PDA

View Full Version : You Guys Like Movies With Aliens?

bloodrayne
02-19-2006, 03:32 PM
Okay...These are the ones that I own:

Alien
Aliens
AVP
Tommyknockers
Dreamcatcher
Contact
Arrival
Arrival 2
Signs
The Faculty
War Of The Worlds (Remake)
Mars Attacks
Sphere
Event Horizon
Species
Mimic
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Men In Black
Men In Black 2
Independence Day
They

I'm probably forgetting some....But, I wanna know if there are any REALLY good ones that I might be missing out on...

Plus...Stupid Shane has some ridiculous fear (it's REALLY bad) of aliens...And we have already talked him into watching all of these (he still has nightmares about Tommyknockers;) )...And Seri teases him with "Tommyknockers, Tommyknockers, knocking at your door" as he's falling asleep:D

I know there have to be much better ones out there...Which movies with aliens in them do you guys like a lot?

Elvis_Christ
02-19-2006, 03:37 PM
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Both versions of Invaders From Mars
Xtro
Strange Invaders

and who could forget Revenge of the Teenage Vixens From Outer Space.

stubbornforgey
02-19-2006, 03:38 PM
E.T made me cry

bloodrayne
02-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
Killer Klowns From Outer Space Oh yeah...I have that one, too...Somehow they just seem more like clowns to me than aliens...I didn't even think about it...

I'll have to check out the others...Thanks

But...I think I'll pass on Revenge of the Teenage Vixens From Outer Space:p

Elvis_Christ
02-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by stubbornforgey
E.T made me cry

cause they didn't catch him sooner?

bloodrayne
02-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by stubbornforgey
E.T made me cry I have that one, too..But..I don't think it's gonna scare anyone :)

bloodrayne
02-19-2006, 03:41 PM
I just remembered...We also have the Species and Mimic movies...I'm kinda lookin' for something a little more 'alienish'...Know what I mean?

AUSTIN316426808
02-19-2006, 03:42 PM
They Live

The Mothman
02-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Prince of space!!
http://home.hiwaay.net/~jeffj1/life/MST3K/Krankor.jpg

bloodrayne
02-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
They Live That's a good one, too...I have that one...And we just recently got 'They'....Geez, I really did forget to mention a lot of 'em...

Oh well...I'm still REALLY interested in finding out which ones you guys like the most

The STE
02-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Alien(s)
Dark City
Tommyknockers
2001: A Space Odyssey
MST3K: The Movie

bloodrayne
02-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by The STE
Dark City
2001: A Space Odyssey
MST3K: The Movie Would any of those be considered 'scary' or supposed to be?...I'm honestly not familiar

The STE
02-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Would any of those be considered 'scary' or supposed to be?...I'm honestly not familiar

I didn't know we were supposed to come up with scary ones. No, they're not scary.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the John Carpetner remake of The Thing

bloodrayne
02-19-2006, 04:02 PM
I didn't know we were supposed to come up with scary ones. No, they're not scary.Oh no...Whatever alien movies you like is cool...I personally would just be more interested in checking out the 'scary' ones...I really like Men In Black, Men In Black 2, and Independence Day...I have those, too...But, I don't think they're supposed to be scary...Well, maybe Independence Day...A little

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the John Carpetner remake of The Thing OH...I HAD that one...I gave it to Arioch....I shouldn't have...*sigh*...Thanks for reminding me, though...I need to replace it

Yellow Jacket
02-19-2006, 04:40 PM
E.T.
Alien vs. Predator
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Men in Black 2
Predator (don't know if it counts though)
The Faculty
TommyKnockers

Those are the ones I own. I may have forgotten a few though. This is what the thread is about, right?

Elvis_Christ
02-19-2006, 04:43 PM
But...I think I'll pass on Revenge of the Teenage Vixens From Outer Space:p

Haha your loss dude :)

Yeh! The Thing and They Live are great. Totally forgot about them.

