PDA

View Full Version : The End of the World

Dante'sInferno
02-27-2006, 05:47 PM
Just wanted to know what u guys think...i recently looked at a thread on imdb.com about this very subject....so i thought i would post it here....so tell me your opinion...on this.

RavageRitual
02-27-2006, 05:49 PM
I think, we will all burn to death because earth will someday become to close to the sun.

Posher778
02-27-2006, 05:53 PM
I could say my religious viewpoint on this, but at the risk of offending... Other than that ^, i think we'll end up destroying ourselves.

www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/endofworld.html

sabersword
02-27-2006, 06:20 PM
Well, any of you guys that have been loking at my posts sence december know my stand on my faith;and I have done a study on the end of the world. Now, I have no problem with offending anyone with the truth and no, the truth is NOT subjective however, this is a deep subject and at the moment I dont have time to get into it. It is a subject I love and if you guys really want to disscuss it,that would be grate.

Despare
02-27-2006, 06:27 PM
It'l be like a combination of all the descriptions from Revalations mixed with Armageddon, The Day After Tomorrow , and Independance Day. What does it matter though? If it's truly the end and nothing survives then whenever it happens... it happens. Personally I believe it will end according to the bible for the most part but who knows. Hopefully we don't find out if our opinions are right.

The STE
02-27-2006, 06:35 PM
http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/end.php

Dude Guadalupe
02-27-2006, 10:40 PM
I've heard mention of zombies......I like that.

Dude Guadalupe
02-27-2006, 10:43 PM
BTW

http://horror.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17707&highlight=apocalypse

sabersword
02-28-2006, 02:58 PM
I take some of my info from the revelation of st. John. The term(end of the world) is sort of missleading.Yes, the world will end but, it will not end untill after the thousand year reign of Jesues Christ. This is (after) the seven year tribulation on the earth and the fall of the antichrist. During the thousand years that Christ regins here,the world will be repopulated and all of the people born then will make a choice to have Christ rule over them or not,just like we now have that choice to make. Those that will not stand for Jesues and his salvation, will be cast into the lake of fire along with the devil.THEN, God the father will destroy the old earth,and the universe that he created and make all things new. That means a new earth, new stares,planets, everything. For the former things have passed away. Needless to say, this is the short form. The entire book of the revelation and all it has to say about the end times is very extensive and NOBODY has the time to get into it on any fourm. Now those of you that are offended by this, I am sorry but, as I have said, the truth is not subjective. There is no your truth or my truth,no matter what you have been tought. The truth is this; There is no other was to God the father except by Jesues Christ. That does not set well with a lot of people these days but, I can not help that.Search your hearts,ask God to show you the truth and he will. The end of days is an interesting subject.Would you guys like to talk about it more?

stubbornforgey
02-28-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by sabersword
Well, any of you guys that have been loking at my posts sence december know my stand on my faith;and I have done a study on the end of the world. Now, I have no problem with offending anyone with the truth and no, the truth is NOT subjective however, this is a deep subject and at the moment I dont have time to get into it. It is a subject I love and if you guys really want to disscuss it,that would be grate.

Your opinion maybe your truth.
I hate that line from religious people..
That ..well...my faith is the truth..
I would most definately like to get into this with you..its about time i had good debate with somebody .
Heres my rules...be open minded..no cussing...no name calling...no butting in..no online pasting back...remember ..the people who write these things beleive that what they say is 'the truth'.
No quoting ..
this is down to earth..one on one debating.
Despite how it may appear..
i do know the bible...from psalms through to revelations

lionels_mother
02-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Despare
It'l be like a combination of all the descriptions from Revalations mixed with Armageddon, The Day After Tomorrow , and Independance Day.

