PDA

View Full Version : Final Destination 3

PsychoSKfan
01-27-2006, 07:46 AM
I just heard a preview for Final Destination 3.
Like the second one wasn't bad enough? I loved the first one...the second one killed it- so what could they possibly do with a third one to make a good movie? :rolleyes:

OY!

-Liz

urgeok
01-27-2006, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by PsychoSKfan
I just heard a preview for Final Destination 3.
Like the second one wasn't bad enough? I loved the first one...the second one killed it- so what could they possibly do with a third one to make a good movie? :rolleyes:

OY!

-Liz

the second one was about 500X better than the first one as far as i'm concerned.

The freeway accident was brilliant, the deaths were oldschool imaginative and fun - like back in the day when horror was fun.

what more could you want from a horror movie ?

#1 was horror-lite
#2 delivered the goods

The_Return
01-27-2006, 08:05 AM
I quite enjoyed the first one, havent seen #2 yet. Hows the trailer for this one? Havent seen that yet either...

ItsAlive75
01-27-2006, 09:06 AM
I heard at one point it was going to be in 3-D a la Spy Kids or Shark Boy and Lava Girl (blaugh and blaauuuugh). Is this still happening, cuz I don't want to wear those flimsy glasses while watching people get murdered.

Angelakillsluts
01-27-2006, 09:49 AM
First one was better, second one had really cool death scenes though. I think the third one will probably be the same as the second one with small changes.

urgeok
01-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Angelakillsluts
First one was better, second one had really cool death scenes though. I think the third one will probably be the same as the second one with small changes.

what about the freeway accident !! it was crazy .. and extremely well thought out and shot.

that scene alone was more compelling than all of pt 1 for me ..

newb
01-27-2006, 11:07 AM
I also thought the second was better than the first.
I still stay away from trucks carrying lumber.

RavageRitual
01-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by newb
I also thought the second was better than the first.
I still stay away from trucks carrying lumber.

I agree w/ You and the 3 other people that said this ^^^^^
I really enjoyed FD1 & 2 and I doubt 3 will be that mush worse than the first 2

PsychoSKfan
01-27-2006, 11:17 AM
LOL.
Now, I liked the death where the guy had the ladder fall on his eye.
I was babysitting while I was watching it and had to cover my mouth to keep from screaming. It shocked me more than it scared me though. Good surprise.
Over-all I didn't like it though.
I haven't actually seen the previews for the new one, I just heard it on the radio and rolled my eyes. LOL
I just think it's getting boring- it's basically the same movie, different deaths.
Just my opinion. :)

-Liz

RavageRitual
01-27-2006, 11:19 AM
well you wont really know how it is untill you go see it will you.....

PsychoSKfan
01-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Nope, I won't. :)
I'm just speculating. :D
I'm definitly going to see it- maybe not in the theatres, but I will see it.
Heck- the may prove me wrong! :p

-Liz

Minty
01-27-2006, 11:45 AM
I don't know why, the teaser kept on reminding me of the opening to House on Haunted Hill remake.

FD3 should be a laugh.

newb
01-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Minty
I don't know why, the teaser kept on reminding me of the opening to House on Haunted Hill remake.

Thats because HoHH started with a rollercoaster scene. The coaster used in that scene was The Hulk at Universal Studios in Florida.I rode that coaster and i must say it was quite fun.

Despare
01-29-2006, 11:31 AM
I agree with Urge, that freeway accident was INSANE and I loved every second of it. I think the first time I watched the movie I went back to that scene 4 times.

noctuary
01-30-2006, 08:34 AM
Final Destination is one of those very rare franchises where the law of diminishing returns doesn't seem to apply. I think the second was an altogether better film than the first. Hopefully this trend will carry over to the third too.

slasherman
01-30-2006, 01:13 PM
agree the 2 was better....its very good...more creative killings are hard to find..

LegallyInsane
01-31-2006, 06:55 PM
Both 1 and 2 were good. I'm looking foward to seeing 3. Only about 10 more days until it comes out in theatres around here.
The rollercoaster theme is something new.

Posher778
01-31-2006, 07:45 PM
after seeing the trailer, some of the kills seem kind of stupid. It looks like someone gets sliced by two swords on the wall or something, but i'm definently going to catch this movie.

I loved the second one but when that girl from the 1st movie died i got kinda pissed off at it.

hypnocil addict
02-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Posher778
I loved the second one but when that girl from the 1st movie died i got kinda pissed off at it.

lol i got pissed off as well. i didnt like the main girl in the second one. ali larter was the best.

http://i1.tinypic.com/n180ms.jpg

LegallyInsane
02-01-2006, 10:09 AM
One good part in the movie was when the lady's head was sliced off in the elevator door.
Blood went everywhere.

I've seen both many times, but still enjoy watching them.

Posher778
02-03-2006, 09:47 PM
that elevator death was by FAR the dumbest death scene in any of the fd movies... it was TOO surreal.

I liked fd1 better because it was more horror, but with a lot of action toward the end. FD2 had better kills though.

My favorite kill in fd2 was when the huge sheet of glass crushed that kid and blood went EVERYWHERE.. closely followed by that scene where the guy got split into 3rds by the fence.

Marroe
02-03-2006, 10:30 PM
I liked the first one more. Saw it in the theater and it just seemed more memorable to me than 2, although, 2 was quite good. 3 just looks like pure cheese to me. Could be wrong tho.

friday13thfan
02-04-2006, 06:41 PM
i will see it i loved the first 2 for the death and screen play of them

KF100
02-05-2006, 05:01 PM
I liked the 1st one way better than the second one the third one looks pretty good.

