PDA

View Full Version : What's the point?

Elvis_Christ
03-08-2006, 04:13 PM
Whats the point of having mods that are only here occasionally.... if that?

Marroe
03-08-2006, 04:17 PM
*sigh*

kpropain
03-08-2006, 04:18 PM
I try to get on here and do stuff when I can, there are times when I've deleted spam shit like I'm fixing to do with that pyramid persons thread, I was just giving him a chance to talk some shit to see if he had the balls, obviously not... but I only have control over the general forum and database..

Yellow Jacket
03-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
Whats the point of having mods that are only here occasionally.... if that?

To get a thread like this posted.

Okay, joking aside, I don't know. This has come up in my mind a lot, but then I remembered bloodrayne is a moderator and she's on almost all the time (like me). Though, I honestly can't give you an answer to this.

stubbornforgey
03-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Hrmm..
em gonna have to dispute that my dear fulla kiwi friend.
Most of the mods are always here..
posting, replying, shit stirring :D ..
They are actually more active than the members...look at rayne for example..
and allmykids ..etc.

As much as i wubs jOo Elvis..
lol..they are here more than you :D

Marroe
03-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by stubbornforgey
Hrmm..
em gonna have to dispute that my dear fulla kiwi friend.
Most of the mods are always here..
posting, replying, shit stirring :D ..
They are actually more active than the members...look at rayne for example..
and allmykids ..etc.

As much as i wubs jOo Elvis..
lol..they are here more than you :D uhm..before tonight I haden't seen AMK around for a while. But yes, Rayne is here a lot, but it isn't fair to her to be the only one.

kpropain
03-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Marroe
uhm..before tonight I haden't seen AMK around for a while. But yes, Rayne is here a lot, but it isn't fair to her to be the only one.

I don't have as much time to be here all he time like I used to, I wish I did...But I am here when I have the time...

Marroe
03-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by kpropain
I don't have as much time to be here all he time like I used to, I wish I did...But I am here when I have the time... :)

But.....you should at least come see me more....cos you GOTTA miss me.:p

kpropain
03-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Marroe
:)

But.....you should at least come see me more....cos you GOTTA miss me.:p

Ahh you know I miss you ;) :D

Posher778
03-08-2006, 04:58 PM
I don't have a problem with mods being gone, because i think the mods we have are pretty good either way. And as long as spammers and queers are banned, i have no problem with it.

stubbornforgey
03-08-2006, 05:51 PM
lol..i get confused on whose the mods and who are regular members..
I used to think zero,fm and ste were mods.

VampiricClown
03-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by stubbornforgey
lol..i get confused on whose the mods and who are regular members..
I used to think zero,fm and ste were mods.

I'll be a mod. :cool:

I used to think Slasherman was our official "Spammer Mod".

Posher778
03-08-2006, 06:03 PM
I'll be the mod of crappy gay jokes and shit lists.

monalisa
03-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by kpropain
I try to get on here and do stuff when I can, there are times when I've deleted spam shit like I'm fixing to do with that pyramid persons thread, I was just giving him a chance to talk some shit to see if he had the balls, obviously not... but I only have control over the general forum and database..

Why does it say you're banned if you're a moderator? Or is that just to confuse peoeple like me? :)

monalisa
03-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by trippin_the_rif
Do you confuse easily?:p

Do I confuse other people easily, or do I, myself get confused easily? Doesn't matter, yes to both. ;)

monalisa
03-08-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by trippin_the_rif
See, now that can be used to advantages.:p

I know that, trust me...:cool: ;) :cool:

Haunted
03-09-2006, 04:37 AM
Well, the mod situation, if there is one, is unlikely to get changed. Horror appoints the mods. Horror is very VERY rarely around. He focusses more of his time on the main site.

This may sound extremely silly, but I'd kinda like to be a mod. I've been here since two weeks after the forum opened. I've been a mod before. As a memeber I can have rough edges, however, in a position of responsibility, I can actually step up to the plate.

Zwoti told me one thing that I would use as my motto: "No matter what's going on," he said, "You must never participate in 'personal modding.'"

I think I could handle that.

However, if were to be, it would be.

Ganton_Mungabo
03-09-2006, 05:29 AM
Whan I was In Togo, living on the plantations all the wives took pictures with cameras. They were for the anuall calander of all the men in the village.
it was a good picture of me in the calander, I was mod number 4 for month of April.. There I was standing in just my underpants holding some freshly picked bannanas from our vilage plantation. My lovely wife said I did the family prowd that day.

bloodrayne
03-09-2006, 05:36 AM
Whats the point of having mods that are only here occasionally.... if that? For REAL :p

newb
03-09-2006, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Ganton_Mungabo
Whan I was In Togo, living on the plantations all the wives took pictures with cameras. They were for the anuall calander of all the men in the village.
it was a good picture of me in the calander, I was mod number 4 for month of April.. There I was standing in just my underpants holding some freshly picked bannanas from our vilage plantation. My lovely wife said I did the family prowd that day.

And proud you should be Ganton_Mungabo.....for if it wasn't for you banana farmers, i wouldn't have anything to put in my cereal.

http://www.johnshalladventuretour.com/images/plantation/bp3.jpg

Zero
03-09-2006, 05:42 AM
well - i generally appreciate the mods - Rayne, KPro and Zwoti have been very consistent overall - and AMK is much appreciated as well.

And, I for one, prefer things now to PBC (Pre- Big Crackdown). Back in the PBC days, there was so much pointless (and witless) obscene viciousness that it kind of ruined any conversation (let's face it "STFU Noob" can only be funny for so long, then its just annoying).

