PDA

View Full Version : Land Of The Dead II

Soloman Kane
03-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Well it looks like Remero is doing something he's never done before. A part II to Land Of The Dead & I'am excited. I liked the movie which was original in a sea of remakes. Anyone else want to see Riley & company again? http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=17593

doctor satan
03-04-2006, 11:08 AM
As long as we don't have to see that Big daddy asshole again.

The_Return
03-04-2006, 12:27 PM
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Land of the Dead. But was I the only one that wanted Riley to wind up zombie chow? I think this is an awful idea, Land had easily the worst characters of all the Dead movies...why bring 'em back? I say Romero should make Dusk of the Dead or somesuch, as in an unrelated film.

Summed up in a simple eqution:

Dead Series + Direct Sequel = Disaster

Yellow Jacket
03-04-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Land of the Dead. But was I the only one that wanted Riley to wind up zombie chow? I think this is an awful idea, Land had easily the worst characters of all the Dead movies...why bring 'em back? I say Romero should make Dusk of the Dead or somesuch, as in an unrelated film.

Summed up in a simple eqution:

Or City of the Dead, since we're on the land titles now. Though, Dusk of the Dead does sound good.

The_Return
03-04-2006, 01:49 PM
City of the Dead could get confused with Fulci's City of the Living Dead. Not by mainstrem audiences of course, but by true horror fans and film buffs. I think Dusk or Twilight of the dead would be the best titles...

Yellow Jacket
03-04-2006, 01:54 PM
City of the Dead could get confused with Fulci's City of the Living Dead. Not by mainstrem audiences of course, but by true horror fans and film buffs. I think Dusk or Twilight of the dead would be the best titles...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. But, I don't really think Hollywood give's a rat's ass! Though, since horror buffs like me and you would get pissed off, I'd actually choose something like... eh, fuck it! Dusk of the Dead sounds a helluva lot better than District of the Dead!

The_Return
03-04-2006, 01:59 PM
If they do make a direct sequel like all signs point to them doing, Road of the Dead, Voyage of the Dead, or Journey of the Dead would be my picks for a title.

Despare
03-04-2006, 03:06 PM
I liked Land of the Dead but the ending was... meh. I'd like to see Big Daddy again, especially if he follows them somehow and ends up killing them, that'll teach em' for letting him go. I like the zombies evolution, from Bub on up, could be interesting.

Posher778
03-04-2006, 04:02 PM
how about this is a stupid idea? They showed us the land... and the dead... just make another. How about "Brunch of the Dead"

Yellow Jacket
03-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Posher778
how about this is a stupid idea? They showed us the land... and the dead... just make another. How about "Brunch of the Dead"

Brunch of the Dead just got me thinking about this: Brady Bunch of the Dead. They're coming back from the dead to sing you more shitty songs, dance, and hit Marsha in the nose with a football. :p

mothermold
03-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Soloman Kane
Well it looks like Remero is doing something he's never done before. A part II to Land Of The Dead & I'am excited. I liked the movie which was original in a sea of remakes. Anyone else want to see Riley & company again? http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=17593

I'm surprised,direct sequels normally are'nt Romero's bag.This could work...he of all people could pull it off.I hope he still goes through with his "Diamond Dead" film,it sounded promising.

mothermold
03-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket
Brunch of the Dead just got me thinking about this: Brady Bunch of the Dead. They're coming back from the dead to sing you more shitty songs, dance, and hit Marsha in the nose with a football. :p

Romero already had the "Sam the Butcher character" featered in Land so why not.

Yellow Jacket
03-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by mothermold
Romero already had the "Sam the Butcher character" featered in Land so why not.

LMFAO!!! Let's see you be the Brady's Bitch now Alice!

alkytrio666
03-05-2006, 11:18 AM

Wise words from Return.

Why continue the 'Dead' film that was EASILY the shitpile of the series?

urgeok
03-05-2006, 02:53 PM
redemption ..

but probably just for the paycheck.

Posher778
03-05-2006, 05:21 PM
I only enjoyed the part where you first met that really sexy bad ass girl in the club fighting the zombies.

lovecraft
03-05-2006, 07:22 PM
I think twilight of the dead would be a cool name.
I didn't like the end of land of the dead where one character who is in control of dead reckoning says (about the zombies) leave them alone, they are just looking for a place to go...
I don't want to feel for the thing that wants to eat my
brain...:)

Posher778
03-06-2006, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by lovecraft
I didn't like the end of land of the dead where one character who is in control of dead reckoning says (about the zombies) leave them alone, they are just looking for a place to go...

