need to do what it can to make money.
So try not to judge this movie too harshly, I did at first but then I realized that I should be happy b/c this is a big fan-boy wet dream come true. And really when it comes down to it, all we really want to see is Prime vs. Megatron right?

Prelude95Si
03-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Just read issue #1 of the Prequal comic book to the movie and it has my attetnion so far.

Spoiler

Based on the story in the comic, the movie is not going to follow the original G1 cartoon completely, Megatron is looking for something called the Allspark. And it sounds like this thing gets sent to Earth and the transforerms go after it. Also the more I looked at the designes of the tranformers, the more accepting I became of their new forms. I got to thinking that had the transformers looked exactly as they did in the cartoon it would have looked too cartoonish I think. The box-like designes of the original transformers worked alright in the 80's cartoon but with the direction technology is today I think that in order to make the robots look beleiveable they would need an updated look. Besides, if I want to see their original designes I'll watch the cartoon.

Prelude95Si
03-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Hugo Weaving to Voice Megatron in Bay's Transformers

There's a new email available on the SectorSeven.org website which can be accessed with the password NBETWO. The message alludes to actor Hugo Weaving (Lord of the Rings, The Matrix) being cast as the voice of the evil Decepticon leader Megatron in this summer's upcoming Transformers movie from Michael Bay, Paramount and Dreamworks.

DP McCoy
03-27-2007, 05:58 AM
A couple of posters for the movie.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/dazpier/OPT2.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/dazpier/MEG2.jpg

Pretty cool looking images at least.

Prelude95Si
03-27-2007, 08:30 AM
A couple of posters for the movie.

Pretty cool looking images at least.

I'm actually kinda liking the new look for the transformers. I think that an updated look for a like action movie taking place today is appropriate. I mean the original boxy look of the original transformers worked back in the 80's, but today, for the general public to take this movie seriously, they had to change it a little bit.
Originally I was all aposed to the idea of the transformers not looking like they did in the old TV show, but now I like the change b/c really all that matters is that the charcters are there. As long as Megatron gives Starscream a bunch of crap, and Bumblebee is the buddy guy with the humans, and Prime says "Autobots, transform and roll out!" I'll be happy.

Prelude95Si
03-28-2007, 09:45 PM
Tuesday, March 27th, 2007 2:00PM CDT

IGN has confirmed Keith David's casting, which was first rumored yesterday. David will be playing the sinister Decepticon known as Barricade who transforms into a Saleen Ford Mustang police cruiser. David's other credits include Crash, Platoon, The Chronicles of Riddick, Armageddon (which Michael Bay directed) and the father of Mary in "There's Something About Mary". He is also an accomplished voice actor, having worked on such cartoons as Gargoyles, Spawn, Justice League, Teen Titans as well as the Halo videogames. Stay tuned for more information as Transformers Movie mania continues to gain momentum!

Prelude95Si
03-31-2007, 02:32 PM
2 NEW TV SPOTS! THEY LOOK GREAT!

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/568/568421/vids_1.html

Prelude95Si
04-04-2007, 09:38 PM
New Transformers pics, really good shot of Prime!

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/transformers.html

Prelude95Si
04-25-2007, 08:50 AM
Starscream speaks!

http://www.sectorseven.org/classified/anomalie3-402mig.mp3

Prelude95Si
04-29-2007, 12:08 PM
The Official Transformers Toys & Game Sites
Source: Hasbro, Activision April 27, 2007

Hasbro and Activision both sent out new press releases about the toys and game for director Michael Bay's Transformers, opening July 4. First up, here is Hasbro:

Hasbro Unveils Transformers Toys That Are 'More Than Meets The Eye' For This Summer's Much Anticipated Blockbuster Movie

Toys created for the DreamWorks and Paramount live action Transformers feature film that invades theatres nationwide on July 4, 2007

Pawtucket, RI (April 27, 2007) - The wait is over! On Friday morning, April 27, 2007, Transformers fans will finally be able to check out the first wave of movie-based toys and action figures associated with this summer's much-anticipated live-action blockbuster based on the legendary "Robots in Disguise". Fans visiting Transformers.com will have a chance to preview the movie versions of such favorite characters as Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Scorponok and Brawl.

Beyond seeing the debut of the first-wave of the movie-based action figures, the site will feature daily updates with new product unveils (including licensed items and retailer exclusives), links to the film's promotional partners such as PepsiCo, and — in the near future — games, screensavers and wallpapers.

The toys and all Transformers movie-based products will go on sale nationwide on Saturday, June 2, 2007.

Then one month later, the colossal battle between the Autobots and the Decepticons will invade our world when these aliens make Earth their final battleground in the first-ever live-action Transformers movie which hits theaters nationwide on July 4, 2007. Produced by DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures, in association with Hasbro, the film is poised to catapult the legendary characters and storyline -- which have captivated kids since they debuted more than 20 years ago -- even higher into the stratosphere of pop culture.

The movie, directed by Michael Bay (Armageddon, The Rock, Bad Boys I and II) and executive produced by Stephen Spielberg, follows the epic feud between the Autobots (led by Optimus Prime) and the Decepticons (led by Megatron) as they bring their battle to Earth. In their efforts to help the humans, the Autobots meet up with an unsuspecting teen (Shia LaBeouf, who is currently starring in Disturbia,, and has also starred in Holes and Evens Stevens) who finds himself in the middle of an intergalactic war being fought on our planet. The movie also stars Josh Duhamel (Las Vegas), Tyrese Gibson (Annapolis, 2 Fast 2 Furious), Megan Fox (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen), John Turturro and Jon Voight.

Next up is Activision:

The Battle For The AllSpark Ignites Online With The Launch Of Transformers: The Game Website

Santa Monica, CA – April 27, 2007 – It's time to choose your side! The fight for earth is being waged online with the launch of The Battle for the AllSpark web game on the official Transformers: The Game site from Activision, Inc., under license from HPG, the licensing division of Hasbro, Inc. Starting tonight fans can log on to Transformersgame.com to get the latest news and information on the highly anticipated game, as well as sign up as an Autobots or Decepticons character and join forces with a global team vying for prizes, exclusive access to game information and control over Earth.

"The Transformers: The Game website gives fans a unique and interactive way to experience the Transformers universe," said Will Kassoy, senior vice president of global brand management, Activision, Inc. "Fans will become part of a global community where they can join forces with other players, chat live with Transformers fans, as well as watch and engage in battles to capture power of the AllSpark."

The Battle for the AllSpark is a worldwide online multiplayer experience that allows fans to play on the Autobots or Decepticons team to face off in real time challenges that pit one side against the other in a struggle to take over the world. Players contend in one-on-one skirmishes that continually earn points for themselves and their team. Each week, individuals with the highest scores will be rewarded with a variety of prizes, while the side with the largest score takes control of the AllSpark and is granted exclusive access to special sections of the site.

Based on Transformers, the upcoming live-action feature film due out on July 4th from DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures, in association with Hasbro, Transformers: The Game lets players choose to protect the Earth as Autobots or destroy it as Decepticons. Playing as Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, Barricade and other characters, gamers will experience the unstoppable power and massive scale of their favorite Robots in Disguise as they battle for Earth.

Transformers: The Game is in development by Traveller's Tales for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment systems from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Wii™, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and PC, and is rated "T" (Teen - Violence) by the ESRB. A PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system version is being developed by Savage Entertainment and is currently rated RP (Rating Pending) by the ESRB. Two unique games for Nintendo DS™, Transformers: Autobots and Transformers: Decepticons, are being developed by Vicarious Visions, and are rated "E 10+" (Everyone 10 and older - Violence) by the ESRB.

Prelude95Si
05-03-2007, 08:20 AM
Transformers the game trailer

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/805/805122/vids_1.html

Prelude95Si
05-08-2007, 07:57 AM
New clip

http://youtube.com/watch?v=01Uky6nQJVQ

Prelude95Si
05-11-2007, 09:49 AM
New Pics:

http://www.michaelbay.com/blog/files/d58812e5a390e8b3a44162285e4ae054-74.html

trx1
05-13-2007, 10:47 AM
would like to know what MEGY turns into tho.

Prelude95Si
05-13-2007, 07:01 PM
would like to know what MEGY turns into tho.

Alien fighter jet. Personally I think that he should have been the tank but they gave that to some made-up guy, Bonecrusher I think.

Prelude95Si
05-17-2007, 07:15 AM
There will be a new trailer coming online at 1:10 pm ET Thursday May 17.

GrindHouse Party 2
05-17-2007, 05:05 PM
The trailer's on Yahoo! Movies and the Transformers website.

