PDA

View Full Version : Visit house of a thousand corpses

Leslie Daher
12-15-2003, 08:13 AM
what didn't i like about this movie? hmmm. it's a played idea for starters. frankly, i liked it much better when i saw it the first time when it was called texas chainsaw massacre! the film was unoriginal and the violence/gore was over the top. just b/c it's horror doesn't mean it's gotta be gross. IMO ppl use excessive blood/gore when a story can't sustain itself and this "movie"clearly had no story. HOW MANY TIMES DOES TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE HAVE TO BE RE-MADE?! UGH! and leather face is the least of all the baddies...he's a fat, retarded oaf who dances around w/ a chainsaw! i didn't bother to see that last re-make b/c i figure it's just as bad as the rest of them! so, rob zombie made a horror movie...BIG DEAL! his film was just an elaborate music video. he ripped off a classic! and for the record MAKING SOMEONE WANT TO PUKE DOESN'T MAKE YOU TALENTED! it just makes you like the weird kid in school who picked his scabs and put mustard on his peaches-TRYING TO GET ATTENTION!!!

Aasiyan
12-15-2003, 08:37 AM
I think that Rob Zombie is very talented. He did an excellant job with that movie. At first I didn't know what to think about it. (Neither did the other five people in the theater.) I didn't hate it though. It's one that you either like, or hate. There really is not an in the middle. I can't wait for the second one to come out. I want to see where Rob goes with it.

meetthecreeper
12-15-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Leslie Daher
what didn't i like about this movie? hmmm. it's a played idea for starters. frankly, i liked it much better when i saw it the first time when it was called texas chainsaw massacre! the film was unoriginal and the violence/gore was over the top. just b/c it's horror doesn't mean it's gotta be gross. IMO ppl use excessive blood/gore when a story can't sustain itself and this "movie"clearly had no story. HOW MANY TIMES DOES TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE HAVE TO BE RE-MADE?! UGH! and leather face is the least of all the baddies...he's a fat, retarded oaf who dances around w/ a chainsaw! i didn't bother to see that last re-make b/c i figure it's just as bad as the rest of them! so, rob zombie made a horror movie...BIG DEAL! his film was just an elaborate music video. he ripped off a classic! and for the record MAKING SOMEONE WANT TO PUKE DOESN'T MAKE YOU TALENTED! it just makes you like the weird kid in school who picked his scabs and put mustard on his peaches-TRYING TO GET ATTENTION!!!

The movie may have been influenced by TCM ( it is Robs fav. movie) what is wrong with that?? This was the guys first film, I think it was better than some films that are being put out by people in the industry for years. Your fav. film is Halloween right, that isnt violent? And yes I do happen to think Rob is talented. Your entitled to your opinion though.

LegionFilms
12-15-2003, 06:36 PM
um yea...it wasn't a remake. It did have similar ideas as TCM but still pulled off its own thing. Rob Zombie is awesome, personally I like the movie. I just really know about the whole sacrifice scene, but I mean you cant beat Captain Spaulding.

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
12-15-2003, 11:10 PM
I loved the movie and thought Rob has a lot of talent..I think he has more to come..and I for one am excited to see what he does next.. Yea Horror movies arent all blood and gore..but personally I think that is one of the best parts about them..Just a personal opinion.... Rob ROCKS!!!!

Ritualistic
12-21-2003, 02:59 PM
awesome movie, awesome script, awesome actors.... one of my fav movies... and this will definately be a cult horror classic.... one of the best movies I have seen in a long time

avenger00soul
12-21-2003, 05:28 PM
Did you start ANOTHER thread bashing Ho1000C? Man, you must really hate it.

Great movie.:D

Leslie Daher
12-22-2003, 08:51 AM
funny, this thread has been out here for a while LOL

Vega Demon Lord
12-23-2003, 07:09 PM
Avenger makes a point. who ecer is ass enough to bash HO1000C, make a thread and post it, so people like us nver have to see it.

anthrophagi
12-29-2004, 06:11 AM
i personally think its a great film, and rob zombie is a very talented guy with a great imagination and attention to character design

AUSTIN316426808
12-29-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by anthrophagi
i personally think its a great film, and rob zombie is a very talented guy with a great imagination and attention to character design

you're 369 days late on this thread.

The_Return
12-29-2004, 10:16 AM
Wow....this is one heck of an old thread!

TheOmen
01-01-2005, 12:56 AM
Still stinks!