Everyone hates the ending.

urgeok
03-06-2006, 04:15 AM
the ending was the best part !
they all head for Canada !!

makes sense to me - Canada feckin' rulez yo !

alkytrio666
03-06-2006, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by lovecraft

Well, with the way Romero's looking at this point, I was thinking more along the lines of 'Dead at Tea Time' or 'Snowflurry of the Dead'.

:) :) :)

Zero
03-06-2006, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Posher778
Everyone hates the ending.

maybe i'm weird -but i loved the ending.

i took LOTD to be a criticism of America in the post-9/11 world of 'kill 'em before they get us' mentality. . . so the fact that we're made to feel some sympathy for the Dead is a real political blow to the RED-WHITE-and-BLUE waving, gun-toting, pro-Bush America.

Angelakillsluts
03-06-2006, 07:40 AM
I think this is an awful idea, Land had easily the worst characters of all the Dead movies...why bring 'em back? I say Romero should make Dusk of the Dead or somesuch, as in an unrelated film.

100% totally agreed :mad:

lovecraft
03-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Zero
maybe i'm weird -but i loved the ending.

i took LOTD to be a criticism of America in the post-9/11 world of 'kill 'em before they get us' mentality. . . so the fact that we're made to feel some sympathy for the Dead is a real political blow to the RED-WHITE-and-BLUE waving, gun-toting, pro-Bush America.

I really don't see any of that. I tried to review the movie in my
head to get your point of view but I couldn't. I just took it as a zombie movie. Which is fine. Maybe I'll have to watch it again with politics in mind. But it has zombies and we all love them zombies!
:)

hollywoodgothiq
03-10-2006, 08:05 AM

But then, of course, TWLIGHT OF THE DEAD was an alternate title for CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD -- the day the film opened in Los Angeles, half the ads had TWILIGHT for the title instead of CITY! (It may have been a retitling for a cut version, beause the TWLIGHT ads were rated R; the CITY ads were unrated.)

So, using either title for the Romero sequle could cause confusion for hardcore horror buffs.

Actually, I don't see the problem with making a direct sequel to land. Although I like the concept of using the zombie phenomenon as the only link between the films, it never hurts to change pace, and the idea of a zombie road movie, with the characters crossing the country in Dead Reckoning, provides the opportunity to try something different.

urgeok
03-10-2006, 08:08 AM
there's also the book City of the Dead by Brian Keene that he mentioned is possibly being optioned as a film..

actually it's a hell of a lot like land of the dead.

subjugator
03-13-2006, 05:36 PM
eh, this might be stupid but did anyone else think that when the fireworks "hypnotized" the zombies that it was symbolic of Americans just blindly following along with their government?

hollywoodgothiq
03-13-2006, 06:54 PM
No, that didn't occurr to me, but now that you mention, it seems pretty obvious. Good catch!

urgeok
03-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by subjugator
eh, this might be stupid but did anyone else think that when the fireworks "hypnotized" the zombies that it was symbolic of Americans just blindly following along with their government?

not to me at all ..
i saw it as how people blindly ooh and ahhh at fireworks no matter how many times they've seen the damn things over and over again.

if there was power they'd all be gathered around a TV set.

Nyarlathotep
03-14-2006, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
not to me at all ..
i saw it as how people blindly ooh and ahhh at fireworks no matter how many times they've seen the damn things over and over again.

if there was power they'd all be gathered around a TV set.

if you had your way, they'd all be watching pokemon

urgeok
03-14-2006, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Nyarlathotep
if you had your way, they'd all be watching pokemon

gotta catch 'em all !

Nyarlathotep
03-14-2006, 04:25 AM
gotta catch 'em all !

that could be the tagline

urgeok
03-14-2006, 06:37 AM
that could be the tagline

it could !! but dont take my word for it - ask these guys :

urgeok
03-14-2006, 06:38 AM
i have to admit ...

this is the 1st time i've ever been sexually attracted to pikachu ..

