PDA

View Full Version : omg, it's "self-injury awareness day"!

The STE
03-03-2006, 08:35 AM
I got a (promptly deleted) e-mail from some idiot saying it's "Self Injury Awareness" day. I didn't read the whole thing, since my brain cells were fighting for their lives making me delete it, but from the gist of it, it's a day where all these smelly emo hippies can go on their Sad Teens With Problems Nobody Gives A Shit About message boards and their livejournals and myspace and whatever weblog thing that's popular with the angsty teenage types, and post about how people should spread da word about how it's Self-Injury Awareness day. Then they can pat themselves on the back and delude themselves into thinking they're actually doing something and that this shit will actually solve some sort of problem. I was going to copy all the e-mail addresses she sent this e-mail to and send them all a message saying that having "awareness days" about something is what people do when they're too fucking stupid to think of any REAL solutions to anything and how they should go jerk off to their podcasts of Live 8 or something, but I'm far too lazy. Plus, I deleted the e-mail already.

newb
03-03-2006, 09:00 AM
hmmm...would self-flagellation be in the same catergory.

The STE
03-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by newb
hmmm...would self-flagellation be in the same catergory.

dunno. I'm waiting for "Hippie-injuring awareness day"

Haunted
03-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Hey, S, does your quote come from Chang Tsu? He tells a similar tale in Wondering on the Way. It translate to something along the lines of The Importance of Being Useless.

Self Injury Day, huh? Well well, I guess I'll have to bake a cake or something.

Somebody get the balloons and the dip.

The STE
03-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Haunted
Hey, S, does your quote come from Chang Tsu? He tells a similar tale in Wondering on the Way. It translate to something along the lines of The Importance of Being Useless.

Self Injury Day, huh? Well well, I guess I'll have to bake a cake or something.

Somebody get the balloons and the dip.

no, it's a Tom Waits quote

The Flayed One
03-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Tomorrow is Chronic Masturbation Awareness day.

The STE
03-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by The Flayed One
Tomorrow is Chronic Masturbation Awareness day.

where everyone wears a yellow cock ring in support

stubbornforgey
03-03-2006, 11:58 AM
hahahahahaha..holy crap..
We have them days over here ..
Daffidol day..
Push n play day (outdoor activities for fat ppl)
self awareness day
self injury awareness day.
scratch my fucking ass awareness day..
and OMFG..
there are actual ppl who wear t'shirts
depicting each awareness bullshit day.

Haunted
03-03-2006, 04:16 PM
I don't think a cock-ring will fit on my wrist. S, can I borrow one of yours?

The STE
03-03-2006, 04:18 PM
I don't think a cock-ring will fit on my wrist. S, can I borrow one of yours?

wrist? If you want one of mine, you'll have to wear it around your neck

Yellow Jacket
03-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by The STE
where everyone wears a yellow cock ring in support

We could all be cock buddies! :D :p

Haunted
03-03-2006, 04:26 PM

It'll have to make do. As long as I don't have to wear it like a hoo-la hoop. Never could get the hang of those.

Marroe
03-03-2006, 04:27 PM
It'll have to make do. As long as I don't have to wear it like a hoo-la hoop. Never could get the hang of those. Cos you gotta know how to work it ghetto style:)

Haunted
03-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Does belly-dancing count? Not that I am any good at it. I WILL have lessons, though, just as soon as I pull the cash out my ass. I is broke.

Zero
03-03-2006, 04:54 PM
well - - - as a person who injures himself all the time - often while drunk, occassionally while swinging from tree to tree -- i would say that i'm always aware of it . . . and that this awareness is usually immediate, the key is the sudden appearance of PAIN. . . so, I don't think I need a "day" to be aware of my many self injuries . . . nor, for that matter, could i up off that awareness to some specified day on the calendar. So, I'll take my self-injury awareness the good old fashion immediate "oh my fucking god that hurt" kind of way!

VampiricClown
03-04-2006, 07:31 AM

You'd have to wear mine around your hips. :p

ItsAlive75
03-04-2006, 07:33 AM
Well thank God THAT stupid day is over and done with.

...I can finally start stabbing myself in the knee-caps again.

Haunted
03-04-2006, 09:23 AM
I've got a spiffy icepick you can borrow.

Zero
03-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Well thank God THAT stupid day is over and done with.

...I can finally start stabbing myself in the knee-caps again.

and the key, if i might be so bold, is to give the pick a little twist and wiggle each time as the point makes it deepest penetration - - - - ooo, i hate it when that happens

Haunted
03-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Or when the razor blade suddenly goes dull maximizing the agony. Ooo...nice.

:p

Zero
03-04-2006, 10:20 AM
or - when you take a cheese grater and start rubbing it over and over your tongue and then the blood starts to get all over your hands and the grater starts to slip and cut into your cheeks and nose. . . ooooo i hate it when that happens

Haunted
03-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Or when you take an iron and start massaging your tummy and the skin starts sticking to the surface of the iron and you can hear it crackle and see it rip... I really hate it when that happens.