PDA

View Full Version : review of Night Watch

HappyCamper
03-03-2006, 11:27 PM
has anybody seen Night Watch yet, and if so could you give a brief review (with a spoiler warning..if necessary) and if so if it's worth going to see

Soloman Kane
03-04-2006, 09:55 AM
I'am hoping this is going to be playing near me. I 've got a solid interesting in Russian folklore & this movie appeals to me. Maybe it's the hype around here but this film looks really interesting from the previews. The plot is very original & seems almost Nightbreed like. The Russian horror fans I've talked to have given this high praise & they usually hate everything :p. So I'am looking forward to it but I may have to wait till this flick comes out on DVD. Or I might have to go into New York City to see this. I want to see it with subtitles because I've noticed that alot of movies with voice over seem to lose something. :)

doctor satan
03-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Its a great film & i can't wait for the sequels.

hollywoodgothiq
03-10-2006, 07:56 AM
It's a good film, not a great one. Lots of ideas and action, but they tried to pack in too much -- the film films crowded, bogged down.

And yet, it's still worth seeing, and I look forward to the sequels.

You can read more here: http://www.hollywoodgothique.com/nightwatch2004.html

Nyarlathotep
03-10-2006, 01:55 PM
it was ok

Zero
03-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by hollywoodgothiq
It's a good film, not a great one. Lots of ideas and action, but they tried to pack in too much -- the film films crowded, bogged down.

And yet, it's still worth seeing, and I look forward to the sequels.

You can read more here: http://www.hollywoodgothique.com/nightwatch2004.html

*cough*

Posher778
03-10-2006, 07:42 PM
i want to see this, but not as much as silent hill.

The_Return
03-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Posher778
i want to see this, but not as much as silent hill.

Agreed.

^^

Amazing, eh?

Posher778
03-10-2006, 08:11 PM
very. Everything else is slow and boring!!

kung-fu-jesus
03-15-2006, 05:27 AM
ive got two theaters in town and its playing at the one i dont like, and farther away. also ive been busy seeing other new releases and buying up dvds. i'll probibly just wait till video to see it.

question, is the move dubbed or subtitled? if subtitled i'll wait for dvd cause i dont like to read at the theater( nothing wrong with it but i just dont). if i buy it i'll still watch it in russian cause alot of the dialog is lost in translation, and some movies just shouldnt be dubbed( crouching tiger hidden dragon, if you can actualy understand what there saying it sound stupid ass hell, example: the tea house fight and all the blabering that bitch was doing just sounded ignorent, and dont bitch if you actualy like people talking like that cause i dont care).

hollywoodgothiq
03-15-2006, 09:07 AM
The prints showing in theatres are subtitled -- and veyr well, as a matter of fact.

last bad move
03-22-2006, 02:43 PM
it was ok but very here, there type of plot it has some parts that they put in that seemed to just be there for the sake of putting a weird scene in

urgeok
03-27-2006, 08:07 AM
i really enjoyed this film ...
i wasnt expecting to after all i had read ...

a friend of mine compared it to a mishmash of other things including underworld,..etc but i thought it stood up on its own ..

none of the bloody blue cgi friendly haze for one thing.

i thought it was fresh and origional and full of neat little touches.
some of it (plot wise) was a bit simplistic but that itself gave it a charm.

it wont be for everyone .. but i really enjoyed it.