PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man 3

Pages : [1] 2

Prelude95Si
01-31-2006, 03:16 PM
Things are starting to sound a little scary with this installment. I have news that Gwen Stacy has just been added to the cast.
With assortment of Sandman, possibly Venom, maybe a Goblin, and now Stacy. I'm starting to get worried about this film.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bryce Dallas Howard Joins Spider-Man 3
Source: The Hollywood Reporter January 18, 2006

Bryce Dallas Howard ("The Village") will play Peter Parker's love interest Gwen Stacy in Columbia Pictures' Spider-Man 3. Sam Raimi is directing the movie, which started filming this month.

Gwen is pivotal in Spider-Man lore as Peter's high school crush, his girlfriend and his first love. She ended up being kidnapped by the Green Goblin and died during a bridgetop battle in "Amazing Spider-Man" issue 121.

Columbia is keeping a tight lid on the third movie's story line, though it is known that Gwen is the third part of a love triangle that includes Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson.

Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and James Franco are reprising their roles. Thomas Haden Church plays Sandman and Topher Grace a yet-to-be-named villain.

The movie is being produced by Laura Ziskin and Marvel Studios' Avi Arad. The story is by Sam Raimi and Ivan Raimi, with a screenplay by Alvin Sargent.

Howard stars in M. Night Shyamalan's upcoming Lady in the Water as well as Kenneth Branagh's As You Like It. Howard also stars in Lars von Trier's Manderlay, which opens January 27.

noctuary
02-01-2006, 07:23 AM
Er... I think they may be looking to bite off more than they can chew with this one... If they want to include the entire storyline with Gwen, this is going to be quite a long film...

KF100
02-05-2006, 09:04 AM
I heard that sandman was supposed to be the main villain and then at the end venom would come and the fourth will leave off where the third ended.

Despare
02-05-2006, 09:21 AM
I thought Lizard was a lock for the 3rd? Maybe the fourth movie then. Sam can make as many Spiderman movies as he wants, the last two were good movies. Besides, I've read hundreds of Spiderman comics and still been interested so why not 3 movies... or 4 or 5. He better save time for Evil Dead 4 though, Bruce needs some exposure as Ash dammit.

crazy raplh
02-05-2006, 09:57 PM
what about venom? or the red evil spider man guy.

KF100
02-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Yeah carnage is the best.

urgeok
02-06-2006, 12:16 PM
i wish they'd do a marvel-DC crossover and have spiderman and batman team up ..

Chaos17
02-06-2006, 03:27 PM
yeh on another spider man 3 thread in this site i asked if venom would be in spider man 3 and they said yes?

Prelude95Si
02-08-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by KF100
I heard that sandman was supposed to be the main villain and then at the end venom would come and the fourth will leave off where the third ended.

Venom = Topher Grace

I've heard that they may try and film 3 & 4 together or that 3 would lead into 4 but I haven't heard anything for sure.

Prelude95Si
02-08-2006, 09:01 AM
James Cromwell Joins Spider-Man 3
Source: The Hollywood Reporter February 5, 2006

James Cromwell has joined the cast of Columbia Pictures' Spider-Man 3 as Captain Stacy, the father of Bryce Dallas Howard's character, Gwen.

In the "Amazing Spider-Man" comic books, Stacy dies a heroic death as he saves a child during a battle between Spider-Man and another supervillain. Peter Parker love interest Gwen Stacy (Howard) ends up blaming Spider-Man for her father's death.

Cromwell joins returning cast members Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and James Franco as well as Topher Grace, Thomas Haden Church and Theresa Russell. Sam Raimi is directing.

Cromwell is best known for starring in the "Babe" movies, the first of which earned him an Oscar nomination for best supporting actor, and as a villain in "L.A. Confidential." His recent role on "Six Feet Under" earned him an Emmy mention in 2003.

Pic of Bryce Dallas Howard who is playing Gwen Stacy
http://superherohype.com/nextraimages/bdhgsttswjl2.jpg

Yellow Jacket
02-12-2006, 12:12 PM
These guys don't know what they won't to do with Spider-man 3 anymore. All I hope is that Venom is in it, even if it's only at the end to build hype for the fourth installment.

Prelude95Si
02-19-2006, 01:35 PM
http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7781779&postcount=18

It sounds like Sandman is the main villian and Venom shows-up at the end to lead into Spider-Man 4

lovecraft
02-24-2006, 02:11 PM
Here is a tease pic...
check it out.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=3892 (http://)

The_Return
02-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by lovecraft
Here is a tease pic...
check it out.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=3892 (http://)

Providing that it is an authentic teaser, Id say that pretty much cements the Venom rumors.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

cheebacheeba
02-24-2006, 07:44 PM
Well...after the first and second Spider-Man films still being among Marvels best despite history butchering, I'm down to watch the third.
One thing that shits me though...Topher Grace. Does anyone else think this guy is absolutely the WORST choice ever, to play Eddie Brock (Venom)? Eddie Brock is BIG, bigger than Parker - Grace is a shrimp, and I'm not sure, but I think he's smaller than tobey.M...It just doesn't seem right.

I wonder how the "suit" is going to come into existence? I'm sure it can't be the whole secret wars bit, that would just make it completely stupid...however, since jj Jamesons son is in the second film, they could possibly follow a similar storyline to the 90's cartoon in regards to the suit...which was simply something that Jamesons son, the astronaut brings back from space.
Seems that might be ok....but still, fucking topher grace?:rolleyes:
Personally, I would've went for Timothy Oliphant to play Brock. He's got the size, and he does psycho pretty well, as for Sandman
I think Rourke would've rocked...but ah well...

Here's hoping it's as good as the first two.
I can't wait to see how much better they've made the digital work, and fight scenes this time.

The_Return
02-24-2006, 07:49 PM
At first I thought Topher was a bad choice, but the more I think about it the better he sounds. Physically he doesnt fit the part, but if you look past that minor detail, he seems perfect.

If I tried to explain why I think that tonight, it would come out as an incoherant mess. Tomorrow.

Prelude95Si
02-24-2006, 08:15 PM
SPIDER-MAN IN A BLACK SUIT!

http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/

The_Return
02-24-2006, 08:21 PM
Look up...look WAAAAY up....

**Couldnt find picture from Big Friendly Giant**

noctuary
02-24-2006, 08:30 PM
The black suit looks cool as hell... I'm just wondering about something though. How exactly are they going to explain Venom's origin? I mean, they couldn't possibly do it the same as in the comics... Spidey had the symbiote suit for a really long time, like a couple years in the comics I think. And also, Secret Wars just wouldn't work. The movie would be six hours long.

The_Return
02-24-2006, 08:36 PM
In the 90's cartoon, the symbiote was brought to Earth by astronauts, namely Jamesons son. I think that would fit the movies perfectly, as JJ Jr. has already been introduced.

lovecraft
02-25-2006, 07:39 AM
Topher Grace would not be my choice for Venom either. Maybe its just all rumors and speculation. Maybe hw will be in the movie but not as Venom.

And if you look Tobey and Topher look alot alike...

slasherman
02-25-2006, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Prelude95Si
SPIDER-MAN IN A BLACK SUIT!

http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/
thats not his black suit.....its just a black and white picture

Yellow Jacket
02-26-2006, 12:02 AM
Topher Grace would not be my choice for Venom either. Maybe its just all rumors and speculation. Maybe hw will be in the movie but not as Venom.

I like Topher Grace and think he's a great actor, but he definitely shouldn't play Venom! Have him in the movie, but just as somebody else.

The_Return
02-26-2006, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by slasherman
thats not his black suit.....its just a black and white picture

No, look closer. There are tinges of blue, esp. around the "3". The picture is not in black and white.

The_Return
02-26-2006, 12:08 AM
Heh, I love the countdown on that site

431 Days, 20 Hours, 51 minutes and 37 second until Spiderman 3 comes out!

slasherman
02-26-2006, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by The_Return
No, look closer. There are tinges of blue, esp. around the "3". The picture is not in black and white.
..if they follow the comic serie..that black suit dont have stripes .....

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/slasherman1971/spidey-webb.jpg

Prelude95Si
02-26-2006, 10:33 AM

If you look at the Ultimate Spider-Man, and movies seem to follow this storyline a lot, Brock is a skinny kid who is the same age as Parker. And sense Tobey and Topher look alike its perfect b/c Venom is like an evil mirror image of Spider-Man.

Prelude95Si
02-26-2006, 10:35 AM
..if they follow the comic serie..that black suit dont have stripes .....

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/slasherman1971/spidey-webb.jpg

Why does the costume have to be exactly the same as in the comic? There are various differences in the original costume. Ex. Look at the back of Spidy's costume in #2, the big red spider is more like a Venom spider rather than the round fat spider thats in the comics.

The STE
02-26-2006, 07:07 PM
Topher is Venom, several places have quoted Dunst as confirming it.

And that poster is Emo-liscious! I can't wait for the scene where Spidey whips out his lap-top and starts posting in his livejournal about having to deal with the super-villains and shit

Posher778
02-26-2006, 07:12 PM
I never cared much about spiderman. I loved the 1st movie, but the second was to dramatic for my taste. I really liked the razor-choppers goblin had in SM1

The STE
02-26-2006, 07:14 PM
how this movie should go down:

Spidey gets the symbiote, gets rid of it, it merges with Brock, who hates Pete. It knows all about Pete, so Brock now knows all about Pete, and kills Aunt May and MJ. Harry blames Spider-Pete, and becomes the Green Hornet (it'd be SO MUCH cooler if he became the Green Hornet instead of the Green Goblin), goes after Pete, they fight, Pete doesn't want to kill his friend, Venom comes in and kills Harry. It'd be awesome

Posher778
02-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Here's my trilogy idea.

A bad guy steals some money, and gets away. Spiderman gets slightly injured but lives.

The_Return
02-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by The STE
how this movie should go down:

Spidey gets the symbiote, gets rid of it, it merges with Brock, who hates Pete. It knows all about Pete, so Brock now knows all about Pete, and kills Aunt May and MJ. Harry blames Spider-Pete, and becomes the Green Hornet (it'd be SO MUCH cooler if he became the Green Hornet instead of the Green Goblin), goes after Pete, they fight, Pete doesn't want to kill his friend, Venom comes in and kills Harry. It'd be awesome

Awesome yes, but theres no chance they'd do it. Everything other than killing Aunt May and MJ could happen, but they'd never do that. To risky.

As for Harry, Im holding out hopoe that he modifies the suit and becomes...

http://www.samruby.com/Villains/HobgoblinI/Hobgoblin.gif

There's alreay rumors about that floating around, hopefully it happens. Green Goblin looked awful in the first one.

cheebacheeba
02-28-2006, 11:21 PM
But why would they turn Harry into hobgoblin?

Sandman should be pretty cool...but venom...I dunno, they say he doesn't appear as the symbiote until the end of the 3rd film, leaving a fourth film being entirely open for just him in the 4th, but I'm not sure that'll happen.

Prelude95Si
03-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
But why would they turn Harry into hobgoblin?

Sandman should be pretty cool...but venom...I dunno, they say he doesn't appear as the symbiote until the end of the 3rd film, leaving a fourth film being entirely open for just him in the 4th, but I'm not sure that'll happen.

They would change Harry to the Hobgoblin for 2 reasons:
1) Main stream audience won't accept a repeat villian, in other words the average movie goer would be board with a GG 2.
2) Hobgoblin gives the toy company an opportunity to market a new toy. Kids probably won't buy a second GG if they already have the GG from the first movie.

Eddie Brock is already going to show-up in #3, and it is highly likely that #3 will end with a tail ending leading into #4. The only reason they even did Sandman was b/c Sandman is Tobey's favorite villian.

The STE
03-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Awesome yes, but theres no chance they'd do it. Everything other than killing Aunt May and MJ could happen, but they'd never do that. To risky.

As for Harry, Im holding out hopoe that he modifies the suit and becomes...

http://www.samruby.com/Villains/HobgoblinI/Hobgoblin.gif

There's alreay rumors about that floating around, hopefully it happens. Green Goblin looked awful in the first one.

ok, maybe not May, but MJ should bite it in this one

Despare
03-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Check out sony's page for the movie, wonder why they show all those villians? Looks like in this movie or the next they will introduce the Sinister 6 (fingers crossed).

Prelude95Si
03-02-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Despare
Check out sony's page for the movie, wonder why they show all those villians? Looks like in this movie or the next they will introduce the Sinister 6 (fingers crossed).

Oh GOD I hope not! That would be too much for the movies. Plus they would have to bring back Doc Ock b/c the Sinister Six is not the Six w/o Doc Ock. And to bring back Doc Ock would destory the type of character established in movie 2.

Also, I'm not a big fan of superhero movies that bring out multiple villians. i.e. the Batman movies, except for Batman Returns, they made that movie work.

Prelude95Si
03-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Since everyone thinks that MJ will die consider this:

There is a rumor going around that there will be atleast 6 Spidy movies. More than likely if Dunst leaves the Spidy movies her career will bottom out and then she will want to return.
So more than likely MJ will leave b/c of a job offer or something and then come back in a later sequal. Personaly I don't care for a love triangle with MJ, Parker, and Stacey. A better triangle would be MJ, Parker, and Black Cat.
Who wouldn't love to see Black Cat on screen?

cheebacheeba
03-08-2006, 08:28 PM
I can see them trying to put Pamela Anderson or some shit like that in the role....no thankyou.
The role would be interesting to put on film though, I mean a good guy/bad guy type storyline...Seems Gwen Stacy is a little pointless though...
I'd also like to see the lizard as a potential "starter" villain, since they already introduced connors in the last film. I can't see the lizard carrying the film as the main villain though...a good fight with him would be cool though.

Prelude95Si
03-09-2006, 02:42 PM
I can see them trying to put Pamela Anderson or some shit like that in the role....no thankyou.
The role would be interesting to put on film though, I mean a good guy/bad guy type storyline...Seems Gwen Stacy is a little pointless though...
I'd also like to see the lizard as a potential "starter" villain, since they already introduced connors in the last film. I can't see the lizard carrying the film as the main villain though...a good fight with him would be cool though.

The Lizard could have had his own film if they did the story the way #2 went with Parker respecting Doc Ock and wanting to help him. But since they already did that storyline I don't think that the Lizard could hold his own storyline.