Nyarlathotep
03-14-2006, 07:39 AM
i have to admit ...

this is the 1st time i've ever been sexually attracted to pikachu ..

nice um er.....dimples

urgeok
03-14-2006, 07:40 AM
nice um er.....dimples

yeah, you dont usually see ....dimples quite so .... pronounced on asian girls.

knife_fight
03-14-2006, 07:55 AM

as far as political commentary, I only took it as an all-out class war. with the poor rising up against those who have held em down for so long. the poor first must go through the middle class then move on to the people who are really in charge, the rich.

like the people in the building were obviously the rich, the rest of the living were the middle class, and the zombies were the poor and homeless. I guess the main characters could be considered the upper-middle-class. so maybe they let em go at the end b/c the upper-middle-class people had a grudge against the rich also.

maybe Romero is calling for a revolution in this country that is strongly based on a class system, even though no one actually calls it that.

but, maybe not...

urgeok
03-14-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by knife_fight
as far as political commentary, I only took it as an all-out class war. with the poor rising up against those who have held em down for so long. the poor first must go through the middle class then move on to the people who are really in charge, the rich.

like the people in the building were obviously the rich, the rest of the living were the middle class, and the zombies were the poor and homeless. I guess the main characters could be considered the upper-middle-class. so maybe they let em go at the end b/c the upper-middle-class people had a grudge against the rich also.

maybe Romero is calling for a revolution in this country that is strongly based on a class system, even though no one actually calls it that.

but, maybe not...

yeah the 'have' vs 'have not' scenario was pretty out there .. not at all symbolic..

but the funny twist is that the 'have nots' want what the 'haves' got, and it aint money :D

knife_fight
03-14-2006, 09:23 AM
but the funny twist is that the 'have nots' want what the 'haves' got, and it aint money :D

ain't it the damn truth.

I was mainly talking about how the society was set up. with the rich at the center and the poorer they got moving outward in concentric circles.

lionels_mother
03-15-2006, 01:25 PM

lol... I had this convo with my girlf last night! We came up with either 'Brunch of the Dead' or 'Early Evening of the Dead'.

Zero
03-15-2006, 03:11 PM
i read the politics of LOTD as all about 9/11 and a kind of critique of the Bush - let's get strong and kill everyone else. . . i thought that's why the zombies were, for the most part, more sympathetic and the human raiders - at the beginning, almost seemed like the bad guys

Angelakillsluts
03-17-2006, 09:15 AM

Explain exactly.

On the DVD, George Romero does talk about the political undertones of the movie, but they're all pretty obvious. I just don't get why someone would make a connection between using bright lights to distract mindless shamblors with the complacency of society so I'm curious to find out.

Angelakillsluts
03-17-2006, 09:16 AM

Exactly.

Michaels Shape
03-26-2006, 03:24 AM
Even though some people disagree, I actually like the fact that they're making a sequel. They actually need it, after the last tage line("they're just looking for a place to go") it just got rediculous. They need to do something with these zombies.

Thomasgeorge
03-26-2006, 03:37 AM
there needs to be more killing in it

tachii
03-27-2006, 03:11 PM
fangoria # 171: they're back-craven, carpenter and romero (1998)

interview for the zombie themed commercial for biohazard II/resident evil 2

talk about a fourth installment for the dead series had surfaced in which "Twilight" was a title being considered at the time.

""the dead movies always fit into the respective decades they were made it. the '60s were active, angry and much more overtly political. the '70s were 'spend, baby, the times are good.' the '80s was the downfall of that and a collapse into the darker territory. the '90s version would basically be about people ignoring the problem. to me, that's what things are about now-some how conning the people to look the other way. the zombies would be treated the way the homeless are treated." (sorry about the super long quote)

reason given for delay was rights tied between various companies involved with series over the years.
romero was also a considered director for RE motion picture

anyway thought the quote might give some insight as to where he might have been going with the new installment.
doesn't really seem to far off to me.

Posher778
03-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Thomasgeorge
there needs to be more killing in it

More than 100 people (living) were killed in LOTD.

tachii
03-27-2006, 03:18 PM

but, maybe not...

well stated
sounds like you either kept up on your reading
or i don't know what

tachii
03-27-2006, 03:28 PM
i actually kinda agreed somewhat with the 9/11, blindly following the government comments

my original take on it was
a statement on the emmigrantphobia going on and how everyone just wanted to shut down and kill the aliens/zombies on sight and just forgot how even through all our differences we are all still the same "they're us and we're them" sort of thing.

also the people living in the "city" were the true zombies. slaves doing as they were told and not realizing it. they were alive yet, not free.

i could have worded this much better but i hope you guys get where i'm trying to go with this.
i could have a fieldday with this film as far as analysis is concerned.

anyway i've spent a great deal of time digging through old articles and can't find anything from the pre/post film release
anyone care to be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

i'm going to obsess until i find something