PDA

View Full Version : Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Beginning

Spoorloos
03-25-2006, 10:24 AM
Prequel..I usually think prequels are a good way to ruin an original, but this sounds pretty interesting http://imdb.com/title/tt0420294/
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006)

Posher778
03-25-2006, 10:36 AM
booooooo. The original should have been the end in the 1st place.

The_Return
03-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Spoorloos
Prequel..I usually think prequels are a good way to ruin an original, but this sounds pretty interesting http://imdb.com/title/tt0420294/
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006)

Considering the "original" i question isnt actuall the original, I dont think you have to worry.

For the record, I think this looks better than the remake. Thats not saying much though...

crazy raplh
03-26-2006, 10:37 PM
I thought the remake ws pretty good in theatre. I am looking foreward to this

Abominus
03-27-2006, 07:38 AM
I really enjoyed the remake so Im looking forward to this one as well.

tachii
03-27-2006, 02:39 PM
not really sure how i felt about the remake
i'm still in love with the original
especally the weird furniture and chandalers

the new one seemed more about the kill rather than lifestyle
i feel it plays a major part in character development as far as getting a feel for who these people are, but that's just me

is that jessica girl planning on becomming the next scream queen or something?

isn't there also a sequel in the works for the origins of hannibal's cannibalism?

urgeok
03-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by tachii

isn't there also a sequel in the works for the origins of hannibal's cannibalism?

yeah .. lets milk every drop of shit out of that one ..

they should have quit after manhunter.

Posher778
03-27-2006, 03:00 PM
For some reason, I just don't see how even the original TCM was that big of a deal... Just your typical, idiot kids movie where they keep going into that damn house when they should've taken a hint. And the fat trucker jumping into the story for no reason at the end didn't help it very much. I did enjoy the star female's portrayal of terror near the end.

The_Return
03-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by urgeok

I can understad not liking Hannibal and Red Dragon, but you didnt like Silence of the Lambs? I agree that Manhunter was a great film, but personally I think Silence was better. The acting wasnt as good, but I found the story more interesting and overall creepier. The night-vision scene near the end was very tense, one of my favourite horror scenes ever.

tachii
03-27-2006, 03:40 PM
yeah .. lets milk every drop of shit out of that one ..

red dragon was basically a remake of manhunter

silence showed up after the success of man
people just can't leave well enough alone

urgeok
03-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
I can understad not liking Hannibal and Red Dragon, but you didnt like Silence of the Lambs? I agree that Manhunter was a great film, but personally I think Silence was better. The acting wasnt as good, but I found the story more interesting and overall creepier. The night-vision scene near the end was very tense, one of my favourite horror scenes ever.

i'm not a big fan of Silence .. it was ok ... a little to slick for me though .. I really liked Manhunter.

the worst thing silence did was to (well - the fans did) open the sluicegate for the films that followed. Rush jobs cashing in on the popularity of Hopkins as Lector.

To his credit his role/performance wasn't any more bloated than the character in Harris's books .. but i didnt like Hannibal as a book either.

i'm sure the'll want Hopkins to play Hannibal as a 10 year old in the next travesty ---- i mean film. Makeup is going to be under a lot of pressure.

kung-fu-jesus
03-28-2006, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by tachii
red dragon was basically a remake of manhunter

it was.

as for me i didnt like silence, hannible, or red dragon much myself.

as for a prequel to TCM i wouldnt mind i R.lee is in it, just not jessica beals.

urgeok
03-28-2006, 10:08 AM
well, red dragon and manhunter were both adapted from Harris's Red Dragon .. which was the 1st published 'hannibal' novel.

Manhunter just happened to come first.
they probably changed the name so people wouldnt go
expecting a sword and sworcery flick ...

just like what caused the downfall of Friedkin's Sorceror.

newb
03-28-2006, 10:13 AM

just like what caused the downfall of Friedkin's Sorceror.