Prelude95Si
03-13-2006, 08:51 AM
Uncle Ben to Return for Spider-Man 3
Source: The Palm Beach Post March 10, 2006

The Palm Beach Post talked to 80-year-old Cliff Robertson, who revealed that Uncle Ben will make an appearance in Spider-Man 3:

Robertson, now known as Spider-Man's uncle, told Page Two he'll take back the ghostly personae of the murdered Ben Parker in Spider-Man 3.

"I just got a call that they were going to bring my character back to life again," he said. His part is being filmed in May.

Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst are back in the lead roles, Robertson said. But he pretended to lock off his mouth with a key when asked to give up more about the future blockbuster.

Prelude95Si
03-20-2006, 08:44 AM
Spider-Man 3 Teaser Targeted for Talladega Nights
Source: Notfabio March 20, 2006

Sony Pictures is targeting Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby as the film you'll see the Spider-Man 3 teaser trailer with! The NASCAR action comedy, starring Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, Sascha Baron Cohen, Gary Cole and Michael Clarke Duncan, will be released in theaters on Friday, August 4th.

It is unsure if you'll get to see the teaser online before that date and things can always change, so stay tuned.

Prelude95Si
03-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Banks' excitement does get the better of her, however, when talk turns to the recently leaked image of a mysterious figure in a black Spider-Man costume (see "New 'Spidey 3' Image Has Fans Tingling About Venom"). "They're really exploring the dark side of power, the power a superhero has," Banks said. "Do you use it all for good? That's the question. That's the main theme of the movie."

Pressed for a bit more, Banks would only reveal that she did see the black-suited figure walking around the set. Asked if there was any kind of white logo or trimming (which could indicate the villainous Venom rather than a new suit for Spidey), Banks dropped the bombshell that the suit is all one color: "It's black."

Banks insisted that she doesn't mind being peppered with such questions and that she's appreciative of her role in one of the most high-profile series in movie history. "It is very cool; I'm really excited for people to see it," she said. "I worked not much longer in this movie than I did on the previous two movies, so that will be an indication of how big my role is, and then we'll see what they end up with in the actual movie."

Banks, who portrayed the party girl from hell in last year's "The 40-Year-Old Virgin," did admit to one question she is sick of answering: " 'Do you like to do it yourself?' " she quoted from the movie. "People associate that line with me."

Check out everything we've got on Elizabeth Banks and "Spider-Man 3."

Visit Movies on MTV.com for more from Hollywood, including news, interviews, trailers and more.

persuasian70
04-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Since everyone thinks that MJ will die consider this:

There is a rumor going around that there will be atleast 6 Spidy movies. More than likely if Dunst leaves the Spidy movies her career will bottom out and then she will want to return.
So more than likely MJ will leave b/c of a job offer or something and then come back in a later sequal. Personaly I don't care for a love triangle with MJ, Parker, and Stacey. A better triangle would be MJ, Parker, and Black Cat.
Who wouldn't love to see Black Cat on screen?

Black Cat would be a very cool addition. I could see maybe Elisa Cuthbert or Rachel McAdams playing Black Cat.

Sick_As_Fuck
04-11-2006, 01:39 AM
McAdams would be great as Black Cat. She's both hot and a good actress. However, I hope they don't start introducing too many damn characters. All I'd need for this third one is Sandman and Venom [at the very end]. Then for the fourth film, if Harry hasn't been killed off yet, have Venom as the obvious main baddy, Harry as Green Goblin #2 just for a brief fight, then at the end introduce Connors as Lizard for the fifth film. Could work.

urgeok
04-11-2006, 08:31 AM
what about Haile Berry ?

she has the costume ! :p

Despare
04-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Introduce TONS of villians! I want the Sinister Six in Spiderman 4.

lovecraft
04-11-2006, 01:38 PM
actually I think Jessica Simpson would make a great black cat.

The_Return
04-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Despare
Introduce TONS of villians! I want the Sinister Six in Spiderman 4.

Too bad Doc Ock's already dead

persuasian70
04-11-2006, 03:20 PM
actually I think Jessica Simpson would make a great black cat.

I think Jessica has the right look to play Black Cat, but I think she lacks the acting chops to pull it off. I think she might also have a hard time with the acrobatic aspects, as she looks to be somewhat clumsey.

The_Return
04-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by persuasian70
I think Jessica has the right look to play Black Cat, but I think she lacks the acting chops to pull it off. I think she might also have a hard time with the acrobatic aspects, as she looks to be somewhat clumsey.

My thoughts exactly. I agree with Eisha Cutherburt though, she's do a good job once she's a bit older.

The_Return
04-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Sick_As_Fuck
McAdams would be great as Black Cat. She's both hot and a good actress. However, I hope they don't start introducing too many damn characters. All I'd need for this third one is Sandman and Venom [at the very end]. Then for the fourth film, if Harry hasn't been killed off yet, have Venom as the obvious main baddy, Harry as Green Goblin #2 just for a brief fight, then at the end introduce Connors as Lizard for the fifth film. Could work.

Comeon, did you see the ending of #2? How could they not have either Hobgoblin or Green Goblin 2? Personally I think Sandman is the one that should be eliminated, would be best with just Hobgoblin and a taste of Venom. Oh well, I cant imagine Raimi disapointing us no matter who or what is in the film:D

persuasian70
04-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Yeah I think that the Hobgoblin will have a part in the series based on the end of Spiderman 2. Although I would've been happy if they left him out as he is just a copy of the Green Goblin except with improved weapons. The only aspect that would make it interesting would be how it affects the friendship between Harry and Peter, although the friendship is already strained due to MJ. I for one would love to see the Sandman. I always liked the character, I also think Kraven would be cool though. With that being said, I can't wait to see Venom on the screen. He could and should look amazing with what they can do FX these days.

I still think that a love triangle between MJ, Spiderman, and Black Cat would add some needed tension in the relationship department.

Sick_As_Fuck
04-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Comeon, did you see the ending of #2? How could they not have either Hobgoblin or Green Goblin 2? Personally I think Sandman is the one that should be eliminated, would be best with just Hobgoblin and a taste of Venom. Oh well, I cant imagine Raimi disapointing us no matter who or what is in the film:D

I agree, and I don't even know too much about Sandman myself, but he's already obviously confirmed and having him, another Goblin, and Venom all in one movie would be a bad move IMO. Add the symbiote in the mix and that's way too much going on in a 2-hour span. We don't want this series to go the route of Batman 3 and 4 now do we?

Prelude95Si
04-12-2006, 08:42 AM
A lot of thoughts going on here.

First off, no Sinister-Six, too many villains doesn't work in a movie regardless of the length.

Jessica Simpon would be a horrible Black Cat in suit b/c she does not have the slightly muscual physic that Black Cat has.

I think to bring in a new goblin would be too soon unless they plan on ending the series with #3. I say that b/c The way the movies are going it would be perfect closure to the realtionship with Harry and Peter as well as closure to the goblin legacy. But if Rami does it right I suppose a new goblin could work in #3.

Sandman is a lame villain and I really don't care for him as a character, I don't see how he will affect the life of Peter the way GG and Doc Ock did. As far as i know Sandman does not have any ties to Peter's past or personal life in the comics. But visualy he will look bad ass!

I think that Electro might be a cool villain to see on the screen, especailly if they do the Ultimate Electro.

Prelude95Si
04-12-2006, 08:47 AM
Church on Sandman and Confirms Venom
Source: MSN Movies April 11, 2006

MSN Movies chatted with Thomas Haden Church about playing Sandman in Spider-Man 3, an interview in which he talked about the story and confirmed Venom is in the film:

"[Director Sam Raimi] and I started having really involved sessions about who the guy was," Church says. "Clearly, it's taken from the fourth issue of 'Spider-Man,' which was when Sandman was introduced and which I now have framed on my wall."

Church is still sworn to secrecy regarding plot details (he might want to consider moonlighting as a CIA agent), but he wants to let fans know they won't be disappointed.

"I'm overwhelmed every time I'm around Sam," Church says. "He's been showing me [stuff] since the beginning of last summer. 'This is what we are going to be doing in this sequence, this is what Spider-Man is going to be doing and this is what Venom is going to be doing.' It is a massive, massive process."

lovecraft
04-12-2006, 01:47 PM
You know what I want to see? A villian who is bad because he is bad. In SM I, we have the Norman who went nuts because of the formula and in SM II, Otto was taken over partly by the intelligent arms. So they both sort of came to their senses at the end of their stories. I want a villian who delights in being bad. Hopefully Venom will fit the bill. I think Sandman might but he is not as cool as Venom.

And I still think Jessica Simpson would make a great Black Cat. SHe has a good body, but she can't act her way out of a paper bag. Maybe if she kept quiet the whole movie.

Prelude95Si
04-12-2006, 05:07 PM
You know what I want to see? A villian who is bad because he is bad. In SM I, we have the Norman who went nuts because of the formula and in SM II, Otto was taken over partly by the intelligent arms. So they both sort of came to their senses at the end of their stories. I want a villian who delights in being bad. Hopefully Venom will fit the bill. I think Sandman might but he is not as cool as Venom.

And I still think Jessica Simpson would make a great Black Cat. SHe has a good body, but she can't act her way out of a paper bag. Maybe if she kept quiet the whole movie.

Norman never truly came to his senses even in the movie b/c at the very end he was still the Goblin, and really all the formula did was give Norman super strength and release the evil side of Norman, a side that Norman was too afraid to let out. But in the comics the Goblin was the most relentless villian Spidy ever faced until Venom came along. But even then Norman came back from the dead and still went after Spidy.

If you read the comics at all you will find a villian in the rouge gallery named Carnage. Carnage is the off-spring of the Venom symbiote. The Carnage symboite is on a serial killer named Keltus Casedy. Casedy lives for complete and total death and murder, he kills people in the most gursome ways possible. Because of the character of Venom it is not likely that Venom will meet your expectations b/c Venom is a hero villian, as Brock he feels a need to fight injustice and protect the innosent. But Brock also feels a deep hatered for Spider-Man for ruining his career and the symbiote hates Spider-Man for rejecting it. If it came down to it, Venom would let Spider-Man go if it ment innocent lives were at stake. In fact just read the second part of Carnage's first appearance, Amazing #362, Venom actually teams with Spidy to stop Venom.

It is b/c of the relationship that Venom and Carnage have that I have always thought that the only good 2 villian movie would be with Venom and Carnage b/c they make sense to put them together.

Also if this movie is truly going to explore the dark side of power then Venom cannot show-up until the very end b/c Peter needs to get the suit, use it, become power hungery, and then reject it and go through a self refelection scene about how he's become bad and thats not him and then it will end with, "With great power...."

lovecraft
04-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Norman never truly came to his senses even in the movie b/c at the very end he was still the Goblin, and really all the formula did was give Norman super strength and release the evil side of Norman, a side that Norman was too afraid to let out.

I disagree, I think he came to his senses when he was impaled on his glider. He told Peter not to tell Harry. I think he did not want Harry to live with what Norman did as the Goblin.

When Venom first debuted fully in issue ASM 300. He hated Spidey, no drugs, no mechanical arms. Eddie and the symbiotic alien just plain did not like Peter. THis is what I was getting at, I guess. He's bad. He would have done anything to get at Peter even threaten Aunt May, which he did. I am hoping we see this in the movie series at some point.

This is what makes Spidey the best, going at someone he has no chance of beating i.e. the Juggernaut and Firelord.

persuasian70
04-12-2006, 08:29 PM
A lot of thoughts going on here.

First off, no Sinister-Six, too many villains doesn't work in a movie regardless of the length.

Jessica Simpon would be a horrible Black Cat in suit b/c she does not have the slightly muscual physic that Black Cat has.

I think to bring in a new goblin would be too soon unless they plan on ending the series with #3. I say that b/c The way the movies are going it would be perfect closure to the realtionship with Harry and Peter as well as closure to the goblin legacy. But if Rami does it right I suppose a new goblin could work in #3.

Sandman is a lame villain and I really don't care for him as a character, I don't see how he will affect the life of Peter the way GG and Doc Ock did. As far as i know Sandman does not have any ties to Peter's past or personal life in the comics. But visualy he will look bad ass!

I think that Electro might be a cool villain to see on the screen, especailly if they do the Ultimate Electro.

Did you see Dukes of Hazzard? I haven't, but I saw how Jessica got in shape for the film. You're a fool if you think Jessica can't put on some more muscle in a month with a personal trainer. I still don't think she is right for the role as the series has had good quality actors/actresses in the roles. I still think that Elisa Cuthbert would be perfect for the role of Black Cat. I mean could Spidey resist Elisa, even with MJ around. If I had to choose between Dunst and Cuthbert, no contest, Cuthbert in a wash.

You think Sandman is a lame villain, and you think Electro might be a cool villain. Have you seen Electro's costume? It screams gayness.

The_Return
04-13-2006, 03:36 AM
You think Sandman is a lame villain, and you think Electro might be a cool villain. Have you seen Electro's costume? It screams gayness.

Have you seen his power? It makes up for it and so much more.

As for Venom, I really hope they dont go into his "good" side. If they do, Carnage better not be far behind him.

lovecraft
04-13-2006, 07:10 PM
I really hope they don't go with Hero Venom either.
That would be bad, very bad.

Sick_As_Fuck
04-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Did you see Dukes of Hazzard? I haven't, but I saw how Jessica got in shape for the film. You're a fool if you think Jessica can't put on some more muscle in a month with a personal trainer. I still don't think she is right for the role as the series has had good quality actors/actresses in the roles. I still think that Elisa Cuthbert would be perfect for the role of Black Cat. I mean could Spidey resist Elisa, even with MJ around. If I had to choose between Dunst and Cuthbert, no contest, Cuthbert in a wash.

Going by Black Cat's latest look there's now way in hell that Elisha Cuthbert would fit the role better than Jessica Simpson or Rachel McAdams.

persuasian70
04-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Sorry, I haven't read a comic book in a long time. I'm not familiar with Black Cat's recent look, so I'll have to take your word for it.

The_Return
04-14-2006, 03:13 AM
Sorry, I haven't read a comic book in a long time. I'm not familiar with Black Cat's recent look, so I'll have to take your word for it.

Same here. Based on the Black Cat that Im familiar with, Cuthbert would be perfect. I'll have to look up the new one.