Brilliant... aliens, a new ice age and a big comet all at once! We be's fucked...

sabersword
02-28-2006, 03:56 PM
Hay stubborn, Ya, I would like to talk about this with you. Try to understand, for somthing to be considered true, you have to have an objective standered, or,everything is true or, nothing is true. We will get into this,it will be GRATE! But, first I have a vollyball game to win!

friday13thfan
02-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by RavageRitual
I think, we will all burn to death because earth will someday become to close to the sun.

i agree... or when the sun explodes any takes out the milky way galaxy and anything else it can

Dante'sInferno
02-28-2006, 05:00 PM
I hope it doesnt happen in our life time....cause that would suck..i havent even met anybody speacial yet.:(

MichaelMyers
02-28-2006, 05:10 PM
I take some of my info from the revelation of st. John. The term(end of the world) is sort of missleading.Yes, the world will end but, it will not end untill after the thousand year reign of Jesues Christ. This is (after) the seven year tribulation on the earth and the fall of the antichrist. During the thousand years that Christ regins here,the world will be repopulated and all of the people born then will make a choice to have Christ rule over them or not,just like we now have that choice to make. Those that will not stand for Jesues and his salvation, will be cast into the lake of fire along with the devil.THEN, God the father will destroy the old earth,and the universe that he created and make all things new. That means a new earth, new stares,planets, everything. For the former things have passed away. Needless to say, this is the short form. The entire book of the revelation and all it has to say about the end times is very extensive and NOBODY has the time to get into it on any fourm. Now those of you that are offended by this, I am sorry but, as I have said, the truth is not subjective. There is no your truth or my truth,no matter what you have been tought. The truth is this; There is no other was to God the father except by Jesues Christ. That does not set well with a lot of people these days but, I can not help that.Search your hearts,ask God to show you the truth and he will. The end of days is an interesting subject.Would you guys like to talk about it more?

You tell those secular humanists!

VampiricClown
02-28-2006, 05:54 PM
"End Of The World"

Everyone came around here
Everyone else got sick
And watched the clock tickin' slowly
Everyone knew the ending
Opened a bag of tricks
And stumbled over their own
They blew minds away
Sort of the cripplin just like thunder
And it's gone today
I'm so happy that it's on

It's the end of the world

Well it's far away
In a hurricane, twisting slowly
Now it's gone today
I'm so happy that it's on

It's the end of the world

My world, my love, my gun

Now I'm all alone
Kept the pain inside
Wanna torch the world
Cause I'm breathin fire

My world, my love, my gun

sabersword
02-28-2006, 07:35 PM
Michael Myers, awww dude, I am not trying to start any crap here.Secular humanists or whatever. This is a debate.Friendly, nothing more. I will make this as plain as I can.I belive what I belive.YOU,(meaning anyone on this fourm) do NOT have to belive what I belive. However, I am a member here and all I ask is a little respect.Now, as far as I am conserned,anyone who wants to join the debate may, as long as Stubbornforgey says its ok.Ok?

MichaelMyers
02-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Michael Myers, awww dude, I am not trying to start any crap here.Secular humanists or whatever. This is a debate.Friendly, nothing more. I will make this as plain as I can.I belive what I belive.YOU,(meaning anyone on this fourm) do NOT have to belive what I belive. However, I am a member here and all I ask is a little respect.Now, as far as I am conserned,anyone who wants to join the debate may, as long as Stubbornforgey says its ok.Ok?

An open discussion of religious and spiritual belief is a good thing, IMHO. However, when such a discussion stops being about a free exchange of ideas and thoughts, and turns into one person making the other feel as if their beliefs have less or no validity, then that crosses the line.

ItsAlive75
02-28-2006, 08:58 PM
If I die, I want it to be by zombie.

bloodrayne
03-01-2006, 12:50 AM
:cool:

SKOOFx
03-01-2006, 08:49 AM
^
AWESOME IMAGE RAYNE!

PS- Yeah, if the world HAD to end. I would prefer a zombie apocolypse.

At least i can prolong my life before it ended. Maybe even by a few years...Just roam from place to place...do whatever I wanted with the people i'm with.
Sounds like alot of fun.

Think about it.

If the world was going to end and we had a choice...1 horrible event that ended it all...or a slow process which enables you to live one last time in a world erased of all that you have been taught.

Its Great!

The Flayed One
03-01-2006, 08:59 AM
Bloodrayne, I must yoink that picture from you.

If you guys are going to have a well educated debate, then by all means I'll be happy to join in. I'll wait and see how it starts.

scouse mac
03-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Rogue blackhole travelling thru our solar system tearing the Earth apart. Thats how it will all come to an end. As much as the prospect appeals to me, a wave of zombie flesh eaters aint going to be it!

newb
03-01-2006, 09:09 AM
bird flu

scouse mac
03-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by newb
bird flu

Yeah, but us blokes will be alright though!

