PDA

View Full Version : Strange...

The_Return
03-21-2006, 05:58 PM
...how easily a life can be ended. I just found out that a guy my age, that goes to my school just killed himself. I didnt know him, but Ive been thinking how many people this has affected. I'd never even heared the guy's name before, but now I'm somewhat upset after hearing what happened. Strange how we're all connected, eh? No you folks on the other side of the world know about this poor kid, and in some way or another it has affected you. Strange world....strange world.

Posher778
03-21-2006, 06:01 PM
true, very scary thought.

3 teens were shot and killed in a house 2 miles from me 2 days ago, many of you may have heard, they all went to my school. The killers were students too...

stubbornforgey
03-21-2006, 07:50 PM
strange world indeed.
Em trying to find the link ..
12 year old girl kills herself over txt bullying a day before school was to start , her in nz

Despare
03-21-2006, 08:26 PM
I remember this one kid who I had worked with for a little bit, knew his girlfriend's sister well, both his brother and him played football with my fiance's one one brother while the kid's dad coached her little brother's basketball team. Kid mixed roids with too many drugs and commited suicide one night. It was incredible how many people he knew and like you said, how many lives one person can effect.

ItsAlive75
03-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Return, the same thing happened when I was in high school. I guy I met ONCE my freshman year died two years later. And yeah, it was really weird. It's like when you realize that we have a deeper connection to people than we think.

cheebacheeba
03-22-2006, 02:52 AM
I know...life can just totally creep up on you sometimes...stuff you'd just never even expect, and then it hits you...Like just the other day, I was walking past a building in my hometown, and I saw a guy, pissing.
Pissing on the stairs!
What a crazy world it can be...

hammerfan
03-22-2006, 03:53 AM
I agree, it is a very strange world indeed. Yesterday in Philadelphia a 13-year-old shot a delivery man. The man survived and there was no reason given for the shooting. There has been 71 shootings in Philadelphia so far this year. Sometimes I feel like I'm back in the wild west.

Abominus
03-22-2006, 09:51 AM
When a life is ended unexpectedly it affects everyone, not just those who knew the person. It should make you reflect on your own life and the lives of those around you.

I have lost alot recently (the last three years) and it made me re-evaluate my relationships and look at how I may have been treating others.

We need to look out for one another not keep looking for ways to screw other people.

This may have not made any sense, I just lost my job and I'm having a bit of a rough day.

:)

MisterSadistro
03-22-2006, 10:14 AM
Nothing makes me sadder than knowing a star burned out before it ever got to really shine :(
CK

stubbornforgey
03-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Heres link to what i was talking about..txt bullying that lead to a 12 yr old committing
suicide.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=1&ObjectID=10373081

cheebacheeba
03-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Kids...parents...who to blame?

Just this morning, I went to the bathroom, and my cat was in the laundry basket...he cat that doesn't like me very much. I blew my nose really loud, and that made him hiss at me.

ItsAlive75
03-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by stubbornforgey
Heres link to what i was talking about..txt bullying that lead to a 12 yr old committing
suicide.

Wow... killing yourself over TEXT MESSAGES...

That's pretty pussy.

cheebacheeba
03-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Why, what would you kill YOURself over then? Skittles?

One would assume there were other issues at hand...they probably found the text messages to be the only evidence of a linking factor.

ItsAlive75
03-22-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
Why, what would you kill YOURself over then? Skittles?

Yeah, Skittles.

Y'know, in ancient Rome, killing yourself was a sign of preserving whatever honor you had left.

...of course, they were all child-fucking homosexuals too.... so that aint sayin' much.

The STE
03-22-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Yeah, Skittles.

Y'know, in ancient Rome, killing yourself was a sign of preserving whatever honor you had left.

...of course, they were all child-fucking homosexuals too.... so that aint sayin' much.

yeah, I don't approve of homosexuality one bit.

The_Return
03-22-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by stubbornforgey
suicide.

Thats really awful...12 years old, God.

Well I just got back from school. For those in other time zones, I posted this thread a little before midnight on Tuesday. So today was the first day of school after what happened. Let me explain a little first: My school is HUGE on school spirit. From time to time the student council comes up with CRAZY theme days that make no sence, and today was Corduroy day. The point being, of course, to dress in as much Corduroy as possible. On a normal day, people would have been decked out in Cords from head to toe, right? Today, I was the only one that really went. I felt really bad, wearing my bright green Corduroy shirt and my brown Corduriy pants, walking through the halls looking like a dumbass while people were sitting against lockers crying. It was a very surreal feeling throughout the school, nothing seemed...right. Even though I didnt know the guy, there were pictires of him around and I recognized him. My school isnt very big; you'd at least recognize everyone. He always had a smile on his face, he was always surroned by friends, laughing and joking around. I remember one time on the way home on the bus, him and his friends were having a pudding fight. By the time I got off the bus, everyne was covered in chocolate pudding; it was hilarious. I feel so sorry for his familly and friends....:(

ItsAlive75
03-22-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by The STE
yeah, I don't approve of homosexuality one bit.

Way to twist words...

Fucking another guy and fucking a little boy are different.

The STE
03-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Way to twist words...

yeah, I know. That I approve of. But two grown men fucking is just gross...blech

Zero
03-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Way to twist words...

Good point IA - I get so sick of people making it out like homosexuals are the exact same as pedophiles - pedophiles are sick people - homosexuality is about consenting adults

Posher778
03-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Death affects everyone because it makes us afraid for our own lives IMO, at least me. I really, don't want to die, and i'm not afraid to admit it. People are always like, when its my time, it's time, but.... Dying is still very scary, no matter how fast or slow, painless or not.

And, I don't approve of homosexuality, but i don't have anything against homosexuals, as long as they don't pull the gay rights trash. I know some gay guys, and they're not annoying or anything. But no gay rights for you!

Marroe
03-22-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
Thats really awful...12 years old, God.

Well I just got back from school. For those in other time zones, I posted this thread a little before midnight on Tuesday. So today was the first day of school after what happened. Let me explain a little first: My school is HUGE on school spirit. From time to time the student council comes up with CRAZY theme days that make no sence, and today was Corduroy day. The point being, of course, to dress in as much Corduroy as possible. On a normal day, people would have been decked out in Cords from head to toe, right? Today, I was the only one that really went. I felt really bad, wearing my bright green Corduroy shirt and my brown Corduriy pants, walking through the halls looking like a dumbass while people were sitting against lockers crying. It was a very surreal feeling throughout the school, nothing seemed...right. Even though I didnt know the guy, there were pictires of him around and I recognized him. My school isnt very big; you'd at least recognize everyone. He always had a smile on his face, he was always surroned by friends, laughing and joking around. I remember one time on the way home on the bus, him and his friends were having a pudding fight. By the time I got off the bus, everyne was covered in chocolate pudding; it was hilarious. I feel so sorry for his familly and friends....:( What is it with this week? I'm sorry, I'm feeling about the same way right now. Though I didn't directly lose anyone to suicide, someone very close to me who I care about more than I even know did...and it's really fucking me up in the head. He found out Sunday...she was only 23, and she hung herself.
I didn't personally know her, but I knew of her for a while. I just feel horrible about the way he's feeling. I mean, I wanna help so much, but I feel like I'm just bugging him when I try to talk to him about it. And considering the circumstances of our relationship, and the one he had with her, he's just uncomfortable telling me how he's feeling. I don't like that because I wanna be an ear for him, but I guess all I can do is be there for him, and hope he's back to himself soon. It's just breaking my heart with him like this.
Anyways, suicide is indeed a crazy, strange thing. It confuses people who are close to the one who commited it, and even effects people they never even met. I'll never understand how people can make the decision to end their own life, and part of the lives of the one's who care about them.

monalisa
03-22-2006, 07:37 PM
Years ago a friend of mine committed suicide. He and his girlfriend were fighting and he hit her. Then he went into the laundry room and hung himself, she was the one to find him. And I just thought, man, they could have just talked it out, even if they broke up it would have been better than that! That's something she'll never get over.
I also had a friend that attempted suicide but thankfully didn't succeed.
And to be perfectly honest, I've thought of it myself. Sometimes it seems like the thing to do, but it's not. Once you do it, you're gone, there is no turning back if you succeed. I wouldn't want to hurt the people that I love as much as it would. And I like to think I'm here for a reason, still searching for that one, but hopefully I figure it out one day. Plus, I gotta stick around to bug the shit out of the people that I don't like (j/k sort of). Whatever works.

cheebacheeba
03-22-2006, 08:56 PM
...and just TODAY, I got an avocado sandwich...they put lemon juice on it, but no salt or pepper...can you believe that?!?
Strange...

monalisa
03-22-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
...and just TODAY, I got an avocado sandwich...they put lemon juice on it, but no salt or pepper...can you believe that?!?
Strange...

OK, I lied. Avocados are what keeps me going, and garlic.

cheebacheeba
03-22-2006, 09:08 PM
I have a must-have list too
Avocados, pastry, fresh ground pepper, chilli, cheese, garlic, ginger, chicken, chocolate, nutmeg.
Yep, gotta have those things...like regular intervals. Come to think of it, they'd probably work together too.

Also...I'm not commenting on the suicide thing other than to say, again, I think that it's a selfish act that spoils every good memory you have of that person upon it's attempt or success.

lionels_mother
03-23-2006, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Posher778

And, I don't approve of homosexuality, but i don't have anything against homosexuals, as long as they don't pull the gay rights trash. I know some gay guys, and they're not annoying or anything. But no gay rights for you!

I used to think how it was amazing how the UK has been the first to recognise homosexual relationships as meaningful as straight relationships.

I don't understand this thinking. Why would you deny us homosexuals our basic rights?

lionels_mother
03-23-2006, 05:05 AM
\m/

Haunted
03-23-2006, 05:33 AM
Sometimes I think that we, as humans, don't realize how fragile we are emotionally, especially younger people. Kids go to school and get picked on so badly that they can't take it. They either go back to school armed to the teeth or they take their own lives. Kids live in a very abusive (sexually, physically, or emotionally, perhaps all of the above). They either grow up and perpetuate the cycle of abuse, or they take their own lives. (I do realize that some kids are rescued from these terrible plights, but the number who don't is quite staggering).

I'm sure many folks here have felt the hot spit of disrespect and cruelty by the mouths and hands of our peers, parents, and sadly, so called friends. It hurts like hell, but you've got to remember one thing: Do not let people take your power. I learned that lesson the hard way a few years ago.

Allow me to quote Ani Difranco. These two different songs indicate different things. In the song Superhero, she lets someone take her power. Conversely, Outta Me on to You, she's taken her power back

"If I was naked and screaming on your front lawn, would you turn on the light and turn on the light and come down? Screaming, There's the asshole who did this to me. Stripped me of my power. Stripped me down." -Superhero... loss of power

This is my favorite, though, because it describes me at this point in my life (the queen of swords)

"Some people wear their heart on their sleeve. I wear mine underneath my right pant leg, strapped on my boot." -Outta Me, On to You. describes power (It also reminds me of Bloodrayne
;) )

The_Return
03-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Haunted
Sometimes I think that we, as humans, don't realize how fragile we are emotionally, especially younger people. Kids go to school and get picked on so badly that they can't take it. They either go back to school armed to the teeth or they take their own lives. Kids live in a very abusive (sexually, physically, or emotionally, perhaps all of the above). They either grow up and perpetuate the cycle of abuse, or they take their own lives. (I do realize that some kids are rescued from these terrible plights, but the number who don't is quite staggering).

Thats one of the things that I find so bizare. He wasnt the kind of guy that got picked on, he was actually pretty popular. Surrounded by friends...hell, he was even talking about getting wasted before the dance tomorrow night. It's bafflng how he must have been thinking...

Haunted
03-23-2006, 11:37 AM
You know what, Return, I knew a guy in hs that was the same way. He was also the sweetest guy in the world. I grew up with him, though he was a year older than me. These kinds of suicides are the real clinchers. You don't see it coming at all.

I've heard from counselors that suicidal people tend to be happiest towards the end, because they feel a sense of relief that it will soon be over. Is that not depressing? Scary? It's not true in 100% of the cases, but it does happen that way.

It's hard to come to terms with, I know. Eventually you sorta, well, you never really find a sense of peace, but you come to a place where you hope that person has found the peace they sought by coming to terms with themselves post mortem. (If you believe in that sort of thing). Maybe it's just something that you have to realize happens and move on with your life.

I hope that you never have to have some one near you do this sort of thing again, and I certainly hope that no one close to you, or any of you, ever does this.

The_Return
03-23-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Haunted
I hope that you never have to have some one near you do this sort of thing again, and I certainly hope that no one close to you, or any of you, ever does this.

Therin lies the other thing that's bothering me....I didnt even know the guy. Sure, Id recognize him in the hall, but I didnt know him by name, and I never talked to him or anything. Yet the fact that someone could take their own life so easily, and affect so many people in doing so. I dont know why that bothers me, but I cant deny that it does. The effect that it's had on my school...walking through the halls. Nobody's laughing and joking anymore. It's depressing, for lack of better word. How this one disturbed individual has affected an entire school...the teachers, the students, the atmosphere. Everything has changed. The funeral is tomorrow...Im not going, but most of the school will be. I dont know what it'll be like at school....instead of missing one biy, most of the school will be gone because of him.

Sorry about the long post...probably doesnt make a whole lot of sence. Thanks for letting me talk about this here...

Haunted
03-23-2006, 02:53 PM
I actually think you're making sense; it's hard to make good sense out of a situation that makes no sense what so ever. You can't really rationalize it for a couple of reasons. The first reason is that nobody can ever really rationalize why someone would take their own life and leave behind a horde of friends and family with the guilt wondering what they could have done, what went wrong. The other reason is that you didn't know the person very well. You didn't know what was going on in his life.

It's okay to be confused and disturbed by this. It's very disturbing and very confusing. Trying to come to terms with it is very difficult even though you didn't know the guy. Eventually, though, I think you'll find a way to deal with these feelings. You'll find a light in the dark that will not only help you to deal with this experience, but will give you invaluable insight into yourself and others.

Stay strong, Return. Take your time with this. It will take some time, and you'll probably always remember this time, and it will sting.

Maybe you should go to the funeral even if you didn't know this person. He was a classmate. He was a peer. It might also help you find, not peace, but a small sense of closure. Plus, you can be there for other people that you do know that might need you.

If it helps you to sort of talk about this and make some sense of your feelings, keep this thread alive with your thoughts. People here might be able to shed some light. I know that I will try as a person who not only delt with a suicide, but almost did it herself, once upon a time (Believe me when I say that I KNOW BETTER now).