The_Return
04-14-2006, 03:17 AM
One thing I just thought of regarding Black Cat...wouldnt they need to introduce Kingpin aswell? I think that would be a terrible idea. First off, there'd be way to much going on, and secondly...who wants to see Kingpin again after Daredevil?

lovecraft
04-14-2006, 05:34 AM
One thing I just thought of regarding Black Cat...wouldnt they need to introduce Kingpin aswell? I think that would be a terrible idea. First off, there'd be way to much going on, and secondly...who wants to see Kingpin again after Daredevil?

I think originally Black Cat was,well a cat burgular. So there really would be no need for the Kingpin.

I take it you didn't like Michael Clarke as the Kingpin?

The_Return
04-14-2006, 05:52 AM
I think originally Black Cat was,well a cat burgular. So there really would be no need for the Kingpin.

I take it you didn't like Michael Clarke as the Kingpin?

He wasnt terrible, but there has to be someone better than him out there. Not to sound racist, but I hate it when they change the race or gender of a well-known character. Like I say, he wasnt TOO bad...but could have been better and should have been white.

What I was getting at in the first place though was that it would be somewhat redundant having Kingpin in 2 Marvel movies. As I recall he was pretty important to Black Cat's background...didnt he kill her father, who was a cat burgular? Isnt that why she became Black Cat in the first place? I might be mistaken, but thats how I remember it.

lovecraft
04-14-2006, 06:09 AM
I don't remember, either. But she was a cat burgular, thats all you need for the movie, the Kingpin part could be written out.

Prelude95Si
04-15-2006, 03:51 PM

From the interviews I heard regarding the Dukes of Hazzard, Jessica had to LOSE weight to do the part. So I don't think she could gain enough muscle in one month with a personal trainer.
But Black Cat is not supposed to be in SM3 so if they did do Jessica then she would have time for SM4.

Prelude95Si
04-16-2006, 08:59 AM

Notice in that post I said the Ultimate Electro, I agree that the original Electro had a preety gay costume but the Ultimate is pure eneregy like in the MTV Spider-Man series.

The_Return
04-16-2006, 09:54 AM
Notice in that post I said the Ultimate Electro, I agree that the original Electro had a preety gay costume but the Ultimate is pure eneregy like in the MTV Spider-Man series.

Damn, that costume looks great! I'd only seen the original one...heres a comparison:

Old Electro:

http://home.freeuk.net/pewty/fcwing/images/electro.jpg

Ultimate Electro:

http://www.samruby.com/Villains/UltimateElectro/UltimateElectro.gif

WOW

Prelude95Si
04-17-2006, 03:01 PM
See I really like the ultiamte Electro

lovecraft
04-25-2006, 01:52 PM
I found this at Ain't it Cool News
start salivating...

The_Punisher
04-25-2006, 02:35 PM
And my excitement grows. How i am gonna frickn' wait till summer of 2007!

The_Return
04-25-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by The_Punisher
And my excitement grows. How i am gonna frickn' wait till summer of 2007!

When I lay in bed unable to sleep with that same question plagueing me, I just remember that X-# comes out next month, and I slip into a blissful, mutant filled dream:D

The_Punisher
04-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Yeah, i am very excited about X-3 as well, but The Dawning of Venom on film? It is like every comic book fans wet dream! Plus, I am a huge Topher grace fan, and i know that many of you think he has been misscast as venom because of his size, but in more recent pictures on the internet, he is really bulking up. I mean given the proper workout, he could become a real beef cake.

Sick_As_Fuck
04-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Anyone can get big by working out. It's really not hard at all. That doesn't change the fact that Topher's look in no way resembles what most picture Brock to be.

The_Return
04-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Anyone can get big by working out. It's really not hard at all. That doesn't change the fact that Topher's look in no way resembles what most picture Brock to be.

Thats how I thought when I first heared, but the more I think about it, the more it grows on me. He'll definatly be a different kind of Brock, but I still think he will do a good job.

lovecraft
04-25-2006, 06:57 PM
My biggest thing is that Venom was scary when he first debut...he used his costume to smother people and such and he was someone peter could not beat in a fair fight which made him even scarier. It would be better if someone who was huge played the role but hopefully it can be pulled off.

Chaos17
04-26-2006, 03:37 AM
So then wat venom is in spiderman 3 and he will be the main villain? or he will be for spiderman 4 if there is one?

The_Punisher
04-26-2006, 04:02 AM
I really think that Topher Grace will make a kick ass villian. He has that sharp, sarcastic witt about him that will translate good into the role. But like i already said, i abouslty love topher grace.

The_Return
04-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Chaos17
So then wat venom is in spiderman 3 and he will be the main villain? or he will be for spiderman 4 if there is one?

Ah, Chaos. It's always nice for you to pop in from time to time, I always get a good laugh:p

Rumor has it that Eddie Brock, Venom's alter-ego will be a character in Spiderman 3, but he wont actually become Venom until near the end, setting up for #4. Sandman will be the major villain in #3, along with either Hobgoblin or Green Goblin 2, as the rumor goes. None of this [except for Sandman] is 100% for certain, but thats what's floating around.

Prelude95Si
04-27-2006, 03:40 PM

I think the reason behind casting Grace is that Venom is supposed to be the evil copy of Spider-Man and I think that plays well if they cast an Eddie Brock who resembles Peter in some ways.
I think it will be interesting to see how Grace fills the role.

Prelude95Si
05-10-2006, 08:40 AM
Here is a big list of spoilers, I mean preety bad spoilers if they are even true regarding the movie.

http://www.nozomionline.com/entertainment/spiderman3.html

Prelude95Si
05-10-2006, 08:46 AM
Found some cool fake trailers for Spider-Man 3.

http://media.putfile.com/spiderman3-teaser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSqeFOL9tgY&search=spider-man%203

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXJSya3tCgM&search=spider-man%203

The_Return
05-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Found some cool fake trailers for Spider-Man 3.

http://media.putfile.com/spiderman3-teaser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSqeFOL9tgY&search=spider-man%203

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXJSya3tCgM&search=spider-man%203

The first one kind of sucks, but the rest are pretty cool. Thanks!

Dante'sInferno
05-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Spiderman 3 is getting better and better!Topher looks awsome as Brock!!!!!

Prelude95Si
06-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Four Spider-Man 3 Villains!
Source: websguy June 1, 2006

Former Marvel Studios CEO Avi Arad may have let a big one out of the bag when talking to IFMagazine.com. He says there are four villains in Spider-Man 3!

iF: There are four villains this time, Venom, Sandman, and Green Goblin and when is the fourth going to be revealed?

ARAD: Right we have four villains. Pretty soon [we'll reveal the fourth villain] I believe. Maybe around Comic Con we'll reveal something and the madness will begin.

The full interview is available at the link above. The third installment hits theaters on May 4, 2007.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
What the hell are they doing, its going to be like X3, too much!

The_Return
06-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Has anyone seen the fan poster with Topher as Venom? It's been proven fake, but damn does it look awesome!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/news/spider-man-3/venom-topher.jpg

:eek:

By the way, the common runor on the street [AKA other message boards] is that the 4th villain will by Lizard in a small role. I think that makes sence.

Sick_As_Fuck
06-03-2006, 05:22 PM
So what does this mean? Either Lizard or Venom will have a bigger role then just an appearance at the end? That's way too much shit going on in my opinion.

cheebacheeba
06-03-2006, 09:02 PM
A lizard fight scene at the beggining wouldn't necessarily "overcrowd" the film...it'd be a good scene to start the film off with, and who knows, after he puts the beatdown on the lizard, he'll probably go to investigate at the lab, and I'm sure that's where he'll find the black suit (as history-spoiling as that would be)...either that or they'll follow the 90's cartoon and have Jameson Jnr. bring it back from space...I don't really like the idea of that. But yeah, all that would only eat up maybe a half hour of the film...I mean, the lizard would never make a main villain anyway.

Of course Harry will try out the Green Goblin bit...Harrys part is already more or less worked out, not a lot of further info required there, he'll just have small scenes as per usual, and a fight scene as the goblin.

So really all they have to focus on is the Sandman and how he's involved in everything...Towards t he beggining of the spider-man series, he's just a thug that'll do whatever for the money, so it's feasable that he'll have been contracted by Harry - another storyline shrinking shortcut. I'm interested in how they'll have him develope his powers though.

The Eddie Brock character being incorporated as a secondary throughout the film won't be that hard (I personally think they might have him as simply a competing photographer which is KINDA true, or turn him into an obsessed fan of spider-man who feels ignored)...and turning him into venom at the end is no big thing, they don't have to show much at all...this film (if the black suit is as involved as the poster would have us convinced) will just be a precursor to the whole Venom thing...it'll probably be at the very end (eg - after spider-man in the "suit" near-kills or does kill Harry or Sandman, he decides he's gotta ditch it, Brock finds it...done.

Essentially, it'd be a fight, a new character introduced, another fight - potentially a "team-up" of two of the villains, and a little "venom" type scene at the end.
(I'm betting you'll see a few tendrils, and next to nothing else after Brock gets the suit, it'll all be in shadows, and you'll hear it hiss "Parrrrker" and/or laugh, and that'll be it)

cheebacheeba
06-03-2006, 09:03 PM
A lizard fight scene at the beggining wouldn't necessarily "overcrowd" the film...it'd be a good scene to start the film off with, and who knows, after he puts the beatdown on the lizard, he'll probably go to investigate at the lab, and I'm sure that's where he'll find the black suit (as history-spoiling as that would be)...either that or they'll follow the 90's cartoon and have Jameson Jnr. bring it back from space...I don't really like the idea of that. But yeah, all that would only eat up maybe a half hour of the film...I mean, the lizard would never make a main villain anyway.

Of course Harry will try out the Green Goblin bit...Harrys part is already more or less worked out, not a lot of further info required there, he'll just have small scenes as per usual, and a fight scene as the goblin.

So really all they have to focus on is the Sandman and how he's involved in everything...Towards t he beggining of the spider-man series, he's just a thug that'll do whatever for the money, so it's feasable that he'll have been contracted by Harry - another storyline shrinking shortcut. I'm interested in how they'll have him develope his powers though.

The Eddie Brock character being incorporated as a secondary throughout the film won't be that hard (I personally think they might have him as simply a competing photographer which is KINDA true, or turn him into an obsessed fan of spider-man who feels ignored)...and turning him into venom at the end is no big thing, they don't have to show much at all...this film (if the black suit is as involved as the poster would have us convinced) will just be a precursor to the whole Venom thing...it'll probably be at the very end (eg - after spider-man in the "suit" near-kills or does kill Harry or Sandman, he decides he's gotta ditch it, Brock finds it...done.

Essentially, it'd be a fight, a new character introduced, another fight - potentially a "team-up" of two of the villains, and a little "venom" type scene at the end.
(I'm betting you'll see a few tendrils, and next to nothing else after Brock gets the suit, it'll all be in shadows, and you'll hear it hiss "Parrrrker" and/or laugh, and that'll be it)...all in all, if it's just slightly longer then the last two, and done well, I don't think it'd be all that crammed.

Sick_As_Fuck
06-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Well they haven't really explored Connors' character a whole lot. I don't see how they can just start the movie off with him turning into the Lizard and fighting Spidey. If it does happen it'll be far too rushed, which is obviously the problem with having too many villians in one movie.

Prelude95Si
06-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Whatever villain they have choosen its still going to be overkill!

Prelude95Si
06-08-2006, 02:43 PM
New Spider-Man 3 Set Photos!
Source: Knightmare6, Detective Movie Buff June 8, 2006

'Knightmare6' sent us there great shots of the Spider-Man 3 set at Foley Square in New York City. 'Detective Movie Buff' also wrote in about the location:

Friday's shoot in Foley Square opposite the courthouse is postponed until possibly Saturday due to predicted rain. The crew is moving indoors to a cover set at an unknown location.

Directed by Sam Raimi, the third installment hits theaters on May 4, 2007. Sony Pictures is expected to release a teaser trailer in theaters with Superman Returns in just a few weeks.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=4364

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the pictures you see a sign that says "Thank You Spider-Man!"
This is really gay b/c most of the city is supposed to hate Spider-Man which is an aspect that I like about Spider-Man, he is not your traditional hero that society loves. I am losing faith in Rami.

urgeok
06-09-2006, 05:53 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the pictures you see a sign that says "Thank You Spider-Man!"
This is really gay b/c most of the city is supposed to hate Spider-Man which is an aspect that I like about Spider-Man, he is not your traditional hero that society loves. I am losing faith in Rami.

in the comics spiderman had his fans ..
he also had ups as well as downs ...where he got public acclaim before jameson would publicly discredit him.

i wouldnt judge from a simple picture of a sign .. we have no idea what context its in.

i think raimi is very loyal to the comic ... one of the only directors that understands the source material.

most movie directors are completely disconnected .. Raimi is plugged in.

Prelude95Si
06-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
he also had ups as well as downs ...where he got public acclaim before jameson would publicly discredit him.

i wouldnt judge from a simple picture of a sign .. we have no idea what context its in.

i think raimi is very loyal to the comic ... one of the only directors that understands the source material.

most movie directors are completely disconnected .. Raimi is plugged in.

