PDA

View Full Version : X-Men 3

Prelude95Si
03-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Contains spoilers.

New X-Men: The Last Stand Trailer to Debut!
Source: LucaS! February 28, 2006

Scooper 'LucaS!' alerted us that Fox just made an X-cellent announcement:

Got some X-Citing news!...I just saw a commercial during American Idol that stated that the new X-Men 3 trailer will be shown next Monday during the 24 two hour special. Woo hoo!

Stay tuned!

The X-Men: The Last Stand Synopsis
Source: 20th Century Fox March 1, 2006

20th Century Fox has released the following synopsis for X-Men: The Last Stand, coming to theaters on May 26:

In X-MEN: THE LAST STAND, the final chapter in the "X-Men" motion picture trilogy, a "cure" for mutancy threatens to alter the course of history. For the first time, mutants have a choice: retain their uniqueness, though it isolates and alienates them, or give up their powers and become human. The opposing viewpoints of mutant leaders Charles Xavier, who preaches tolerance, and Magneto, who believes in the survival of the fittest, are put to the ultimate test - triggering the war to end all wars.

While this may be the last film in the "X-Men" trilogy, we still have spinoffs Wolverine and Magneto to look forward to.

Posher778
03-01-2006, 04:21 PM
At least their going to end it after this one. I LOVE the 2 movies out now, and i'm very happy that they won't ruin it by letting it go onnn and onnn.

The_Return
03-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Can't...friggin...wait.

Will be seeing it opening day wiith my dad. We went opening night to the first two, so I guess it's sort of tradition.

Though there are many distressing rumors floating about, this should a damn fine swanne song for the X-Men trilogy.

urgeok
03-02-2006, 06:51 AM
my sister worked on this ...

she worked on xmen 2 as well .. and #1 was filmed all around where i live.

i guess it's appropriate - what with the favorite character being a Canuck and all ...

scouse mac
03-02-2006, 12:17 PM
This had better be good, loved the first two and have very high hopes for this. I'll be there front row centre come opening.

Posher778
03-02-2006, 01:41 PM
I always preferred Storm and Cyclops of the Xmen.

scouse mac
03-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Posher778
I always preferred Storm and Cyclops of the Xmen.

Wolverine was always top dog for me, Beast second. Very glad he is making an appearance in this one. Hope they keep his dry wit in tact.

Posher778
03-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Wolverine is cool, but I liked the whole, storm, white hair, and outfit stuff. Cyclops was my favorite from tv and comics, but in the movies he hardly ever uses his lasers.

Prelude95Si
03-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Personaly I'm upset that Gambit never made a film appearance.

I also think that the X-Men series had the potential to go further than 3 films, but when I think about the setting and mode of the first 2 I can see why they would end it at #3. The movies focus so much on the mutant/humanity aspect of the comic that it would be odd for the films to suddenly go in the direction of introduceing the other villians of the X-Men. But I still think that the sentienals should have made an appearance. They totally refelct humanities desire to control what they fear.

urgeok
03-02-2006, 08:00 PM
.re Storm ...... she may have looked cool but she was the mist under used ill conceived character in the movies .. a complete waste of time .. they gave her nothing to do.

Zero
03-03-2006, 07:07 AM
i'm also glad they are ending it - - i would've loved to see Dark Phoenix story play out on screen (i remember as a kid thinking that that whole story was totally awesome and being really devastated when she killed herself at the end of the arc)

the movies have been a mixed bag for me - - - i loved hte drama of the first one, the action of the second (but thought in that respect both lacked what the other had). . . if they can pull it all together for #3 - that would be awesome.

Prelude95Si
03-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Zero
i'm also glad they are ending it - - i would've loved to see Dark Phoenix story play out on screen (i remember as a kid thinking that that whole story was totally awesome and being really devastated when she killed herself at the end of the arc)

the movies have been a mixed bag for me - - - i loved hte drama of the first one, the action of the second (but thought in that respect both lacked what the other had). . . if they can pull it all together for #3 - that would be awesome.

X3 is about the Phoenix saga. I believe Wizard said that there was a report that it is the Dark Phoenix saga specificly. I think that even in the teaser when you see Jean push the door open that its about the Dark Phoenix saga, plus Jean just looks evil in the pics I've seen from this movie.

The_Return
03-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Was the end of #2 not an obvious enough clue that this would concern the Pheonix saga?

Agreed complety that Gambit should have been in the movies. Supposedly, Brian Singer thought he was too much like Cyclops to include in the films. When I heared a new director was on board for this one, I was hoping they'd include Gambit, but alas, no luck. Rumor has it that there will be Sentinals though, which will rock my socks.

Getting more psyched by the minute for this:D

Prelude95Si
03-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
Rumor has it that there will be Sentinals though, which will rock my socks.

Getting more psyched by the minute for this:D

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE NOW! Even if these are the human size sentinals it will still be fucking awsome to see them on screen.

The_Return
03-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Prelude95Si
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE NOW! Even if these are the human size sentinals it will still be fucking awsome to see them on screen.

