PDA

View Full Version : Im in pre production

AmericanManiac
03-21-2006, 05:12 PM
Alright so I finally decided i'm going to attempt and shoot my first film. I was wondering if anyone could help if they had newspaper clippings of a body found somewhere in their town, or any murders? If you do could you please let me know it would be a big help if I can get a lot of these clippings, THANKS !

alkytrio666
03-22-2006, 10:06 AM
Good luck with your movie.

Keep us updated.

Can't help you with your newspaper, though, sorry.

MisterSadistro
03-22-2006, 10:11 AM
I only have a few clippings about weird deaths, suicides, crematoriums that left bodies in lake, Ted Bundy execution, etc. Nothing that quite fits your criteria I'm afraid. You might be better off printing some up yourself.
CK

AmericanManiac
03-22-2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks for replying guys, after I posted it I relized who the hell is going to have clippings like that unless they themselves are a killer. :p I will keep updated, I think its a great fuckin idea, a horror movie has never been done the way I plan on doing it if it goes right. Won't be that long though i'm going to go for about a hour maybe hour and half pushing it. When I read my script I always want to change shit around.

Yellow Jacket
03-22-2006, 12:17 PM
SPAMMER!!! :p

Good luck with the movie AM. Can't wait to see it!

The_Return
03-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by AmericanManiac
Thanks for replying guys, after I posted it I relized who the hell is going to have clippings like that unless they themselves are a killer. :p I will keep updated, I think its a great fuckin idea, a horror movie has never been done the way I plan on doing it if it goes right. Won't be that long though i'm going to go for about a hour maybe hour and half pushing it. When I read my script I always want to change shit around.

Tip from a film-fan, never filmmaker:

Dont add pointless scenes just to make it long enough...God, if I had a dime for every movie that was ruined like that I could fund your movie myself...

EDIT- Stupid typo if anyone saw it;)

AmericanManiac
03-22-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
Tip from a film-fan, never filmmaker:

Dont add pointless scenes just to make it long enough...God, if I had a dime for every movie that was ruined like that I could fund your movie myself...

EDIT- Stupid typo if anyone saw it;)
Funding isn't going to be a problem, I will probley do it for all under $100 that is if my friends can act like they are being murdered lol. If not i'm in some shit, I probley won't start the shoot until may or june though, I have to build the props I need. Altough I will post a picture up in a week of the killer :D That is if the stupid cloths get here before then.

Edit : Also does anyone know a good scary looking knife that would hurt really fucking bad? I need one for one of the scenes. Thanks.

Angelakillsluts
03-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Good luck! Keep us posted.

p.s I haven't forgot about the picture, it's just that I got a new computer and still need to get all my programs installed on it. :o

Evisē
03-22-2006, 05:56 PM
uhm...ever heard of a library? You can find dozens of old newspaper clippings and shit.

If one person hasn't been murdered in your town within the past 1500 years, then I need to move there.

AmericanManiac
03-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Evisē
uhm...ever heard of a library? You can find dozens of old newspaper clippings and shit.

If one person hasn't been murdered in your town within the past 1500 years, then I need to move there.
Actually some years ago I was younger I dont remember we were the Unsolved Murder Capitol of USA.
And thanks AKS, i thought you were bein mean and ignoring me :D

Thomasgeorge
03-23-2006, 12:02 PM
sorry no clippings and what's your movie called

AmericanManiac
03-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Thomasgeorge
sorry no clippings and what's your movie called
American Maniac :D It's about a serial killer, but not like any of them done before (to my knowledge anyways), I'm going to be the killer myself, I'm waiting for the cloths I got on ebay for the costume and I will post pics in about a week or so. I'll post them in this thread so I don't piss people off by making new ones. I think I have found a sweet fuckin weapon to use in one scene, tell me what you think, here it is :
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/lgprod/DBA-795.jpg

ItsAlive75
03-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by AmericanManiac
I think I have found a sweet fuckin weapon to use in one scene, tell me what you think, here it is :
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/lgprod/DBA-795.jpg

Yeah, wolverine kicks ass.

Evisē
03-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Yeah, wolverine kicks ass.

Exactly my thoughts.

There's already an X-3 coming out buddy. Sorry.

AmericanManiac
03-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Evisē
Exactly my thoughts.

There's already an X-3 coming out buddy. Sorry.
I'm already starting to hate the new ones :D

Thomasgeorge
03-26-2006, 12:44 AM
well when it comes out hopefully will be first in line