I agree with those statements about Rami, he did a perfect job on the first 2 but all these reports of 4 villains, MJ dieing, the Stacey's, it just fells like overkill.

urgeok
06-09-2006, 09:06 AM
I agree with those statements about Rami, he did a perfect job on the first 2 but all these reports of 4 villains, MJ dieing, the Stacey's, it just fells like overkill.

stacy did die ... in a scenario used in spiderman 1 (a choice between a lot of people dying or her - and he failed to save them both)

MJ never died that i'm aware of ...

maybe he tried to combine gwen and stacy before realizing the series would take off and have such a huge demand - and not realizing he would have the licence to follow the comic storylines as close as he wanted to and still be successful

cheebacheeba
06-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I don't think the public at large have ever REALLY hated him in the comics I've read, they just get mislead every few issues or so...less than that really, but yeah.

stacy did die ... in a scenario used in spiderman 1
Kind of...it was the same scenario, but the way I got it (which was albeit a later issue "recalling" the event from a cops point of view) was that he threw her off the bridge after stunning spiderman somehow, who ended up leaping over the edge after her, shot one webline up to the bridge, one down to the falling Gwen stacy, but he didn't time it right and when the webline went taut, it snapped her neck.

shit, here I was hoping to see some GOOD set pics...ah well...

urgeok
06-09-2006, 09:38 AM

Kind of...it was the same scenario, but the way I got it (which was albeit a later issue "recalling" the event from a cops point of view) was that he threw her off the bridge after stunning spiderman somehow, who ended up leaping over the edge after her, shot one webline up to the bridge, one down to the falling Gwen stacy, but he didn't time it right and when the webline went taut, it snapped her neck.

i remembered that (the neck snapping) .. and i might be foggy (i havent read it since i was a kid) but i though he had other people to save too which is what made him late ..

i could be completely wrong though .. i can barely remember what i did yesterday ,,

urgeok
06-09-2006, 09:38 AM

i remembered that (the neck snapping) .. and i might be foggy (i havent read it since i was a kid) but i though he had other people to save too which is what made him late ..

i could be completely wrong though .. i can barely remember what i did yesterday ,,

Prelude95Si
06-15-2006, 07:04 AM
Haden Church on Spider-Man 3 Villains
Source: 5p1d3r June 13, 2006

Scooper '5p1d3r' tells us that Thomas Haden Church talked briefly about the Spider-Man 3 villains:

I was listening to the Opie and Anthony Show (nationally syndicated) this morning and they had Thomas Hayden Church on the show. At the very end a caller asked how it was to play Sandman and what Venom would look like. After threatening an anvil on the caller's head for divulging information, he did briefly mentioned that he has been having a good time and had been filming for months. "A lot of sand and a lot of man."

*minor spoiler* He did say that Venom would look a lot like the comic book Venom and then they moved on.

cheebacheeba
06-15-2006, 09:25 PM
I wonder then if he'll be black, or have the bluish hue that the comics have mainly represented...if he's going to look "a lot" like the comic book version, and sandman is to look at ALL decent, I REALLY hope their effects can cut it.
Although I'd imagine so...pretty good cg CAN be done nowadays, and the past two films have contained some excellent digital work (the spider-swinging, the fight scenes, the train thing, the oct-arms), I hope they stay on par.

Prelude95Si
06-27-2006, 03:16 PM
The Spider-Man 3 Teaser!
Source: Sony Pictures June 27, 2006

Columbia Pictures has revealed the teaser trailer for director Sam Raimi's highly-anticipated Spider-Man 3 online! You can watch the teaser in High Definition QuickTime and regular QuickTime formats here. You can talk about the teaser in this thread on the SHH! Boards!

Written by Alvin Sargent, the third adventure stars Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Rosemary Harris, J.K. Simmons, Thomas Haden Church, Topher Grace, Bryce Dallas Howard, Daniel Gillies, Ted Raimi, Adrian Lester, Theresa Russell, James Cromwell, Elizabeth Banks and Steve Valentine.

Spider-Man 3 kicks-off the summer of 2007 on May 4.

slasherman
06-27-2006, 05:40 PM
spiderman 3 teaser (http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/medium.html)

...did I see the Green Goblin ?

The_Return
06-28-2006, 06:24 AM
Is it wrong that I just watched the teaser 3 times in a row?

Holy crap this looks amazing:eek:

urgeok
06-28-2006, 08:44 AM
we have to make it through another shitty winter before it's released ?

slasherman
06-28-2006, 09:01 AM
Is it wrong that I just watched the teaser 3 times in a row?

Holy crap this looks amazing:eek:
looks pretty good...but did you see the Green Goblin ?

..or who is it ?

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/slasherman1971/whos2.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/slasherman1971/who.jpg

The_Punisher
06-28-2006, 09:33 AM
holy hell, i cant wait. i seriously dont know what i am gonna do but i cant wait until may of next fricken year to see this movie.

_____V_____
06-28-2006, 10:27 AM
That aint THE Green Goblin of Spider-Man 1. Its the son who adopts the identity of his father of the first Spider man movie, Norman Osbourne or something? played by Willem Dafoe.

This is his son, who's Peter Parker's best bud, Harry Osbourne, playing Green Goblin in Spider Man 3. He is supposedly led to the edge of insanity and turns himself into his father's alter-ego, and sets out to destroy Spidey.

Awesome and neat little teaser. I saw it like 10-11 times. Cant wait till summer 2007.

The_Punisher
06-28-2006, 11:00 AM
i dont think the goblin is harry, in the trailer, a pumkin bomb explodes right next to his face.Thoughts anyone?

lovecraft
06-28-2006, 01:04 PM
Does anyone know why Quicktime will not work. I have the current version but everytime I try to view a trailer the Quicktime film frame with a tear in the corner comes up.

slasherman
06-28-2006, 01:06 PM
Does anyone know why Quicktime will not work. I have the current version but everytime I try to view a trailer the Quicktime film frame with a tear in the corner comes up.
explorer or firefox ?

lovecraft
06-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Explorer

Sick_As_Fuck
06-28-2006, 01:36 PM
Damn my shitty non-video-playing computer. Looks like I'll have to get on my brother's ASAP.

slasherman
06-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Explorer
me too and it works fine...but try and right click on the quick time icon on your taskbar...and select about quick time ...try and change some preferences

joshaube
06-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Looks pretty damn good. Wasn't a big fan of the first two...

Prelude95Si
06-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by The_Punisher
i dont think the goblin is harry, in the trailer, a pumkin bomb explodes right next to his face.Thoughts anyone?

I think the bomb might be a miss fire or else Harry had thrown a bomb and it came back at him. From the clips of the person on the glider I'd have to say its Harry. Whether or not he's going under the name of GG2 or Hobgoblin is in question.

Either way the teaser looks bad ass. And I take back a lot of doubts I had about this movie. I still say 3-4 villains is overkill. The biggest thing I thought was great was all of the ooz scenes and how Paker tries to lose the suit in the church like in the comic and its cool how he's riping it off instead of it just oozing off. The scene felt a little bit more dramatic because of that I thought.

_____V_____
06-29-2006, 08:46 AM
I think the bomb might be a miss fire or else Harry had thrown a bomb and it came back at him. From the clips of the person on the glider I'd have to say its Harry. Whether or not he's going under the name of GG2 or Hobgoblin is in question.

Either way the teaser looks bad ass. And I take back a lot of doubts I had about this movie. I still say 3-4 villains is overkill. The biggest thing I thought was great was all of the ooz scenes and how Paker tries to lose the suit in the church like in the comic and its cool how he's riping it off instead of it just oozing off. The scene felt a little bit more dramatic because of that I thought.

Harry Osbourne is credited as the Green Goblin in the casting though. I think they dropped Hobgoblin because it was too close a resemblance anyway.

It looks and sounds grim and tough. The ripping off of the costume makes it a look a lot more humane (possibly disgust?)...

Man I cant wait till next summer! This movie is gonna kick ass!

crazy raplh
06-30-2006, 01:06 PM
just saw the preview it looks pretty dark. I think theey arew at least building up to venom, i think.
http://www.hilaliya.com/2006/06/spiderman_3_trailer_here_1.html

Prelude95Si
06-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by crazy raplh
just saw the preview it looks pretty dark. I think theey arew at least building up to venom, i think.
http://www.hilaliya.com/2006/06/spiderman_3_trailer_here_1.html

From the teaser it looks more likely that Venom will be a villain introducted in #3 and leads into #4. The teaser plays it up like the movie is mostly about the internal conflict that the black costume causes in Parker. And plus we saw a lot of sceens at the church when Parker tries to get rid of the suit and then we see Topher Grace/Brook seeing Parker. It is because of that I think that the church sceen would make more sense at the end of the movie. So these few sceens lead me to beleive that the rumors of Venom showing up for 15 minutes then dieing are very unlikly. Atleast I hope their not true.

Zero
06-30-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by _____V_____
Harry Osbourne is credited as the Green Goblin in the casting though. I think they dropped Hobgoblin because it was too close a resemblance anyway.

It looks and sounds grim and tough. The ripping off of the costume makes it a look a lot more humane (possibly disgust?)...

Man I cant wait till next summer! This movie is gonna kick ass!

saw the extended promo attached to superman returns - looks like we've gone 3 villains here - sandman is clearly there, hobogoblin makes an appearance and, of course, the wicked bit of tailoring Venom.

_____V_____
07-01-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Zero
saw the extended promo attached to superman returns - looks like we've gone 3 villains here - sandman is clearly there, hobogoblin makes an appearance and, of course, the wicked bit of tailoring Venom.

Superman returns?? :eek:

wait you mean you went to see Superman Returns in the theater and saw the Spiderman 3 promo before the movie? :confused:

:D

Prelude95Si
07-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Story spoilers courtesy of filmick and Dark Horizons:

Before getting on Peter, the symbiote (the black oil substance) has a rather 50's sci-fi origin (ala The Blob)

- In a church bell tower, Eddie Brock (Topher Grace) follows this black Spidey character and sees Peter ripping himself free of the suit - some of which falls onto Brock, causing him to "become" Venom.

- For most of the film, Spider-Man is in pursuit of The Sandman. Harry as the Goblin (sans mask) fights Peter early on and returns at the end to aid him in the final confrontation with Sandman and Venom at a construction site.

- "Dark Spidey, as it were - Peter before he has overcome Venom - is the one who courts Gwen Stacey. Problems in the relationship with MJ, as well as professional issues compound to bring him down. Even downer than last time. That's how Raimi, Sargent and co are using Venom - as a dramatic device to show Peter not just giving up on his great responsibility, but getting drunk on his great power."

- There are scenes inside Curt Connor's lab, where he studies the symbiote, and these scenes are also used to set up the research that will, in the character's story - though not in this movie - turn him into The Lizard.

- The Black Cat does not make any significant appearance in the film, despite existing, on paper, in various earlier conceptions.

- And the fourth villain? "Makes only a fleeting appearance - Bruce Campbell's character this time around is Quentin Beck, known to fans of the comic as Mysterio".

Prelude95Si
07-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Found a picture which indicates a really stupied route for this movie.

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=7050

Based on this picture, Sandman is the original killer of Unlce Ben, which will cause Parker to seek revenge. This desire is enhanced by the black costume. I personaly think they could have done better than saying that Sandman was the one who killed Uncle Ben.
First off if Sandman was even there at the scene, why wasn't he in the car with the robber from the first movie? I just think its a horrible ploit twist. I think that if they were going to have a reason for Spidy to want revenge have Sandman kill MJ, Dunst doesn't want to do Spidy any more anyways so kill her. Let MJ and Gwen Stacey trade places since she is the route of a love triangle in this movie. For the most part MJ has replaced Gwen in terms of major events in the Spider-Man mythos.

The_Return
07-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Bruce as Mysterio? Two words:

HELL YES!

slasherman
07-02-2006, 08:43 PM
For the most part MJ has replaced Gwen in terms of major events in the Spider-Man mythos.
which sucks....

Mysterio :cool:

Prelude95Si
07-03-2006, 04:15 PM
which sucks....

Not really, considering MJ has been the major woman in Peter's life the longest in the original comics. Besides, it seems to work in the Ultimate universe. And also this is Sam Rami's Spider-Man, he can preety much change things the way he feels it will work for the story as well as time. But I don't think this justifies the Sandman picture, I'm hoping this is like a dream sequence.

slasherman
07-03-2006, 04:57 PM
But I don't think this justifies the Sandman picture, I'm hoping this is like a dream sequence.
...Mysterio often fuck things up...with psychedelic drug of some
kind..
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e201/Clarkparker/th_Mysterio.jpg

Prelude95Si
07-03-2006, 05:08 PM
...Mysterio often fuck things up...with psychedelic drug of some
kind..
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e201/Clarkparker/th_Mysterio.jpg

What does Mysterio have to do with Sandman killing Uncle Ben?

slasherman
07-03-2006, 05:12 PM
What does Mysterio have to do with Sandman killing Uncle Ben?
..if he has something to do with the story of this movie he can fuck Peter Parkers mind up....and as you know the story will follow Peter..

Prelude95Si
07-04-2006, 02:09 PM
I really think that Mysterio will be a side villain who is in and out of the movie really quick, like maybe he does a fight with Spidy at the beginning of the movie and then he's done.

Sick_As_Fuck
07-06-2006, 12:06 AM
Two negatives in my opinion...

1. Adding Mysterio just clutters things up even moreso than it already was. I'm hoping that it's a short fight. Maybe begin the movie with Spidey defeating Mysterio, or have the battle be off-camera and just show clips of it on the news or something. That way Mysterio can be brought back in full-force somewhere down the line.

2. What in the fuck does Sandman have to do with Uncle Ben's death? I swear, if he turns out to Ben's murderer, than "WOW!". Complete garbage.

tarcher80
07-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Well...after the first and second Spider-Man films still being among Marvels best despite history butchering, I'm down to watch the third.
One thing that shits me though...Topher Grace. Does anyone else think this guy is absolutely the WORST choice ever, to play Eddie Brock (Venom)? Eddie Brock is BIG, bigger than Parker - Grace is a shrimp, and I'm not sure, but I think he's smaller than tobey.M...It just doesn't seem right.

Yes, in the old Spider Man comics Venom was the same size as Spidie, but I agree it should be played by a larger actor... My pic is The Rock. The WWE is a goldmine for Superhero movies. Some of those guys can really act.

Prelude95Si
07-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by tarcher80
Yes, in the old Spider Man comics Venom was the same size as Spidie, but I agree it should be played by a larger actor... My pic is The Rock. The WWE is a goldmine for Superhero movies. Some of those guys can really act.

But if you go to the Ultimate universe Brock is the same and age as Parker. As I've said in other post, Venom is kinda like the evil mirrior image of Spider-Man so I think it make sense to cast someone who resembles Parker in some ways.

tarcher80
07-06-2006, 03:11 PM
But if you go to the Ultimate universe Brock is the same and age as Parker. As I've said in other post, Venom is kinda like the evil mirrior image of Spider-Man so I think it make sense to cast someone who resembles Parker in some ways.

I hear you... I still would like someone taller and more muscular in stature. I'm all for keeping it as similar to comic as possible, but I'm only 26 and the Venom I remember was huge.

Prelude95Si
07-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by tarcher80
I hear you... I still would like someone taller and more muscular in stature. I'm all for keeping it as similar to comic as possible, but I'm only 26 and the Venom I remember was huge.

