PDA

View Full Version : Alien V Predator 2 Update

Sick_As_Fuck
01-30-2006, 03:03 PM
At the premiere for "Big Mommas House 2", 20th Century Fox's feature film head honcho Tom Rothman gave IESB a surprising update on how a certain sequel is progressing.

"Yeah, uh, Hutch would know actually better but I think they just got the script, they just got the script in...we are making that movie, it's gonna be kick ass (smiles)" said Rothman. What's he referring to? Why "Alien vs. Predator II" in fact.

SKNR.Net first reported months ago that another film was coming and that it would have a contemporary setting again according to Rothman. When will we see it? "We're hoping for August of 2007 release. That's what we hope".

__________________________________________________ __
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

doctor satan
01-31-2006, 06:57 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sick_As_Fuck
"We're hoping for August of 2007 release. That's what we hope".

And we all live in hope that they can do justice to the franchise.....

Soloman Kane
01-31-2006, 08:33 AM
Infact lets not discuss what a pile the last one was. Oh so much potential & such wasted effort.. A was of good film... :(

urgeok
01-31-2006, 09:10 AM
maybe they should do Alien V Predator V Ash

newb
01-31-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
maybe they should do Alien V Predator V Ash

What.....no leatherface?

ShankS
01-31-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by newb
What.....no leatherface?

Vs (http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=377015#post377015)

Sukie
01-31-2006, 12:58 PM
I still petition to see a vision of the home planets of the Predator and the Alien, and their societies. I assume the Alien society would be as already portrayed, insect-like, but I wonder what they eat because they are so prolific -- would they ranch herds of things from other planets, and the Predator society is rife with possibilities. But alas, any new movie will probaby be more acid blood splashing and the final Predator wrist bomb timer. Sigh.

Prelude95Si
01-31-2006, 03:05 PM
I agree that it would be nice to see the homeworlds but the more I think about it, that idea would maybe work better in a novel or graphic novel. I think that from the general audience side, they wouldn't really care to see something like that. But I don't think that anyone can do either series justice now, not after the tragedy that is AVP.

Hellsing
01-31-2006, 04:29 PM
Since Hollywood does no justice anymore to films(money talks not story)AvP could have been great,But no.My wife injoyed it but i had high hopes.Though not a crash and burn movie it's one that you could see once and not see again for a long while.If they go ahead with a second one ,Ripley should be back to kick both butts(aliens and director):( :(