PDA

View Full Version : My Space

Preacher
03-09-2006, 07:39 AM
Hi dudes,

Quick quezzy for y'all....

Any of you got one of these My Space accounts?? Just been told to set one up by my mate. So i've done it but now i feel like a bit of a billy cos i ay got any names on my mates list.

Also, whats the point of it????

Px

The Flayed One
03-09-2006, 07:43 AM
I hate Myspace, but I know many people who swear by it. Personally, I think it's become an attention whoring contest. Perhaps the largest one in the world.

Preacher
03-09-2006, 07:49 AM
Well i'm sure when I discover the point of it then i'll be able to pass judgement.

newb
03-09-2006, 08:07 AM
I joined it more on a goof. I rarely post anything on it.
It does seem to be some kind of popularity contest for some.But it has its merits i suppose.

bloodrayne
03-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by newb
It does seem to be some kind of popularity contest for some.But it has its merits i suppose. Yeah...That part is lame as hell...

I've stated my reasons for being there a bunch of times...So, I'm just gonna copy/paste this:

I had no reason to join (and considered it to be pretty stupid)...BUT...Sergio let me know that ALL of the people we know that go to our clubs is on MySpace...And, it is a LOT easier to contact everyone through MySpace, all at once, than trying to CALL everyone on the phone to try to find out who's going where, who's riding with whom, who's having a birthday party, what time everyone's going, who's going where after the club and what time, etcetera, etcetera....Sooo, that's why I'M at Myspace...

I currently have 69 people on my 'friend's list' (which sounds SOOO lame)...And ALL of them are either from the club, from local bands that have members I personally know, OR people from here at HDC

And honestly, I haven't really been keeping up with it very well in the last year, because I haven't been going to the clubs....The last thing I sent was a message in response to one of Sergio's messages wherein he asked if we could help him with his latest film because one of his actors didn't show up and he had like 3 hours or something to shoot it.....He also sent me an invitation to go to the pre-release party this Sunday, So, I called him and told him I can't go cuz I gotta baby:)...But, Seri is gonna be there...

See how much easier it was for him to just send the invitations to all of us at one time, rather than have to call everyone?...It's just a matter of convenience and fast communication for some of us...

OH...But...I think some people are there just to hook up or make new friends to hang out with or something...

Dante'sInferno
03-09-2006, 08:47 AM
I need more friends on there.

The Flayed One
03-09-2006, 08:54 AM
I guess the only thing I've found it useful for is it makes it easier for people I haven't been in contact with for a while to find me. I never use the blogs and I can't stand the horror groups there (not the posting, the way the forums are set up.) I also get spams from people looking to get as many possible friends on it as possible. Their emails are worth a laugh sometimes: eg. "Hey there! I was checking out your pics, and I think your hot! (note: I have no actual pics of myself, mostly horror movie kill scenes) Would you like to chat?"

Then again, there seem to be millions who enjoy it, so to each their own.

bloodrayne
03-09-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by The Flayed One
I never use the blogs and I can't stand the horror groups there (not the posting, the way the forums are set up.) They have horror groups there?...I really didn't know that...And...I use my blogs to post my poems...

stubbornforgey
03-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Dante'sInferno
I need more friends on there.
Em your friend...em all you need :D

The Flayed One
03-09-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
They have horror groups there?...I really didn't know that...And...I use my blogs to post my poems...

Yes, but I really don't like the way they're set up. Plus, once you join one, you get about 3 pms a week trying to get you to join another.

I like the way HDC is set up. Simple & made for discussion.

AmericanManiac
03-09-2006, 10:51 AM
I have it I only have 8 friends !

stubbornforgey
03-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by AmericanManiac
I have it I only have 8 friends !

thats cos some of your freinds like me are dumbasses and kept fucking up her account so can't get in.
Kept changing my p/word..then forgot it completely..

AmericanManiac
03-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by stubbornforgey
thats cos some of your freinds like me are dumbasses and kept fucking up her account so can't get in.
Kept changing my p/word..then forgot it completely..
lol I hate that shit, I always forget passwords well not lately. psst write em down and hide em somewhere.

stubbornforgey
03-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by AmericanManiac
lol I hate that shit, I always forget passwords well not lately. psst write em down and hide em somewhere.

lol...well..it seems cos i kept trying all different p/words..i was accused of trying to hack stubborns acc.

LilMissScareAll
03-09-2006, 12:42 PM
I joined back when they first started the site(I think)...I've been on there for quite awhile anyway. And I still go on there because it gives me something to do. And I've met a few interesting people there, one in particular that I'm REALLY glad I met and would have never met if I hadn't joined the site and added him as a friend.

alkytrio666
03-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Fuck MySpace.

I think it's the dumbest thing in the world.

The_Return
03-09-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by alkytrio666
Fuck MySpace.

I think it's the dumbest thing in the world.

Agreed!

Haven for pedophiles and preppy girls.

stubbornforgey
03-09-2006, 05:34 PM
FARKIN 'ELL!!