I should have clearified, Brock is little in the Ultimate universive, Venom is still big. I think that in the movie they will follow this trend with a little guy becoming really big once the suit is on him. I think that it would show the mainstream people just how powerful the suit really is.
But I agree, one of the big appeals of Venom is that he's big and muscular, so I would hope that Venom would be that way in the movie.

Prelude95Si
07-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Teaser poster!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=4496

Anyone notice how the parts of the Spider that are consumed by the black costume look different? Similiar to the Venom spider, or am I just wishful thinking?

Prelude95Si
07-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Simmons on Spider-Man 3 & More Sequels
Source: TV Guide July 17, 2006

J.K. Simmons talked to TV Guide about returning as J. Jonah Jameson in Spider-Man 3 and possibly making more sequels. Simmons says he wrapped filming two or three weeks ago.

TVGuide.com: What's your feeling on 3? Judging by the trailers, it looks darker.
Simmons: I think it pulls in a lot of interesting directions. Of course we're a long ways from seeing a final version of it, but my stuff, we had a lot of fun doing. I probably had not as much to do as I did in the second one and maybe a little more than I had in the first one, but from what I saw the new bad-guy stuff is once again going to top its predecessor.

TVGuide.com: In 2, we met Jonah's son, who in Spider-Man lore evolves into a villain. But they're not playing that card yet?
Simmons: Not yet. Hopefully there are plenty of cards to play for [Parts] 4, 5, 6.... I'll do a Spider-Man for every two or three years for the next couple decades if they want. That'd be all right!

TVGuide.com: Was there any talk of Spider-Man 4 on the set?
Simmons: Yeah, it got mentioned. In fact, the last couple of days I shot was at the very end of the schedule — we were doing some night-action scenes in New York — and [director] Sam [Raimi] was talking about it. It's not a done deal because everybody's deals, including Sam Raimi's and all the actors', was for three pictures. But he's certainly open to doing more.

Prelude95Si
07-23-2006, 01:10 PM
First Pic of Venom in Spider-Man 3 Online!
Source: Sony Pictures July 22, 2006

Sony Pictures has updated the official website for Spider-Man 3 with the first photo of Eddie Brock changing into Venom! You can view the photo in wallpaper form at the official site by selecting 'Desktop' and then 'Wallpaper 2'. A third wallpaper of Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker with the black suit has been added as well.

Another poster, featuring Sandman, was also revealed during the Comic-Con presentation and can be viewed here!

Spider-Man 3, directed by Sam Raimi and starring Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Thomas Haden Church, Topher Grace and Bryce Dallas Howard, opens in theaters on May 4.

Prelude95Si
07-23-2006, 01:21 PM
*********Spoiler*************************

Spider-Man 3 Footage at Comic-Con Panel!
Source: Edward Douglas July 22, 2006

The entire cast of Spider-Man 3 appeared at the San Diego Comic-Con to present some new footage and answer questions from a very excited, jampacked crowd.

First, they introduced director Sam Raimi and producer Laura Ziskin who were a bit uncertain whether to show some new footage, since a lot of it was unfinished, but the crowd quickly convinced them to do so, and they ran an exclusive extended teaser.

It opens with Tobey Maguire looking into a mirror and opening his shirt to reveal a black costume, with a voice over from Aunt May, "Uncle Ben wouldn't want us living with revenge in our hearts, just like voices that take you over and turn us into something ugly." The daunting title card comes on saying "All Will Be Lost," and then the next scene shows Topher Grace as Eddie Brock walking through a church with a voice over of him asking someone "to do one thing for me. I want you to kill Peter Parker." Parker also has what appears to be a nightmare sequence where he looks into a bathroom mirror and Venom is a brief flashing screeching reflection. (The movie sounds like it may be very dark, doesn't it?).

The rest of the teaser footage went by way too fast to describe in detail, but we did see Harry Osborn in a black ninja-like suit swinging a samurai sword at Peter Parker and there were extensive fight scenes between Spider-Man and Sandman, which weren't even close to being finished, but looked quite fantastic. There was also a little more footage of the new Harry Osborn/Goblin character, which Raimi explained later wouldn't be called either the "Green Goblin" or the "Hobgoblin," but it is Harry using his father's Goblin equipment to get revenge on Peter Parker. (So that's two people who don't like Peter Parker… not to mention the Sandman!)

The footage ended with Topher's Eddie Brock feeling something black and gooey hit his hand--obviously the symbiote--and it cuts to the very first image of the computerized Venom, who looks exactly like he does in the comic book if rendered in 3D, looking straight into the camera with his jaws wide open and drooling. If you're a fan of Venom, you're not likely to be disappointed.

Director Sam Raimi then introduced the entire cast of the movie, who showed up in San Diego unannounced in the program (though you read about it right here on ComingSoon.net/SuperheroHype.com). Kirsten Dunst (Mary Jane Watson), Bryce Dallas Howard (Gwen Stacy), Thomas Haden Church (Sandman), Topher Grace (Eddie Brock/Venom) and Tobey Maguire (duh) all came out to the type of rapturous applause reception that the Rolling Stones must experience at every show.

They immediately went to questions from the audience, with a lot of it focusing on Grace, who admitted to being a fan of the comics, particularly the Todd McFarlane ones, and he liked being able to play a darker version of the Peter Parker character.

Everyone on stage seemed to be having fun, Raimi and Tobey doing a bit of a schtick about how Tobey lied to Raimi about being a big fan of Spider-Man before getting the part, and one poor fan wearing a large "S" on his shirt was heckled a bit, before Raimi quipped that he liked the "new Spider-Man logo."

Before the end of the panel, they showed a few new images of all the characters new and old. Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane was surrounded by what looked like black webbing (though it could have been strands of the symbiote), Bryce Dallas Howard was simply sitting in a chair, Tobey Maguire had a very Superman-like pose with him ripping open the shirt to show the black costume. The two new villain shots were the most interesting, as Thomas Haden Church's Sandman had his back towards the camera with a small child holding a teddy bear standing behind him (which will probably be a big part of his story) and Topher Grace was in profile with the symbiote covering the back of his head and starting to spread over his face. (These pictures should be available soon to those who couldn't make it to the Comic-Con.)

Spider-Man 3 opens on May 4, 2007 and ComingSoon.net/SuperheroHype.com is sure to have a lot more between now and then. (Look for our exclusive interview with Thomas Haden Church in the coming weeks.)

slasherman
07-23-2006, 01:43 PM
First Pic of Venom in Spider-Man 3 Online!
Source: Sony Pictures July 22, 2006

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/slasherman1971/venom.jpg

Prelude95Si
07-23-2006, 01:50 PM
Just gets you more and more excited.

Sick_As_Fuck
07-23-2006, 03:03 PM
Damn. I didn't know they were doing that. Ah well. You probably had to wait in line for like 3 hours, anyway.

Prelude95Si
07-27-2006, 05:59 PM
The Spider-Man 3 Presentation at Comic-Con

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808496334/trailer

The_Return
07-27-2006, 09:13 PM
The footage ended with Topher's Eddie Brock feeling something black and gooey hit his hand--obviously the symbiote--and it cuts to the very first image of the computerized Venom, who looks exactly like he does in the comic book if rendered in 3D, looking straight into the camera with his jaws wide open and drooling. If you're a fan of Venom, you're not likely to be disappointed.

So, has this made it onto the net yet?

mothermold
07-28-2006, 12:48 AM
Just gets you more and more excited.

Did they say or mention anything about a "rumored" 4th villian?I heard this...probably just porky pies about a possible 4th villian....i.e. The Lizard or maybe Rhino or The Shocker.

spookychild
07-28-2006, 05:22 AM
Maybe a 4th will be hinted at for the next one.

Prelude95Si
07-29-2006, 10:23 AM
So, has this made it onto the net yet?

It was but then it was quickly removed due to copy right shit. The quality was really bad, good sound but at the end when you saw Venom rush towards the screen you can tell its him.

Prelude95Si
07-29-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by mothermold
Did they say or mention anything about a "rumored" 4th villian?I heard this...probably just porky pies about a possible 4th villian....i.e. The Lizard or maybe Rhino or The Shocker.

The rumor is that Bruce Campbell is play Mysterio.

Prelude95Si
07-29-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by spookychild
Maybe a 4th will be hinted at for the next one.

The most logical course for the movies to take is to have Venom show up at the very end, maybe have a qucik fight with Spidy just to wet our appitets and then have that carry over to #4 and do a Carnage storyline with Venom. Or maybe not but I think Venom should carry over to #4.

The_Return
07-30-2006, 03:04 AM
The most logical course for the movies to take is to have Venom show up at the very end, maybe have a qucik fight with Spidy just to wet our appitets and then have that carry over to #4 and do a Carnage storyline with Venom. Or maybe not but I think Venom should carry over to #4.

I forsee a Pirates of the Carribean style "lets piss off the audience and sell lots of tickets to the sequel" kind of ending...

AUSTIN316426808
07-30-2006, 10:13 AM
I forsee a Pirates of the Carribean style "lets piss off the audience and sell lots of tickets to the sequel" kind of ending...

The only way venom popping up with a few minutes left and carrying over would tick me off is if we've gotta wait another 3 years for number 4. Pirates seriously left you hanging but the next one's coming in May, that's not exactly right around the corner but much better than 3 years.

Prelude95Si
07-31-2006, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
The only way venom popping up with a few minutes left and carrying over would tick me off is if we've gotta wait another 3 years for number 4. Pirates seriously left you hanging but the next one's coming in May, that's not exactly right around the corner but much better than 3 years.

I think it might be more like X2 where Phenoix built up threw the movie and then continued into X3. I just hope none of the future Spider-Man movies are as crapy as X3.

AUSTIN316426808
07-31-2006, 01:29 PM
I think it might be more like X2 where Phenoix built up threw the movie and then continued into X3. I just hope none of the future Spider-Man movies are as crapy as X3.

I don't mind them carrying it over, I actually think that would be better than cluttering the movie with 3, possibly 4 villains. I'd just be ticked off if we've gotta wait another 3 years.

Vodstok
07-31-2006, 01:59 PM
Okay, too many damn posts to bother reading them all, but, I was very skeptical about Thomas Hayden Church playing eddie brock, uyntil i saw the still of him from the movie. He was a very good call.

AUSTIN316426808
07-31-2006, 09:17 PM
Church is Marko/Sandman, Topher Grace is Brock/Venom.

mothermold
08-01-2006, 12:08 AM
The rumor is that Bruce Campbell is play Mysterio.

If that's true(which I hope to hell it is)then that's smart.Bruce Campbell has had cameos in the first two installments and his version of Mysterio would no doubt be as over the top and as hokey as the comic.:cool:

Prelude95Si
08-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by mothermold
If that's true(which I hope to hell it is)then that's smart.Bruce Campbell has had cameos in the first two installments and his version of Mysterio would no doubt be as over the top and as hokey as the comic.:cool:

With how cluttered the film is already I think that Mysterio will be a villain that Spidy beats up at the beginning and then it leads into the THANK YOU SPIDER-MAN DAY (I've seen a few pics on-line of banners that say THANK YOU SPIDER-MAN).

Prelude95Si
08-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Info on Sandman:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=4599

spawn69
08-03-2006, 11:00 AM
from what ive heard on the radio and looked up on the internet and seen previews at the move sandman will be the main villian but venom isnt in it theres going to be black spiderman wich is the same size as the normal spiderman

Prelude95Si
08-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by spawn69
from what ive heard on the radio and looked up on the internet and seen previews at the move sandman will be the main villian but venom isnt in it theres going to be black spiderman wich is the same size as the normal spiderman

Watch the interviews from Comic Con. Also go to the Spider-Man 3 offical web site, there is a picture of Topher turning into Venom. And lastly, before the recorded trailer from Comic Con was taken off-line there was a quick scene at the end of the teaser at Comic Con that showed Topher turn into Venom and then Venom rushes at to the screen. Its Venom because you could see all of the teeth and the tongue.

So Venom is in this movie. The villains are Sandman, Venom, and Harry Osborn as GG2 or Hobgoblin.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808496334/trailer

Prelude95Si
08-24-2006, 06:48 PM
Feige Says to Expect More Spider-Man Movies
Source: Advanced Dark August 23, 2006

Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige recently told MTV that he thinks it's almost certain there will be more Spidey films after Spider-Man 3:

Feige directly addressed rumors that it might be the final film for the friendly neighborhood web-slinger.

"There will be many more Spider-Man films to come," he promised. "We already have stacks of ideas for the next one because of the wealth of stories in the comics. We could be making Spider-Man movies for the next 20 years, based on the 50 years of Spider-Man history we have."

That doesn't necessarily guarantee, however, that Tobey Maguire will continue as the man under the mask.

"When you're concentrating on one movie at a time, there's a beginning and a middle and an end to that process," Feige reasoned. "We've been topping each one as they go, [and if that happens again], that's the time for those discussions."

spookychild
09-06-2006, 12:51 PM
I could see this lasting along time but I wonder who would play spidey next. And I hope they don't screw the pooch on this one.

Prelude95Si
09-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by spookychild
I could see this lasting along time but I wonder who would play spidey next. And I hope they don't screw the pooch on this one.

In the interviews from Comic Con Tobey said that he would be up for another Spider-Man "if there are interesting stories to tell."

I have a lot of faith in Rami but I am werry about 3 villains and a possible 4th side villain.

Prelude95Si
09-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Bruce Campbell Talks Spider-Man 3
Source: Josh Look September 10, 2006

'Josh Look' wrote in about a Q&A held with Bruce Campbell on Friday in which he was asked about Spider-Man 3:

I had the honor to go to a Q&A session with Bruce Campbell on Friday night in Cambridge, MA. It wasn't long before someone popped the 'Spider-Man 3' question. Bruce said that he couldn't say much and was probably going to say too much, but he and Spidey will "team up." He also bragged that the snooty usher is the only person to ever defeat Spider-Man in the movies.

Later in the night, (with an enitrely different crowd) there was a screening of his film "Bubba Ho-Tep." He took more questions, and again Spidey 3 came up. This time, said that his role was "pivitol." Obviously a joke, but I'd be willing to be that he is definitely NOT Mysterio, as earlier rumors claimed.

Spider-Man 3 hits theaters on May 4, 2007.

Prelude95Si
09-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Spider-Man 3 Movie Blog.

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/spiderman3/blog/

There's some good stuff here that is updated regularly.

