PDA

View Full Version : Hills Have Eyes

InkMonster
02-08-2006, 11:07 AM
I cannot wait for the Hills Have Eyes remake to come out. I'm sure it will be watered down and shit, but still...can't wait. The original kicked ass.

zomb5150
02-09-2006, 09:44 AM
I'm looking forward to this one alot as well.:)

alkytrio666
02-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Agreed.

hollywoodgothiq
02-09-2006, 11:31 AM
I don't think it was watered down at all. I'm not a bit fan of the original, so I wasn't expecting much from the remake; but if anything, the new version is better.

The tone is inconsistent. Much of it is too grueling for the average audience, but gorehounds will love it. Sometimes the movies goes all "aint-it-cool" on us and we're supposed to get a campy kick out of how sick and gorey it is (you laugh and say I can't believe they showed that!) Then it stops being scary and turns into a Charles Bronson revenge pic when the heroes turn the tables.

If made me think of the old joke: "If you don't like the weather here, wait fifteen minutes." If you don't like what you're seeing on screen in HILL HAVE EYES, just wait fifteen minutes, becuase it will change into something else.

READ MORE HERE: http://hollywoodgothique.bravejournal.com/entry/17996

crazy raplh
02-09-2006, 11:38 AM
loved the old one.

mothermold
02-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by InkMonster
I cannot wait for the Hills Have Eyes remake to come out. I'm sure it will be watered down and shit, but still...can't wait. The original kicked ass.

i'm looking forward to this big time.the director's the same guy that made "high tension"....i'm pulling for this one!

Posher778
02-10-2006, 07:35 PM
i want to drag my friends to it. but, its R of course... and... bloody parental units.

The STE
02-10-2006, 07:56 PM
has a good cast, and a somewhat talented director (High Tension's problems were in the script), could be a good movie

Yellow Jacket
02-12-2006, 02:05 AM
It actually doesn't look that bad. I seen a trailer for it a couple of days ago, and it seems to follow the original well. And with the same director of High Tension behind the wheel, I think it might just me a good remake. Hopefully. Oh, and it's rated R! Yay!

The_Return
02-12-2006, 07:05 AM
Hopefully the original gets re-released on DVD as a promotion or whatever. I desperately want to see it, but no stores artound here carry it:(

The trailer for this did look pretty damn good though, I'll try to see this one in theatres...

slasherman
02-12-2006, 08:34 AM
..old news but here is the trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/thehillshaveeyes/large.html

Korpse
02-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Whoa.... looks great - I too have to check out the original :)

Posher778
02-13-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
Hopefully the original gets re-released on DVD as a promotion or whatever. I desperately want to see it, but no stores artound here carry it:(

The trailer for this did look pretty damn good though, I'll try to see this one in theatres...

i could mail you a copy if you cared that much. hah. we have it at both blockbusters and hollywood vid.

Liz08
02-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Unfortunately i havent seen the original, but the remake looks really good. Another one too add to my 'Must see' list.

bloodrayne
02-19-2006, 02:13 PM
I've heard it's a lot like Wrong Turn...Don't know if it's true though...

AUSTIN316426808
02-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Pretty good director and it just got away from a NC-17 rating so it's got a chance.

Posher778
02-19-2006, 08:07 PM
why so close to nc-17?? is it due to the violence, sex, or language... or everything?

AUSTIN316426808
02-20-2006, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Posher778
why so close to nc-17?? is it due to the violence, sex, or language... or everything?

I believe it's all of those.

Posher778
02-20-2006, 12:09 PM
i guessed.

i'm not sure if i'll ever see a horror flick with as much language as the faculty though. damn.. he even says

go the fucking away

Despare
02-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Wow you'll miss out on a lot unfortuanatly, can't you just ignore it because, well you're not saying it and it's not being said to you. Oh well, not judging just wondering. I'm sure it's not all language though considering there's going to be plenty of violence and rape.

