PDA

View Full Version : Englund: More Freddy Coming?

phantomstranger
02-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Englund: More Freddy Coming?
Freddy vs. Jason star Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger) told the Bloody-Disgusting.com Web site that New Line wants to make another movie with his character. "New Line is committed to making at least one more Freddy movie," Englund told the site. "They have commissioned both a [Nightmare on Elm Street] prequel and Freddy vs. Jason vs. Michael Myers. No word on which one they will actually make or when."

The latter film would pit Nightmare's Freddy against Friday the 13th's Jason Voorhees and Halloween's psychopathic killer, Myers.

Englund also revealed that New Line ordered a pilot for a reality series featuring him as the host. "New Line made Nightmare on Elm Street: Real Nightmares, a reality show that I hosted, in which contestants described their nightmares and then were challenged to confront their fears by being put in a situation that evoked their nightmares," he said. "For example, a woman scared of clowns was locked in a fun house and terrorized by clowns who appeared out of mirrors and down through the ceiling, etc. For whatever asinine reason they decided not to air it. That's all I know. Oh, it could possibly air on the new CW network."

Chaos17
02-07-2006, 09:25 PM
thats sounds great. if would like him to do a Freddy vs Jason vs Michael Myers better.

coz a Nightmare on Elm street they already finished thes tory.

Y2DAZZ
02-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Finished it... hell no 'Freddy's Dead' is not 'A Nightmare On Elm Street' film, as far as I'm concurned its a different franchise, plus Wes brought freddy into 'reality' with 'A New Nightmare'.

I would love to see a prequel to ANOES because his death and what not was never explained properly and I hope to god they don't make mike myers in the FVJ film ...get ASH or better yet just Freddy and Jason totaly go at each other fuck the children or whatever gets in their way they just unlesh hell trying to kill eachother.

Dismal
02-12-2006, 09:01 AM
I wish you could but you cant beleive anything Robert Englund says.

Dee Hart
02-17-2006, 04:14 PM
I hope so I love all the freddy krueger movies, and I am trying
to find a the box set, but I have question, how about since
we have already seen freddy vs. jason, then how about
michael myers vs. jason, and freddy vs. leather face from
texas chainsaw massacre, or demon dolls vs feamle chucky,
or puppet master dolls vs. chucky. how about it,
amityville horror vs the house by the cemetery.

Elvis_Christ
02-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Dismal
I wish you could but you cant beleive anything Robert Englund says.

hhaha :) why not?

urgeok
02-18-2006, 04:38 AM
I think that Mr Englund is very desperate to keep working.

Nyarlathotep
02-18-2006, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
I think that Mr Englund is very desperate to keep working.

maybe he'll be lucky and they will remake V

urgeok
02-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Nyarlathotep
maybe he'll be lucky and they will remake V

was that the other thing he did ? :)

Krueger
02-21-2006, 12:43 PM
I've heard rumours about a new Freddyfilm coming up, but with a different twist. It's about the childmurderer Krueger, before he was "killed" by all those parents.

Just a rumour though, but I think it's quite believable.

urgeok
02-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Krueger
I've heard rumours about a new Freddyfilm coming up, but with a different twist. It's about the childmurderer Krueger, before he was "killed" by all those parents.

yeah someone mentioned that before ...

and what a delightful film it would be too ..

90 minutes of pedophilia and child killings ... wonderful :rolleyes:

Krueger
02-21-2006, 01:08 PM

Posher778
02-21-2006, 01:11 PM
V is an awesome movie(s)

The_Return
02-21-2006, 01:28 PM
So Krueger....hows the 10 second memory working for ya?

Posher778
02-21-2006, 01:57 PM
when is he going to die.

ItsAlive75
02-21-2006, 08:55 PM
I bet when people meet Englund they usually say, "Hmm... anybody else suddenly smell desperation?"

BloodRedFlower
03-12-2006, 02:07 PM
A prequel showing Freddy before getting killed sounds great! I always thought that part of the story could have been more elaborate.

If they decide to do it, I hope Freddy shows more of his dark side (as in the New Nightmare or NOES 1) and not his "comediant" side.

Hm.. allow me to advertise myself, here's a piece of fan art I did of NOES, enjoy! (or not)

http://www.deviantart.com/view/27056046/

Abominus
03-12-2006, 06:42 PM
I think he has gained almost a cult status which should keep him doing low budget horror for ever. Look for him in Strangeland (Great flick) and in the straight to DVD 2001 Maniacs.

Have a little respect for a man who made Freddy who he is and has the largest ego ever to grace a DVD commentary.

subjugator
03-13-2006, 04:38 PM
michael vs jason vs freddy sounds retarded.

lets hope they make a prequel.

Angelakillsluts
03-17-2006, 08:23 AM
a NOES prequel could be very interesting, if they make it I bet they will try to appeal to short attention span crowd though. :(

The_Return
03-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Abominus
Have a little respect for a man who made Freddy who he is and has the largest ego ever to grace a DVD commentary.

