PDA

View Full Version : Amittyville director to make Priest

phantomstranger
01-25-2006, 01:44 AM
Andrew Douglas Helming Priest
Source: Variety
January 25, 2006

The Amityville Horror helmer Andrew Douglas will next direct Screen Gems' horror film Priest, which is being produced by Mike De Luca, Sam Raimi and Josh Donen. Variety says production is scheduled to start this summer.

Scripted by Cory Goodman, the movie is based on Tokyopop's graphic novel created by Min-Woo Hyung.

The story is a vampire Western that concerns a warrior priest who disobeys church law by teaming with a young sheriff and a priestess to track down a band of renegade vampires who have kidnapped his niece.

Producing with De Luca, Raimi and Donen is Mitchell Peck.

Zero
01-25-2006, 12:40 PM
i thought this was going to be the life story of Rob Halford from Judas Priest?!?!?

trx1
01-25-2006, 12:54 PM
I thought this was going to be the life story of Rob Halford from Judas Priest?!?!?

nope, that was already done "ROCK STAR"...

Zero
01-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by trx1
I thought this was going to be the life story of Rob Halford from Judas Priest?!?!?

oh my god - that movie was AWFULLLLLLLL - thanks for reminding me, i think i just threw up a little

Angra
01-26-2006, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by trx1

LMAO

Halford must have been more than satisfied to see Mark Wahlberg in the lead role then. :D

alkytrio666
01-26-2006, 10:30 AM
If Raimi is involved, I'm pumped.

Doc Faustus
01-26-2006, 10:09 PM
Priest is good stuff. I can't imagine cramming it into one film though. What a headache.