PDA

View Full Version : What Movie Is Due For A Remake????

Hannibelle
12-12-2003, 10:45 PM
What Movies Are Great But Would Be Even Better With All Of The New Effects????

HappyCamper
12-12-2003, 10:56 PM
I know that most of you who saw the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre probably saw the trailer for the remake of George A. Romero's 'Dawn of the Dead'. It'll probably suck, but i'll see it anyway. As far as films that deserve a remake...hmmm...maybe someone will make a remake of "Maniac Cop".

Hannibelle
12-12-2003, 11:55 PM
cool idea

Hannibelle
12-13-2003, 09:41 PM
wow no Ideas lol

Aasiyan
12-13-2003, 09:47 PM
I really have no idea. :D It's funny because people will think of a movie that needs changed, and every one will be all like, no way! That movie is better as the original. :)

VampRocker
12-14-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Aasiyan
I really have no idea. :D It's funny because people will think of a movie that needs changed, and every one will be all like, no way! That movie is better as the original. :)

Yeah, totally...these people are animals!

The new Dawn of the Dead will most likely suck for the diehards, but for those new to the zombie genre will get a kick out of it.

Yeah, I have no ideas on what movie should be remade...whatever...

nightbreed
12-14-2003, 02:06 AM
heres a concept why the fuck doesnt hollywood come up with some new shit and make their own classics. i mean yeah TCM was entertaining but really

fuck a remake.

Arioch
12-14-2003, 02:56 AM
3 words : FUCKING MONSTER SQUAD:D

no seriously the original is classic, i dont know if id like a remake of it. It would be fucking hilarious tho.

HappyCamper
12-14-2003, 04:41 AM
yeah a Monster Squad remake might be cool. Maybe even use the original cast...like it's 20 years later...more monster, more violence...a real horror film, rather than just a scary kids comedy

rockinmule
12-14-2003, 05:58 PM
"The Fog" could benefit from some of the advancements in the visual department, as long as they keep the atmosphere of the original.

Aasiyan
12-15-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by rockinmule
"The Fog" could benefit from some of the advancements in the visual department, as long as they keep the atmosphere of the original.

That just might be pretty interesting. :p

Aylmer
12-15-2003, 11:34 AM
THINK THEY REDO THE 3RD HALLOWEEN AND MAKE IT NOT SUCK?

Aasiyan
12-15-2003, 11:49 AM
I'm sure they would try. (Try is key word here.):D :D

Digital Murders
12-15-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Aylmer
THINK THEY REDO THE 3RD HALLOWEEN AND MAKE IT NOT SUCK?

I hear that.

avenger00soul
12-16-2003, 07:53 AM
I think Alice Sweet Alice would be a killer update.

Je Suis Phnomne
12-16-2003, 05:58 PM
Trick or Treat

Scanners

C.H.U.D

Prince of Darkness *hmmm I think its the title, old flick with alice cooper in it*

will think of some more........

Or perhaps make a new one with a serial killer that recreates morbid versions of Nursery Rhymes, maybe call it that, some abused soul, that plots revenge on those that have wronged him... Goldilocks *that bitchy cheerleader* gets hers, Little Red Riding Hood, *the tease with the basket of treats, gets tricked* most likely will suck, but should make for a decent USA up all night movie when ya bored.

Je Suis Phnomne
12-16-2003, 06:09 PM
After seeing the members name I also would like to see

Nightbreed remade. loved the concept of the movie, and for its time it was a good flick, just could have had a bit more horror in it.

avenger00soul
12-16-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Je Suis Phnomne
Trick or Treat

Scanners

C.H.U.D

Prince of Darkness *hmmm I think its the title, old flick with alice cooper in it*

I agree with most of your choices, but leave Scanners alone!! I did hear they were already remaking it though.:mad:

Aasiyan
12-17-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
I think Alice Sweet Alice would be a killer update.

You have a point there.....:)

sniktawt
12-20-2003, 12:18 AM
Deadly Friend would be great updated.
Have it stick more to the book, though.

moonsorrow
12-20-2003, 05:36 AM
it was allredy done in the 60s if im not wrong here, but good ol nosferatu diserves one. id want the same basic plot, the same feeling, violins when stuff happens but better effects and all.
most importantley christopher lee should have some part to play in it.

avenger00soul
12-20-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by sniktawt
Deadly Friend would be great updated.
Have it stick more to the book, though.

As long as they keep the basketball scene.:D

Lycanthe
12-24-2003, 06:38 AM
I hope that when you talk about remaking a movie you're talking mainly about updating the effects, cinematography, etc, and not rewriting the doggone story!
If they change the story, it's not a remake, it's a plagary!
I thought "The Entity" was a good movie, but it was weak in the areas of effects and some of the camera work, not to mention much of the acting. Also, some of the old Frankenstein movies, with modern technology, and as long as they don't toss in 20 minutes of gratuitous, hokey sex scenes, just might work, if they stick to the story.
However, one I'd really like to see was an old, obscure movie I only saw once. It was a ghost-type story, that I think was called "The Uninvited". Probably came out in the sixties. All I remember was that it gave me the creeps when I saw it. I think it was something about a woman named Mary who either fell or jumped off a cliff into the ocean, and came back to haunt this house or something like that.

HappyCamper
12-24-2003, 06:50 AM
i think someone should do a remake of the "Omen" trilogy. i saw the first one when i was younger, and absolutely loved it, and watched all three awhile back, still think there great. I don't know who you would get to play Damien though..any suggestions?

Lycanthe
12-24-2003, 07:44 AM
Young Damien could be played by David Dorfman (the kid from 'The Ring") He's a pretty good little actor and he looks creepy anyway.

Teen Damien could probably be played by Kerr Smith (Evan in "Final Destination") He'd probably have to play a little younger, so he might not work.

Adult Damien should be played by Jeff Goldblum. He is very versatile, and I think he could get those large eyes to look very evil if he wanted to.

HappyCamper
12-24-2003, 08:16 AM
i agree with you, about using the kid from 'the Ring' to play Damien in the first 'Omen' remake. Not so sure about Kerr Smith or Jeff Goldblum though. I still think a remake of these films would be good though. Maybe Johanthan Scott Taylor from 'Damien: Omen II' could even make a cameo.

Lycanthe
12-25-2003, 10:46 AM
Yeah, maybe Taylor could play the adult Damien. I also have to admit that Kerr Smith might not work,. I can't think of who might, though.