Zero
03-01-2006, 10:32 AM
That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, an aeroplane -
Lenny Bruce is not afraid. Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn -
world serves its own needs, don't misserve your own needs. Feed it up a knock,
speed, grunt no, strength no. Ladder structure clatter with fear of height,
down height. Wire in a fire, represent the seven games in a government for
hire and a combat site. Left her, wasn't coming in a hurry with the furies
breathing down your neck. Team by team reporters baffled, trump, tethered
crop. Look at that low plane! Fine then. Uh oh, overflow, population,
common group, but it'll do. Save yourself, serve yourself. World serves its
own needs, listen to your heart bleed. Tell me with the rapture and the
reverent in the right - right. You vitriolic, patriotic, slam, fight, bright
light, feeling pretty psyched.

It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in foreign tower. Slash and burn,
return, listen to yourself churn. Lock him in uniform and book burning,
blood letting. Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate. Light a candle,
light a motive. Step down, step down. Watch a heel crush, crush. Uh oh,
this means no fear - cavalier. Renegade and steer clear! A tournament,
a tournament, a tournament of lies. Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives
and I decline.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

The other night I tripped a nice continental drift divide. Mount St. Edelite.
Leonard Bernstein. Leonid Breshnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester Bangs.
Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean, boom! You symbiotic, patriotic,
slam, but neck, right? Right.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine...fine...

(It's time I had some time alone)

Haunted
03-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Eschatology rulz!

I've read Revelations so many times... Objectively, it'd make a really good movie, but not one I'd go see. You Abrahamic types can have your bottomless pit, your demons, and your megalomaniac type deity person. However, as a Witch, I'll be sitting with the Goddess, drinking a cosmopolitan or maybe doing tequila shots, laughing at all of you "cork-smokers" for taking your selves that seriously.

Being objective doesn't mean that I have to agree with you. I live in the Bible belt, man, and I've read and heard this mumbo jumbo all before. It still sounds like someone wrote down a bad LCD trip to me.

Oh yeah, as Rayne quoted: You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. -The Eagles, Hotel California. This place is a godamn vortex of insanity, and I just can't stay away. Maybe I'm just a pussy. I don't know.

Speaking of California... I love that little end of the world cartoon. The first time I saw it, like a couple of years ago, I couldn't stop saying, "But I am le tired."

Hell yeah, Zero. Hell yeah. Do you remember the moment that you realized you knew the lyrics?

Oh, I forgot to tell how I think the world will end...

I actually don't know. I honestly don't care, because it's inevitable. I don't think that it will end just with us humans. We've got another massextinction going on or about to start. We're going to be kicked out of the Darwinian chain sooner or later. Then some other species will rise to the top, cycle cycle, process process. The core of the planet will freeze, the sun will flicker out like a cheap lightbulb, some sexy hot dude will summon a meteor from space (which is fine provided that I get to have "biblical relations" with him first). We'll be nailed by some other type of asteroid, or we'll blow ourselves to hell in the name of god and world peace. It's a big toss up. Unfortunately for most of you, I doubt that zombies will be factored in the equation, but I might be wrong.

stubbornforgey
03-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Hay stubborn, Ya, I would like to talk about this with you. Try to understand, for somthing to be considered true, you have to have an objective standered, or,everything is true or, nothing is true. We will get into this,it will be GRATE! But, first I have a vollyball game to win!

LOL...men and thier priorities ..

My bestfreind dumps me mid conversation
for his sailing lessons the wank.
But hey..em all for it .
Name the place..method..time...
Lets rock
and yes ..em very objective.

Haunted
03-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Okay, I reread my last post. While I stand by everything I said, I realize that it does sound a bit rude. My only excuse for that is because I live in the South, and I have to put up with that crap every damn day. My tolerance is wearing really thin. Just bare with me.

Poo-nuts
Double poo-nuts!

Posher778
03-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by The STE
http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/end.php

Beat ya to it.

Posher778
03-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by bloodrayne

ummm... if that's what i think its supposed to be... not cool... sure you can have your opinions and beliefs but that was a little extreme.

Haunted
03-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Oh, now, Posher. Don't wet your panties. It's a horror forum; possibly one of the few places where "blasphemy" is just a cool word to bang around. Don't be offended. Just roll with it, babe.

