PDA

View Full Version : slither

lovecraft
02-12-2006, 08:58 AM
I went to see Underworld 2. They had previews for a few upcomimg horror movies.

One was for Stay Alive. This is an online game movie. How you die in the movie is how you are found dead.

The next was Silent Hill. This one looks like it may be good. Lots of atmosphere.

But the one that made me laugh was Slither.
The trailer started out good. It had cool
wiggly things. People changing into something icky.
But then a girl is shown who is blown up like a balloon.
Her body is huge with her little head and hands sticking out.
This may have ruined this movie for me.

I guess I will have to see....

cheebacheeba
02-12-2006, 09:04 AM
But then a girl is shown who is blown up like a balloon.Her body is huge with her little head and hands sticking out.
This may have ruined this movie for me.

Oh yeah...because I'm sure that's the high point of the film:rolleyes:

Yellow Jacket
02-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
Oh yeah...because I'm sure that's the high point of the film:rolleyes:

Hey, you never know. Hollywood can fuck up any movie!

Despare
02-12-2006, 11:01 AM
It looked to me like she was being absorbed or something. Anyway, Slither looks like a good old fashioned bloody, cheesy horror film and I can't wait.

lovecraft
02-12-2006, 12:15 PM
i was thinking she was a host for eggs...

ItsAlive75
02-12-2006, 02:51 PM
I think its supposed to just be a modern day cheesefest, and I for one can't wait.

Come on, the big bulging girl saying, "Something's wrooong with me" is so fucking awesome, funny or not... I hope at one point she pops.

Nothin' better than a good ol' fashioned gross-out flick.

Posher778
02-12-2006, 05:29 PM
imo it looks stupid, and most creature flicks turn out crappy anyway...

anybody seen LARVAE?

Despare
03-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Pretty good write up on the Slither set. Check it out now! Or later...

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=1261

voorhees92
03-09-2006, 12:20 PM
yeah the trailer looks EXTREMELY stupid. may as well call itMutant Brain Slugs From Mars.

The STE
03-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by voorhees92
yeah the trailer looks EXTREMELY stupid. may as well call itMutant Brain Slugs From Mars.

I'd totally go see it if it were called that. No, better, Mutant Brain Slugs from Outer Space!, with the ! as part of the title. And especially if it weren't like a Mars Attacks! kinda deal, if it was totally serious.

darth rosenberg
03-12-2006, 02:08 PM
I just got my latest issue of Sci-Fi magazine and it has a complete write up on SLITHER. I've already made plans to see it 3/31...the previews looked really good and quite humerous. I love Nathon Fillon so anything he's in, I'd go see. There choice of music looks funny also. Now that I have seen the Sci-Fi feature on this, I am excited. The director pays homage to every horror fil he ever loved in this film, and the special effects look like across between "the thing" & "Reanimator"....I'm very tired of people thinking this is a remake of Night of the Creeps & PuppetMasters. I loved those 2 flicks, but I have a feeling SLITHER will be something really special. I can't wait!;)

Abominus
03-12-2006, 07:48 PM
It's time to relive the glory days of B-movie cheese. Who's with me! Hurrah! I saw a better trailer for it with The Hills Have Eyes. Looks fantastic, in a cheesy one-liner sorta way.

darth rosenberg
03-12-2006, 08:39 PM
You know I really don't think that SLITHER is going to be a B-type flick. The special effects I've seen look pretty high tech, the director is using some of the best in the field of SE in this film, and the fact that alot of his favorite films, are favs of mine leads me to believe that this might actually turn out to be very good. What actually drew me to the film in the first place, is the soundtrack....its very funny. I wonder who picks these songs for horror films?

voorhees92
03-13-2006, 10:12 AM
well, take Equilibrium for instance. that was a FANTASTIC b-movie and didnt use any special effects. b-movies dont often have special effects. like Starship Troopers 2. Crappy crap-crap with good special effects.

kung-fu-jesus
03-15-2006, 06:12 AM
it looks good but, it looks more sci-fi funny than horror-scary. i'll wait for dvd unless i here really good things from trused people.

crazy raplh
03-15-2006, 08:23 PM
I cannot wait for them to come out. I will watch and buy them all man I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo excited. excuse me while I change my urine soaked drawers

The Mothman
03-20-2006, 09:04 AM
Thisd one looks prety entertaining, flesh eating grub and zombies. sounds kinda duimb, but in an entertaining way.

crazy raplh
03-20-2006, 09:24 PM
wow

ghostman
03-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Who is going to see Slither movie tomorrow (MARCH 31?) Maybe I will...

This movie is about a horror feast with things that go slither, like in the title. Snakes? Worms? Take your pick. Alien parasites turn small-town residents into mutants and zombies. Hopefully, it has a few laughs. If not, the audience will supply them anyway.