Good point. I never could figure out why that was called "Sorceror", haven't watched it in many years.Pretty good if i remember correctly.

urgeok
03-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by newb
Good point. I never could figure out why that was called "Sorceror", haven't watched it in many years.Pretty good if i remember correctly.

amazing movie ..

a remake of a french film called Wages of Fear which the critics prefered.

it was called Sorceror because that was the name of the truck Roy Scheider was driving ...
I'll fated name descision

newb
03-28-2006, 11:18 AM
amazing movie ..

it was called Sorceror because that was the name of the truck Roy Scheider was driving ...
I'll fated name descision

I most likely would have remembered that but like i said its been many,many years....[.i guessing about 25] since i've seen it.

urgeok
03-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by newb
I most likely would have remembered that but like i said its been many,many years....[.i guessing about 25] since i've seen it.

i saw it in its theatrical release ... blew my nuts off - i loved it.

i have it on LD if you want a rip ...

tachii
03-28-2006, 06:28 PM
still prefer silence
perhaps it is because i was 8 when i saw it in theater
but up until that point it was the most out there thing i'd seen on film and the downward trend of mind decay continued on from there :D

every little girl's gotta have their turning point i suppose ;)

bloodrayne
04-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Hey...I hadn't even heard of this one till just now...Shouldn't it be out soon?

Nyarlathotep
04-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by bloodrayne

hopefully not

Posher778
04-22-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Nyarlathotep
hopefully not

Alas, we agree on something.

Giorgia
04-24-2006, 06:07 AM
I thought that the remake of the chainsaw massacre was terrible. sriously. It was gross and it wasnt even scary. it was just gross. A movie like Silence of the Lambs shouldn't even be comparable to the chainsaw massacre. there was charachter in the killer...someone actually thought about it...the Chainsaw Massacre was simply about a fat guy running around killing people with a chainsaw....you know?

Buffy_101
04-29-2006, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne

Sometime this October

vmr128
04-29-2006, 06:10 AM
even though this sounds awsome, the texas chainsaw masacre was based on the events of a man named ed gein. Ed gein was the man who skinned women and put there clothes on and pretended to be one. so the begging of this movie should start with leather face as a kid becoming mental from somthing his parents or other people said, just to make more sense.

Posher778
04-29-2006, 06:35 AM
Ehhh... Like... just about everyone has heard that... at least here.

Sick_As_Fuck
04-30-2006, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by vmr128
even though this sounds awsome, the texas chainsaw masacre was based on the events of a man named ed gein. Ed gein was the man who skinned women and put there clothes on and pretended to be one. so the begging of this movie should start with leather face as a kid becoming mental from somthing his parents or other people said, just to make more sense.

:o

vmr128
05-02-2006, 06:12 AM
anybody going to say anything

Buffy_101
05-02-2006, 02:22 PM
anybody going to say anything

Well everybody all ready knows about Ed Gein, so what you said was nothing new. Plus the movie was loosely based on him, and the sequals after didn't fit any "true story", so why should the prequal?.

So pretty much what you posted was useless.

alkytrio666
05-02-2006, 03:43 PM

What you said was very contradicting.

I don't think Gein killed his parents as a kid. So, actually, your idea wouldn't make sense (if we're trying to string more to the Ed Gein story).

slasherman
06-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/tcm_thebeginning/large.html)

Geddy
06-10-2006, 10:13 AM
I saw the trailer last night it looks wicked hopefully they'll do a better job then they did in the remake.

MrShape
06-10-2006, 02:17 PM
I've seen the trailer and it doesn't look bad. I was surprised at the first remake, since I was way better then I was expecting.

Then again, after Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The New Generation, i think my expectations were mercyfully low. :(

Sick_As_Fuck
06-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Is this a prequel to the remake or the OG? And did y'all see the trailer before "The Omen" or on the internet?

The_Return
06-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Slasherman, your link sucks. Why the hell can you only watch the trailer after 10 pm? That's just dumb.

Here's a better site for it (http://mftm.blogspot.com/2006/06/texas-chainsaw-massacre-beginning-2006.html)

The trailer doesnt look too bad...like I said before, it looks better than the remake, but still not great.

The Flayed One
06-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by alkytrio666
What you said was very contradicting.

I don't think Gein killed his parents as a kid. So, actually, your idea wouldn't make sense (if we're trying to string more to the Ed Gein story).

Gein didn't kill his parents as a kid. Gein only ever killed 2 people (yeah yeah, I know there's a bunch of quack theories that he murdered as many as 30, go sit in the corner and talk to your tinfoil hat.) Technically, by definition, Gein isn't even a Serial Killer. His penchant for digging up dead bodies and skinning them just set him in the average mind so much that he became grouped with them.

joshaube
06-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
Slasherman, your link sucks. Why the hell can you only watch the trailer after 10 pm? That's just dumb.

Here's a better site for it (http://mftm.blogspot.com/2006/06/texas-chainsaw-massacre-beginning-2006.html)

The trailer doesnt look too bad...like I said before, it looks better than the remake, but still not great.

It's a marketting ploy, and the company releasing the movie wanted it that way. It's just like having The Omen released on 6/6/06, really. Because often, after 10PM, you're sitting in your room, in the dark, alone. It makes it more unnerving, even if you aren't scared by things. Watching it in the dark has a greater effect.

Sukie
06-25-2006, 04:27 PM
TCM / House of 1000 Corpses. Isn't this the same movie????? Rob Zombie, pffsssttt! Creative my ass!

slasherman
06-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by joshaube
It's a marketting ploy, and the company releasing the movie wanted it that way. It's just like having The Omen released on 6/6/06, really. Because often, after 10PM, you're sitting in your room, in the dark, alone. It makes it more unnerving, even if you aren't scared by things. Watching it in the dark has a greater effect.
..ha ha bad marketing if its true....

ZombieChick13
06-27-2006, 05:14 AM
I want to see this movie so bad. I loved the remake (mostly because I thought the original sucked ass...sorry), and this one looks way better. It comes out October 6 if anyone was wondering.

Freak
06-27-2006, 11:28 PM
I loved the remake and I can't wait to see this.I'll be there opening night.

1beastieibe
06-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Im pretty excited...I liked the remake

crazy raplh
06-30-2006, 12:54 PM
never seen man hunter.

spawn69
07-14-2006, 12:36 PM
i loved the remake of the massacre but like exorcist the beginning i dont think itll turn out to good, we hardly know anything about leatherface as it is

makemebad
07-14-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Sukie
TCM / House of 1000 Corpses. Isn't this the same movie????? Rob Zombie, pffsssttt! Creative my ass!

wrong!!

spawn69
07-15-2006, 09:28 AM
if you say im wrong than prove it its true, excorcist the beginning i think had no point it was just a way to make money and they shouldnt try it with the texas chainsaw massacre they should just leave it alone

makemebad
07-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by spawn69
if you say im wrong than prove it its true, excorcist the beginning i think had no point it was just a way to make money and they shouldnt try it with the texas chainsaw massacre they should just leave it alone

no no that was directed to the guy who clamied house of 1000 corpses is the exact same as TCM

spawn69
07-15-2006, 03:15 PM
o then and in my opinion house of 1000 corpses was better it was more sick and twisted

roshiq
07-20-2006, 01:48 AM
:cool: ....waiting for the Beginning !!

Sick_As_Fuck
07-21-2006, 10:34 PM
I just watched the trailer for the first time and it looked good. I loved the remake so I have no doubts I'll love this one as well.

jq14
08-04-2006, 08:34 AM
The post that said something about getting to know the lifestyle of these people is a great comment. I think that the new is portraying that. To me it looks like a combination between the directors take on the original ('77) and the big money, better fx, and scare tactics of the remake. I know that will cause some controversy because many fans were "dissapointed" in the remake. The remake had a good "edge" to it if you ask me. Anyway, the new one looks interesting. The trailer is awesome. But of course trailers make every film look good.