Posher778
03-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Haunted
Oh, now, Posher. Don't wet your panties. It's a horror forum; possibly one of the few places where "blasphemy" is just a cool word to bang around. Don't be offended. Just roll with it, babe.

It offended me, but i'm not freaking out or anything, after all, i am the one who joined by my own free will anyway... Curseee you addictive free forumsss.

Haunted
03-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Right-o, man, right-o!:)

Elvis_Christ
03-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Christainity will have a big part in destroying the world.

sabersword
03-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Hay stubborn, ok, vollyball game won, just finished up ash wednesday, and I am ready to go. What would you like to debate?

sabersword
03-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Haunted, you cool girl.

Despare
03-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
Christainity will have a big part in destroying the world.

As will Atheism or any other religion. People will use whatever excuse they can to do whatever they want. I'm a Christian and I've seen things happen where I honestly think people were hiding behind the church and pretending to be something they weren't in order to get away with something. It's like the incarcerated (sp) killer who suddenly "finds God" and doesn't feel he deserves to die. If you think that any religion, belief, or theory is too sacred to be used simply for somebody's self serving purpouses you're naive. People suck. People will do horrible things. People will do anything to get away with or justify the horrible things they've done.

sabersword
03-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Wow despare, what can you say to that? People suck? Ya, ok.But, there are some good ones too. Met some right here on this fourm.Speeking of, has anyone seen stubbornforgey?

Despare
03-01-2006, 06:06 PM
There are very good people, people who really believe in what they claim. There are also people who make a mockery of what other good people do believe in for their own personal gain. People don't suck, some people suck and unfortuanatly they make a lot of people with good intentions look bad.

noctuary
03-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Here's a site for all of you people that like to ponder on the end of it all, like me.

Exit Mundi (http://www.exitmundi.nl)

My favorites are the slow and miserable ends, such as the Borg, the Big Expansion, and Climate Shift. Actually, now that I think about it, the Borg are pretty awesome. I could think of worse ends.

sabersword
03-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Ya, welcome to the real world man.

Despare
03-01-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm not saying I'm surprised or even dissapointed I was simply stating a fact. I wasn't "living in a fantasy land" or anything I simply stated that a lot of people hide behind false pretenses and no matter what leads to the eventual end of it all, it will be "justified" somehow IF it's mankinds' fault.

BTW Noctuary... cool site!

HappyCamper
03-01-2006, 07:38 PM
I think we will all die from starvation and hypotherma. I believe instead of the earth moving closer to the sun, earth will move farther away from it. Causing plants to be unable to survive, which in turn will starve animals to death in turn which will lead to humans having no food supply left. Worse than that though, all sources of water will freeze. Besides that the temperatures will drop so low at some point, that we will freeze to death instantly, if we haven't starved to death first.

bloodrayne
03-01-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Posher778
ummm... if that's what i think its supposed to be... not cool... sure you can have your opinions and beliefs but that was a little extreme. Well, I'm not sure what 'you think' it's supposed to be...But, I can tell you what it IS supposed to be...

This thread explores the possibilities of apocalypse...What different people think may happen in the end...The image I posted is an amalgamation of those thoughts...

Consider the atomic blast, many people believe that nuclear war is what will ultimately be the end...

However...The bible says that Jesus will return to claim those who are worthy of heaven when the end comes...

If ya think about it...The picture seems to ask...What if both theories are correct?...Maybe this picture should simply be called "Bad Timing"

I hope that didn't make it worse

I seriously had no intention of making a religious statement of ANY sort...Just thought the picture was pretty cool...

Dante'sInferno
03-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Holy shit! We really are gonna die!!!

I hope im 80 before the bombs are dropped.:(

Haunted
03-02-2006, 07:09 AM

I seriously had no intention of making a religious statement of ANY sort...Just thought the picture was pretty cool...

And it was. Haunted loiks skellingtons...a-har!

I like the idea of bad timing. It would be a laugh a minute for those of us who refuse to get involved in this whole Armegedon crap. No offense to those of you who do. Just don't ask me to be anyone's cheerleader.

Oh, and Sabersword, you do realize that when you called me a "cool person" that you were speaking to a diabolical-new agey witchy type person?

