PDA

View Full Version : Typing

The_Return
02-21-2006, 02:17 PM
I have to ask: Why are some of you some damn lazy when it comes to typing? I can name 3-4 perfectly good members here whose posts I often skip simply due to their childish style of typing. Little or no punctuation, blantant spelling errors, no capital letters, idiotic internet abreviations, "Lol" for example. Annoys me to no end! I can post a list of who in particular Im talking about, but Im sure you know who you are.

The STE
02-21-2006, 02:19 PM
omg, ur so rite, lol

Posher778
02-21-2006, 02:25 PM
i hope you arent talking about me. i say lol a lot, but it's just because of AIM instinct i guess. i'm a decent speller though.

The_Return
02-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Posher778
i hope you arent talking about me. i say lol a lot, but it's just because of AIM instinct i guess. i'm a decent speller though.

You aren't the worst offender, but yes I'm talking about you. Would it hurt you to use capitals once in awhile? Outside of this thread you dont use alot of punctuation, either...

Posher778
02-21-2006, 02:31 PM
well, we don't have to use punctuation, especially caps. i type with my keyboard on my knees, with my knees propped up, and its hard to hit shift and a letter. sounds lazy but thats actually true. it's not that big of a deal though.

The_Return
02-21-2006, 02:33 PM
No, not a big deal. No offence, but it just makes you look dumb.

The STE
02-21-2006, 02:42 PM
ya, u tell em retrn lol

The_Return
02-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Before Sam gets the idea of bumping a thread from my early days, I must admit that I once typed this same way. I slowly began to realize that it looked terrible, and started putting English class to good use.

Posher778
02-21-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by The STE
ya, u tell em retrn lol

Whether doing it on purpose or not, you still saying it!!!

ItsAlive75
02-21-2006, 02:56 PM
If I want people to take my nonsense seriously, I usually assume that proper grammar is necessary.

But sometimes I'll muddle it up just for the fuck of it... or if I'm drunk.

Posher778
02-21-2006, 02:59 PM
Well, its hard to take the phrase "for the fuck of it" seriously, in my case.

The STE
02-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Whether doing it on purpose or not, you still saying it!!!

i dont no wut u mean by taht1!111 omg wtf

ItsAlive75
02-21-2006, 03:02 PM

I'm not getting on your case, nor am I defending you. Calm down.

Posher778
02-21-2006, 03:02 PM
STFU LMFAO

I used to know a girl who, when you imed her saying hey what's up, she would reply with

N2MHYDIDJFTSLC!

(nothin too much how you doing i'm doin just fine thanks so let's chat.) damn it annoyed me.

The_Return
02-21-2006, 03:05 PM

See? How hard was that?

The STE
02-21-2006, 03:06 PM
STFU LMFAO

I used to know a girl who, when you imed her saying hey what's up, she would reply with

N2MHYDIDJFTSLC!

(nothin too much how you doing i'm doin just fine thanks so let's chat.) damn it annoyed me.

You should've replied GFYSWABRD

ItsAlive75
02-21-2006, 03:09 PM

I'll bite. What's it mean?

The_Return
02-21-2006, 03:10 PM

Go Fuck Yourself With a Big, Rotten Dowel?

Posher778
02-21-2006, 03:10 PM
I guessed the first part was go fuck yourself

The STE
02-21-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
Go Fuck Yourself With a Big, Rotten Dowel?

close. Go Fuck Yourself With A Big Rubber Dick

stubbornforgey
02-21-2006, 03:57 PM
damn straight ..:D

iSee the thng is (comma)
we have become lazy (fullstop)
Its all got to do with todays society and thier technology (comma)..texting for a good example.
And besides (comma) who really has the
time to be word perfect (fullstop)
I sure as hell don(apostrophe)t..(fullstop)

filmmaker2
02-21-2006, 04:07 PM
yeh

U ALL SUK
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FREDDY JASON AND MICHAEL MIERS RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and for good measure,

NINERS DUDE!

Posher778
02-21-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by filmmaker2
yeh

U ALL SUK
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FREDDY JASON AND MICHAEL MIERS RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and for good measure,

NINERS DUDE!

well... he finally lost it... that or he found more coffee... again.

Yellow Jacket
02-21-2006, 04:43 PM
I do agree with The_Return on this one. I know grammar isn't anything on this site, but it'd be nice to see some of it used. If you have a typo like I do, you don't have to change it (unless its a major typo).

Now we're did i tup me dicktshownary! :p

newb
02-21-2006, 04:44 PM
well, we don't have to use punctuation, especially caps. i type with my keyboard on my knees, with my knees propped up, and its hard to hit shift and a letter. sounds lazy but thats actually true. it's not that big of a deal though.

