PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill preview

Soloman Kane
01-20-2006, 10:32 AM
http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1401398&sdm=web&qtw=640&qth=400
Thoughts & opinions on this one? What do you think.. :D

ItsAlive75
01-20-2006, 10:46 AM
This is going to be the video game film upon which all other video game films will be judged.

GAAAA! It's even got the music from the game!!! AWESOME!

midge05
01-20-2006, 11:23 AM
WoW! I cant wait for this, it'll probably be an 18 though, damn i hate bieng 16!

Looks true to the game and quite creepy, should be a good one, lets hope it doesnt go in the same direction resident evil did........

mothermold
01-20-2006, 05:57 PM
this looks like top shelf material right here!!if they magnage to capture the mood and essence(and it looks like they have)of the game then it should fantastic!:cool:

scouse mac
01-21-2006, 01:59 AM
Looks good but so far always been disappointed by game adaptation films, hopefully this will buck the trend.

RavageRitual
01-21-2006, 05:40 AM
This looks good. But seriously. Ive never played the game so I dont know what to expect

Soloman Kane
01-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Glad you asked heres a little film that compares both the movie & the video game. Note to all future video game movie directors. Pay close attention. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg_HrO0eXs0
Give me your impressions & opinions of this.

ItsAlive75
01-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Seriously, its amazing how much thought and detail was put into this flick. Amazing.

...by the way, just got to see it on the big screen during the previews for Underworld. I can't wait.

H3LPME
01-23-2006, 05:58 AM
This had better be an 18. Anything else would be a cop-out

Zero
01-23-2006, 08:26 AM
i liked it (loved the video game) UP to the point where it showed all the deformed demon thingies - that just looked cheezy - kind of In the Mouth of Madness//Night Creatures kind of rubbery silliness. but there's always hope

AUSTIN316426808
01-24-2006, 05:09 AM
Looks like it's going to be a good one,which is more than you can say for recent video game movies and upcoming ones for that matter.(Bloodrayne for example)

Soloman Kane
01-24-2006, 07:26 AM
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/silenthill/
I realize that it's too early for the studio to really start hyping the movie but there isn't alot of content here.. ? Do these people know that fans are really looking forward to this?

mothermold
01-24-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Soloman Kane
Glad you asked heres a little film that compares both the movie & the video game. Note to all future video game movie directors. Pay close attention. Give me your impressions & opinions of this.

it's refreshing to see they've researched and stuck to the material.it's looking good......and i just realized the director is the same guy that did "brotherhood of the wolf" which i thought was a good film.

noctuary
01-25-2006, 09:30 AM
I'm so excited about this movie. I was expecting the visuals to be extremely toned down in order to get a PG-13 rating (which may still happen, to be fair) but it looks like they've done it up right. I can only hope so.

Soloman Kane
01-26-2006, 10:44 AM
More goodies for those of us that are Silent Hill Fans http://media.psp.ign.com/media/801/801059/vid_1384426.html
So let the swag machine roll :p

Soloman Kane
04-09-2006, 07:28 PM
http://media.putfile.com/On-The-Set-Of-Silent-Hill
Enjoy & then post your comments :D

ItsAlive75
04-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Soloman Kane
http://media.putfile.com/On-The-Set-Of-Silent-Hill
Enjoy & then post your comments :D

Saw it yesterday, it makes me so much more excited to see... I like the artistry that was put into the shot with Sean Bean walking past the same building his wife is running by, but both in different worlds.

swiftdeath
04-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Okay, all I can say is that this movie better be good! I have played all four of the games and if they mess this up I will be extremely agravated! :mad:

blu_rhonda
04-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Looks like a lot of you have pretty positive expectation about SH, but I don't know. Lot's of these game-to-screen movies unusually have really good production values, but lots of times, that's all they have.

Even with that said, I still have hope.

Btw, I don't know if they're running them in every part of the country, but has anyone else noticed this new trend of showing on TV commercials for movies that are as long as the trailer you'd see in a theater. I mention this because SH is the latest one I've seen like this.

Personally, I dig it.

PR3SSUR3
04-12-2006, 08:30 PM
I don't trust you.

You can't just post this... you must be after something.

Svine! - admit it!

:mad:

don't leave us.....

:(

Posher778
04-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by PR3SSUR3
I don't trust you.

You can't just post this... you must be after something.

Svine! - admit it!

:mad:

don't leave us.....

:(

Damnit make up your mind whose side your on!

KirstenPerrin
04-13-2006, 01:26 AM
I hope its good also!