Please, don't hold it against me if they dont show up. We all know how internet rumors can turn out...though Ive read this one a few fairly reputable sites [IE- Superherohype, surprised you didn't come across it].

mothermold
03-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Agreed complety that Gambit should have been in the movies. Supposedly, Brian Singer thought he was too much like Cyclops to include in the films. When I heared a new director was on board for this one, I was hoping they'd include Gambit, but alas, no luck.

On a bit of a side note,who would you want to see cast as Gambit? For my money it would have to be Vincent Cassel...he was made for that part.:)

The_Return
03-06-2006, 06:35 AM
Never really put much thought into it, but Cassel would be awesome!

Prelude95Si
03-06-2006, 08:46 AM
Please, don't hold it against me if they dont show up. We all know how internet rumors can turn out...though Ive read this one a few fairly reputable sites [IE- Superherohype, surprised you didn't come across it].

Actually I'm surprised I didn't see that too. Maybe I need my glasses?

But I'm o.k. if the sentienals don't show-up. It will still be a good flick.

hellfire1
03-06-2006, 11:08 AM
ugh. i'm so fearing this one. ben foster as angel ? talk about a casting error. and directed by brett "rush hour" ratner. why oh why did you leave, bryan singer ??

ah well... he'd better do a hell of a job on superman.

and vincent cassel ? he's not the only french actor out there. my pick for gambit : guillaume canet. remember gambit is supposed to be charming, not scary.

urgeok
03-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by hellfire1
ugh. i'm so fearing this one. ben foster as angel ? talk about a casting error. and directed by brett "rush hour" ratner. why oh why did you leave, bryan singer ??

ah well... he'd better do a hell of a job on superman.

and vincent cassel ? he's not the only french actor out there. my pick for gambit : guillaume canet. remember gambit is supposed to be charming, not scary.

he's supposed to be Cajun isnt he ?

thats a pretty funky type of french

hellfire1
03-06-2006, 11:26 AM
haha.. yes, that too.

kung-fu-jesus
03-07-2006, 06:03 AM
saw the fox trailer last night, it was bad ass, alot of classic x-men characters are gonna be in this one, the only thing i didnt like is the juggernauts costume, the only armor he had was the helmet( i preffer the body suit). other than that, bad ass.

Zero
03-07-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by kung-fu-jesus
saw the fox trailer last night, it was bad ass, alot of classic x-men characters are gonna be in this one, the only thing i didnt like is the juggernauts costume, the only armor he had was the helmet( i preffer the body suit). other than that, bad ass.

just watched the trailer on-line --- i must say i was pretty impressed and am now much more jazzed to see it

mothermold
03-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by hellfire1

I'm well aware he's not the only French actor out there.Cassel has a wide range and bears(I think)a striking resemblance to the comic book character we all know and luv.

This is just a pipe dream of mine anyway,in reality if they ever did put him in a possible third installment the part would probably go to some second rate actor or an unknown.

Prelude95Si
03-07-2006, 01:53 PM
Comments about the trailer:

1) Looks like Iceman and Kitty Pride are an item now. Personaly I like that better than him and Rogue.
2) I think its clear that this is about the Dark Phoniex storyline b/c Jean sides with Magneto and plus at the end of the trailer Jean tells Logan to kill her (If I remeber correctly thats right out of the comic).
3) Angel looks bad ass.
4) The mutant fight at the end looks great.

Definantly excited about this movie!

hellfire1
03-08-2006, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by mothermold
I'm well aware he's not the only French actor out there.Cassel has a wide range and bears(I think)a striking resemblance to the comic book character we all know and luv.

This is just a pipe dream of mine anyway,in reality if they ever did put him in a possible third installment the part would probably go to some second rate actor or an unknown.

really ? i just think he looks creepy as hell. which did him good in the last movie he made here (sheitan ; i really recommend it), but otherwise, can't stand the guy as an actor most of the time. probably all the hype around him over here. *shrugs*

urgeok
03-08-2006, 06:19 AM
i really hope it doesnt end after 3.
the thing about movies based on comics - is that they can go on forever - there is no end.

as long as decent directors pick up the series - the problem is when some no budget talentless hack picks up the sequel
for a straight to home video release ...
kind of puts a tarnish on the earlier better efforts.

ItsAlive75
03-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by urgeok
i really hope it doesnt end after 3.
the thing about movies based on comics - is that they can go on forever - there is no end.

as long as decent directors pick up the series - the problem is when some no budget talentless hack picks up the sequel
for a straight to home video release ...
kind of puts a tarnish on the earlier better efforts.

I'm just afraid of the ever-growing cast. All it takes is one back-out for things to start slipping. If Jackman, Stewart, McKellan or anyone else decides they don't want to do those movies anymore, the franchise is going to take a serious hit.

