PDA

View Full Version : Leatherface: TCM 2

LegionFilms
12-14-2003, 04:06 PM
Now I'm a huge fan of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, seen it too many times to count. I also saw the newest "retelling" in theaters like 3 times. But my question is if anyone has seen the second one. I'm not even interested in the other 2 sequals just the second. Becuase I saw the trailers for all of them and the second one was the only one that didnt look completely shitty. And I have heard some people give the impression that it isn't all that bad. After all, even if he was obligated, Tobe Hooper directed it.

meetthecreeper
12-14-2003, 05:51 PM
I cant say that I think this sequel is as good as the original but then again what sequel is?? There are good parts to the film and parts that I could do without. I had a little trouble w/Dennis Hoppers character, something about him just put him out of place for me. The brother makes the movie humorous in a way. Since you havent seen it I dont want to give away 2 much. It is good for a rental, would I buy it? Yes cos' its TCM but I felt that Leatherface the 3 film was better some will disagree just my opinion.

Dave
12-14-2003, 06:07 PM
All I remember is that I liked it better than 4, but that is because I'd rather watch almost anything before watching 4.

Ryan_Zombie
12-14-2003, 08:06 PM
part 3 is good....actually, not to be critical or anything, but part 3 was entitled 'Leatherface'.

.....bows head in embarrassment..

Keyser_Soze
12-14-2003, 08:26 PM
Part two was a total waste for me. It was too funny. Dennis Hopper's character was way over the top, and I totally didn't enjoy it. IMHO

avenger00soul
12-16-2003, 08:11 AM
Choptop is reason enough to buy part 2. Leatherface is a kind of a joke in this film, but it's still worth buying just for Choptop. Also, Savini did the effects so there's reason number 2.

Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3 is also good IMO. I think it had a great ensemble cast.

kawaiidragonfoe
12-16-2003, 10:18 AM
TCM 4 was the embarrasment i think oh my god, why was the film even waisted to make that piece of crap? Anyway, i hope they re-make 2 as well, the first movie ended as they kind of dont have a choice do they? If they do i hope they can get Dennis to reprise his role because i dont think that anyone else can do Lefty like Dennis can, i just cant imagine anyone else doing the part personally.

Anyhow, 2 is the best IMO, it seemed that Tobe after his imense sucess with 1 he had more money & resorces than in the first & it shows in the set design & the makeup of the characters. There's also more action than in the first & the chase scenes are better with better lighting. I there is a drawback to this movie, it would have to be the end fanalle where the 'big showdown' takes place. I know that i'm going to be giving the whole movie away if i say any more, so i will let you watch it for yourself... unless you write back telling me that you dont mind spoliers :D.

"If you learn to conquer your fears, you will often be able to preform things that you would have previously regarded as impossible." -Sir Edmund Hillary, first to summit Everast.

LegionFilms
12-16-2003, 03:36 PM
Wait...You think TCM 2 was better than the original? :confused:

avenger00soul
12-16-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by LegionFilms
Wait...You think TCM 2 was better than the original? :confused:

It sounds crazy, but I know quite a few people who feel this way. Personally, I think they are equals simply b/c I'm such a huge fan of the Choptop character and the opening bridge sequence.

LegionFilms
12-16-2003, 04:01 PM
Yea that sounds way to bizzare to me, but based on you guys im gonna get the second one soon.

avenger00soul
12-16-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by LegionFilms
Yea that sounds way to bizzare to me, but based on you guys im gonna get the second one soon.

Well, I hope you enjoy it. Tell us your thoughts of it too. I also recommend you at least rent the third one. Stay away from 4 though...stay far away.

BTW, Part 2 is at Bestbuy for 10 bucks.

LegionFilms
12-16-2003, 04:18 PM
Nice, Bestbuy has a lot of movies that are cheap for some reason, I got Boondock saints there for 10. And another thing, I see a hell of a lot of TCM2 DVD everywhere. Its almost comon to see.