The 23 yr old new zealander who started this website..trademe..becomes a very rich boy in April..
He just sold it for 7.3 million to an australian newspaper company.

dewaholic
03-09-2006, 07:55 PM
I'm on it. Don't really know why though. Cuz my friends on there, I can always e mail or offline. I am kind of addicted to blogging though. So that's what I do there. That & well delete any morons that add me to their friends lists.

Amalthea
03-10-2006, 12:22 AM
I'm on My Space too! :D
Anyway, what is better than My Space?

feral cat
03-24-2006, 09:56 PM
... not a fan but 60 odd million people use it ...

... feel free to add to "friends" ... http://www.myspace.com/ispitonyourmovie

... Amalthea if you want something to use as a homepage tagworld.com (http://tagworld.com) is better, but if your into collecting "Freinds" then Myspace is the best thing for that.

Haunted
03-25-2006, 06:38 AM
I with the rest of you. I don't know why I have an account. I write in my blog to get things off my chest, although I could just use Microsoft Word. Anyway, I don't go there very often.

My music is pretty cool, though. It's Nina Simone singing, "I Put a Spell on You."

Marroe
03-25-2006, 08:43 AM
I've had an account for over a year now, and haven't made one blog...maybe I should look into that. I'm hardly ever on there though, the only reason I've been this week is so I can torture myself I guess.

Elvis_Christ
03-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Marroe
the only reason I've been this week is so I can torture myself I guess.

You should really stop that. Seriously.

Posher778
03-25-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Haunted
I with the rest of you. I don't know why I have an account. I write in my blog to get things off my chest, although I could just use Microsoft Word. Anyway, I don't go there very often.

My music is pretty cool, though. It's Nina Simone singing, "I Put a Spell on You."

Ahhh from Hocus Pocus! Best family horrorish movie EVER!

The black river! oh NO!

tachii
03-25-2006, 07:51 PM
i have a space account
prefer lj

just never really got into space
anybody wanna add me to their list?
maybe give me a reason to stick around ;)

Haunted
03-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Posher778
Ahhh from Hocus Pocus! Best family horrorish movie EVER!

The black river! oh NO!

Umm no. That is SO not what that song is umm... well those aren't the lyrics to that song. No. No. That is offensive to Nina Simone. You could have said Marylin Manson and been less offensive.

However, I still think you're great, and I still adore you.:)

tachii- check out queen_of_swords :D We can...do whatever it is that you do on myspace. You can read my whining. Nobody whines like me. I'm a professional.:D

tachii
03-26-2006, 08:54 PM
would that title be tarot related?

Haunted
03-27-2006, 08:22 AM
I surely would. That's my significator. I am the Queen of Swords to a T.

Despare
03-27-2006, 08:28 AM
I've found some cool music on myspace like Lady Sovereign.
I'm not much into new hip hop & rap but this little English girl can flow and she has a style all her own.http://www.myspace.com/ladysovereign

Chainsaw Guy
03-27-2006, 10:07 AM
i have a myspace and use it alot my display name is "Daron jr."

Thomasgeorge
03-27-2006, 10:09 AM
my bro has my space I was gonna make an account but never got around to doing it

tachii
03-27-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Haunted
I surely would. That's my significator. I am the Queen of Swords to a T.

i've been reading off and on for some years
still not as learned as i'd like
any recommended reading

Haunted
03-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Not really, to be honest. The best thing to do is find a deck that you really really like and practice. Practice on yourself (despite what the upity dipshits in many books tell you). Practice on your friends, parents (if they don't mind). Eventually you will come to a point where you know whether the reading turned out well or whether you need to do it again.

I've been reading Tarot for 12 years now. I just practiced. I did it over and over and over etc again and again etc.

If you want you can PM me about this an we can bounce ideas around. You can also tell me what deck you use.

I have a lot of decks, mainly because I collect them. My favorites are the Nigel Jackson Tarot, despite it's Christian overtones, The Tarot of the Old Path because it's totally Pagan, and the artwork is incredible, the Enchancted Tarot, and the oldie but goodie Rider Waite and it's remodeled version, The Universal Waite. The Thoth Deck rocks, but you really have to understand arcane symbolism to get into it, not to mention a basic understanding of Aleister Crowley. The Cosmic Tarot is another lovely deck. It's easy to find, and if you get it, throw away the instruction book... That is, if you know the basic meaning of each card. I do, but it's taken me a long time.

I'll be glad to help you out. :)

tachii
03-27-2006, 02:54 PM
hey i have an instructor i've been seeing off and on
an apprentice to a healer
typical green witch

always ready to learn more
i'd learn from satan herself if she'd have me :D

definately will PM
thx

Haunted
03-27-2006, 02:55 PM
She's so cool. One minute She's raging and sending out bolts of horrendous wrath, and the next minute She's drying your tears.

tachii
03-27-2006, 02:57 PM
and trading shoes

Haunted
03-27-2006, 03:05 PM
You never come between a woman and her shoes.

That's all the Wicked Witch of the West was trying to say. Some bitch come along and steal my shoes, I'mma go after her ass too, especially if they're my platforms, which I'm not supposed to wear because I have tendonitis in my left ankle, but fuck it.

tachii
03-27-2006, 03:26 PM
we shoe swap