Dude...buy a desk.

Posher778
02-21-2006, 04:46 PM
i have a desk dude, i'm just lazy. That's just how I always sit.

The_Return
02-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket
I do agree with The_Return on this one. I know grammar isn't anything on this site, but it'd be nice to see some of it used. If you have a typo like I do, you don't have to change it (unless its a major typo).

Now we're did i tup me dicktshownary! :p

Exactly. Im not saying everyone should look up everything they type to make sure they spelled it right. I mean, I can gaurntee you that I've spelt "gaurntee" wrong a whole heap of times around here, but thats just a minor error. typin lik ths s wha i talkin bout. That was almost painful to type.

Posher778
02-21-2006, 05:24 PM
You already got me on a grammar spree... i hate you!

RavageRitual
02-21-2006, 05:26 PM
I dont know if I have a problem with this or not. If I do, I havent ever noticed.

Yellow Jacket
02-21-2006, 05:26 PM
I'd also like to point out that I did this incorrect grammer shit when I joined! I think I came to my senses just like The_Return did and noticed how stupid it was. I'm a fixed man!

Posher778
02-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Let's write a novel on how it affected and changed our lives for the better!

Dante'sInferno
02-21-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
I have to ask: Why are some of you some damn lazy when it comes to typing? I can name 3-4 perfectly good members here whose posts I often skip simply due to their childish style of typing. Little or no punctuation, blantant spelling errors, no capital letters, idiotic internet abreviations, "Lol" for example. Annoys me to no end! I can post a list of who in particular Im talking about, but Im sure you know who you are. I guess i would be in this list?

VampiricClown
02-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Dante'sInferno
I guess i would be in this list?

And me? :confused:

ItsAlive75
02-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Does it matter? Do whatever you want, its a forum... people disagree.

Again, I take no stance on this one way or the other. Some people type complete sentences, others type the way they talk. Don't be so self-conscious.

Carpe Noctem
02-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Christ, and I thought I was the grammar Nazi. :rolleyes:

The Flayed One
02-22-2006, 04:50 AM
I understand what you mean, Return. I find myself skipping some peoples posts because it makes my head hurt to read them. As long as they have punctuation and decent spelling, I'm usually fine. Capitals are nice, too!

hammerfan
02-22-2006, 05:29 AM
I agree with The Flayed One and The_Return. There are some people's posts I skip because they give me a headache to read them. I'm a secretary who proof reads everything, so..........

stubbornforgey
02-22-2006, 08:36 AM
you know what gets up my nose..??
self righteous bastards who will find fault
in almost everything..everybody does.
:D

slasherman
02-22-2006, 09:50 AM
i'm a decent speller though.
:rolleyes: ;)

Tat2
02-22-2006, 04:10 PM
I"m nearly anal-retentive and/or OCD in regards to grammer. I actually found so many gramatical errors in a local news paper a few years back, that I circled all the mistakes in red ink, graded it with a big "F" and mailed it to the Editor!

I have to make a conscious effort NOT to correct others' poor use of the english language, spelling, and punctuation! Is'nt that sick?

I blame it on my Mom, who was a teacher, and in turn, I was an english major. No one around me was then, nor now, safe!

God...I think I need therapy!:(

ItsAlive75
02-22-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Tat2
I"m nearly anal-retentive and/or OCD in regards to grammer. I actually found so many gramatical errors in a local news paper a few years back, that I circled all the mistakes in red ink, graded it with a big "F" and mailed it to the Editor!

I have to make a conscious effort NOT to correct others' poor use of the english language, spelling, and punctuation! Is'nt that sick?

I blame it on my Mom, who was a teacher, and in turn, I was an english major. No one around me was then, nor now, safe!

God...I think I need therapy!:(

Bad punctuation on the word I'm in the first paragraph, and Isn't in the third paragraph.

The_Return
11-23-2006, 10:15 AM
BUMP!
For fucks sake this 10 character rule needs to go die in a whole

X¤MurderDoll¤X
11-23-2006, 10:20 AM
i loved being able to just type "LOL" for a post before :(

The_Return
11-23-2006, 10:40 AM
i loved being able to just type "LOL" for a post before :(

There are ways around the 10 character rule:cool:

stygianwitch
11-23-2006, 11:28 AM

i love that rule, yeah it drives me nuts on occassion but it's made for much more conversation since it came in, and people are very inventive in overcoming it and that makes things more fun :)

jazzmonkey
11-23-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm with you on that.

Lazy old bones. Whatever happened to the wonderful lessons Big Bird used to teach, and that friendly old perv Mr. Hooper?