And here's a link to the new TV spot they showed last night during American Idol.
http://www.iklipz.com/MovieDetail.aspx?MovieID=edeac207-0240-4cde-a746-8e81e78378d4

Rob Bottin
05-18-2007, 01:59 AM
One film I refuse too see. Why? Michael Bay:rolleyes:

Prelude95Si
05-18-2007, 11:08 PM
New trailer:

http://movies.yahoo.com/summer-movies/Transformers/1808716430/trailers/31

http://www.universalpictures.nl/bioscoop/data/trans/trailerf.html

How can anyone not want to see this movie just for the simple fact that its Transformers, who cares if its Bay!?! In the international trailer theres a quick clip with the original transformation sound from the TV show!

Prelude95Si
05-31-2007, 01:48 PM
MTV Movie Awards to Feature Transformers
Source: MTV May 31, 2007

MTV sent us the following alert about Transformers at the MTV Movie Awards:

For the movie buffs at home, the MTV Movie Awards Pre-Show will include exclusive footage with the stars of Transformers, the summer's most anticipated action flick.

Tune in at 7:30pm/6:30c to see Megan Fox of Transformers "transform" from grunge to glamour as MTV News cameras document her entire "getting ready process."

Shia LaBeouf, Josh Duhamel and Tyrese of Transformers will join MTV News' Tim Kash to show off the actual cars and reveal an EXCLUSIVE never-before-seen clip from the movie.

Hosted by Sarah Silverman the 2007 MTV Movie Awards will air LIVE on June 3rd at 8:00pm/7c from the Gibson Amphitheater in Universal City, CA.

Prelude95Si
06-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Bay answers fan's questions about the movie.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808716430/video/2939413/

Prelude95Si
06-08-2007, 06:28 AM
Dinobots and Constructicons to Appear in Transformers 2
By: César A. Berardini - "Cesar"
Jun. 6th, 2007 2:01 pm

Over the last few days, die-hard Transformers fans discovered evidence of a possible cameo for Dinobots and Constructicons in the upcoming film.

For those who were born after the 80's, the Dinobots are a special group within the Autobots faction that are made up of five robots, who each transform into likenesses of well-known dinosaurs. They were fan favorites because of their brute force and power. Conversely, the Constructicons became very popular because of their ability to merge into a larger Decepticon: Devastator.

Well, we are happy to report to old and new Transformers fans that Dinobots and Constructicons may have small cameos in the upcoming movie and the film's producer has confirmed he has already conceived a way to present both groups in a sequel.

If you go to the Sector 7 web site, found at www.sectorseven.org, and enter the code "codeblack," you'll get to see the following sequence (click on the red hard drive, choose the N.B.E. 08 file):

The short sequence shows Dinobots leader Grimlock in his T-Rex form, crushing everything on his path. The excavator on the left could be Scavenger, from the Constructicons.

As if that wasn't enough, UGO's Back Row Chatter caught Tom DeSanto, who confirmed the two groups' appearance in a potential sequel:

“It is really gratifying that as an old school Transformers fan and after almost six years of work the movie is just over a month away from live action big screen immortality. Like X-Men and Battlestar Galactica this is a project I have wanted to see made since I was a kid. As a huge Grimlock lover myself there was just no room in the first movie for the Dinobots, we had to focus on the original Transformers with Optimus Prime and Megatron. But if the box office allows us to make a sequel, the door is open to a lot of the Transformers universe. I have a very cool idea on how to intro the Dinobots and Constructicons. How cool would that movie be?”

Prelude95Si
06-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Transformers theme by Mute Math
http://www.myspace.com/mutemath

Its preety.....gay!

What they should have done is get a rock band like Sevendust or Distrubed, or even some 80's band like Van Halen or something Rock, true Rock and do a theme like they had for the '86 cartoon movie. Not this techno crap. I mean Goo Goo Dolls is doing the main song for the movie and Linkin Park has a song on the soundtrack.

Roderick Usher
06-08-2007, 05:56 PM
You've made 7 of the last 10 posts on this subject. Are you getting the feeling that no one cares yet?

Prelude95Si
06-09-2007, 08:52 AM
You've made 7 of the last 10 posts on this subject. Are you getting the feeling that no one cares yet?

Why do you care, its a free thread I can do what I want. No one has a gun to your head and is forcing you to come to this site and read this thread! So if you or anyone else doesn't care then just ignor this thread all together and shut up.

This site is for discussing movies, not bashing other people for how many posts they put on a thread. I would think that most people have better things to do than criticize others for extremly trivial things such as counting how many posts one has made on a particular thread.

Prelude95Si
07-05-2007, 02:42 PM
This movie was amazing! Everyone should go see it! It was way better than what I was expecting.

can't get enough gore
07-10-2007, 05:02 PM
can someone say beastwars??