Prelude95Si
10-16-2006, 08:59 AM
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/spiderman3/blog/

Prelude95Si
10-24-2006, 08:41 AM
These are samples of produces coming out, but you get a little bit of an idea of what Venom is going to look like.

http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/2006images/MR_SPIDER.jpg
http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/2006images/MR_marvel.jpg
http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/2006images/MR-MARVEL1.jpg

the_real_linda
10-24-2006, 10:10 AM
venom dont look as big bulky and ferocious as i would have imagined.

Prelude95Si
10-30-2006, 10:04 AM
Fourth Spider-Man 3 'Villain' Revealed?
Source: Film Ick October 26, 2006

First he named Spider-Man, then he defeated Spidey as a theater usher, and now he gets to play a villain? Film Ick is reporting a rumor that Bruce Campbell may be playing Quentin Beck (aka Mysterio) on the set of a Spidey movie being made within Spider-Man 3. The site says that Avi Arad and Sam Raimi will have cameos as the producer and director of the film.

For the full story:
http://filmick.blogspot.com/2006/10/deeper-details-of-that-spider-man-3.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can we say overkill.:mad:

Prelude95Si
11-07-2006, 07:11 AM
Spider-Man 3 Trailer Online Thursday!
Source: liesse00 November 6, 2006

While the new Spider-Man 3 trailer will be shown on TV during MTV's "Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Duel" at 10p.m. ET on Thursday, you'll be able to watch the trailer online at iFilm at that time as well! The trailer will then play in theaters with Casino Royale starting November 17.

Spider-Man 3 hits theaters on May 4, 2007.

the_real_linda
11-07-2006, 09:14 AM
id love it if bruce was featured more as anyone to be honest in anything to be sad........just love the guy

Prelude95Si
11-09-2006, 07:53 PM
The new trailer is amazing!
********Spoiler which is in the trailer if you watch it*************

But I'm still shaky about Sandman being Unlce Ben's killer.

acenobitesgod
11-09-2006, 08:54 PM
spider-man 3 isn't a horror movie.

looking forward to it though

the_real_linda
11-10-2006, 12:08 AM
if sam raimis got anything to do with it.....its all fine by me

Prelude95Si
11-20-2006, 07:05 AM
if sam raimis got anything to do with it.....its all fine by me

Sam is human, he isn't perfect. But the best way to approach this movie as well as the previous Spidy films, is to look at this as Sam vision of what Spidy would be like. Its not supposed to be exactly like the comic books otherwise there wouldn't be much of a reason to go and watch these movies, I'd stay home and just read the comic if the movie was exactly frame for frame like the comic book.

the_real_linda
11-20-2006, 07:43 AM
oh he certainly aint perfect!!! some of his films are diabolical

Sick_As_Fuck
11-21-2006, 04:03 PM
The trailer was sick. Still can't get over the fact that Sandman's the "real" killer, though. How lame is that.

scaryminda15
11-22-2006, 07:13 AM
you ruined it before i could see it great job, LOL.

Prelude95Si
11-23-2006, 09:22 PM
The trailer was sick. Still can't get over the fact that Sandman's the "real" killer, though. How lame is that.

I don't think its lame moreso that its a glitch in the original mythology of Spider-Man. If your familiar with the Black Costume saga in the comics or even the TV show, the Black Costume brought out the evil side of Parker. Thus was the reason that Parker finally went to the church and was able to separte from the symbote with the aid from the church bell.
For the purposes of the movie I beleive that Sam needed something that would push Parker over the edge so Sam decided to make one of the main villains the killer of Uncle Ben. Next Sam wanted to honor Tobey's wishes to have Sandman in a movie so thats how Sandman was even considered. With these elements Parker is thrown into a sense of anger and revenge that will drive me to possible commet an act that he may never forgive himself for.
He will then realize that the symbote has enhanced his dark side as well as therefore he knows that he must separte from it. But low and behold Brock is there and as we all know the symbote finds Brock and bonds with him b/c Brock hates Spidy just as much as the symbote does.

If I've said a lot of stuff that you or anyone else knows already I appologize, but I felt that I needed to provide a little history to make my point.

Prelude95Si
12-11-2006, 08:39 AM
New Peeks at Spidey and Ghost Rider?
Source: C.A.H. December 10, 2006

Scooper 'C.A.H.' wrote:

Watch the "Spike TV Video Game Awards" on Wednesday, December 13th at 10 PM EST. time to catch a glimpse at "Ghost Rider" and "Spider-Man 3".

During a commercial for the awards show last night, I saw shots of both GR and SM3 featuring the Rider flinging his chain to something/someone off screen and Harry Osborn/Green Goblin II flying on his glider towards the camera. This could mean we could be getting new looks at both of those films, or looks at their games.

Tune In And Find Out!

Vodstok
12-11-2006, 09:09 AM
But low and behold Brock is there and as we all know the symbote finds Brock and bonds with him b/c Brock hates Spidy just as much as the symbote does.

i thought Brock hated parker....

I cant believe they have Topher Grace playing Eddie Brock. Not that i dont think he can pull it off, but in the comic, eddie brock is a frigging monster of a man, and topher is, well, gangly.

Prelude95Si
12-11-2006, 01:52 PM
i thought Brock hated parker....

I cant believe they have Topher Grace playing Eddie Brock. Not that i dont think he can pull it off, but in the comic, eddie brock is a frigging monster of a man, and topher is, well, gangly.

Brock hates both Parker and Spider-Man if I remeber right, he hates Spider-Man more because Spider-Man screwed-up a big story Brock was about to break it caused Brock to lose his job.

I think Topher is going to pull the charcater off fine, I think he will bring a different aspect to the character of Venom in that by Topher being small and his overall precience on screen I think that he will convey more of the desperite and crazy aspect of Brock's character. After Brock was ruiened he was basiclly a broken man, I think Topher will convey that well with his kinda wieny voice that I've noticed in the trailers as well as the trailer with the glimps at Venom.

For those who have not seen this yet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5itDr5Uzytw

Slipknot 666
12-12-2006, 11:42 AM
lol sandman?
Hes the crappest villan ever!!!!!!!!!!!
We need venom, lizard man , mysterio , SHOCKER etc...:p

urgeok
12-12-2006, 12:12 PM
didnt look too crappy in the ads..

Vodstok
12-12-2006, 12:31 PM
No kidding....

Toad was a pretty lame character, but they got Ray Park to play him and made him at least interesting. hehe... "Darth Toad".....

Prelude95Si
12-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Maguire on the Spider-Man 3 Goo
Source: Los Angeles Times December 11, 2006

In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Tobey Maguire revealed a bit more about Spider-Man 3:

"Basically, there's the goo, right? The symbiote which has, like, a dark energy, like the goo from the thing that creates venom." To someone not totally versant in the Spider-Man mythology, Maguire sounds vaguely demented. He realizes it, laughs and backs up. He's not referring to venom, but Venom, "a very, very popular character from the later Spider-Man comics. He has the same kind of attributes that Spider-Man has, but he's just stronger, faster and more vicious than Spider-Man. And it comes from this goo that comes from outer space, so first the goo comes and gets hold of me."

--------------------------------
So it looks like they are sticking close to the original concept origin of the symbiote as apose to the Ultimate origin. I think it will play out something like in the animated series.

Second off Sandman is a lame villain but Sandman is Tobey's favorite villain plus from a visual stand point he will be awsome. Also he's a villain that would make more sense as Uncle Ben's killer for the movies b/c Sandman is just a tug basiclly and there isn't much complexity to his origin or character as apose to Spidys major villains like The Lizard, not Lizard man, or Doc Ock, or any of the Goblins.

Prelude95Si
12-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Spider-Man 3 Sneak Peek Coming to FX!
Source: Superhero Hype! December 12, 2006

Spidey fans alerted us to another early look at Spider-Man 3! We'll start with scooper 'Brick'...

I was watching the Nip/Tuck season finale when during a commercial break FX said they will be premiering Spider-Man 2 Jan. 2 at 7PM. Not only will they be showing Spider-Man 2 but a new version with added story and extended scenes. Also during this there will be a new clip of Spider-Man 3 shown.

'Spider-Who?' wrote:

Hey! Just to let you guys know, the cable channel FX just aired an advertisement about Spider-Man 2, saying that Sam Raimi presents an "exclusive cut" of Spider-Man 2 on January 2.

'Hangintree' added:

I just wanted to let you guys know that I was watching Man On Fire on FX yesterday and they gave a commercial that FX is going to air a special 3 hour director's cut premiere of Spider-Man 2 on January 2nd. There are also going to give Sneak peek from Spider-Man 3.

And 'slider_alt' said:

I was just watching "Man on Fire" on FX and they announced a special airing of "Spider-Man 2" on Jan 2nd. They said that it would include all new never before footage within the film and that they would also air new clips from "Spider-Man 3".

Thanks guys, we'll definitely be watching!

Prelude95Si
12-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Pictures of Venom and the new Goblin from covers of upcoming books to be released with the movie.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&keywords=spider-man%203&tag=comingsoon&index=books&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

Phalanx
12-19-2006, 12:06 PM
So many venom books for a character that only essentially comes into fruition towards the end of the film...unless they've actually managed to put enough misleading spin out there, and he's actually a villain bigtime in this one...but...I'd actually prefer it if they set up his story a little bit, so if we have to wait for the fourth to see him in his prime, that's all good.
I can kinda see a "symbiote invasion/theft" type storyline which will have venom/Brock do something to redeem themself towards the end happening though, jsut to compress his story into a film, which is a little dissapointing, as the character was hateful and evil for a lonnnnng time.

The "new goblin" looks more like a modern take on "the vulture", if anyone follows the comics/cartoon and can recall when he got rejuvinated for a while?

I'm sick of waiting for this one...the spider-man films are probably my favourite thing to come out of marvel.

Prelude95Si
12-19-2006, 07:10 PM
So many venom books for a character that only essentially comes into fruition towards the end of the film...unless they've actually managed to put enough misleading spin out there, and he's actually a villain bigtime in this one...but...I'd actually prefer it if they set up his story a little bit, so if we have to wait for the fourth to see him in his prime, that's all good.
I can kinda see a "symbiote invasion/theft" type storyline which will have venom/Brock do something to redeem themself towards the end happening though, jsut to compress his story into a film, which is a little dissapointing, as the character was hateful and evil for a lonnnnng time.

The "new goblin" looks more like a modern take on "the vulture", if anyone follows the comics/cartoon and can recall when he got rejuvinated for a while?

I'm sick of waiting for this one...the spider-man films are probably my favourite thing to come out of marvel.

Thats why the goblin suit looks so familar to me, your right it does look like Vulture.
As far as Venom goes, I was hoping that Venom would be a storyline carried over into #4. However, I've read thin reports that Venom dies at the end, but I would rather not believe those stories. But I did read any article today saying that Tobey, Kristin, and James Franco only signed on for 3 movies, and they have not yet decisded on whether or not to renew their contracts.

offtheset
12-20-2006, 10:37 AM
doesn't Tophers character eventually become Venoms host? I remeber a storyline where Peter Parker rejects Venom and then another reporter takes over Venom identity...

Prelude95Si
12-20-2006, 11:05 AM
doesn't Tophers character eventually become Venoms host? I remeber a storyline where Peter Parker rejects Venom and then another reporter takes over Venom identity...

In the original comic book back in '84 Spider-Man had the black costume. In Web of Spider-Man #1 Parker went to a church to try and get rid of the costume. In the church Brock (Topher's character) was praying. Parker used the church bell to get ride of the costume and it fell on Brock bellow.
This is why you see a church scene in the trailer.

You may also remeber a modification of this story from the '90's cartoon series with similar events.

Phalanx
12-20-2006, 12:42 PM
More to the point, Brock was a competing photographer...took info from a dodgy source and fucked up or missed a story (something like that), got found out by the Jameson boss guy, Parker "won" their ongoing rivalry when Brock was fired and disgraced. He was contemplating suicide in the church.
Suit finds the nearest host after being "abandoned" = Brock.
Brock hates Peter Parker, suit hates Peter Parker/spider-man, symbiosis formed with the suit provided information about parkers secret identity, fuels further rage...etc...etc.

If they do things "right", the venom suit is able to go into camo. mode, and negates the whole spider-sense dealy too.

Prelude95Si
12-21-2006, 03:27 PM
More to the point, Brock was a competing photographer...took info from a dodgy source and fucked up or missed a story (something like that), got found out by the Jameson boss guy, Parker "won" their ongoing rivalry when Brock was fired and disgraced. He was contemplating suicide in the church.
Suit finds the nearest host after being "abandoned" = Brock.
Brock hates Peter Parker, suit hates Peter Parker/spider-man, symbiosis formed with the suit provided information about parkers secret identity, fuels further rage...etc...etc.

If they do things "right", the venom suit is able to go into camo. mode, and negates the whole spider-sense dealy too.

I have never read the first appearance of Venom, all of my Venom knowledge comes from Venom's second appearance to present. But there is a video on YouTube for anyone who wants a quick run down on Venom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg6U-EJKhYw

I think that they will have Venom be immune to Spider-Man's Spider Sense.

Sick_As_Fuck
12-21-2006, 03:37 PM

lolololololololol wow that was fantastic. thank god for youtube.

Phalanx
12-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Dunno if it's been posted or what, but...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDmlAqQhrhc&mode=related&search=

Phalanx
12-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Another:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/large.html

urgeok
12-24-2006, 01:28 PM
best thing this time is that my son is old enough now to go with us to see it ..

Vodstok
12-26-2006, 05:42 AM
I am dying to see this....

I was never huge into comics, but my 2 passions when i was were X-Men (More or less liked the movie, havent seen 2 or 3 yet.....)

And SPIDERMAN. I never quite agreed with Parker's "No kill" philosophy, but spidey is just to kick-ass not to love. The first one made me have dreams that i was spiderman.... I know, dorky, but they sure were fun.

I didnt see the second one until about a month ago, and i loved it, so i am DYING to see 3. Venom is probably my favorite villan aside from Carnage (I'm a sucker for the symbiotes)

Prelude95Si
12-26-2006, 06:49 PM
I am dying to see this....

I was never huge into comics, but my 2 passions when i was were X-Men (More or less liked the movie, havent seen 2 or 3 yet.....)

And SPIDERMAN. I never quite agreed with Parker's "No kill" philosophy, but spidey is just to kick-ass not to love. The first one made me have dreams that i was spiderman.... I know, dorky, but they sure were fun.