:eek:

stubbornforgey
11-23-2006, 12:00 PM
hoo da hell bumped dis thread up agin??

SHIT JAZZ 'shlaaaaaaaaaaaaap':eek:

neverending
11-23-2006, 12:22 PM
It's a losing battle I'm afraid. In another online community I used to frequent I set up a bunch of webpages, each with a little English lesson on it, and whenever someone made a bad spelling, punctuation or grammar mistakes, I would post a link to the relevant lesson. I got very unpopular very fast. Majority of people simply don't care about the language. And they're lazy. "Hey- it's only a messageboard!"

Whatever. I agree with you, but it's a losing battle.

stygianwitch
11-23-2006, 12:31 PM
It's a losing battle I'm afraid. In another online community I used to frequent I set up a bunch of webpages, each with a little English lesson on it, and whenever someone made a bad spelling, punctuation or grammar mistakes, I would post a link to the relevant lesson. I got very unpopular very fast. Majority of people simply don't care about the language. And they're lazy. "Hey- it's only a messageboard!"

Whatever. I agree with you, but it's a losing battle.

you're right there, i gave up using capitals... for the most part anyway... simply because most people can't be bothered, still don't like bad grammar or spelling though, although i do shorten some words

Angra
11-23-2006, 12:44 PM

Yup!

One of them is using 11 characters. ;) :p

I´m smart. :cool:

And well articulated. :cool:

The Flayed One
11-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Yup!

One of them is using 11 characters. ;) :p

I´m smart. :cool:

And well articulated. :cool:

You forgot modest;)

urgeok
11-23-2006, 12:48 PM
you're right there, i gave up using capitals... for the most part anyway... simply because most people can't be bothered, still don't like bad grammar or spelling though, although i do shorten some words

i never use capitols .. but its not a jarring distraction.. it doesnt force you to decipher the post. everyone makes the odd happy finger spelling mistakes and typos.. if i catch myself i'll edit and correct them .. hopefully before someone quotes me :)

but i feel that forum or not .. there is no room in my world for TXTspeak - it isnt a time saver anymore - its gone far beyond that - its used as blatant fuck you
to literacy.

Angra
11-23-2006, 12:48 PM
You forgot modest;)

Blah!

Being modest is overrated. :cool:

stygianwitch
11-23-2006, 12:57 PM
everyone makes the odd happy finger spelling mistakes and typos.. if i catch myself i'll edit and correct them .. hopefully before someone quotes me :)

i have a very bad habit of correcting people's mistakes & typos when i quote them, it probably appears rude to the person being quoted but i just can't help it :o :(

Disease
11-23-2006, 01:08 PM
I have to ask: Why are some of you some damn lazy when it comes to typing? I can name 3-4 perfectly good members here whose posts I often skip simply due to their childish style of typing. Little or no punctuation, blantant spelling errors, no capital letters, idiotic internet abreviations, "Lol" for example. Annoys me to no end! I can post a list of who in particular Im talking about, but Im sure you know who you are.

How about, "Get fucked!". I can't stand folk on the net craping on about spelling and grammar, nuting alse makes me want to punch da shit outa someone moreA!

pinkfloyd45769
11-23-2006, 06:14 PM
I could do better if i would just slow down and think. I try to hurry and get it all in before someone says the same thing i'm going to say.

stubbornforgey
11-23-2006, 06:17 PM
I could do better if i would just slow down and think. I try to hurry and get it all in before someone says the same thing i'm going to say.

LMAO sister-boo !!!

urgeok
11-24-2006, 01:21 AM
How about, "Get fucked!". I can't stand folk on the net craping on about spelling and grammar, nuting alse makes me want to punch da shit outa someone moreA!

funny, thats exactly how i feel whenever i see an illiterate person proudly proving it on a public forum.

crabapple
11-24-2006, 01:44 AM
yeah and wtf was up with that Halloween III too....wtf lolz.....michel mysters wasn't even in that lolz piece of crap movie ;)

crabapple
11-24-2006, 01:46 AM
was not good movie

stubbornforgey
11-24-2006, 07:02 AM
i never use capitols .. but its not a jarring distraction.. it doesnt force you to decipher the post. everyone makes the odd happy finger spelling mistakes and typos.. if i catch myself i'll edit and correct them .. hopefully before someone quotes me :)

but i feel that forum or not .. there is no room in my world for TXTspeak - it isnt a time saver anymore - its gone far beyond that - its used as blatant fuck you
to literacy.

agrees.
I used to be bad for txt speaking untill somebody replied and i couldn't understand a fucken word they said.
Its annoying when some one speaks in txt