Starship Troopers is one I forgot to add

bloodrayne
02-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket
E.T.
Alien vs. Predator
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Men in Black 2
Predator (don't know if it counts though)
The Faculty
TommyKnockers

Those are the ones I own. I may have forgotten a few though. This is what the thread is about, right? Yup...Well...If ya LIKE 'em...I just wanted to know which ones you guys like...And if I see something mentioned that I don't already have that might be scary, I'm gonna try to get it :)

And...Predator IS an alien...So, yeah

bloodrayne
02-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
Starship Troopers is one I forgot to add I haven't seen that one either...Sounds like something that might be funny...Is it?

The STE
02-19-2006, 04:45 PM
I haven't seen that one either...Sounds like something that might be funny...Is it?

if by "funny" you mean "shitty"

Yellow Jacket
02-19-2006, 04:47 PM
And...Predator IS an alien...So, yeah

That's what I thought. Just making sure.

sabersword
02-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Ok, thinking of an obscure little film with Jack Palance.Cant remeber the name, Final Warning I think. Alien(much like a gray,only bigger) comes to earth and uses it as a hunting perserive. Ring any bells?

Hellsing
02-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by sabersword
Ok, thinking of an obscure little film with Jack Palance.Cant remeber the name, Final Warning I think. Alien(much like a gray,only bigger) comes to earth and uses it as a hunting perserive. Ring any bells?

o yeah the movie was called "without warning" and yes your right the story is on this alien that uses these frisbee like eating things that fly.The movie is hard to comeby(amazon.ca carrys it,i think.)anyways it does have its creepy moments. Another is"Creature"about these astronauts (space explorers) that land on this planet and find this alien asleep,till its awaken,pissed and hungry.Its not half bad and was nomitaded for the sci-fi award in 1984.and a b and w classic "I married a monster from outer space".

Posher778
02-19-2006, 07:47 PM
my favorite alien movie, yes, better than alien itself, is the faculty. i just watched it tonight, and it amazes me at how good it is. alien is classic, and one of my favorites, but faculty is better in so many ways. plus its a bit scarier, imo.

ItsAlive75
02-19-2006, 07:53 PM
if by "funny" you mean "shitty"

I thought it was deliberately campy. Starship Troopers 2 was shitty.

Hellsing
02-19-2006, 07:53 PM
The" Faculty" was good and "The puppet masters" is another.

mothermold
02-19-2006, 09:54 PM
two good abduction movies i really enjoy "fire in the sky" and "communion" with cristopher walken.

"split second" with rutger hauer is also good....oh and "The Borrower"(can't beleive no one named that) was a awesome film aswell.

The STE
02-19-2006, 09:58 PM
no Body Snatcher movies mentioned yet?

ItsAlive75
02-19-2006, 09:58 PM
no Body Snatcher movies mentioned yet?

Good one.

The Mothman
02-19-2006, 10:04 PM
The Deadly Spawn was a whole lot of fun.

mothermold
02-19-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by The Mothman
The Deadly Spawn was a whole lot of fun.

good one....i completely forgot that one!

also:
night of the creeps
alien nation
i come in peace
life force

Despare
02-19-2006, 10:17 PM
Close Encounters of the Third Kind... got the SE pretty cheap and it's nice.

There were some cheesy alien comedy movies as well like Eart Girls are Easy and Spaced Invaders.

Hellsing
02-20-2006, 03:00 PM
"The dark" also:

Critters 1,2,3,and sadly 4.
The hidden
The hidden 2 ( bad)
The green slime (cheese time!)
Galaxy of terror
i come in peace
xtro
xtro 2
it! the terror from beyond space (old but fun)
Quatermass and the pit (hammer classic)
enemy mine

Despare
02-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Hellsing
i come in peace

I wish they'd have an actual dvd release for this already! I don't expect critereon or anything but c'mon... it's Dolph! Dual pack it with Punisher or something. I loved that cheesy movie. "You go in pieces."

Hellsing
02-21-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Despare
I wish they'd have an actual dvd release for this already! I don't expect critereon or anything but c'mon... it's Dolph! Dual pack it with Punisher or something. I loved that cheesy movie. "You go in pieces."

Last sunday i was at blockbuster getting the kids a movie and i swear i saw "I come in peace"on dvd, on the selve.I'll have to see this week to make sure.