The_Return
03-08-2006, 12:32 PM
***SPOILERS***...or at least they might be spoilers, if the rumors are true*

Supposedly, at least 2 major character will be killed in this so that there is no way they can make another. If heard a ton of rumour about who, but the most consistant is Xavior....

feral cat
03-08-2006, 01:30 PM
New trailer looks pretty cool, quite looking forward to this ...

scouse mac
03-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Ive heard the dreaded spin-off will be the order of the day once X3 is done with. You just know, despite all hopes, the series will fade into mediocrity which will be a real fucking shame given the strength of it at the moment.

Prelude95Si
03-08-2006, 03:38 PM
***SPOILERS***...or at least they might be spoilers, if the rumors are true*

Supposedly, at least 2 major character will be killed in this so that there is no way they can make another. If heard a ton of rumour about who, but the most consistant is Xavior....

I remeber reading on superherohype.com awhile back that Xavior, Magneto, and Cyclops would all die.

I sure hope not!

The_Return
03-08-2006, 08:18 PM
I remeber reading on superherohype.com awhile back that Xavior, Magneto, and Cyclops would all die.

I sure hope not!

Methinks we read the same article:p

However, Ive read on others sites that either Rogue or Wolverine may die as well, which would suck. It wouldnt make sence anyway, because the Wolverine spinoff is already in the works:rolleyes:

lovecraft
03-09-2006, 07:37 PM
I heard somewhere that Storm and Logan become an Item and
Storm gets killed and Logan goes beserk.

I wish i could remember where I read that....

The_Return
03-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by lovecraft
I heard somewhere that Storm and Logan become an Item and
Storm gets killed and Logan goes beserk.

I wish i could remember where I read that....

Well that would suck!

Anyoe hear any confirmation on the Omega Red rumors? Id love to see him on film! As the rumor goes, they're changing his story so he's a general in Magneto's army....but still, how cool would that be??

The_Return
03-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Just try to tell me that you wouldn't want this in the movie:

mothermold
03-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Just try to tell me that you wouldn't want this in the movie:

Isn't Omega Red supposed to make a cameo in X-Men 3??

The_Return
03-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by mothermold
Isn't Omega Red supposed to make a cameo in X-Men 3??

Isnt that what I was talking about? :p

mothermold
03-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Isnt that what I was talking about? :p

Sorry..my eyes were drawn to the pic..all text was lost.:o

Prelude95Si
03-20-2006, 08:44 AM
Rothman Confirms Wolverine is a Prequel
Source: IESB.net, Diamond Comics March 20, 2006

With Hugh Jackman hinting to Entertainment Weekly that the Wolverine spinoff movie will be a prequel, IESB.net got confirmation from Fox Film Group President Tom Rothman, who said it is indeed.

Also, Hugh Jackman recently alluded that the Wolverine spin off film may be a prequel, how accurate is that? Although he says he will get in trouble if he tells, just between him and her, yes it's a prequel, and that's a scoop!

You can view the video interview at the link above.

Meanwhile, Diamond Comics has a preview of upcoming merchandise for X-Men: The Last Stand. You can view pics and details on Jean Grey’s Phoenix Pendant as well as Xavier's cufflinks and tie tack along with Magneto's collar pin.

Email Story to a Friend | Discuss on the Boards

Thorns_demon
03-27-2006, 11:44 AM
I hope it comes out here soon, personally I'm a big fan of chars with special powers, anyway, it looks better than 1 and 2, seems to have more big things that happen, like the bridge and stuff.

Prelude95Si
04-03-2006, 07:48 AM
NEW INFO REVEALED IN STARLOG MAGAZINE!
Apr 2 2006 - Sources: Starlog Magazine
The latest issue of Starlog Magazine features an amazing interview with X3 director Brett Ratner, and Ellen Page (Kitty Pryde)! You can pick up your issue of the magazine in stores now, but here's a little peak at what's inside:

*Brett Ratner on continuity: "I'm trying to stay as true as I can to the core audience. The difference between the first two X-Men and this movie is, this is a darker film and that's because of the source material. The Dark Phoenix plotline is, well, dark."

*Ratner on the final act: "I had to completely change the third act. The new conclusion is probably more expensive."

*Ratner on the Sentinels: "I've been able to put stuff in this movie which, for some reason, Bryan [Singer] wasn't/ The Danger Room, the Fastball Special, and also the Sentinels -- it's really hard to make a robot a character. All these things weren't in the script until I introduced them."

*Ratner on Angel: "The movie is much more emotional than the first two, and Angel - even though he isn't a huge character - is a driving part of the story, which centers around the creation of the cure [for mutation]."

*Ratner of Colossus: "Colossus has more of a part in X-Men: The Last Stand. We'll see him transform a lot; it's just really expensive."

*Ratner mentions Omega Red: "There's Callisto [Dania Ramirez], Arclight [Omyrha Mota], and Omega Red [Vince Murdocco]. They're small parts, but they have powers. Magneto has a team now."

*Ratner on X4: Many seeds are planted in this [X3] picture, but I haven't been hired to direct the fourth one. When it [X3] comes out, it'll be the determining factor."