I didnt see the second one until about a month ago, and i loved it, so i am DYING to see 3. Venom is probably my favorite villan aside from Carnage (I'm a sucker for the symbiotes)

I too am a sucker for the symbiotes, however my favorite villain is Carnage hands down. He's a more deadly version of Venom and he is more dangerous in that he has a serial killer for a host and Carnage is a single consious he doesn't say "we" like Venom. But I am definantly looking forward to seeing Venom on the big screen.

ShankS
01-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Venom :)

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/4201/spiderman3venomlb0.jpg

urgeok
01-09-2007, 06:10 PM
i was thinking about Spiderman today ..

in #1 the opening title sequence was mostly blue
in #2 it was identical (for the 1st few seconds) but in red.

i wonder if it will be black this time.

The_Return
01-09-2007, 06:12 PM

No doubt in my mind

Vodstok
01-10-2007, 05:59 AM
Venom :)

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/4201/spiderman3venomlb0.jpg

Looks like a cross between spiderman and the alien :)

Prelude95Si
01-10-2007, 07:21 PM

More than likely considering the tone of this film.
I'm interested to see if the same artist will be back to do the portraits they showed in the openning titles of #2. Those paintings were amazing!

urgeok
01-10-2007, 07:24 PM
they were good ... notice Mary Jane was the only one that was actually a photograph ?

Prelude95Si
01-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Looks like a cross between spiderman and the alien :)

Its supposed to be. In the final design of Venom that I've seen he has the same costume as Spider-Man but with a bigger spider in the middle plus the mouth.

************Spoiler******************************* ****

From the way this film is shaping out, Venom is more than likely going to be the final evolution of the symbiote. Its in the first Alien, the Xenomorph started as a Facehugger then a Chest Burster, and finally the full adult. The full adult was like the final moster for the movie. Venom is going to come about in a similar manner I think.

Phalanx
01-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Kind of...but it's more like it looks different on everyone dependant upon their emotional/mental state, and also reflects how they in fact want to present it.
You can look up some variations, the punisher once wore it in a "what if" and Mac Gargan (formerly the scorpion) who currently has it.
I mean yes...it was slime, then parker had it, then brock had it, at which point it got the scary look...but it was also reflective of Brocks anger, hatred, and well...kind've instability to begin with. Whether or not these were character traits that were dormant and always there in Brock, or bought on by what you will see happens between Parker and himself...assuming they carry over the correct storyline...is unsure, but basically at the time he gets the suit, he's very bitter, angry, and self loathing...the suit itself in a similar state after being rejected...they made for an angrier, crazier being. The suit itself did not evolve beyond anything that it was capable in the first place. Brock just flexed different muscles, so to speak.
The "suit" also tends to carry traits from it's former incarnations over as well...if you look at the original spiderman black suit, then the venom character, then venom as worn by the fortunato kid for a short amount of time, then the mac gargan version, and I suppose even the 2099 and punisher versions (even though they are non-canon) you can see how it's reflective of who's underneath, and what traits it's "absorbed".
As well as aesthetic traits, it also absorbs personality (hence the warped sense of "justice" that's been evident in all of the venom comics = parkers good guy bit + Eddies crazy bit) traits, and tends to use information gathered for it's own benefit, eg - knowledge of the spider-sense allows this suit to be immune to it.
I'm sure one day Brock will make a return to the suit...or likewise...he will if he doesn't want to die anyways, and it's something that seems like a lot of the fans would want.

Prelude95Si
01-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Kind of...but it's more like it looks different on everyone dependant upon their emotional/mental state, and also reflects how they in fact want to present it.
You can look up some variations, the punisher once wore it in a "what if" and Mac Gargan (formerly the scorpion) who currently has it.
I mean yes...it was slime, then parker had it, then brock had it, at which point it got the scary look...but it was also reflective of Brocks anger, hatred, and well...kind've instability to begin with. Whether or not these were character traits that were dormant and always there in Brock, or bought on by what you will see happens between Parker and himself...assuming they carry over the correct storyline...is unsure, but basically at the time he gets the suit, he's very bitter, angry, and self loathing...the suit itself in a similar state after being rejected...they made for an angrier, crazier being. The suit itself did not evolve beyond anything that it was capable in the first place. Brock just flexed different muscles, so to speak.
The "suit" also tends to carry traits from it's former incarnations over as well...if you look at the original spiderman black suit, then the venom character, then venom as worn by the fortunato kid for a short amount of time, then the mac gargan version, and I suppose even the 2099 and punisher versions (even though they are non-canon) you can see how it's reflective of who's underneath, and what traits it's "absorbed".
As well as aesthetic traits, it also absorbs personality (hence the warped sense of "justice" that's been evident in all of the venom comics = parkers good guy bit + Eddies crazy bit) traits, and tends to use information gathered for it's own benefit, eg - knowledge of the spider-sense allows this suit to be immune to it.
I'm sure one day Brock will make a return to the suit...or likewise...he will if he doesn't want to die anyways, and it's something that seems like a lot of the fans would want.

I wasn't trying to say that in the comic book the symbiote was anything more. I'm saying in the sense of a movie and the way the general audience with no comic book background might see Venom was the final evolution of the symbiote. Or else as the visual resprentation of the evil dark side of both Brock and the symbiote. B/c the average movie goer is just going think its a costume that is suddenly alive and now it has a mouth with teeth, general audiences will see this as the visual "monster" that the movie may play the symbiote out to be.
One article I read said that Brock is Brock Jr. which may mean that they are going to follow the Ultimate Spidy storyline which would further justify why Topher is play Brock in the first place.

Phalanx
01-11-2007, 07:43 PM
I know you weren't trying to say all that, I was just rambling man...I get what you mean about the average non-comic-reading moviegoers perceptions.
Yeah, the ultimate version wouldn't be bad...bring about the stuff with brock snr and parkers dad working together to make it (which is less "out there" of a storyline) as some kind've medical tech that went wrong, a former friendship between brock and parker I always thought was a cool addition to the ultimate books...

Prelude95Si
01-12-2007, 05:59 AM
I know you weren't trying to say all that, I was just rambling man...I get what you mean about the average non-comic-reading moviegoers perceptions.
Yeah, the ultimate version wouldn't be bad...bring about the stuff with brock snr and parkers dad working together to make it (which is less "out there" of a storyline) as some kind've medical tech that went wrong, a former friendship between brock and parker I always thought was a cool addition to the ultimate books...

I'm fine for either storyline b/c I think that both ideas are "out there." I mean in the original story its an alien symbiote. In the Ultimate story its a cure for cancer with a mind of its own. Personally I think both ideas are just really "out there" but with the addition of FF #2 the idea of an alien symbiote is more plausible b/c if FF can have Galactus and the Surfer why can't Spidy have an alien in the mix? I mean originally they were supposed to film an ending to Spidy #2 that showed Jameson going to space and that would lead into the symbiote story.

Pictures of the Venom figure for Spider-Man 3

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=4327

Larger pictures at the bottom of the site.

Prelude95Si
01-19-2007, 04:40 PM
EXCL: Producer Grant Curtis on Spider-Man 3!
Source: Superhero Hype! January 19, 2007

Superhero Hype! recently caught up with Spider-Man 3 producer Grant Curtis to get an update on the highly-anticipated third film. With the footage shown at the Consumer Electronics Association (CES) in Las Vegas last week and the newly-launched official website now live, the hype for the movie is really kicking off while the production is working on completing the project.

Curtis told us that director Sam Raimi and team are spending several hours a day creating the special effects currently and that there are literally hundreds of people around the world working on the film.

One of the questions he gets asked most often, as do we, is whether or not there are four villains in the movie. Curtis said that is not really the case, as the movie involves mostly Sandman, New Goblin and Venom. The black suit is often referred to as a fourth villain, but it's more Spidey's struggle within himself, which is, of course, a very big part of the story as well.

If you were concerned three villains is also too many, Curtis said that they don't just throw a villain into a Spidey movie. He says every villain in the movie has a connection to Peter Parker's story, which remains the center of the franchise. From Harry's growing tension with Peter over the death of Harry's father, to Sandman being the real killer of Uncle Ben, and Venom's connection to Peter (you'll have to see the movie to find out what that is!), everything is told through Parker's story.

We couldn't resist asking if we can expect Spider-Man 4, and Curtis gave us a very honest answer. He says that all the people involved with Spider-Man 3 are working really hard towards the May 4 release date and haven't had a chance to think about a fourth film. In fact, on each of the Spidey movies, they have really put all of their effort into the project at hand and haven't thought beyond that. We would say that's a pretty big contributing factor to why the movies are so great!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
So I guess Mysterio is not in this movie.

can't get enough gore
01-20-2007, 04:15 PM
I never cared much about spiderman. I loved the 1st movie, but the second was to dramatic for my taste. I really liked the razor-choppers goblin had in SM1

those were based on the razor bats he had in the comics.....the movie looks terrific...if you all know eddie thought he captured the sin eater but spiderman caught the real one....they will probably have eddie chase spidey into the bell tower and when he uses the noise to remove it,the symbiote will cover brock....i'm guessing they would have venom and the lizard in sm4

Prelude95Si
01-21-2007, 09:28 AM
those were based on the razor bats he had in the comics.....the movie looks terrific...if you all know eddie thought he captured the sin eater but spiderman caught the real one....they will probably have eddie chase spidey into the bell tower and when he uses the noise to remove it,the symbiote will cover brock....i'm guessing they would have venom and the lizard in sm4

In the comic Brock goes to the church to pray b/c he is about to commit suicde. In trailer Brock is in the church praying, but for a different reason, in the trailer he says that he wants Parker to die, I beleive the line is "I want you (God) to kill Parker." Check youtube for this clip it was not in the offical theatrical trailer/teaser.

Prelude95Si
01-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Pics of the toys.

http://boards.sonypictures.com/spiderman/showthread.php?t=12552

Prelude95Si
02-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Doom, Goblin and Venom Production Art
Source:Caliph February 8, 2007

JoBlo has posted new production art of Dr. Doom from Fox's Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, as well as New Goblin and Venom from Spider-Man 3. You can check out the pics at the link above.

Spidey 3 hits theaters first on May 4 and the "Fantastic Four" sequel comes to theaters on June 15.

http://www.joblo.com/doom-goblin-venom

The_Return
02-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Doom, Goblin and Venom Production Art
Source:Caliph February 8, 2007

JoBlo has posted new production art of Dr. Doom from Fox's Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, as well as New Goblin and Venom from Spider-Man 3. You can check out the pics at the link above.

Spidey 3 hits theaters first on May 4 and the "Fantastic Four" sequel comes to theaters on June 15.

http://www.joblo.com/doom-goblin-venom

Well Doom and Venom look good...

Gus
02-09-2007, 04:57 PM
sm3 will set a new standard of film

Prelude95Si
02-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Well Doom and Venom look good...

Yeah, Harry looks like a power ranger surfer. Kinda gay for the next green Goblin.

The_Return
02-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah, Harry looks like a power ranger surfer. Kinda gay for the next green Goblin.

I was hoping they'd learn from their mistakes...the costume from the first movie is looking better by the second:eek:

seeingred
02-09-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm glad they've decided on venom, but what i can't understand is what would they have more than one villain in the movie compared to the other spider man movies. Not that I don't like the concept but to me it just seems like there's going to be less attention given to the well known villains like venom and green goblin..

seeingred

http://world5.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=59060935

can't get enough gore
02-10-2007, 08:40 AM
i am hoping that if they make SM4 they will have

venom and the lizard.....maybe even scorpion,he is my favorite!!!

Prelude95Si
02-10-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm glad they've decided on venom, but what i can't understand is what would they have more than one villain in the movie compared to the other spider man movies. Not that I don't like the concept but to me it just seems like there's going to be less attention given to the well known villains like venom and green goblin

A lot of us complained about the overkill on the villains, in fact if you read some of the earlier posts there was a rumor going around that Bruce Campbell was going to play Mysterio, now I'm hearing that Campbell will just show-up as Quinton Beck.

Your fear of Venom not getting a lot of attention is right, in fact Venom does not show up untill the very end (I haven't spoiled anything, its clearly obvious by the trailer especailly if you've seen the trailer with Venom in it).

One thing that I can't understand is the introduction of Gwen Stacey, I know its meant to create a love triangle but I thing that people would have wanted Black Cat. especailly since there really was a love triangle there.

can't get enough gore
02-11-2007, 09:15 AM
tihs movie is going to be sweet

Prelude95Si
02-11-2007, 06:31 PM
i am hoping that if they make SM4 they will have

venom and the lizard.....maybe even scorpion,he is my favorite!!!

I don't know if they would do Scorpion, if you've noticed all of the villains Spidy's faced had a personal connection to Parker. Norman liked Parker b/c he was Harry's friend and he was smart. Parker respected Doc Ock, and they had a somewhat professional relationship (student/teacher). In #3 they've changed Sandman's origin to better fit with this trend. Sandman is the "actual" killer of Uncle Ben which will cause Parker to want revenge and that will be magnified by the symbiote. Harry as GG 2 wants revenge for Spidy killing his father. And Venom is the byproduct of the symbiote hating Parker for rejecting it and Brock hating Parker on a personal level for embaressing him and causing him to lose his job.

The Lizard I could see b/c Conners is one of Parker's teachers. So another professional relationship.

The_Return
02-11-2007, 06:44 PM
The Lizard I could see b/c Conners is one of Parker's teachers. So another professional relationship.

Exactly why I cant imagine them using the Lizard...the villain himself is different, but the setup is too much like Doc Ock.