Here's my theory: Christians and Pagans should stop fighting and gang up on the Scientologists. We could get together and burn Tom Cruise at the stake.

Also, I'm not worried about offending any Scientologists on this forum, because none of us, no matter how financially sound our economic skills are, seem truly wealthy enough to be Scientologists.

If ever I lose sixty pounds a become a Scientologist (like some former Cheers star we know) one of you, S, Rayne, Cheeba, IA, Newb, etc. please come and shoot me in the face.

Soloman Kane
03-02-2006, 08:20 AM
All of the fat that people lose will come back in the form of huge animated piles of goo. It will be very angery begin eating people & getting bigger. Soon there will be no one left accept for lots & lots of empty clothes. Already if you listen the fat murmers to itself on the wind.. :p It's angery with all of us so put the cupcake down... Now!! :eek:

Despare
03-02-2006, 08:24 AM
I saw that pic and didn't think anything religious was really insteaded, I don't see a bad view of it really. Jesus got blown up so his flesh melted but he couldn't be killed so he's just walking around (and apparently laughing)? Anyway, as far as zombies go, that would be the most fun for sure. What a battle we would have!

The Flayed One
03-02-2006, 09:09 AM
Oh, the zombies will come. It says so in the book of Romero, and is later reinforced in the book of Fulci. We can beg and plead and go door to door, warning the hethans who like different kinds of movies. We can give them pamphlets preaching of the cobalt blue steel of the 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. (S-Marts top of the line.) In the end, when we're mowing down the gut-gobling parasites in a blood splatter frenzy, they'll know they were wrong. Thus, they will be smitten with a mighty head chomp, and the gnashing of teeth upon their innards.

stubbornforgey
03-02-2006, 09:10 AM
Wow despare, what can you say to that? People suck? Ya, ok.But, there are some good ones too. Met some right here on this fourm.Speeking of, has anyone seen stubbornforgey?

Yups..here i am .
Our time zones are out of whack..as i would figure that right now...its 6.50 am
nz time.
(my opening arguement)

The world is not going to end 'as widely suggested' ..only life thats in existence..not due to any heavenly creature..but by man himself.
Man is his own nemisis and will eventually be the reason for his own demise.
Every disaster that has happened to date is caused by mens thirst for knowledge and thier constant dig for answers to things they do not understand.
Is there a god..??I do not know and in all honesty..there is not a soul out there who can say defiantly ..that there
is.

sabersword
03-02-2006, 02:39 PM
Good start Stubborn. I will speak from a strict christan point of view. First things first; you say you do not know if there is a God or not, I applaud your honasty.I can assure you that there is. Look at it this way, nothing can come from nothing. If God did not exist, there could be nothing.I have been in this long enough to know why people are so resistant to God, sence I once was myself. I find people are not generly willing to be introspective and be honest about there own motives.We belive that our lives belong to ourselfs and we can do what we wish with them.Or, if we allow ourselfs to belive in a creator,that will interfear with our sexual morays,or some people are afrade of the judgment of a holy God. And they should.

Haunted
03-02-2006, 04:00 PM
No no! We can't discuss faith with the predetermined belief that we are right. If you do that, you don't ALLOW for discussion. If I were to be honest and argue from that perspective I'd say something like, "I believe in God; we just don't talk. I'm a Momma's girl. When I pray at night, I don't pray to the intermediate, I pray to his Boss, The Goddess."

However, I'm not debating from the perspective that I'm right. So, I'm not going to say that.

Also, try to use your debate to educate not convert. Conversion discussions are tacky.

Posher778
03-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Well, I'm not sure what 'you think' it's supposed to be...But, I can tell you what it IS supposed to be...

This thread explores the possibilities of apocalypse...What different people think may happen in the end...The image I posted is an amalgamation of those thoughts...

Consider the atomic blast, many people believe that nuclear war is what will ultimately be the end...

However...The bible says that Jesus will return to claim those who are worthy of heaven when the end comes...

If ya think about it...The picture seems to ask...What if both theories are correct?...Maybe this picture should simply be called "Bad Timing"

I hope that didn't make it worse

It's no big deal or anything, just kinda made me go "hey what the... " for a second. >over it.

:D

stubbornforgey
03-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Good start Stubborn. I will speak from a strict christan point of view. First things first; you say you do not know if there is a God or not, I applaud your honasty.I can assure you that there is. Look at it this way, nothing can come from nothing. If God did not exist, there could be nothing.I have been in this long enough to know why people are so resistant to God, sence I once was myself. I find people are not generly willing to be introspective and be honest about there own motives.We belive that our lives belong to ourselfs and we can do what we wish with them.Or, if we allow ourselfs to belive in a creator,that will interfear with our sexual morays,or some people are afrade of the judgment of a holy God. And they should.

Try speaking from your own point of veiw.
For somebody religious to fall back on quotes from the bible or words that were supposedly spoken by the apostles..tells me that they cannot speak for themselves or do not know how to.
In pointing out that we came from nothing and that we should be afraid of the creator is once again heading in the direction of how some religions misinterperate the meaning of life and as to how to became about.
From what i hear preached on a daily basis is...god is love...god gave his only
begotten son so that we could all survive..god is for everyone.
And yet...(heres the contridiction)..
religions also preach..if your bad..you will go to hell...if your weak...you will be left behind...if you don't beleive in god..you will again go straight to hell.
If you do not follow the laws of the bible...you will go to hell also.
So em asking you this..
Are these the words of god or are these the words of religion who interpreted what they believe had been written. ?

sabersword
03-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Stubborn, it goes like this. (my apologies to haunted) God,being perfect,ie sinless, is offended by sin. Sin is anything that goes agenst the nature of God. Now,as humans, in our fallen nature, we have no way to attone for those sins no matter what you do.In order to bring us back into union with God, there had to be a sacrafice,a perfect sacrafice and no one in this world can qualify as perfect, right? So god sent his son to die in our place and pay the price that we could not pay. There is only one thing one must to to be in union with God, belive that Christ is the son of God. I am sorry Haunted,if it were possible for me to relate this information any other way I would. You are a pagen? That ok, so was I at one time. Now, Stubborn, how do you fill the end will come?

bloodrayne
03-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Stubborn, it goes like this. (my apologies to haunted) God,being perfect,ie sinless, is offended by sin. Sin is anything that goes agenst the nature of God. Now,as humans, in our fallen nature, we have no way to attone for those sins no matter what you do.In order to bring us back into union with God, there had to be a sacrafice,a perfect sacrafice and no one in this world can qualify as perfect, right? So god sent his son to die in our place and pay the price that we could not pay. There is only one thing one must to to be in union with God, belive that Christ is the son of God. I am sorry Haunted,if it were possible for me to relate this information any other way I would. You are a pagen? That ok, so was I at one time. Now, Stubborn, how do you fill the end will come? But...God is omnipotent, right?...And God makes all the rules...So, God was the one that decided that no one could get in unless his son was sacrificed for them....

Seems a little sadistic to me...

sabersword
03-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Yes Bloodrayne, God is perfect Seemes sadistic ya, I guess, but the price of salvation is blood. One for the many. And, oh, by the way, thanks for letting me sound off like this, this kind of debate is a lot of fun for me.

bloodrayne
03-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Yes Bloodrayne, God is perfect Seemes sadistic ya, I guess, but the price of salvation is blood. One for the many. And, oh, by the way, thanks for letting me sound off like this, this kind of debate is a lot of fun for me. Meh...We do this here all the time...We have at LEAST 100 threads like this, without exaggerating...

We have also discussed abortion, politics, homosexuality, gay marriage, war, drug legalization and pretty much EVERY 'sensitive' subject you can imagine...Over and over again....

Haunted
03-03-2006, 05:43 AM
You know, the whole idea behind transubstantiation is gross. Eat this wafer, piece of bread, etc it's the body of Jesus. No thanks. Haunted is not a cannibal. Here, girlie, drink this wine, grape juice, red cool-aide, etc; it's Jesus' blood. Not being a vampire, that just isn't appealing.

Look, it goes like THIS. Faith is something that is deeply personal. You can't look me in the eye and tell me that your way is totally the ONLY way. Why? Because ultimately, you have only faith. Faith ain't fact. We honestly just don't ultimately know for a 100% what's going down beyond the stratosphere.

So where do we go from that? Experience. I dare you. I double dog dare you. I tripple dog dare you to tell me that your experiences as a Christian are more valid and more real than my experiences as a devotee of The Morrighan, Witchcraft, and all around spiritual life.

Just recently I lay on a hospital bed with doctors telling me that I might not live through the night. Scared the shit out of me. However, I felt the presence of the Goddess. She never left my side. I spent that night in constant prayer to Her. Not only did I survive, but I suffered no organ damage. I came out of there as healthy as I did before I went in.

Now, you're going to tell me that my experience wasn't real? What've you got to show for that? A book? More importantly, a book written by people? There are a lot of liturgical books out there, and most of them pre-date the Bible by a long shot. What makes them less valid? Those folks believe their books and doctrines were divine inspiration. Are you going to tell them that they're full of shit? What makes you so gd right? (I used the initials "gd" out of respect to you).

Honey, unless you can come to terms with the fact you cannot say that your experiences are more valid than mine, all you're going to be doing is expressing your faith as I just did or being really out of touch with the world around you. Neither one of these are conducive for debating.

Elvis_Christ
03-03-2006, 05:54 AM
If ever I lose sixty pounds a become a Scientologist (like some former Cheers star we know) one of you, S, Rayne, Cheeba, IA, Newb, etc. please come and shoot me in the face. [/B]

No one suspects the king.

Haunted
03-03-2006, 06:08 AM
You're like a "stranger in the night." :D You'll meet me on a dark street, right? I'll be lookin' hot after that sixty pounds (imo). You sure you're up for it?;)

Ah silliness!

Zero
03-03-2006, 06:52 AM
No no! We can't discuss faith with the predetermined belief that we are right.

i always have the predetermined belief that i'm right. . . and I always AM!

Haunted
03-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Zero
i always have the predetermined belief that i'm right. . . and I always AM!

Goddess, help us all.:rolleyes:

:D

stubbornforgey
03-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Stubborn, it goes like this. (my apologies to haunted) God,being perfect,ie sinless, is offended by sin. Sin is anything that goes agenst the nature of God. Now,as humans, in our fallen nature, we have no way to attone for those sins no matter what you do.In order to bring us back into union with God, there had to be a sacrafice,a perfect sacrafice and no one in this world can qualify as perfect, right? So god sent his son to die in our place and pay the price that we could not pay. There is only one thing one must to to be in union with God, belive that Christ is the son of God. I am sorry Haunted,if it were possible for me to relate this information any other way I would. You are a pagen? That ok, so was I at one time. Now, Stubborn, how do you fill the end will come?

You have no arguement..
all your doing is quoting a sermon.
Em looking for a discussion on open mindness and acutal point of veiw.
We can sit here all day and speak of 'god' and what he was supposedly had
said or done.
As my opening arguement stated..
I don't beleive the world is going to end..only life thats in existence on earth will.
What we make of our lives NOW..is how we are deemed to either perish or survive.
Not through the hand of a spiritual being..but by our own hands..(em not talking suicide).
Example...because of mans almighty quest for improvement and technology..
and our main source of vanity..our ozone layer has all but (global warming) disappeared..which has caused the top of the world ..where ice had been frozen for millions of years ..to melt.
Believe it or not..there is enough ice there to drown a better portion of the planet.
The trees that we depend on for oxygen is being cut down to build expensive houses to once again .feed the greed of man.
People have turned thier beliefs into things that are to be feared..
the muslims and thier 'god' who destroy those who do not beleive..
They are just an example of why i truly believe that 'god' doesnt exist..but men use the name to strike fear in the hearts of non believers as that is thier way of compensating for all the wrong they are doing and the killing of innocent ppl.
We make our own heaven and hell by how we live ...in our own standards.

scouse mac
03-03-2006, 12:54 PM
There are good people who do good things and there are bad people who do bad things, but religion is the only way to get good people to do bad things (Im paraphrasing like a son o bitch cos cant fully remember this quote)

Anyway, all this will be irrelevant when a giant asteroid crashes into our beloved Earth and destroys all life in May 2102

sabersword
03-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi Haunted. I have the odd feeling that you think I am attacking you personally. Let me assure you that I am not. Nor, am I making light of your faith. I get that a lot and I know how much that hurts. So, you would like some valid experience in my christian life? What would you except as valid? As far as transubstantiation goes, what can I say, it is what it is. I do however like the consept.Um, I am not trying to argue these points, just trying to say what I belive. I can only show you the changes that have happend in my life and what they mean to me.