Despare
03-30-2006, 06:24 PM
I JUST noticed Rob Zombie and Lloyd Kauffman were going to be in this heh. Then again, I didn't know Rob was a production assistant for Pee-Wee's Playhouse (WTF??)

goldenwarrior
03-30-2006, 09:01 PM
This Friday James Gunn's Slither will be hitting theatres and you can bet top dollar I'll be there. But until than we got some "red band" clips to tide us over until tomorrow. These clips are specifically aimed at the adults, so kids go back to watching Disney.

Now that all the children have left the room these clips are for all the gorehounds to enjoy. So grab some popcorn with artificially flavored buttered topping and oogle over the clips (http://www.slithermovie.net/redband/) until tomorrow.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/gallery/_files/photogallery/slither001.jpg

Posher778
03-30-2006, 09:53 PM
OOhhh the teeth look cool. This movie still looks retarded though.

Despare
03-31-2006, 04:47 AM
Between IGN and rottentomatos it's getting pretty good reviews... not that that MEANS anything but it's a glimmer of hope.

urgeok
03-31-2006, 07:17 AM
my friend just reviewed this on the radio ... says its sole purpose is to repulse people to the point of puking - and he said it succeeds :)

SausageCreature
03-31-2006, 08:16 AM
1. The clips I've seen from Slither rock the house straight down.

2. Urg-o, that's the coolest avatar ever...

3. Rules state that a list must have a minimum of three items...so, I'm craving some sausage chili right now.

RagbagGeorge
03-31-2006, 01:40 PM
this is gunna sux

The_Return
03-31-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by RagbagGeorge
this is gunna sux

No, you suck.

Im really looking forward to this one, looks like another great horror/comedy. Definatly a trend that Im glad is catching on!

darth rosenberg
03-31-2006, 08:39 PM
The movie is fabulous! I loved it, my friends loved it...hell my mom liked it. Witty & very funny dialogue, great SE, and a soundtrack to die for(literally) It was fun.:D

Angelakillsluts
04-01-2006, 10:21 PM
I enjoyed it, it was exactly what I thought it would be.

bloodrayne
04-02-2006, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Posher778
anybody seen LARVAE? Yeah...I didn't really think it was that bad...Actually, I thought it was pretty good, or maybe it was just that it was much better than I thought it was gonna be...

Either way...I hope that Slither is a lot better

Posher778
04-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Nah... Larva was terrible, but it did have some ok gore, and enough kills to satisfy. But that is IT.

BH14
04-03-2006, 04:34 PM
I saw this movie last night and it was entertaining and funny. Don't be expected to be scared. There really wasn't much suspense but effects were cool. If you like movies like the Blob mixed with a little bit of zombies, you will like this. I still needed more cool deaths. And if you played Resident Evil 4 like I did, you will think someone looks awfully familiar. This is the second best horror movie that I seen in 2006. Go see The Hills Have Eyes before this movie if you are looking for a good horror movie.

Posher778
04-03-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm not sure if I want to see it or not, it looks maybe ok... But just for a rent.

lycainin
04-04-2006, 12:03 PM
HAD'NT SEEN SLITHERS YET, MAYBE OR MAYBE NOT dON'T KNOW IF I COULD GET PAST THE,, big girl gone wild. lol

horror_fan_Nick
04-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Saw this opening weekend... a solid 9/10, almost pissed my pants laughing :p

DarkIcon
04-18-2006, 07:25 PM
The film was great. Saw it the first day it came out and was NOT disappointed. It was everything I thought it would be.

Scary? No, not really. But you can tell from the previews that it wasn't supposed to be. It had like one or two tense moments, but that's about it.

Funny? Oh HELL yeah! There are some classic lines in this movie that your friends will still be saying this time next year. One character in particular will have you in stitches, but they're all pretty funny in their own way.

Original? No, not really. It's more of a re-telling of "Night of the Creeps" But then, if you're expecting original stuff out of Hollywood then you're living in another dimension. I did leave this movie with an urge to see Night of the Creeps again, though.

The Bloated Woman? If there was anything in this movie that came close to being disturbing... it was her. The last couple of things she said, and the realization of what was going on... <shudder>

Bloody? Not as much as it COULD have been, but there are a couple of prime gore scenes. Prime. The whip-tail evisceration is almost worth the price of admission by itself. These people aren't afraid of the gore and they had the resources to do it right. But since the movie was humorous, they toned it down just a tad from what a serious flick would have done. But don't worry, there's still plenty of blood and guts.

I don't do ratings, so I'll just say it's worth paying to see at the movies. That's saying a lot, considering the price of admission these days.

Yasashii
04-19-2006, 05:29 AM
Looks funny..but I wasn't sure whether to list it as horror or comedy...I don't know, probably not my taste but I'll give it a shot and see if I like it.

The Mothman
04-20-2006, 05:03 PM
I thought it was pretty cool. plus it had that dude from natural born killers in it.