"Page on Kitty: "Kitty is an extremely intelligent young woman. She's ferocious, brave and a good role model for young women."

*Page on the costumes: "The suit is pretty surreal. It's a little confining to be honest. But this is X-Men. It's how they look. I remember shooting the first scene where we were all in our costumes. It was unbelievable, but you get used to it. I have to admit it's pretty cool. I mean, here I am, playing a superhero."

*Page on her crazy stunt: "It was a crazy stunt. I was holding onto Shawn Ashmore, and I was dropped 50 or 60 feet. All of us were up on wires. I remember looking at Halle Berry, and she turned to me and gave me this big smile. I was like being a seven year old kid in my little imaginary world. I felt so grateful for the opportunity to take that ride."

The_Return
04-03-2006, 02:39 PM
In all honesty I cant recall ever being this excited to see a movie! The more I read the better it sounds, cant wait!

urgeok
04-04-2006, 07:49 AM
so there is talk of it going beyond 3 films ..

i hope so.

the one thing about movies based on comics is that they do go on forever.. endless possibilities for sequels .. as long as they're given the respect they need to keep them from being direct to video shit.

Posher778
04-04-2006, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
so there is talk of it going beyond 3 films ..

i hope so.

the one thing about movies based on comics is that they do go on forever.. endless possibilities for sequels .. as long as they're given the respect they need to keep them from being direct to video shit.

I heard yesterday about a predicted fourth film.

Sick_As_Fuck
04-04-2006, 04:33 PM
I've never been into comic books but I love the X-Men, Spider Man, and Batman movies. The trailer looked great and I'm really stoked for this.

Regarding Gambit; I heard that he was infact originally in the script, but Rattner decided to cut him out. I then heard that he had been put back in but only as a brief cameo during the scene where Magneto frees the mutants from the prison.

Regarding deaths; I'm almost 100% sure that Cyclops dies. There's lots of evidence to back this, too, like the new Superman movie, the funeral scene in the trailer, and it was even reported that apparently there's footage of Wolverine placing Cyclops' glasses on the grave.

Prelude95Si
04-12-2006, 08:45 AM
Multiple Man

http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=4072

The_Return
04-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Multiple Man

http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=4072

Blech...first off, he doesnt look the part. Second, I dont like his power much to begin with. Last of all, what the hell is he doing with the Brotherhood?

lovecraft
04-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Hiis power is kinda hokey, but it gives Magneto an army....

Prelude95Si
04-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Blech...first off, he doesnt look the part. Second, I dont like his power much to begin with. Last of all, what the hell is he doing with the Brotherhood?

I've read on superherohype.com that several X-Men, X-Force, and X-Factor members are part of the Brotherhood, like I've read that Psylock (sorry on spelling) is on Magneto's team, Phenoix joins Magneto for part of the film just going by the trailer. Then I read in that Starlog post I had that Omega Red was in this. So I have a feeling that they might try to say that Juggernat and Omega Red are mutants just b/c their part of the Brotherhood.

Prelude95Si
04-20-2006, 04:13 PM
7-Minute X-Men Preview to Air on Fox!
Source: Fox April 19, 2006

Superhero Hype! has learned that Fox will air a 7-minute preview of X-Men: The Last Stand on Thursday, May 11 from 8:30-8:37pm ET/PT! The preview airs right before the series finale of "That '70s Show," which is on from 8:37-10:00pm ET/PT.

X-Men: The Last Stand hits theaters on May 26th.

Prelude95Si
05-03-2006, 08:42 AM
McKellen on X-Men, Magneto Prequel
Source: Heather Newgen May 3, 2006

This month, actor Ian McKellen will be appearing in two of the biggest blockbusters of the year, "The Da Vinci Code" and X-Men: The Last Stand. ComingSoon.net's Superhero Hype! had a chance to sit down with the prolific British actor to talk to him about returning as the master of magnetism, Magneto, for the third chapter of the X-franchise, as well as the proposed prequel for the character.

CS/SHH: Was Bryan Singer originally a major influence for taking on the X-Men movies?
Ian McKellen: He had known about X-Men no more than I, until a friend showed him and introduced him to X-Men. He got really excited about the idea of the story. So we were all not alarmed but interested in what new direction Brett Ratner's arrival would take the film. There was no worry because Brett was so in love with the first two films that he wanted to make a third that was looked at as if it was directed by Bryan Singer, his own words. We'll see whether or not he's achieved that or not. I think the plot is more interesting than the previous two so it's fair to be at least as excited and Magneto gets to do an awful lot in this film which he didn't in the second so I'm very happy about it. It's not going to be a change of direction. It's not like Tim Burton suddenly coming in and doing his stuff. Brett Ratner is basically doing what Bryan did.

CS/SHH: But Bryan ended up not doing this latest movie, so was it hard switching directors and is the director that important to you?
McKellen: Yes, it always is with me. It's never just the part; it's who is going to direct it and how well is the part written and all sorts of things. I had to take this on trust, because I didn't know Brett and I didn't know much of his work either. I was pretty well committed to doing the film, and he arrived very late in the day, eight weeks before we starting shooting. It was a very, very difficult job, and I felt quite sorry for him. You need eight months to prepare for a movie like this. I did the last bit of voicing of Magneto two days ago.