But, if someone banned CaptHowdy (which was a pretty funny bit) that's just a bit hasty and silly. (Especially when lucifer, the Puke-pimping filmmaker has been posting about his stupid film exclusively for months! it makes me want to, uh, well, you know. . . )

bloodrayne
03-09-2006, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Zero
But, if someone banned CaptHowdy (which was a pretty funny bit) that's just a bit hasty and silly. (Especially when lucifer, the Puke-pimping filmmaker has been posting about his stupid film exclusively for months! it makes me want to, uh, well, you know. . . ) Agreed...In all seriousness, I think the main problem with a mod not being here regularly, is that they may come on, read just a couple posts from an unfamiliar SN, and not really know what's going on, then possibly do something too hastilly

I think it's best if the mods confer with one another before they ban someone.....The only person I have ever banned without discussing it with at LEAST one other mod (almost always Zwoti) was Bane...I figured his IP ban earned him 'ban on site' status.....But, now that it's been pretty mellow here...I've actually changed my mind...It might be kinda fun to set you guys loose on 'im ;)

I contacted 'Captain Howdy' (VampiricClown) as soon as he started posting...I knew that he wasn't a real problem...Also, I'm gonna repeat myself here, even though he was irritating...He didn't do anything that we would normally ban someone for...

VampiricClown
03-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by bloodrayne

I contacted 'Captain Howdy' (VampiricClown) as soon as he started posting...I knew that he wasn't a real problem...Also, I'm gonna repeat myself here, even though he was irritating...He didn't do anything that we would normally ban someone for...

And I was about to tell you what I was really doing when you PM'd me under that username, but I figured, what the heck.

I was only really being irritating for two reasons. And the latter came later.

1. To draw attention to myself so someone would bash me (sorry, I was bored and wanted something to do).

2. I thought about making everyone try to figure out who I was. And I needed people's attention for that to happen.

Maybe I'm irritating all the time?:confused:

Wow....I just thought of something.....That's the first thing in awhile that keeps coming up in all of the threads. lol

Elvis_Christ
03-09-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Ganton_Mungabo

How many wives do you have?

monalisa
03-09-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by VampiricClown
And I was about to tell you what I was really doing when you PM'd me under that username, but I figured, what the heck.

I was only really being irritating for two reasons. And the latter came later.

1. To draw attention to myself so someone would bash me (sorry, I was bored and wanted something to do).

2. I thought about making everyone try to figure out who I was. And I needed people's attention for that to happen.

Maybe I'm irritating all the time?:confused:

Wow....I just thought of something.....That's the first thing in awhile that keeps coming up in all of the threads. lol

Well you irritated the hell out of me at first, although it allowed me to post one of my favorite pics. ;) Then I became curious, obsessed even (well not really) but it definately was amusing. Well done VC!

Elvis_Christ
03-09-2006, 06:09 PM
It wasn't amusing it was fucking dumb

monalisa
03-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Oh, go die on a toilet!

The_Return
03-09-2006, 06:20 PM
I have no problem at all with our mods...so long as they're sober:p

dewaholic
03-09-2006, 08:03 PM
I didn't read everything in this thread, nor do I know who the mods are here. ( at another board I go to, I know who they are there) But anyway, mods can't be here 24/7, unless there's like 100 mods or something.

Elvis_Christ
03-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by dewaholic
I didn't read everything in this thread, nor do I know who the mods are here.

Fuck up then :)

newb
03-09-2006, 08:15 PM

lol....you do have a way with words Elvis.

dewaholic
03-09-2006, 08:49 PM

Was that supposed to be an insult or what? Cuz where I come from, to fuck up means to mess up. :confused:

bloodrayne
03-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Was that supposed to be an insult or what? Cuz where I come from, to fuck up means to mess up. :confused: No...Not an insult....He's just responding to where you said you don't know who the mods are....You know, like 'do something you aren't supposed to and you'll find out real quick'...That sorta thing...It was supposed to be funny...And, I thought it was :)

dewaholic
03-09-2006, 08:57 PM
No...Not an insult....He's just responding to where you said you don't know who the mods are....You know, like 'do something you aren't supposed to and you'll find out real quick'...That sorta thing...It was supposed to be funny...And, I thought it was :)

OHHHHH that flew right over my head.

Elvis_Christ
03-09-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by newb
lol....you do have a way with words Elvis.

Verbalising is my forte :)

Was that supposed to be an insult or what? Cuz where I come from, to fuck up means to mess up. :confused:

Fuck up = Shut Up in the context in which I used it.

Fuck up also means to make a mistake but not in that instance.

Elvis_Christ
03-09-2006, 08:59 PM
and yep it was a joke :)

bloodrayne
03-09-2006, 09:01 PM
and yep it was a joke :) Okay...But, I apparently 'got it' in the wrong context.......I think the way that I perceived it was funnier anyway :p :D

Elvis_Christ
03-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Okay...But, I apparently 'got it' in the wrong context.......I think the way that I perceived it was funnier anyway :p :D

Well whatever floats ya boat momma :)

dewaholic
03-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Verbalising is my forte :)

Fuck up = Shut Up in the context in which I used it.

Fuck up also means to make a mistake but not in that instance.

I never heard of fuck up meaning shut up. Learn something new every day I guess. HAHA

Elvis_Christ
03-09-2006, 09:05 PM
I never heard of fuck up meaning shut up. Learn something new every day I guess. HAHA

You'll be able to try it out on your friends.

dewaholic
03-09-2006, 09:08 PM
You'll be able to try it out on your friends.

Yea can't wait to try it out

monalisa
03-10-2006, 12:19 AM
Yea can't wait to try it out

Make sure you say that you picked up the quote from a fat dead guy on a toilet. That sould keep them guessing, or backing away quietly mummurming to themselves. :cool: