PDA

View Full Version : scream4

texaschainSAW17
02-23-2006, 05:15 PM
so since scream 4 was supossed to come out in january
it was a rumor?

Posher778
02-23-2006, 05:20 PM
This is really starting to get on my nerves...............................

SEARCH for threads ALREADY on this topic before you make a new thread! It ISNT hard.:mad:

And i'm pretty sure it isn't coming out in friggin january.... since its february.

InkMonster
02-24-2006, 10:26 AM
Fuck Scream! That franchise ruined the slasher genre for almost a decade!!!

Posher778
02-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by InkMonster
Fuck Scream! That franchise ruined the slasher genre for almost a decade!!!

you have serious problems. scream redefined the genre. and there was nothing wrong with that movie, you just arent open minded enough to enjoy it apparently.

InkMonster
02-25-2006, 08:11 AM
The only problem I have is with teeny-bopper slasher flicks.

Posher778
02-25-2006, 09:10 AM
So why irk scream... since its the original teen slasher...

InkMonster
02-25-2006, 09:24 AM
O.k...

I enjoyed the Scream trilogy and have seen them many times. What i don't like is the floodgates this movie opened up in hollywood. All of a sudden we get I know what you did last summer, Urban Legends, Scary movie, Cursed...all the way up to the Stranger calls remake. All watered down 14A kiddie flicks.
I respect Wes Craven and I understand what he was doing with Scream. I just hate the backlash. I grew up in the 80s watching all the horror films I could. I am still under the impression that slasher flicks shouldn't be funny, family affairs. When my 11 year old daughter can go to "When a stranger calls" and not be the least but scared..then the movie has failed. It's all Hollywood moneymaking bullshit. It isn't nescessary to remake classic horror films for pre-teens. They should be able to go and find the originals and not have to be force-fed watered down crap. I realize Hollywood is trying to reach the pre-teen set because that is where they make the money.
Horror movies are not supposed to be safe.

The STE
02-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Scream isn't the problem. The problem is all the people who tried to mimic its success without any clue as to what made it good OR successful (see also: my coments in the "Se7en and Saw" thread)

Posher778
02-25-2006, 09:27 AM
I agree with STE. Scream almost didn't make it, but thank God it did...

By the way, the when a stranger calls remake wasn't that awful, just really, REALLY, slow getting into it, but it has some good suspense.

Cursed was more of a... Scream is to Halloween as Cursed is to American werewolf in london type of thing. Just a fun movie, so if you were looking to be scared... yeah you would hate it.

InkMonster
02-25-2006, 09:36 AM
You said it, man!

Really, really, reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally slow!
The actual attack on the babysitter almost saved the flick.

Posher778
02-25-2006, 09:39 AM
I enjoyed the whole movie actually, but the ending was jump out galore..

Yellow Jacket
02-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Posher778
you have serious problems. scream redefined the genre. and there was nothing wrong with that movie, you just arent open minded enough to enjoy it apparently.

Just because he doesn't like Scream (though he did say he did afterwards, just didn't like the backlash of it), doesn't mean he has problems. Everybody has their opinion, and if he feels that Scream ruined the slasher genre, then so be it! That's his opinion! I for one liked Scream, but don't think it was as great as people hyped it up to be. And I hated GhostFace! That stupid motherfucker!

Thomasgeorge
02-25-2006, 03:54 PM
Neve campell wont be in it

Posher778
02-25-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket
Just because he doesn't like Scream (though he did say he did afterwards, just didn't like the backlash of it), doesn't mean he has problems. Everybody has their opinion, and if he feels that Scream ruined the slasher genre, then so be it! That's his opinion! I for one liked Scream, but don't think it was as great as people hyped it up to be. And I hated GhostFace! That stupid motherfucker!

...And my opinion was that he had problems ;) . And The Great Neve Campbell might be in it, its still undecided.

Yellow Jacket
02-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Posher778
...And my opinion was that he had problems ;) .

LMAO!!!

The_Return
02-25-2006, 11:55 PM
You know, I really should watch Scream. Ive honestly never seen any of them, only part of the first on TV.

slasherman
02-26-2006, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by The_Return
You know, I really should watch Scream. Ive honestly never seen any of them, only part of the first on TV.
Scream 1 and 3 are pretty good popcorn parody/slasher/tribute movies

Posher778
02-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Scream 1 is an excellent movie, but you HAVE to be open minded about it while watching. And... listen to the dialogue. "It's sooo eerie sidney! like something out of a wes carpenter flick!"