Haunted
03-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Saber, you're not offending me at all. What I'm trying to do is to help you understand how to talk about your faith in a way that doesn't put people off. You've gotta learn to express yourself without trying to convince.

I realize that Christianity desires to spread "the good news." That's fine. However, there's totally a time and place for it. Horror.com is definitely not the place. I think that you understand that, but you can't express yourself without trying to witness.

I used to have a difficult go at talking about my faith, even as a Pagan. By the time I graduated uni, I was expected to KNOW HOW. My professors drilled that into me, because I was somewhat militant. So, I'm just giving you a few pointers here and there.

It's tough, but I think you're getting the swing of it.

You don't have to validate your faith to me.:) Remember when Jesus was in the dessert and Satan was trying to get him to validate his faith? What did he say? "I will not test the Lord my God," I think it was. Same stands for me. I don't have to validate my faith. I know the Goddess is with me. It's all good.

sabersword
03-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Haunted, WHAT, you militant, say it isnt so! Ya, ok, I see your point. Now, we were going to debate;well lets pick a subject. Its a lot easer for me to focus on one subject at a time. You know us guys can not multi task.

Thomasgeorge
03-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Read the sun and it said a comet is hitting us

Soloman Kane
03-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Saber, you're not offending me at all. What I'm trying to do is to help you understand how to talk about your faith in a way that doesn't put people off. You've gotta learn to express yourself without trying to convince.

I realize that Christianity desires to spread "the good news." That's fine. However, there's totally a time and place for it. Horror.com is definitely not the place. I think that you understand that, but you can't express yourself without trying to witness.

I used to have a difficult go at talking about my faith, even as a Pagan. By the time I graduated uni, I was expected to KNOW HOW. My professors drilled that into me, because I was somewhat militant. So, I'm just giving you a few pointers here and there.

It's tough, but I think you're getting the swing of it.

You don't have to validate your faith to me.:) Remember when Jesus was in the dessert and Satan was trying to get him to validate his faith? What did he say? "I will not test the Lord my God," I think it was. Same stands for me. I don't have to validate my faith. I know the Goddess is with me. It's all good. NAWWW just burn Tom Cruise at the stake & piss off L Ron Hubbard:p

Haunted
03-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Isn't L. Ron dead? I do agree with burning Tom Cruise at the stake. I'd like to try and reprogram John Travolta first... before anything hasty.

stubbornforgey
03-04-2006, 01:41 PM
i was reading 'the changes in my life'
Has it ever occured to you that the changes you have made in your life should have nothing to do with your religion.?
All it takes is for somebody towake up one day and say ..enough is enough..I need to make some positive changes or else ..blah blah blah.
To be told that only god can help you is wrong ..from my point of veiw..its up to the individual themselves..especially when it comes to an action on your behalf that affects those around you.
Also ..to my knowledge..christians do not
join horror forums as they depict or
glamourise the existance of satan via zombie movies ..ghosts..etc.
Just a thought.

bloodrayne
03-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by stubbornforgey
to my knowledge..christians do not
join horror forums as they depict or
glamourise the existance of satan via zombie movies ..ghosts..etc.
Just a thought. Nah...There are actually quite a few christians here....All christians (like all people) are not alike...They aren't all completely close-minded...Just like not all Muslims are terrorists.....Etcetera....

There are good and bad people in every religion.......Just as there are good and bad people in general...

sabersword
03-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Hay stub, I dont know, Some people may be able to change things in there life by sheer will,and, as a wiccan, you should know all about will. (One of the first things I learnd about when I was in the oldest religion.) However, I see all thing in the will of God. As far as christians joining horror fourms, what can I say, unless you are unstable to begin with, I think it does no harm.

bloodrayne
03-04-2006, 02:55 PM
horror fourms, what can I say, unless you are unstable to begin with, I think it does no harm. heh...If we weren't unstable...This wouldn't be NEARLY as much fun :p

sabersword
03-04-2006, 02:55 PM
ooops, sorry stub, wrong person. Its Haunted thats the wiccan, not you. Hay, you get to be my age your lucky you can remeber to shower without your shoes

Haunted
03-04-2006, 03:12 PM
heh...If we weren't unstable...This wouldn't be NEARLY as much fun :p

Ain't that the truth?