CS/SHH: Brett is known to be a rather enthusiastic director. How did that manifest itself on set?
McKellen: I've often said that the way of defining a good director… well, you can't be a good director unless you can hold a good party. At a good party, you've specifically brought together a group of people because you'll think they'll get on and you're job is to make them get on. You're job is not to have a good time but to make sure they have a good time. You treat each of them differently. You make sure they've got the right drink in their hand. You say the right words of encouragement. You introduce people to them. Brett is brilliant, absolutely brilliant, but Bryan's not very good at it. I've never been to a party of Bryan's, but I dread to think what it would be like. Bryan is much more internal and self-obsessed and neurotic. That comes out in the films he makes. That's part of what he does. Brett's a party animal. Brett wants everyone to have a good time. If they're enjoying themselves then so is he. That's a very good atmosphere for a movie of this sort. There are long, long waits while things are being set up. Where the scenes aren't that intense. You can easily get lost in the dialogue of an X-Men movie, so it's very good to have the leader keeping everyone's spirits and that's what he does.

CS/SHH: There were stories of Halle Berry and Bryan Singer not getting along, so it was a happier shoot this time?
McKellen: You can't ask me about that because I wasn't there. I don't know what happened and I still don't know what happened. Well, it's just different. Who knows what it would have been like with Bryan this time because we all know what we're doing. We've done it now for three films. It was new territory, but it was plain sailing really and probably would have been with Bryan, if he would've directed.

CS/SHH: Can you talk about the scene where Magneto is throwing cars off of the Golden Gate Bridge?
McKellen: Is that what I was doing? I never quite knew. We had the Golden Gate Bridge built in Vancouver. You didn't have to use your imagination, because there it was, but flying through the air you have to use your imagination. We were on a bit of a road and there were lights and there was a breeze. Wind was blowing in our hair and our cloaks and it felt as if we were flying a bit. So I think they just have to tell you what it's going to be like, and whether it looks convincing on the monitor as you're waving your arms around.

CS/SHH: Do you have any idea what is going on with the Magneto prequel and are you surprised that they're doing one?
McKellen: Well, I'm not surprised. That's what the comics have been doing for years. They've been having prequels and sequels and changing the plot. Going back to the past would be an obvious thing to do, to have a young Magneto story.

CS/SHH: Who would you like to see play the young Magneto?
McKellen: I'll be playing the part. [laughter] I don't know if it's in the press notes, but the first time that Patrick Stewart and I appear in [X-Men: The Last Stand], we appear to be 25 years younger than we are. That's been done by a technology never used in film before, which involves no makeup, no special effects whatsoever. We just go into the studio and do the scene as is, and then they morph our faces on to photographs of ourselves 25 years ago. Lo and behold, there we are. They can take any shaped person and they can slim you down, they can build you up, they can bring out your shoulders, change the style and color of your hair. Remove every wrinkle. They removed so many wrinkles from my face, I looked so young that [X-Men director] Brett Ratner said, "You've got to put a few wrinkles back. It's looking ridiculous." It would mean that I could play myself at 25, feasibly, as long as I can keep myself lithe and sounding young. I mean, that's the big story of this movie is once the stars realize that they don't have to have facelifts anymore, at least as far as their work is concerned, Meryl [Streep] and I can go on playing Romeo and Juliet for the next 20 or 30 years. It's astonishing. It's like airbrushing, but for the moving picture.

CS/SHH: The X-Men characters have long been considered a metaphor for persecuted minorities. What kind of reaction have you received from the gay community?
McKellen: Well, less than I would have hoped actually. The demographic for the comic is young blacks, young Jews and young gays, and they respond most to the idea of mutancy. More than what most teenagers think, feel or taught that they are mutants. So when you get a story like this one where there a cure is found--a cure for being black, a cure for being gay, a cure for being a mutant--it comes right home. But actually, in the circles I move in, the gays have never heard of X-Men. I think it's more of an American phenomenon than British and maybe younger than the crowd I mix with, but it's not just an adventure story to a lot of people.

X-Men: The Last Stand opens on May 26, but you can also see McKellen a week earlier in Ron Howard's adaptation of Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code."

Sick_As_Fuck
05-03-2006, 11:54 PM
That yonug-looking thing sounds crazy.

Zero
05-04-2006, 05:56 AM
did anybody else see the 'fastball special' clip that hugh jackman showed on the jay leno show? i thought, to be honest, it looked silly and made me a bit wary of this film

hell, it is brett ratner after all - of the for-the-love-of-god-please-don't-remake-Red-Dragon ratners

The_Return
05-04-2006, 06:14 AM
did anybody else see the 'fastball special' clip that hugh jackman showed on the jay leno show? i thought, to be honest, it looked silly and made me a bit wary of this film

I missed it...Care to elaborate?

urgeok
05-05-2006, 07:20 AM
McKellen :

3 xmen films
3 lord of the rings

now the Da vinci code ....

this guy is on fire..