Posher778
02-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Despare
Wow you'll miss out on a lot unfortuanatly, can't you just ignore it because, well you're not saying it and it's not being said to you. Oh well, not judging just wondering. I'm sure it's not all language though considering there's going to be plenty of violence and rape.

no, it isnt that i mind at all. ever heard of parents? my dad reads every review that comes out for movies, and won't let me theater it if it has ANYTHING bad in it. i'm 16 years old... its not like i dont hear it all day at school, let alone say it myself all the time.

AUSTIN316426808
02-21-2006, 08:14 AM
no, it isnt that i mind at all. ever heard of parents? my dad reads every review that comes out for movies, and won't let me theater it if it has ANYTHING bad in it. i'm 16 years old... its not like i dont hear it all day at school, let alone say it myself all the time.

If that's the case then you most likely wont be seeing this one for a couple years.

urgeok
02-21-2006, 08:15 AM
. i'm 16 years old...

so THATS why you think everything is boring ...

AUSTIN316426808
02-21-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
so THATS why you think everything is boring ...

That could be it but sometimes it's just difference in taste. I couldn't get my at the time 47 year old dad to sit through Nosferatu and I was 15.

urgeok
02-21-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
That could be it but sometimes it's just difference in taste. I couldn't get my at the time 47 year old dad to sit through Nosferatu and I was 15.

you havent been following this guys posts ..
everything sucks .. or is boring ...etc ..

he doesnt like anything ..

noctuary
02-21-2006, 10:38 AM
The trailer looks decent. Since it's from the director of High Tension, I think it shows promise. Does anyone know an exact release date?

newb
02-21-2006, 10:43 AM
I was kinda hoping Michael Berryman would have been in it........even just a bit part...ya know...for nostalgic reasons.

AUSTIN316426808
02-21-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by newb
I was kinda hoping Michael Berryman would have been in it........even just a bit part...ya know...for nostalgic reasons.

Yeah, they could've at least thrown him in at the gas station.

@noctuary-March 10.

Posher778
02-21-2006, 01:57 PM
no, i think some people misunderstood what i mean sometimes. i'm just never specific enough. for example dawn of the dead 1978, its a great movie, and i only meant it was boring because, as much as i remember, there was a huge lack of action in it, just, getting in the mall, and... talking, and occasionally shooting. i REALLY love the ending to dotd 1978 because of the bikers and such, and the one part where the elevator opens and the zombies literally shred the guy in it. i just liked the remake more, because the zombies showed a different side of horror, that isnt normally portrayed by zombies, the running. i'd be 20 times as terrified if a zombie came stampeding at me than bumbling along like they do.

ItsAlive75
02-21-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by newb

I always assumed it was a given. Shit, if the guy's in a Rob Zombie movie he could might as well pop his head in this flick.

AUSTIN316426808
02-22-2006, 12:26 AM
He might be uncredited, lingering in the background of a scene.

urgeok
02-22-2006, 04:27 AM
He might be uncredited, lingering in the background of a scene.

a guy who looks like that .. lingering in the background ?
i dont think so :)

Posher778
02-22-2006, 03:12 PM
you havent been following this guys posts ..
everything sucks .. or is boring ...etc ..

he doesnt like anything ..

You're being to quick to judge. I already said.... Most of the time it isnt the whole movie, just parts of it, depending on the theme and setting. What gets me hooked is a danger feeling usually. Such as, again, old dotd vs new. I didn't feel like the 4 people were in any danger hardly until the end, where as, in the remake, the speedy zombies made everything scarier.

AUSTIN316426808
02-22-2006, 09:32 PM
They(remake cast) were in practically no danger at all through the middle of the film. In the original there were zombies throughout the mall which they had to continuously go through to get food and supplies. So if you ask me the original had the cast in more danger throughout the body of the film more so than the remake.

Sick_As_Fuck
02-26-2006, 09:25 PM
I didn't like the original but the trailers for this one look sick. I'll definitely go and see it when it opens.

bloodrayne
02-26-2006, 09:44 PM
a guy who looks like that .. lingering in the background ?
i dont think so :) HaHa...That's what I was thinking...He certainly has a...'unique'... look...

bloodrayne
02-26-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
I always assumed it was a given. Shit, if the guy's in a Rob Zombie movie he could might as well pop his head in this flick. I was surprised to see him in there...As well as Steve Railsback

Posher778
02-27-2006, 04:17 AM
They(remake cast) were in practically no danger at all through the middle of the film. In the original there were zombies throughout the mall which they had to continuously go through to get food and supplies. So if you ask me the original had the cast in more danger throughout the body of the film more so than the remake.

