PDA

View Full Version : Dana Reeve

hammerfan
03-07-2006, 04:38 AM
"Superman's" wife, Dana Reeve, has died of lung cancer at age 44. I feel very sad for their child, who is now an orphan.

Haunted
03-07-2006, 04:45 AM
That is very sad for the child. Hopefully she is surrounded by a loving and caring extended family.

Despare
03-07-2006, 04:48 AM
I'm surprised she hung on as long as she did after her husband passed away.

Zombee
03-07-2006, 07:06 AM
hopefully she was a better person than her shitty husband..or else she is feeling the burn!

cheebacheeba
03-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Lung Cancer, and a non-smoker too...could've been genetic, could've been environmental, but it stands that the vast majority of lung cancers are preventable as they are caused by smoking or secondary smoke.
To me, this (among other cases) illustrates the importance of public banning of this inconsiderate drug habit shared by many a fool today. Honestly...in this day and age, with the state of information as it is, it's the ultimate stupidity...and the ultimate act of asshole to indulge in this habit in the presence of others whom it can so easily effect.
Don't get me wrong...I've accepted that certain people just want to smoke, and are sadly beyond help in 90% of cases...but, I think that it's unnacceptable that it's allowed in public, not just in restaurants, pubs and clubs (which are currently undergoing HUGE changes to push out smoking...good on 'em), but everywhere, anywhere someone is going to so much as inhale the tiny amount of carcinogens that it takes to potentially cause damage...that's not even to mention the parents who don't even realise that they're child abusers, and don't see/care that their children are at HIGH risk because of their selfish habit...I'm even MORE against that lot.
Ok, so I kinda jacked this thread, but as a non smoking person who was also the child of a smoker, I'm honestly just sick of the whole thing...I hate the smell, the image, the amount of butts littered EVERYWHERE you go, and the way smokers fuck with my life...Like I've said many a time, there's been more than one occasion I've pondered simply spitting in the face of smokers that do so near me, would they question this, I would simply reply "at least you don't have to inhale it"...Fuck it, that's all from me.

Elvis_Christ
03-08-2006, 01:23 AM
.....and smoking dope is ok huh? :rolleyes:

cheebacheeba
03-08-2006, 01:38 AM
Although all but completely insane no-life users of weed generally don't even remotely approach the amount of toxin consumption your regular smoker would...did you miss the point?
It's not so much about the habit, it's about the people around that the habit can effect the health of; Everyone has a right to fuck with their health as they see fit...at no point was this under question. People who smoke weed and don't want to get arrested and/or experience the associated paranoic and lethargic
effects of doing so, will more often than not (and yeah, I know from former experience...there you go, BIG admission), indulge themselves at home, or in a location amongst others doing the same...at least, the considerate ones do...However, even if it were completely legal, and I still touched the stuff, I'd not be, nor have I ever been such a cunt as to go and force others to inhale it. Govts make money on tobacco sales, that there's the ONLY thing that makes the stuff legal, and therefore smokers everywhere have begun to think it's acceptable to be rude, obnoxious fucks that have the right to mess with the health of others, and then play it off like it's no thing, just because they're too fucking stupid to care about their OWN health...drug addicts that won't acknowledge as such on account of technicality.
Sad.
I'm glad changes towards smoking in public places are in effect, at least here, where it counts for me.

Elvis_Christ
03-08-2006, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
...did you miss the point?

Don't I always? :p