PDA

View Full Version : 30 Days Of Night: The Movie

phantomstranger
03-24-2006, 05:19 PM
David Slade on 30 Days of Night
Source: Edward Douglas
March 24, 2006

Most of America has yet to see British director David Slade's first feature film, the psychological thriller Hard Candy, but it must have impressed producer Sam Raimi of Ghost House Pictures, because he hired the director to turn the Steve Niles-Ben Templesmith horror comic series 30 Days of Night into a feature film.

ComingSoon.net spoke to Slade about his vision for the film, which starts shooting in the summer in Alaska and New Zealand. "Brian Nelson's writing the script, so that means we have a very original take on the genre," he said. "Indeed, I don't believe there's much of the genre left in what we've written, but it's very faithful both to Steve Niles' writing, and the town and the esthetic--we hope at this point, because we're not shooting until the summer--will be very close to Ben Templesmith's artwork. But we're going to maintain the level of realism."

Although 30 Days of Night is probably some time off, you can see Slade's masterful visuals in Hard Candy, which opens in select cities on April 7.

spawn69
08-03-2006, 11:32 AM
comes out in october of 2007, the plot is: A pack of vampires descend upon Barrow, Alaska just as the sun is about to set for 30 days. Two cops, a husband and wife team, rise up to protect their town and its citizens. Reply with info

DieMonsterDie
08-03-2006, 03:17 PM
I believe Josh Hartnet is the leading male. And the girl from the remake of the Amityville Horror is the leading woman. I've been waiting a long time for this movie. It's one of the greatest vampire ideas there is...although not Steve Niles best work. I'm still waiting for a film version of the Lurkers or Freaks of the Heartland.

Angra
08-04-2006, 05:53 AM
I´ve actually read the comic that this movie is based on. Really enjoyed it. Lots of extreme violence and an entertaining, yet simple, story.

Looking forward to this one.:cool:

BloodRedFlower
08-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Josh Hartnet is reason enough to check it out :o

Angra
08-04-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by BloodRedFlower

You´re a girl, aren´t you?

BloodRedFlower
08-04-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Angra
You´re a girl, aren´t you?

That's right.

Angra
08-04-2006, 09:14 AM
Mmmhm..

azathoth777
08-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Angra
I´ve actually read the comic that this movie is based on. Really enjoyed it. Lots of extreme violence and an entertaining, yet simple, story.

Looking forward to this one.:cool:

The comic series is great. I'm really looking forward to this movie. Hope they don't screw it up like usual.

Angra
08-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by azathoth777
The comic series is great. I'm really looking forward to this movie. Hope they don't screw it up like usual.

LOL

:p

heebiejeebies
08-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by BloodRedFlower

Some might say this is a reason NOT to see the movie.;)

BloodRedFlower
08-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by heebiejeebies
Some might say this is a reason NOT to see the movie.;)

Agreed hehehe, but that's not my case!