He would make for a damn good storyline, but they'd have to change alot in the buildup.

can't get enough gore
02-11-2007, 06:48 PM
I don't know if they would do Scorpion, if you've noticed all of the villains Spidy's faced had a personal connection to Parker. Norman liked Parker b/c he was Harry's friend and he was smart. Parker respected Doc Ock, and they had a somewhat professional relationship (student/teacher). In #3 they've changed Sandman's origin to better fit with this trend. Sandman is the "actual" killer of Uncle Ben which will cause Parker to want revenge and that will be magnified by the symbiote. Harry as GG 2 wants revenge for Spidy killing his father. And Venom is the byproduct of the symbiote hating Parker for rejecting it and Brock hating Parker on a personal level for embaressing him and causing him to lose his job.

so???? i believe mac gargan was sent to spy on peter parker and when he failed he was offered the scorpion suit

Phalanx
02-13-2007, 11:00 PM
In #3 they've changed Sandman's origin to better fit with this trend. Sandman is the "actual" killer of Uncle Ben
Just read this...I think they're actually swinging it to make it potentially look like it MIGHT have been him, but actually wasn't...but I dunno, that's just a feeling I'm getting. It would fit in with the "black suit/rage" type thing...incidentally, in one of the spiderman titles, just found out that it was the FATHER of sandman that was likely the killer? Something like that, I'd have to read it again...I think he actually killed a Ben Parker from an alternate dimension, but it's interesting, wondering if it's somehow related, or one got the idea from the other...etc...etc

can't get enough gore
02-14-2007, 03:11 PM
Just read this...I think they're actually swinging it to make it potentially look like it MIGHT have been him, but actually wasn't...but I dunno, that's just a feeling I'm getting. It would fit in with the "black suit/rage" type thing...incidentally, in one of the spiderman titles, just found out that it was the FATHER of sandman that was likely the killer? Something like that, I'd have to read it again...I think he actually killed a Ben Parker from an alternate dimension, but it's interesting, wondering if it's somehow related, or one got the idea from the other...etc...etc

in the comics he had nothing to do with peter except he was his enemy

Phalanx
02-14-2007, 06:03 PM
in the comics he had nothing to do with peter except he was his enemy
I know that...
They actually kind've reconciled last time sandman almost died though. The events I speak of that kind've seem a little parralell to the idea of sandman having something to do with Ben Parkers death took place in the current run (and latest issues) of "friendly neigborhood spider-man"...although it's sandmans father that's been allegedly FRAMED in the death of Ben Parker, but not the original continuity Ben Parker, but one that kind've snuck in from another reality where spider-man had suffered the loss of May rather than him...decided to hang around, evidently got killed...sandmans father being blamed for it, black suit is back, seems another reason for Parker to hate him...it's at least similar to what the third film seems to be going for.
This is nothing new though...it's not always exact, but a few times now, events in the comics (although far ahead in "time) have resembled events in the movies, and likewise...x-men did it, even made the characters resemble the movie ppl for a while...

Prelude95Si
02-16-2007, 06:13 PM

Is that what is going on in the post Civil War life for Spidy? B/c I know that he's back in the black costume and Marvel says that its b/c of the events of Civil War.

Phalanx
02-16-2007, 07:47 PM
I wouldn't know to be honest...see...Marvel has kind've been slightly fucking up with the whole civil war thing, so many issues of various comics involved are coming out at the wrong time, eg - before others in which events take place prior to them...eg - When I was reading, way back towards the beggining of civil war, some events kind've got spoiled by this happening, sooo...what I've been doing now is collecting (dl'ing anyways) all the civil war stuff, and when it ends, I believe sometime in march, I'll just read it all once I have the correct issues in the correct sequence.

The events I'm speaking of are happening in the "non civil war" spiderman series "friendly neighborhood spiderman" which happens in the same timeline and all, just events outside of the civil war dealy...I've just noticed kind've parralell lines to those events and the ones that are taking place in the movie.
However, I can tell you that - Yes, he is back in black.
I'm not sure, but I don't think it's the venom symbiote itself, just a costume, as Mac Gargan (formerly the scorpion) now wears that in part of the redisigned "thunderbolts", currently lead by Norman Osbourne himself.
But yeah, from what I've heard/read, he's in black because of something that happens during the civil war thing.
I have a feeling it's one of two things...
1 - MJ and/or May die
2 - Parker kills somebody, potentially a former allie.
I'm leaning towards the second, but really, I'm not sure.

Prelude95Si
02-17-2007, 05:44 PM
The events I'm speaking of are happening in the "non civil war" spiderman series "friendly neighborhood spiderman" which happens in the same timeline and all, just events outside of the civil war dealy...I've just noticed kind've parralell lines to those events and the ones that are taking place in the movie.
However, I can tell you that - Yes, he is back in black.
I'm not sure, but I don't think it's the venom symbiote itself, just a costume, as Mac Gargan (formerly the scorpion) now wears that in part of the redisigned "thunderbolts", currently lead by Norman Osbourne himself.
But yeah, from what I've heard/read, he's in black because of something that happens during the civil war thing.
I have a feeling it's one of two things...
1 - MJ and/or May die
2 - Parker kills somebody, potentially a former allie.
I'm leaning towards the second, but really, I'm not sure.

Yeah, I'm just getting Civil War 1-7. I meant the issue that just came-out last week. It was "Friendly" and the story arch is called "the Strange case of.." and its not the symbiote. I haven't read the issue I just know certain things from Wizard.
I was asking if it from this story arch that they just started which is post Civil War.

And I heard that the guy who wrote "the Other" is writeing the storyline where either MJ or May dies. However, May has died before in Amz. 400.

can't get enough gore
02-17-2007, 06:12 PM
how far do you guys thing this movie series will go???

SM 4,5,6?????

Phalanx
02-17-2007, 09:50 PM
I'd say 5 would be a good number, for the films anyway...although there's much more to tell in the whole saga...Personally I think it'd be a better idea to make some kind've ongoing series, not so much a live one, but perhaps a digitally animated one like the last series that came out between the first and second films? That was excellent. Problem is, evidently as good as something is (and I doubt anyone who's actually SEEN this series would think otherwise) it can still fall victim to axe murder.
But all the same, supposedly Avi Arad has another series of the same sort ready to go...I think that this medium would work better than film for a LOT of the spiderman tales yet to tell.

Prelude95Si
02-18-2007, 09:36 AM
I'd say 5 would be a good number, for the films anyway...although there's much more to tell in the whole saga...Personally I think it'd be a better idea to make some kind've ongoing series, not so much a live one, but perhaps a digitally animated one like the last series that came out between the first and second films? That was excellent. Problem is, evidently as good as something is (and I doubt anyone who's actually SEEN this series would think otherwise) it can still fall victim to axe murder.
But all the same, supposedly Avi Arad has another series of the same sort ready to go...I think that this medium would work better than film for a LOT of the spiderman tales yet to tell.

I agree, I think the genreal public would see this series for so long and then get tired of seeing the same thing over and over. But look at Bond, he's got 21 movies if you don't count the one WB did and they are already talking about #22. I own the DVD of the MTV series you are refering to, I actually enjoyed that series a lot b/c it wasn't all about the superhero aspect I think it took the time to make itself more than just another Spider-Man show.

can't get enough gore
02-19-2007, 12:59 PM
if they come out with a 4 or 5 i am hoping they have scorpion

Prelude95Si
03-01-2007, 04:42 PM
The Amazing Spider-Man Coming to Kids' WB
Source: The CW March 1, 2007

Spider-Man swings back into television action in early 2008 as an animated series from Culver Entertainment to air on Kids' WB! on The CW, it was announced by Kids' WB! Senior Vice President and General Manager Betsy McGowen and Sony Pictures Television Co-President Zack Van Amburg.

Tentatively titled The Amazing Spider-Man, the new series is being produced by Culver Entertainment. Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, The Batman) is supervising producer, Victor Cook (Hellboy: Blood and Iron and Buzz Lightyear of Star Command) is producer/supervising director. The series will premiere on Kids' WB! on The CW, the No.1 rated Saturday morning kids broadcast slate.

"The addition of 'Spider-Man' bolsters a lineup that has proved to be the Saturday morning destination for kids seeking action and adventure in the most amped-up ways," McGowen said. "We're ecstatic to welcome 'Spider-Man' to our popular cavalcade of super heroes."

"Spider-Man is such an important brand for Sony Pictures and we're thrilled to keep the momentum going by taking it back to television with an animated series on Kids' WB!," Van Amburg said. "It's also an excellent way to launch Culver Entertainment, our newest television company."

Riding the crest of Sony's anticipated summer blockbuster Spider-Man 3, the new animated series picks up the original web-slinger's mythology at the beginning of his hero's journey - as a not-so-typical 16-year-old entering his junior year of high school. Having spent the summer engaging common criminals with his new-found powers, Peter Parker must conceal his secret identity while engaging a new level of terror - the multi-leveled pressures of teenage life at home and school while combating bigger, badder super-villains in the real world.

"Our goal is to reinterpret these great characters and concepts for our millennium," Weisman said. "We'll have plenty of resonant material for the Spider-Man fan, while engaging the Spider-Man novice with the same thrills we experienced when we were first exposed to the character. Our stories will appeal on multiple levels with plenty of eye-candy, action, humor and colorful characters for the youngest demographic balanced with extensive character development for 'tweens, teens and adults."

can't get enough gore
03-01-2007, 06:13 PM
The Amazing Spider-Man Coming to Kids' WB
Source: The CW March 1, 2007

Spider-Man swings back into television action in early 2008 as an animated series from Culver Entertainment to air on Kids' WB! on The CW, it was announced by Kids' WB! Senior Vice President and General Manager Betsy McGowen and Sony Pictures Television Co-President Zack Van Amburg.

Tentatively titled The Amazing Spider-Man, the new series is being produced by Culver Entertainment. Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, The Batman) is supervising producer, Victor Cook (Hellboy: Blood and Iron and Buzz Lightyear of Star Command) is producer/supervising director. The series will premiere on Kids' WB! on The CW, the No.1 rated Saturday morning kids broadcast slate.

"The addition of 'Spider-Man' bolsters a lineup that has proved to be the Saturday morning destination for kids seeking action and adventure in the most amped-up ways," McGowen said. "We're ecstatic to welcome 'Spider-Man' to our popular cavalcade of super heroes."

"Spider-Man is such an important brand for Sony Pictures and we're thrilled to keep the momentum going by taking it back to television with an animated series on Kids' WB!," Van Amburg said. "It's also an excellent way to launch Culver Entertainment, our newest television company."

Riding the crest of Sony's anticipated summer blockbuster Spider-Man 3, the new animated series picks up the original web-slinger's mythology at the beginning of his hero's journey - as a not-so-typical 16-year-old entering his junior year of high school. Having spent the summer engaging common criminals with his new-found powers, Peter Parker must conceal his secret identity while engaging a new level of terror - the multi-leveled pressures of teenage life at home and school while combating bigger, badder super-villains in the real world.

"Our goal is to reinterpret these great characters and concepts for our millennium," Weisman said. "We'll have plenty of resonant material for the Spider-Man fan, while engaging the Spider-Man novice with the same thrills we experienced when we were first exposed to the character. Our stories will appeal on multiple levels with plenty of eye-candy, action, humor and colorful characters for the youngest demographic balanced with extensive character development for 'tweens, teens and adults."

sounds awesome...i really liked the series in the 90's and the 60's one

missmacabre
03-02-2007, 07:39 PM
I really liked the first Spiderman movie. Saw it 3 times in theatres cause I liked it so much. I didn't like the second nearly as much so I have a feeling this one will disappoint.

the_real_linda
03-04-2007, 08:24 AM
im a spiderman fan but im dubious of this film, will certainly be going to see it tho...

Prelude95Si
03-04-2007, 02:32 PM
It was an unfortunate let down out here in San Francisco at WonderCon, as the Spider-Man 3 panel consisted of one measly 2 minute trailer and no celebrity appearences at all. However, it did have a few new scenes and a bit of exciting new footage, which we have details of here!

It starts with Eddie Brock going into the church and the “I want you to kill Spider-Man” line. Very dark trailer, all about the symbiote. The Columbia logo turns to black (like black Spidey). There's a new scene with Dr. Connors (aka Lizard) with Peter and they have a small sample of the symbiote and the catch it in an upside-down beaker, and it jumps around. Connors says “it seems to like you.” Another new scene is an extended one of Spidey in his black suit webslinging through some building with subways going by with the camera following (awesome shot) and he ends up right at Sandman before it cuts. Another new line from Mary Jane: “I'm worried about you.” And another cut where Peter says “I need your help.” Near the end it has the text “a hero must fight” (from the other trailers) but then says “the venom within” instead and it cuts to Peter ripping off the symbiote in the bell tower and extended catch scene where a lot more of the symbiote falls onto Brock than just the drop. Then it shows the zooming into the mouth scene we've seen before. Then it shows the title and “May 4″ and fades slowly into the last scene. Then the newest part is it shows Peter ripped up and battered, half of his Spidey suit on his face is torn off, and he's looking around the construction area, confused and beaten, and all of a sudden Venom's hands come down and grab Spidey and pull him up out of frame.

That's all for now. Look forward to the new extended clip and trailer this week!

Prelude95Si
03-06-2007, 07:37 AM
No More Spidey for Tobey Maguire?
Source: The Courier-Mail March 5, 2007

Tobey Maguire told the The Courier-Mail that Spider-Man 3 might be the end of the road for him.

"To me it seems like this is a natural point for the team to break up because we have a lot of story conclusions that were going along for the main characters for the first two movies and we kind of tie almost everything up for the third movie," he says.

"It feels like a trilogy to me and it feels like the end."

Roderick Usher
03-06-2007, 09:37 AM
http://flash.sonypictures.com/video/movies/spiderman3/Spiderman3_480p_4000kbps.mov

AWESOME extended sneak-peek trailer

contians a pretty huge spoiler and a really quick shot of...VENOM!

I am now officially geeked about this one.

Darkspider
03-06-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm very excited about this one, not only because I'm a big fan of Spiderman (and Spiders) but also because I was a "Spidey Girl" on this film and I hope i can see myself. Here are a couple of pictures from the shoot.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/22/166783671_82825136a1.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/56/166783672_82cac78d5a.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/32/166783670_a3649caa2e.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/74/166783668_3e7e4b659e.jpg

Prelude95Si
03-22-2007, 06:12 AM
Comcast to Debut Final Spider-Man 3 Trailer
Source: Sony Pictures March 22, 2007

Comcast has launched a Spider-Man 3 site which says you'll be able to watch the final trailer there on Friday, March 23. The site already has up a behind-the-scenes clip on the black costume along with other features. You can check out the site here.

Also, Yahoo! Movies has posted a new 60-second TV spot along with new promo artwork for the movie.

Spider-Man 3 hits theaters on May 4.

http://www.spiderman3oncomcast.com/

Those of you who saw 300 may have seen the final trailer with that movie. The final trailer is all about Venom for the most part.