PDA

View Full Version : what do people think of Cannibal Holocaust?

losthumanity
02-11-2006, 10:01 PM
i brought the uncut version and its fucknig incredible one of the best movies i have ever seen! not many have seen it that i have spoken too which is sad so im getting people to watch it but it ranks high in my top horror movies along side stuff like
audition
the hills have eyes
last house on the left
i spit on your grave
friday the 13th
and hopefully hostel which i am sure is gonna be one of the best horror films i ever see!

Spallalala
02-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by losthumanity
i brought the uncut version and its fucknig incredible one of the best movies i have ever seen! not many have seen it that i have spoken too which is sad so im getting people to watch it but it ranks high in my top horror movies along side stuff like
audition
the hills have eyes
last house on the left
i spit on your grave
friday the 13th
and hopefully hostel which i am sure is gonna be one of the best horror films i ever see!

Well I hate to say it but your fucked in the head if you think its ok to kill animals for the sake of a movie. And one of the best movies you have ever seen..Maybe you should start watching more.

It wasn't that great. There were some funny things but overall it suck ass..

Elvis_Christ
02-11-2006, 11:29 PM
^^............... right :rolleyes: someone sits on their horse a bit higher than everyone else.

cheebacheeba
02-11-2006, 11:36 PM
^^............... right someone sits on their horse a bit higher than everyone else.
'cos they don't share your/their taste in movies? Heaven forbid.

I didn't like this one either...and I won't get on yet another rant about how fucked up it is to actually kill an animal to add to the authenticity of a film, because that's a general objection not specific to this film.
I just didn't like the repetetive soundtrack, the acting left a lot to be desired, The cannibals, it seems weren't researched very well, and the overall plot didn't appeal. Essentially just not my kind of film, one for the gore freaks.

Marroe
02-11-2006, 11:47 PM
never had any interest in seeing it to be honest.

Elvis_Christ
02-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
'cos they don't share your/their taste in movies? Heaven forbid.

No cause they were giving that guy shit about digging CH. He didn't mention anything about the animal killings but they assumed thats why he was into it.

cheebacheeba
02-12-2006, 12:58 AM
[/QUOTE] He didn't mention anything about the animal killings but they assumed thats why he was into it.

Well I hate to say it but your fucked in the head if you think its ok to kill animals for the sake of a movie.

Nope. See the "if"?
Stating general distaste for things of this nature, and people who are ok with it, is all that happened there, and
And one of the best movies you have ever seen..Maybe you should start watching more.
I'd have to say I agree with that too.
It's a gorefreak film, very little substance, and even less relevant than it ever was in this day and age.
(and no, I'm not talking about relation to specific content, but to the overall "message")

Elvis_Christ
02-12-2006, 01:02 AM
yep.
cool.
over it.

Spallalala
02-12-2006, 01:43 AM
Before you bitch at someone read the whole post ok..

I only said what I did because he said it was (and I quote)

one of the best movies i have ever seen! ...

I find it hard to believe that someones standards on movies could be that low.

Anyway. I think cheebs covered everything I would have said ( maybe a lil more ) ..

As you said your over it. I will not continue my rants.

Elvis_Christ
02-12-2006, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Spallalala
I will not continue my rants.

The world will be a safer place :p

Spallalala
02-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
The world will be a safer place :p

Not when I have my sharp knives.. :P hahah

ok.. Sorry Lost.. Please continue. Didn't mean to kill ya thread.

Tat2
02-12-2006, 10:41 AM
I have The Uncut 25th. Anniversary Collectors edition of Cannibal Holocaust as well as many other "contraversial" movies.

Cannibal Holocaust, as a movie, is far from "great" but, if you view it as what it actually is, a "Video Nasty" that is a contraversial, exploitive, unusually tasteless movie by nearly anyones standards, it is a valuable film to serious horror film collectors.

The history of the films production rumors, release, arrest of Director Ruggero Deodato, the continued ban of the film in various countries, and the fact that this movie, released 25 years ago, is still creating discussions (such as this one), debates, continued rumors although they have been proven false, is proof enough that this movie, although disgusting, is an important part of cinema.

Despare
02-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Tat2
I have The Uncut 25th. Anniversary Collectors edition of Cannibal Holocaust as well as many other "contraversial" movies.

What other "conraversial" movies do you have the Uncut 25th Anniversary Collectors Edition of?

Anyway, movies was ok, the animal stuff wasn't neccessary and while I have NO problem with Apcalypse Now's scene I didn't care for some of the stuff in this. Didn't outrage me or anything, some decent gore, I'd say it was pretty average compared to other horror films.

Posher778
02-12-2006, 11:48 AM
the only thing that bugs me about this thread, is that i'm ocd and it should be in modern horror. haha.

slasherman
02-12-2006, 11:51 AM
its pretty good for a cannibal movie

PR3SSUR3
02-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Lacking substance... bad acting... repetetive soundtrack?

Substance is something Cannibal Holocaust has in abundance ("found" footage of some racist jungle atrocities, and its startling retribution), the acting is more than commendable (remember at some points the actors are acting "within" acting) though the dubbing is at times questionable, and the much respected Riz Orlani soundtrack is used to devastating effect throughout (unnervingly soft and dreamy during some atrocity sequences, and harder in the more passive scenes) - most soundtracks of course stay within their own boundaries to ensure the constant "sound" of the film.

As for "being into" animal slaughter... what of a man who praises Aftermath, Lolita, The New York Ripper or just about any other contentious film? Or is the authenticity of this footage the problem?

In which case, do not champion Deep Red, The Isle or Men Behind the Sun?

Or do the sheer number of animal killings turn Cannibal Holocaust into animal-snuff, not cinema?

InkMonster
02-13-2006, 10:26 AM
Loved it! Also loved Jungle Holocaust and Cannibal Ferox!

Zombee
02-14-2006, 09:09 AM
I saw it once it was semi interesting in parts and really hard to watch in others, I could not call myself a true horror fan w/o seeing it but all in all I wouldnt make an effort to sit down and watch it again. 2 out of 5 stars * *. Can you say overhyped?