PDA

View Full Version : Pulse?

Abominus
03-12-2006, 06:29 PM
I just saw a trailer for the pulse remake this evening with a release date of March 3rd. Anybody know what's going on with this movie?

noctuary
03-13-2006, 04:53 AM
From everything I've heard, it's still in production. I'm not too keen on this one, to be honest. I have a feeling that they're going to totally miss out on all the subtlety and deeper meaning of Kurosawa's masterpiece and make it into another Grudge. Another Grudge isn't necessarily a bad thing, but Kairo is so much more, and should remain that way.

urgeok
03-13-2006, 07:23 AM
i recently saw an ad for this .. i was under the impression that it'll be out soon.

Abominus
03-13-2006, 12:27 PM
I have discovered that though it was slated for a March 3rd release (even the trailer still says so) but the date has been pushed back to July 13th so I'll have to settle on the original for now.

Nyarlathotep
03-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Abominus
I just saw a trailer for the pulse remake this evening with a release date of March 3rd. Anybody know what's going on with this movie?

trailer looks meh

voorhees92
03-13-2006, 05:14 PM
never heard of it

The STE
03-13-2006, 08:43 PM
cool, it comes out right before my birthday

Angelakillsluts
03-17-2006, 08:18 AM
I wish they'd release the originals in theaters (big nationwide releases)

urgeok
03-17-2006, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Angelakillsluts
I wish they'd release the originals in theaters (big nationwide releases)

i have my copy !!!

i just need the perfect night to watch it .. i dont want to be tired or distracted.

it wont be the theatre but at least i have an 8' wide screen, a projector and surround ... next best thing.

Abominus
03-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Holy crap, can I come over and play.

ItsAlive75
03-17-2006, 06:45 PM
I really enjoyed the original, I'll be willing to give this one a shot. Hell, I'm willing to give every and any remake a shot... I just never have extreme expectations.

Sick_As_Fuck
03-19-2006, 02:10 PM
Although both "Veronica Mars" and Christrina Millian are hot, they're far away from being great actresses. The only part of the trailer that actually intrerested me was the end when the plane crashed into the buildings. Unless I read great reviews regarding this I'll just wait for it to hit Netflix.

darth rosenberg
03-27-2006, 09:50 AM
Wide release 7/14. I was surprised that Wes Craven wrote the screenply. Can't wait to see it.:D

urgeok
03-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by darth rosenberg
Wide release 7/14. I was surprised that Wes Craven wrote the screenply.

jesus that could be the kiss of death right there ..

like anything with : 'wes craven presents' in the title.

too bad though - to hear him speak he seems pretty intelligent ..
how do they lose touch so badly ? they stop caring ... never liked horror to begin with ?

Nyarlathotep
03-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by urgeok

how do they lose touch so badly ? they stop caring ... never liked horror to begin with ?

a case of being labelled as a "horror director" and unable to break out into other genres?

could well cause some resentment

urgeok
03-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Nyarlathotep
a case of being labelled as a "horror director" and unable to break out into other genres?

could well cause some resentment

i think in that case it's perfectly true ...
but then .. just dont make the bad films ..

its like my dad ... he gets asked to dry the dishes - so he breaks a few so he wont get asked again ..

worked for my dad but not craven .. he keeps on breaking the fucking dishes and we keep paying to watch him do it !

persuasian70
04-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by urgeok

I enjoyed his last two movies, Cursed and Red Eye. I just saw the trailer today on the DVD for Wolf Creek, and I thought it looked good.