PDA

View Full Version : Video Editing Software

urgeok
01-26-2006, 05:17 PM
if i shot my own digital film and put it on my pc .. are there any good intuitive user friendly editing programs out there ?

(adding music - titles - chopping and mixing scenes)

and....

are there any software that'll let you edit VOB files on a DVD ??

(i've copied things from TV and i want to edit out the commercials)

The STE
01-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Ulead's got good stuff. I'm using Media Pro 8 for video editing at the moment

urgeok
01-26-2006, 05:36 PM
i'm downloading Ulead DVD workshop right now .. but it's a blind download - i dont know what the hell it does ...

slasherman
01-29-2006, 09:19 AM
I use Adobe Premiere...its pretty good...

urgeok
01-30-2006, 07:57 AM
thats my problem .. no time for a learning curve ..

(where the hell did you get curb ??? :D

slasherman
01-30-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
thats my problem .. no time for a learning curve ..

..dont think that program exist..but premiere is pretty easy to use...many of the other shit programs is so easy its hard to use...you cant do shit with them...;)

Y2DAZZ
01-30-2006, 12:19 PM
I use Final Cut Pro/Express 6.

It's a really easy programme to use once you know the basics.

MisterSadistro
01-30-2006, 06:13 PM
bah. Get Sonic Foundry Video Vegas and you won't have to read a thing. I didn't LOL
CK
doh ! My 1111- I should get banished now like 'Logan's Run'

tonemeister
01-31-2006, 02:51 AM
adobe premiere........

urgeok
01-31-2006, 04:40 AM
so adobe premier lets you edit vob files ?

tonemeister
01-31-2006, 09:05 AM
vob files? go here

http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/showcategory.php?cid=12

jmarts
02-08-2006, 12:58 AM
if you dont want to learn anything, use windows movie maker. it's a no brainer. if you have some time to learn, adobe premiere - which is pretty much what i use most of the time. if you know adobe premiere, final cut is a piece of cake. oh, and get some plugins while you're at it. some plugins have some great effects.

you've got to learn a few of the basics though - like what's the difference between PAL and NTSC, codecs, conversion, etc.

alkytrio666
02-16-2006, 09:51 AM
Here's a warning to Urge and anyone else out there:

DO NOT PURCHASE/DOWNLOAD PINNACLE v. 10! IT IS FUCKING HORRIBLE.

Seriously, it freezes everytime you use it, the burning device doesn't work, things get real complicated. And it's not just me. My buddy and 500 people on the pinnacle site have the same problems.

Thank you.

jmarts
02-19-2006, 04:50 PM
@alkytrio666, i agree. tried it once, never will again. that's why i use a combination of softwares/hardware and never really 'rely' on just one. there's a lot of tricks and secrets to learn, but when you do learn them, it gets easier. just remember though that your output is just as good as your source. if you got a crappy source for your video, chance are you'll get a crappy video altogether and no amount of editing can make your video better.

urgeok
02-21-2006, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by alkytrio666
Here's a warning to Urge and anyone else out there:

DO NOT PURCHASE/..........

what mean this word .... pur-chase ?

jmarts
02-21-2006, 03:59 PM
what mean this word .... pur-chase ?

^_^ my sentiments exactly

ADOM
03-15-2006, 10:55 PM
to purchase or not aside, I'm an Adobe guy. Vegas seems easy enough to use too. Premiere has a learning curve to do more complicated stuff, but if you get one of the older versions, like 6.0, cuts are a snap and putting things in order is easy, Everything is where it should be. It's really just a matter of learning ALL it can do. 20 minutes of poking around and you'll be able to put a video together though, if you've done any editing at all.

urgeok
03-16-2006, 06:12 AM
cool thanks ..

now all i need is 20 free minutes :D

The STE
03-16-2006, 09:31 AM
i'm downloading Ulead DVD workshop right now .. but it's a blind download - i dont know what the hell it does ...

DVD Workshop's great. It's not video editing, but you can make a pretty professional looking DVD (transitions between menus, easter eggs, the works) if you know what to do.

If you want free and you're on Windows XP then just use Windows Movie Maker

alkytrio666
03-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by The STE
DVD Workshop's great. It's not video editing, but you can make a pretty professional looking DVD (transitions between menus, easter eggs, the works) if you know what to do.

If you want free and you're on Windows XP then just use Windows Movie Maker

You've got something there.

All things considered, Windows Movie Maker is not a bad software, especially considering it's free.

Decent enough transitions, and VERY SIMPLE to use.

PR3SSUR3
04-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Pinnacle Liquid Edition is very user friendly.

Expensive, though - so get a copy.

:)