Prelude95Si
05-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Latest TV spot, keeps lookin' better and better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxLFUQm3A3s (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxLFUQm3A3s)

The_Return
05-05-2006, 01:45 PM
Latest TV spot, keeps lookin' better and better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxLFUQm3A3s (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxLFUQm3A3s)

The link isnt working:( :confused:

Prelude95Si
05-08-2006, 07:07 AM
The link isnt working:( :confused:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here but I can't get any of the links I post to work so I suggest going to youtube.com and just typing in X-Men 3 and you should get a bunch of trailers.

scaryminda15
05-16-2006, 06:10 AM
i cant wait to see this movie.

Zero
05-16-2006, 06:41 AM
I missed it...Care to elaborate?

the clip was (my guess) a 'danger room' sequence where younger x-men (and wolverine and storm) are fighting what appears to be a Sentinel (though we just see the glowing eyes towering in the distance - after a few minutes of fighting, wolvie asks colossus 'how's your throwing arm' and is thrown at the glowing eyes - a few seconds later the sentinel's head comes falling down - wolvie pops up from behind and says 'lesson over'.

did anyone see the 7 minute piece on fox (i hate 'that 70s show') so missed it.

ghostgirl38
05-16-2006, 06:50 AM
[COLOR=orange]:cool: Another movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a good collection you guys will have.

The_Return
05-18-2006, 04:07 PM
the clip was (my guess) a 'danger room' sequence where younger x-men (and wolverine and storm) are fighting what appears to be a Sentinel (though we just see the glowing eyes towering in the distance - after a few minutes of fighting, wolvie asks colossus 'how's your throwing arm' and is thrown at the glowing eyes - a few seconds later the sentinel's head comes falling down - wolvie pops up from behind and says 'lesson over'.

did anyone see the 7 minute piece on fox (i hate 'that 70s show') so missed it.

Wow...that does sound pretty bad. Though it would be nice to see a Sentinal...!

I purposely skipped the 7 minute preview...as excited as I am, I want some surprise when I get to see the whole thing.

Sick_As_Fuck
05-18-2006, 04:31 PM
It seems like they don't want to ruin any of the Sentinel scenes by over-showing them in the previews. All I've seen thus far is the clip where Wolverine is standing next to a decapitated Sentinel's head. Hopefully that means they're gonna blow us away.

Prelude95Si
05-21-2006, 10:56 AM
I am hearing now that the writters of X3 created 2 new mutants for some reason. My question is why didn't they just bring Gambit in instead of making up 2 new mutants? I mean most of the fans have been screaming for Gambit to make an appearance in these movies.

Prelude95Si
05-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Extra Clip After the X-Men Credits
Source: Superhero Hype! May 24, 2006

Superhero Hype! got a chance to see X-Men: The Last Stand on Tuesday evening and we can confirm that there is an extra clip after the ending credits. While the clip is fairly short, it is quite significant in what it reveals. So, do remember to stay in your seat until you've seen everything!

X-Men: The Last Stand hits theaters this Friday, May 26th.

Prelude95Si
05-26-2006, 09:22 AM
*************Spoilers***************************** ***

Saw the midnight showing and I have to say that I was very dissapointed.

The way Cyclops and Xavier died was cheap. I felt that Magneto was almost borderline pyschotic which he isn't in the comics. I hated how all of the sudden Logan and Storm were the leaders. The overall tone of the film was really weird.

Also the extra clip at the end of the movie is kinda stupied. I mean it was a really cheap way to bring Xavier back to life. But Xavier should never have died in the first place. I mean people got up after he died at the showing I went to.

urgeok
05-26-2006, 09:28 AM
Extra Clip After the X-Men Credits
Source: Superhero Hype! May 24, 2006

Superhero Hype! got a chance to see X-Men: The Last Stand on Tuesday evening and we can confirm that there is an extra clip after the ending credits. While the clip is fairly short, it is quite significant in what it reveals. So, do remember to stay in your seat until you've seen everything!

X-Men: The Last Stand hits theaters this Friday, May 26th.

good info !

ItsAlive75
05-26-2006, 05:14 PM
I liked it. I thought Kelsey Grammar did all he could with Beast, and the final fight at the end was the SHIT.

As for the SPOILER

...the Xavier death was aaaaawesome.

persuasian70
05-26-2006, 09:31 PM
I went to see this movie tonight and I was pretty disappointed. It's important that you have good heroes in the movies, but just as important is that the villains should be a worthy adversary. The new mutants that they introduce in the movie are lame as hell, with the exception of Juggernaut (Did Vinnie take some roids or what? The guys is huge). I mean the brotherhod was full of useless mutants. I don't wanna give away too muchof the movie, so I'll just leave it that it wasn't very good.

