PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 3

phantomstranger
02-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Resident Evil: Extinction to Start in 2006
Source: Variety
February 8, 2006

Resident Evil: Extinction, the third installment in the popular game-to-film franchise, is set to begin production in 2006. Russell Mulcahy (The Shadow, Highlander) will direct with Milla Jovovich reprising her starring role.

It was previously believed that the third film, written by Paul W.S. Anderson, would be titled Resident Evil: Afterlife. Reports said the movie would be set in a post-apocalyptic world overrun with mutant zombies. The setting was the Nevada desert with the Aussie outback standing in for the American wasteland. In the final reel, the action would have shifted to Japan, setting up the fourth installment.

It's unclear now if Resident Evil: Extinction will follow that same storyline or whether or not a fourth film is still planned.

Sony's Screen Gems will again distribute the film in North America.

Yellow Jacket
02-08-2006, 07:02 PM
It sounds like Day of the Dead except with the Japan ending.

doctor satan
02-09-2006, 03:45 AM
Another RESI EVIL! Hollywood really is spoiling us........

urgeok
02-09-2006, 08:17 AM
well, i guess the 14 - 15 year old fan boys need something to watch too ...

zomb5150
02-09-2006, 09:45 AM
I haven't seen 1 or 2 yet, are they worth My time?

Y2DAZZ
02-09-2006, 10:08 AM
The first one is deffantly worth a watch... two just deserves a quick glance nothing intresting just rather stupid imo.
Character started off awesome but then... she's equal ...not right at all.

urgeok
02-09-2006, 10:16 AM
i agree that #1 isnt that bad a movie ...

#2 was embarrasing to watch ..
but cool if you want to see where i live blown to shit (Toronto was used as the city)

sabersword
02-13-2006, 04:47 PM
If they would just stick to the froggen plot! I have all of the Res Evil books and there are good stories in there. Hollywood ned not give us so much.......well, Hollywood!

Posher778
02-13-2006, 04:53 PM
#1 rocked...

hollywood.... ugh sequels... of doom.

Yellow Jacket
02-13-2006, 06:24 PM
#1- Good

#2- Bad

friday13thfan
02-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by urgeok
well, i guess the 14 - 15 year old fan boys need something to watch too ...

hey fuck you:mad: :mad:

joking.. but anyway i will rent it at the most just to see what it is like

Despare
02-13-2006, 06:42 PM
I liked one and two for what they were... action movies. They were both good to sit back with some popcorn and a few people and just watch some zombie killin'. Oh, and I think RE fanboys if they've been playing since one are a little past 14-15 now.

The_Punisher
02-13-2006, 07:56 PM
The first one is really fun to watch. The direction and acting are not that bad either. The score, however is what stands out in this movie. Marilyn Manson did a superb job a conveying the action on the screen to very captivating musical expierence. I highly recommend picking up the soundtrack for the last 4 tracks alone.

The second film blows donkey dick however.

kung-fu-jesus
02-14-2006, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Despare
I liked one and two for what they were... action movies. They were both good to sit back with some popcorn and a few people and just watch some zombie killin'. Oh, and I think RE fanboys if they've been playing since one are a little past 14-15 now.

exactly, they were action movies, and they were "game based" movies, not cinematic reinactments. they were more based on the idea of the story, not the characters. and i agree about the 14-15 year old fan boys/girls( there are a lot) have aged. seeing how the original came out in 96, and i played that at age 8, and i still love the series.

The_Return
02-14-2006, 06:33 AM
Agreed with Despare. I liked these for the same reason I like the Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter movies. Pure, mindless action. Nothing more, nothing less. Doesnt try to convey a message, doesnt try to do anything but entertain, which I think it acomplishes quite nicely.

urgeok
02-14-2006, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Despare

i think at this point you can seperate the fans of the game from the fans of this type of movie ..

the 1st movie felt like the game ..

the 2nd movie was just a dumb ass shitty 'action' flick for people too young to have seen better films and understand why this one was such a bag of crap.

i like action .. .. i dont like stupid action ..

Yellow Jacket
02-17-2006, 06:01 PM
i like action .. .. i dont like stupid action ..

Exactly how I feel! You can do action right (Die Hard), or you can do action wrong (RE:Apocalypse). This explains why I hated Transporter 2.

Thorns_demon
02-20-2006, 03:35 AM
oops and I thought apocalypse was better than the first one, hehe, well it had a cool char and the action was great well i don't watch many action movies so, the first one was a bit, I don't know, I hate movies which evolve around one single building, hope 3 is even better then with more cool chars. Guess I'm just weird.:D

Posher778
02-20-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket
#1- Good

#2- Bad

simply put.

caseclosed
02-20-2006, 04:13 PM
I can't wait for this one. I love the first one so much!

persuasian70
03-09-2006, 10:43 PM
RE 1 was pretty good, considering all the horrible movies based on video games that have come out in the past:

Street Fighter - Three words: Jean Claude VanDamme
Mario Brothers - Alyssa Milano couldn't save this trash
Mortal Kombat - one was watchable, but two was terrible
House of the Dead - Two Words: Uwe Boll

I'm sure there are more, but those are enough. I mean compared to House of the Dead, RE is a masterpiece of filmaking. I also enjoyed RE: Apocalypse for what it was. I am worried about three though, after the trash that is Ultraviolet came out. I mean who is going to go see Milla after that Ultracrap of a movie.

kung-fu-jesus
03-15-2006, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by persuasian70
RE 1 was pretty good, considering all the horrible movies based on video games that have come out in the past:

Street Fighter - Three words: Jean Claude VanDamme
Mario Brothers - Alyssa Milano couldn't save this trash
Mortal Kombat - one was watchable, but two was terrible
House of the Dead - Two Words: Uwe Boll

I'm sure there are more, but those are enough. I mean compared to House of the Dead, RE is a masterpiece of filmaking. I also enjoyed RE: Apocalypse for what it was. I am worried about three though, after the trash that is Ultraviolet came out. I mean who is going to go see Milla after that Ultracrap of a movie.

you forgot double dragon( alyssa milano couldnt save it, and she was in it)

also i'll still go see milla if the film looks and she still looks got.

what didnt you like about ultraviolet?

erotic_cookie
03-15-2006, 10:19 AM
i agree that #1 isnt that bad a movie ...

#2 was embarrasing to watch ..
but cool if you want to see where i live blown to shit (Toronto was used as the city)

I thought that it was cool to see T.O. and then drive through the city and remembering the movie.