LegallyInsane
02-09-2006, 10:37 AM
One more day.
;)

The STE
02-10-2006, 09:21 AM
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060209/REVIEWS/60206002

Ebert did a pretty good review of it

ZombieChick13
02-10-2006, 06:28 PM
That was a good review.

But I still want to see this movie.

MichaelMyers
02-12-2006, 11:44 PM
I say that the best death scene from all of the Final Destination movies has to be the the piece of metal that slices Seann William Scott's head in half.

It's the best scene mostly because it happens to Seann William Scott

LegallyInsane
02-13-2006, 10:07 AM
Final Destination 3 came out in theatres just 3 days ago. Who saw it, and how did it turn out?

I didn't go to see it and I'm not sure if I'm going to. I planned on it but after reading through articles on the internet and all, I guess it sucks really bad?
Atleast that's what I hear.

Hm.

Korpse
02-13-2006, 12:33 PM
Can't wait to see this :D

LegallyInsane
02-14-2006, 10:09 AM
I went to see it last night.

ABnormaL
02-14-2006, 10:53 AM
I saw Final Destination 3 the other night and thought it was alright, same exact formula, premonition, death follows the survivors and kills them in new ways, but thats why everyone loves it, right? Lol. I thought some of the deaths were pretty neat and the rollarcoaster disaster at the beginning was cool, but a lot went on so you prob miss most of it on a first viewing. Whats everyone elses thoughts on it?

LegallyInsane
02-14-2006, 11:24 AM
I thought that it was alright. It wasn't too extreme or anything. The nail gun scene was cool though.

hypnocil addict
02-15-2006, 05:09 PM
i really liked this one. it was my favorite out of them all. i saw the trailor and thought it was going to be cheesy, but i thought it was really done. and i think it was a great ending for the series. i really loved it, if ur looking for a good time, go see this movie. after seeing it, u learn that the preview throws you in a completely different direction so you end up not knowing how the people die. such a great movie, really loved it, even had some comedy. haha:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thorns_demon
02-20-2006, 03:38 AM
haven't seen it yet but I know I'll love it, I like every death scene in every part, 1, 2 and 3, mm maybe a 4 and 5 lol.:D

Posher778
02-20-2006, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by MichaelMyers
I say that the best death scene from all of the Final Destination movies has to be the the piece of metal that slices Seann William Scott's head in half.

It's the best scene mostly because it happens to Seann William Scott

you are, without a doubt, the greatest person to ever walk the planet.

1beastieibe
02-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Well I finally saw it last night and as a fan of the other 2 movies was VERY DISSAPOINTED! The first one was Original and the 2nd although not original was atleast entertaining and had some awesome death scenes! This one had neither. The death scenes were not shocking nor very gruesome just Blah for a lack of a better word. When I saw the other movies, I was terrified to get on a plane or the freeway for a long time! I also felt that the characters in this movie sucked, and I was glad when they died because they were all annoying, and not funny whatsoever.

Posher778
02-20-2006, 03:25 PM
the rollercoaster thing was pretty scary, since i'm a big six flags fanatic.

manics_fan
02-23-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Posher778
that elevator death was by FAR the dumbest death scene in any of the fd movies... it was TOO surreal.

That death was my fave one of the movie, it's irionic that you say it was too surreal since it is actually based on a true story!

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/freakish/elevator.asp

Angelakillsluts
03-06-2006, 07:44 AM
Won't be able to ride a rollercoaster again... oh well I've only been on one once in my life and didn't plan on another anyway. :p

Not much of a movie, but still entertaining.

urgeok
03-06-2006, 08:50 AM
rollercoasters scare the shit out of me anyway..

not the speed or motion - the height.

i went on space mountain at disneyworld by myself just before xmas and it didnt bother me in the least - but those outdoor ones... forget it.

i still really want to see this one.
if it's half as good as #2 i'll enjoy it.

Posher778
03-06-2006, 01:32 PM
I actually think that this one was my favorite of the 3. Not because of the entire movie, but just because of the rollercoaster scene, and i thought the actors did a nice job of presenting fear in the way that they were crying and screaming.

darth rosenberg
03-11-2006, 01:44 PM
I was extremly disappointed in this movie. The first two were outstanding, and they tied into each other really well. All of the characters in part 2 had something to do with one or more of the characters from part 1. Also the lone survivor of one, was in 2. I naturally assumed that the 2 people that survived 2 would make an appearance in 3. Part 3 had nothing to do with either 1 or 2, the female lead was mental, every scene she had a tear running down her face, she was a sissy. There were minor parts in the film that were ok, but Hollywood just made this flick to cash in on the first 2. The ONLY redeeming quality this film had, was their choice of songs....which was a hoot!

crazy raplh
03-12-2006, 01:29 PM
it has some cool death scenes.

darth rosenberg
03-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Yeah, a few of the death scenes ere ok, but I think most of the ones in FD 1 and especially in FD2 were the best. Almost every single one of the death scenes in 2 were really unique.:D

kung-fu-jesus
03-17-2006, 05:33 AM
i just dont really care, i'll wait for dvd or u.s.a.( they play the shit out of the first 2).

crazy raplh
03-20-2006, 09:29 PM
I liked it when the guy got his head crushed

Thorns_demon
03-24-2006, 01:14 PM
I just went to see it and I must say it was better than 1 or 2, cause it had multiple death scenes even thou it was a premonition and 1 and 2 didn't have that, it was just 1 deathscene at a time (except for the plaincrash and the beginning of 2) but besides that they all died alone, 3 had scenes comming right after another it was cool on big screen *grins*, I tried to watch the deathscenes in slow motion thou, it happend all pretty fast, you could see blood and an upper body or something flying around but mostly i wasn't quite sure what I saw, was it a piece of a leg, or a head??? we'll never know lol.:D