But the zombies were far too slow. The bikers threw PIES at them...

The STE
02-27-2006, 09:52 AM

don't forget, in the original they went around and killed all the zombies in the mall and put them in a meat locker, then when the one guy turned Ben shot him, then they were Zombie-free. In the remake, Pfeifer's character was hiding his zombie lady and her zombie baby, and when the shit from that went down was when they decided to leave the mall.

Posher778
02-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by The STE
don't forget, in the original they went around and killed all the zombies in the mall and put them in a meat locker, then when the one guy turned Ben shot him, then they were Zombie-free. In the remake, Pfeifer's character was hiding his zombie lady and her zombie baby, and when the shit from that went down was when they decided to leave the mall.

Actually thats partly not true. They were forced to evacuate because when the people got back from rescuing the girl with the dog, the zombies infested the mall, and they had to run immediately or die.

kung-fu-jesus
03-07-2006, 06:27 AM
looks good, actually looks gorier tant the original, in the original they werent really mutants, just ugly as hell. i hope they keep all the sceens with the dog the same( they were bad ass). in other words ill be seeing it opening night.

urgeok
03-10-2006, 06:22 AM
my friend who reviews film just gave a giant thumbs up to this film on the radio today.

he's a huge fan of the origional and says this one is the bomb.

zwoti - feral cat ... you guys have more reason than anyone to dig this film (apparently it delves deeply into the western genre after the hour mark)

i'm now hyped to see it ..

hollywoodgothiq
03-10-2006, 07:52 AM
Western genre? More like the "Death Wish" genre -- i.e., a man's wife is killed so he goes on a rampage.

I guess it's a bit like a western -- you know, "a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do," and all that bullshit.

READ A REVIEW HERE: http://hollywoodgothique.com/hillshaveeyes2006.html

urgeok
03-10-2006, 08:00 AM
eh .. i'm still interested ..

i generally see eye to eye on most films ..(certainly not all)
as my friend. I share his sense of fun in film and being a big fan of the western he was quite taken with this one.

there are a lot of things i'm sick of in films ... but this film, from your review and his - doesnt hit on any of my negative buttons - so far.

i guess i wont know till i see it.

crazy raplh
03-10-2006, 09:48 AM
i will see it tonight

Abominus
03-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Just came back from the Hills Have Eyes. A must see, no question about it. If you're a fan of the original go see it. If you're not go see it.

Great job from start to finish.

Go see it now...now...now.:D

Angra
03-13-2006, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Abominus
Just came back from the Hills Have Eyes. A must see, no question about it. If you're a fan of the original go see it. If you're not go see it.

Great job from start to finish.

Go see it now...now...now.:D

Sooo... What kind of horror is it?

Is it like TCM and House of 1000 corpses?

Or is it good?:D

noctuary
03-13-2006, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Angra
Sooo... What kind of horror is it?

Is it like TCM and House of 1000 corpses?

Or is it good?:D
I don't really think it's like either of those movies. It's much less slavish than HoTC and more imaginative than the TCM remake. While it's obviously a remake, Aja clearly decided early on that he was going to take the story in the direction that he chose, rather than trying to imitate Craven's film. I'd say that it has a bit of the seventies flavor that those films had but, in my opinion, it's much more a modern film than either of those. It's one of the better remakes I've seen.

Angra
03-13-2006, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by noctuary
I don't really think it's like either of those movies. It's much less slavish than HoTC and more imaginative than the TCM remake. While it's obviously a remake, Aja clearly decided early on that he was going to take the story in the direction that he chose, rather than trying to imitate Craven's film. I'd say that it has a bit of the seventies flavor that those films had but, in my opinion, it's much more a modern film than either of those. It's one of the better remakes I've seen.

Sounds good. :)