ItsAlive75
05-27-2006, 12:32 PM
I will agree with the uselessness of some mutants in the film. Multiple Man was in it for maybe ten minutes. And Angel should've been a much bigger player in the end, I didn't like what they did with him.

Prelude95Si
05-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Did anyone stick around for the clip at the end, preety cheap right?

The_Return
05-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Im seeing this on Wendsday night, I cant wait.

ItsAlive75
05-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Did anyone stick around for the clip at the end, preety cheap right?

Agreed, the IGN blurb about it really hyped it up way too much. It even said something about it being a hint towards the Wolverine spinoff. That made me start thinking about maybe a mask introduction.

http://www.chezcomics.com/comics-resources-information-pages/marvel-comics-information-resources/marvel-comics-superhero-character-profiles/wolverine.gif

urgeok
05-29-2006, 09:23 AM
this franchise will struggle for many reasons but here's the biggest problem :

- to please fans they want to keep introducing new x-men. this will mean thinner roles for everyone.

- and lets face it .. everyone wants to see logan 90% of the time.

(i know i do ... he's badass and canadian .. everyone loves canadians)

_____V_____
05-29-2006, 09:38 AM
Logan is getting an entire movie to himself..."Wolverine" is in the works, and its a hush-hush project but we will get a peek of it sometime in the fall this year or the next...

As for X-Men franchise...they had touted that this will be the last installment of it...but if someone comes forward and makes a #4, I dont think many of the big names will hang around (unless its a Bryan Singer movie)...the X-Men universe is pretty big...if they had all of em in a movie together each X-Man or X-Woman would get only about 30 seconds of on-screen time...

As for X3, it rocked. I had gone to see it with a slightly disappointed feeling because Singer wasnt the director, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised that X3 didnt make me miss him one bit. The fight sequences were superb, and the ending was wicked. Although the short clip after the credits finished rolling was a suckass addition, if they HAD to include it in the movie they should have done it before the end credits. I myself had walked out when they rolled. A friend later told me about the clip. :mad:

Prelude95Si
05-29-2006, 11:14 AM
I would say that a Wolveriene solo movie might be good but then I stop and realize that all I have to do is watch the X-Men movies, or I mean Wolveriene and friends movies. A Wolveriene movie is pointless, they exploered so much of Wolveriene's past in the first 2 I'm not sure what else they could do. They completely dropped Wolveriene's past in X3 b/c I guess he accesspted his past in X2 so there was no reason to talk about it some more in X3.

Freak
05-30-2006, 01:05 PM
What was the end clip at the end of the credits of?

Sick_As_Fuck
05-30-2006, 02:36 PM
I was supposed to see this yesterday but since I was with my mom we saw the da vinci code instead. I'll just wait for it on dvd, though, because the next movie I'm going to is the omen. Also, I read on various superhero sits that the scene after the credits was something huge like a sentinel factory, sinister, or even apocalypse. Unfortunately my brother said this isn't so.

The_Return
05-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Tomorrow night and MAN am I excited!

Prelude95Si
05-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Freak
What was the end clip at the end of the credits of?

******Spoiler************
If you really want to know, Xavier takes over the body of the mutant that Morea was working with during the ethics lecture Xavier was giving. Basiclly its a cheap way to make-up for killing Xavier IMOP.

urgeok
05-30-2006, 08:59 PM
******Spoiler************
If you really want to know, Xavier takes over the body of the mutant that Morea was working with during the ethics lecture Xavier was giving. Basiclly its a cheap way to make-up for killing Xavier IMOP.

well, not really - they did shit like this all the time in the comic books .. kept killing off and bringing people back ...

in the comic universe anything goes .. cant fault the movie from following suit.

The_Return
05-31-2006, 05:57 PM
I just got back...I thought it was great. Here's the review I posted in Last Seen Movie:

Do not worry, this is a 100% spoiler free review...which is much harder than you'd think.

I'm a big fan of the X-Men in their various incarnations, be it the various cartoons, video games, comic books or, obviously, films. Though this doesn't quite live up to the first film, I think it easily surpasses #2, and I'm completely baffled by the people who've been saying it's the worst in the series.

I'll admit that I was a bit worried at first. The opening seemed really forced and the actors didn't seem as enthusiastic as they have been in the past films. However my mind was quickly changed after a huge shocker right off the bat. As promised , this review is spoiler free...but wow. Those of you who've seen the movie know what I'm talking about.

As I mentioned, the actors didn't seem as into their parts as they were in the previous installments. Once the film got on track however, this was mostly rectified. The only problem character-wise that lasted throughout the film was Wolverine. Until now, Hugh Jackman seemed born to play the role, and he pulled it off perfectly in the first two. Always on edge, blunt, sarcastic and almost feral. Here however, he seems much to sensitive. Perhaps this is more to blame on the writing, I suppose, but one scene in particular stands out that was totally out of character for him. Once again, spoiler free. Famke Janssen was dead-on as Phoenix, and made the character very cool.

The plot was handled great. I was a little afraid that a plot about a cure for "mutancy" would turn into a preachy mess, and although it does start out that way a balance is quickly found. The ending is pretty awesome as well, but if you don't want to groan Id avoid the scene after the credits.