Heared the commentary on the Boogeyman: Killer Compilation DVD I'd assume? Thats the only commentary Ive heared with him, but good Lord all he talks about is either himself or Freddy! No matter what the clip was, he found some way to relate it to himself, NOES, or something of the like:rolleyes:

tachii
03-27-2006, 02:44 PM
hope englund doesn't do it
let freddy go with what's left of his dignity :(

Abominus
03-27-2006, 07:30 PM
The commentary on Freddy vs. Jason is pretty funny for an ego that's too big for it's britches. I watched through NOES part 1-3 today and started to think a prequel could be good in the right hands...like mine.

It might have been my severe boredom melting my brain cells.

tachii
03-28-2006, 05:37 PM
still too big a risk to take
how can anyone redeem a drowning franchise
just let it go
i beseach thee! :(

iloveskunk
03-29-2006, 07:52 PM
im sorry but if Michael Myers appears in another film i will kill sombody he's the lamest bad guy in the world no powers just never dies and if jason feddy and micheal were to fight they will just make them all survive in the end cant upset the fans even tho we all want a winner!!

Posher778
03-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Michael has the same powers as jason and most psycho's, but still, go away.

tachii
03-30-2006, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Posher778
Michael has the same powers as jason and most psycho's, but still, go away.

jason isn't a psycho
he's just a drowned retard seeking vengance
and apparently the gig does him good

urgeok
03-30-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by tachii

he's just a drowned retard seeking vengance

man, if i had a nickle for every one of those i've met in my lifetime .. whooo boy !

Nyarlathotep
03-30-2006, 09:21 AM
man, if i had a nickle for every one of those i've met in my lifetime .. whooo boy !

http://www.duanekeiser.com/Assets/nickel.jpg

tachii
03-30-2006, 09:21 AM
retards?

too many to count

urgeok
03-30-2006, 09:35 AM
no - specifically : drowned retards seeking vengance

every time i turn a corner, there's another one !

:D

BloodRedFlower
03-30-2006, 09:49 AM
no - specifically : drowned retards seeking vengance

every time i turn a corner, there's another one !

:D

LOL!

tachii
03-30-2006, 10:26 AM
yeah, definately too many vengance seeking retards to count....while drunk

urgeok
03-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by tachii
yeah, definately too many vengance seeking retards to count....while drunk

oh sure, there's a fair share of vengance seeking retards,
but drowned retards seeking vengance - you cant swing a dead cat without hitting one around here !

tachii
03-30-2006, 10:45 AM
yeah, they just stumble around in a drunken stupor
evil bastards!

freddy69
04-13-2006, 05:22 PM
i think that would be really kool if they made another freddy movie

Chaos17
04-14-2006, 01:25 AM
will there be a Freddy Vs Jason 2 then? has it been confirmed that there will be one or not?

KF100
04-16-2006, 04:31 AM
I think they should just go back to Freddy killing teenagers like in 1-6.

Posher778
04-16-2006, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by KF100
I think they should just go back to Freddy killing teenagers like in 1-6.

No! Damn Robert Englund, Damn Wes Craven, and Damn mother fucking HOLLYWOOD.

That said.... leave NOES alone.

The_Return
04-16-2006, 05:37 AM

Well said

Posher778
04-16-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by The_Return
Well said

Another thing we agree on:)

VampiricClown
04-16-2006, 09:51 AM

My thoughts on this are actually split. In a way, I want another Freddy movie just to see it. But, I also think...er...Know, that it would ruin the series completely.

So, it won't affect me one way or the other.

Posher778
04-16-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by VampiricClown
My thoughts on this are actually split. In a way, I want another Freddy movie just to see it. But, I also think...er...Know, that it would ruin the series completely.

So, it won't affect me one way or the other.

Oh please... That series was dead after the second reared its ugly ass head.

VampiricClown
04-16-2006, 10:14 AM
Oh please... That series was dead after the second reared its ugly ass head.

Haha, yeah. The second one did suck pretty bad. I just liked Freddy's whole character mostly. The first one was great, the rest sucked. But in a weird way, you still have to watch them. lol

The_Return
04-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Ive only seen the first one and Freddy vs Jason, and I really enjoyed both for totally different reasons. The first one worked because it was very original, had a great concept, and had a bad-ass villain. Freddy vs Jason worked because it was mindless entertainment, pure and simple. Lots of inventive deaths, some comedy thrown in, and a battle between two of the biggest icons of the horror industry. Loved 'em both.

Slipknot 666
04-16-2006, 02:03 PM
He went out in fastion in fvj ( even though there was a twist, this winking head and all ) but i think i should end there.
But thats me :rolleyes:

Posher778
04-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Slipknot 666
He went out in fastion in fvj ( even though there was a twist, this winking head and all ) but i think i should end there.
But thats me :rolleyes:

Dude... it was dead far before freddy vs Jason. I also think friday the 13th was one of the dumbest 80's slashers ever too.

The_Return
04-16-2006, 04:00 PM
I also think friday the 13th was one of the dumbest 80's slashers ever too.

Agreed! So overrated it's not even funny. The ending was pretty cool though, I must admit.

Posher778
04-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
Agreed! So overrated it's not even funny. The ending was pretty cool though, I must admit.

Sorry, disagree there as well. A poor jump out attempt.