PDA

View Full Version : Crash!

GorePhobia
03-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Screw all the haters......

I knew in my heart Crash would beat out Brokeback Mountain for the Best Picture!

I knew It

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO

I'm so pumped up.

Marroe
03-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Crash is a VERY good movie...made me shake. Brokeback Mountain on the other hand is a good movie, but all in all pretty slow and boring at times. I can see why Crash came out ahead.

The STE
03-05-2006, 07:36 PM
fucking A! Good Night and Good Luck was my first pick, but it was really close between it and Crash, so, fucking A!

GorePhobia
03-05-2006, 07:39 PM
ha ha I knew you would be like one of the first ones to comment sam

cause Crash is amazing

and I knew you wanted it to win.

MichaelMyers
03-05-2006, 07:43 PM
That's what he gets for making The Hulk.

The STE
03-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by GorePhobia
ha ha I knew you would be like one of the first ones to comment sam

cause Crash is amazing

and I knew you wanted it to win.

well, I actually (slightly) prefer GN&GL over Crash, but like I said, it was REALLY close between the two, and I'm genuinely happy that it won (rare for an Oscar pick for Best Picture)

The STE
03-05-2006, 07:56 PM
also, Stewart had some killer lines.

"For those of you keeping score; Martin Scorsese: 0 Oscars. 3-6 Mafia: 1 Oscar"

mothermold
03-05-2006, 10:45 PM
I was really surprised(but glad) Crash won,I never thought it would really take top spot.It goes to show that the academy is capable of making a good decision when it wants to.

AUSTIN316426808
03-05-2006, 11:35 PM
I was a little shocked. I was waiting to hear Brokeback Mountain or Good Night, and Good Luck. I was really doubting Crash because as soon as I heard the C sound come from Jack, for that split second I thought Capote won. Glad to see it win.

I was also happy to see...

George Clooney
Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Robert Altman

all pick up oscars.

Zero
03-06-2006, 05:03 AM
well, i picked Brokeback and still think it was a great film. . .my guess is a kind of hype-backlash and there were obviously some big PR efforts on behalf of Crash in the last few months (at least judging from news coming out of LALA-Land. (the truth is, of course, a great deal of it DOES come down to lobbying by studios).

Still, I'd say we should be happy that this year (the first in a long while) ALL the best picture nominations were deserving ( I wouldn't even have been pissed if Capote had won - though I thought it was by far the weakest)

noctuary
03-06-2006, 05:55 AM
Good deal. Crash was a very good film, and I for one think it was deserving of that Oscar. I haven't seen Brokeback Mountain, but I just don't think it's my kind of movie.