PDA

View Full Version : Campbell on "Evil Dead" remake

phantomstranger
03-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Campbell on the Evil Dead Remake
Source: Penny Blood Magazine
March 21, 2006

Penny Blood Magazine talked to Bruce Campbell about the upcoming remake of The Evil Dead he will be working on with Sam Raimi ("Spider-Man" franchise). Here's a clip:

"We don't really talk about [another] sequel too much 'cause Sam is too busy right now. It would all be kinda moot. But I think we're gonna do a remake. It'll be a whole new story, though. It won't be with Ash. It'll be the evil book, and it'll affect a whole new group of people in a different situation. More like a reinvention. A lot of people, they got really crabby on the Internet when they first heard that type of stuff. But, we would never do anything to insult them. The trick is to take that premise - and we think it's a scary premise - and use some cool modern day FX… so we won't have green garden hoses in the shots. We wanna make a flat out, scary-ass, un-rated horror film."

You can read the full interview with Bruce in the magazine's fifth issue.

The_Return
03-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Well I guess that is reasuring...not much mind you, but so long as it puts an end to the Ashon Kutcher rumors, Im happy. I dont care if he's i the movie, just so long as he's not Ash...

Sick_As_Fuck
03-21-2006, 08:44 PM
I was really surprised with Kutcher's work in "The Butterfly Affect". And Campbell's no Denzel Washington.

mothermold
03-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
I dont care if he's i the movie, just so long as he's not Ash...

I agree wholeheartedly.This at least tells me Sam has'nt completely forgotten about "the fans".

last bad move
03-22-2006, 02:32 PM
i dont know it smells fishy to me

sabersword
03-22-2006, 04:36 PM
It makes no dif to me. Ash need not be involved with the remake, just as long as it is MADE. New fx, new cast same horror! If it were up to me, I would also like to see a boatload of Alien movies made.Ripply need not be involved eather.The critter is strong enough to stand on its own. And by the way, does Sam have to direct?

kung-fu-jesus
03-24-2006, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by phantomstranger
It'll be a whole new story, though. It won't be with Ash. It'll be the evil book, and it'll affect a whole new group of people in a different situation.

it wont be ash, as for the ashton rumors i dont care, if he dose good he dose good, and if he sucks he sucks.

Sick_As_Fuck
03-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by sabersword
It makes no dif to me. Ash need not be involved with the remake, just as long as it is MADE. New fx, new cast same horror! If it were up to me, I would also like to see a boatload of Alien movies made.Ripply need not be involved eather.The critter is strong enough to stand on its own. And by the way, does Sam have to direct?

So you'd actually like a complete remake, and directed/produced by a new team no less?

kung-fu-jesus
03-29-2006, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Sick_As_Fuck
So you'd actually like a complete remake, and directed/produced by a new team no less?

its not a complete remake, its kinda like a "new chapter". there are books where you decide how the book ends by reading different chapters, its kinda like that.

actualy its been done with film before, atleast 4 times that i know of

friday the 13th 8: jason takes manhattan
friday the 13th 9: jason goes to hell
jason x
freddy vs. jason( only if you go along with the jason story line, the movie would have taken place after probibly one of the first 6 friday film.

but as for 8,9, and x. they never went along with the firday storyline.

but i'll still see it, remake or "new chapter"