The effects were incredible, as can be expected from any film with this kind of budget. Everyone bad mouths CGI, but damn does it look awesome when used well.

The new characters were great for the most part. I really liked the major characters of Magneto's Brotherhood: Juggernaut, Calisto and Spyke being the stand out new members. Pyro was as cool as ever, though I'd like to have seen a bit more of him. I was a little disappointed in the Omega Red cameo...the main thing he had going for him in the past was his kick-ass costume, take that away like they did here and he isn't all that great.

After it's all said and done, this is a great addition to a great series. It cant live up to #1, but it easily beats out X-2.

8.5/10

ItsAlive75
05-31-2006, 06:29 PM
I was a little disappointed in the Omega Red cameo...the main thing he had going for him in the past was his kick-ass costume, take that away like they did here and he isn't all that great.

Wait... when was Omega Red in the movie?

The_Return
06-01-2006, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Wait... when was Omega Red in the movie?

When Wolverine was infiltrating Magneto's camp, he was the dude that attacked him with the cracy throns coming out of his wrists. As I said, he's not much without the costume.

ItsAlive75
06-01-2006, 11:52 PM
When Wolverine was infiltrating Magneto's camp, he was the dude that attacked him with the cracy throns coming out of his wrists. As I said, he's not much without the costume.

But doesn't Omega Red look like this?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d7/Omega_Red_Cartoons.jpg

If it's the same guy I'll shut up, I just don't know much about the comics so I'm kinda in the dark.

_____V_____
06-02-2006, 02:13 AM
yes thats him, but in the movie he didnt have his red costume. He's one of X-Men's foes who has long tentacles coming out of either wrists, as a result of implantation, much like Wolverine's. He uses em for grappling or wrapping, and sucking the life force outta his foes.

The_Return
06-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
But doesn't Omega Red look like this?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d7/Omega_Red_Cartoons.jpg

Thats what Im saying...he didnt look right in the movie.

The STE
06-02-2006, 05:41 PM
That was supposed to be Omega Red? That sucks.
EDIT: That wasn't Omega Red, that was Spike (I thought it was, had to double check IMDB)

Anyways, with the current lineup, they could easily do the Days of Future Past story for the next movie. All they'd need to do is have Nightcrawler come back, and maybe have Iceman take off with Rogue, and the lineup would be exact (Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Colossus, and Angel)

Prelude95Si
06-02-2006, 05:44 PM
So basiclly they turned a major villian into a short hit and run. But honestly I don't remeber a guy with tallons in that scene. I'll have to go a watch it on DVD b/c all I remeber is the guy fireing stakes at Wolveriene.

But I think that this is a perfect example of how much stuff they tried to cram into this film. I mean even the Danger Room scene was ass! I mean really all this movie was about was lets see how much junk we can dump into this movie. Ex. Angel really small role, Beast never had his past explained which I think would have made more sense for the cure storyline, Juggernaunt being a mutant first off but his role was also super short, I felt that the Phoneix storyline was kinda there, it really didn't do much except cause another problem for the X-Men, I mean Wolveriene and friends.

Speaking of Phoneix, I might be off here but my understanding of the way the Phoneix story was progressing based on X1 & X2 the reason Jean started to have Phoneix powers in X2 was because of the events in X1. After Magneto's mechine is destroyed Jean is the only one who coughs and she looks "affected" by the event. Then in X2 Scott even says to Jean that she hasn't been the same since Liberty Island. So I thought that Phoneix was going to be the result of Magnetos mechine. I suppose you could argue that the mechine released the dorment Phoneix but I still had the feeling that this storyline was dropped.

Personaly the only good things I can say about this movie was the action, CGI, and when Iceman went all the way ice (that scene was bad ass!). Otherwise this film was very dissapointing.

The_Return
06-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by The STE
That was supposed to be Omega Red? That sucks.
EDIT: That wasn't Omega Red, that was Spike (I thought it was, had to double check IMDB)

Oh...well...I feel like an idiot.

But if that was Spike, who was the guy with Calisto?

_____V_____
06-02-2006, 09:02 PM
So do I. The guy with Callisto was Juggernaut.

The_Return
06-03-2006, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by _____V_____
So do I. The guy with Callisto was Juggernaut.

Hahahaha, now Im not that dumb. I meant the guy with spikes coming out of his face, I naturally assumed that was Spike.

_____V_____
06-03-2006, 08:55 AM
ohh...that chinese/jap looking guy? hmm...that could be Quill. He is referred to as Kid Omega in the movie, btw.

http://images.countingdown.com/images/countdowns/movies/2756437/1011/3855001_main.jpg

Miss Olivia
06-12-2006, 01:04 AM
Okay, I finally got to see this movie and I loved it!
Could it have been better? Yes.
Did I like the hell out of it anyway? Oh yeah.
Considering the last movie I saw in the theater was Silent Hill, this was a fucking masterpiece!