PR3SSUR3
04-13-2006, 06:25 AM
Damnit make up your mind whose side your on!

Everybody's.

:D

VampiricClown
04-16-2006, 11:20 AM
I want to see this. I just hope it isn't another game-to-movie flop. :(

ItsAlive75
04-16-2006, 11:34 AM
No matter what anyone says, I'm going in with crazy expectations... which could be why I'm going to get disappointed.

Haunted
04-16-2006, 03:32 PM
I really really wish they'd remove that tag from this site. I'm not looking at the trailers or nuthin.' I want to be totally surprised. I am more excited about this movie than a rich kid at Christmas. It had better be good too. I'll accept good. Absolutely kick-ass fantastic would be my greatest wish, but good will suffice.

It helps that Sean Bean is in it. I am in fucking love with him and have been since he was that IRA agent in that movie with Harrison Ford. I soooo want him.

Anyway... Silent Hill...

I wish some of us lived closer so we could get a gang together and go see it. That would be really fun.

VampiricClown
04-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Haunted

I wish some of us lived closer so we could get a gang together and go see it. That would be really fun.

I'd go, but I couldn't get in. And besides, who wants a 16 year old teenager hanging with them? lol

BloodRedFlower
04-17-2006, 08:40 AM
I agree with Haunted, I just want to be surprised by this movie, so I stopped watching the "making of" after a few minutes.

So far we were shown that they made a good job on creating the game's basic features on the movie (like the set and monsters) so I can tell it won't be a total waste of time like Alone in the Dark (I get angry just by thinking about that movieeeeeeeeee!)

Anyways, what is still missing is the most essencial part: the way they tell the story. If they film it the wrong way, the movie is ruined, if the actors aren't believable, the movie's ruined, if the storyline doesn't go along with the game's, ruined.

So... everything's still at stake, they BETTER not screw it up and remember that many of us who will see the movie have played the game and loved it.

Jacob Singer
04-18-2006, 01:51 PM
I have to say only two things:

First as a big fan of this videogame saga I hope that the film became as good as it looks

Second I hate this world, the film will be on theaters in the US this 21 but in Spain it would be (with luck) in june...I wish I was born in the US:mad:

hellfire1
04-18-2006, 06:32 PM
or in france. it's out here next week. :)

i played all four games and loved them. this sooo better be good.

Jacob Singer
04-18-2006, 11:19 PM
you...you...you...are so lucky:(

joshaube
04-20-2006, 01:31 PM
Ahahaha, those in Canada... it's rated 18A. I am so freaking pumped to see this. Mother is taking me and a friend tomorrow. <3 Ohhh yes. Yep yep yep. Being 16 is fine.

BloodRedFlower
04-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by joshaube
Ahahaha, those in Canada... it's rated 18A. I am so freaking pumped to see this. Mother is taking me and a friend tomorrow. <3 Ohhh yes. Yep yep yep. Being 16 is fine.

Your mom is cool. :D Hey, at least you don' t have to wait months to watch the movie. I'm 22 and I still have to wait baaah!

CharmedOne
04-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Just came back from the 12:01 am showing of silent hill. It was creepy, a little strange, and had a lot of gore. Definitely worth the money to go see it in theaters. People being ripped apart by barbed wire & burned alive, are just 2 of the tactics used. I will say the movie was put together pretty good. Even had a good history in the movie (of the story line, not the actually town in PA). But the ending was left open like most movies made lately. But that just probably means a sequal.
The only thing is if your going to put a town and county in a state. Its better when they are actually there. There town was put in place of Braxton Co. WV. But I won't hold that against it. I guess if its a coal town its almost always in WV or PA. It was Good though. Probably 4 out of 5 stars.
It was actually based on a story from a town called Centralia in PA. In 1962 a fire was started in a mine and it is still burning today. To find out more go to www.offroaders.com and look it up. Or just go to the Silent hill site and there should be a link.

BloodRedFlower
04-21-2006, 03:49 AM
To those who already saw the movie and want to criticise, don't forget to let us know when a SPOILER is on the way...

Please.

Abominus
04-21-2006, 06:36 AM
If I can coerce someone to go I'll go see it tonight.

urgeok
04-21-2006, 06:39 AM
i heard a very favorable review of this one ..
supposedly pretty gory for a mainstream release ..

CharmedOne
04-21-2006, 10:19 AM
I didn't criticize the movie. I said it WAS worth seeing. And I didn't spoil anything. If you read the actual story listed on this web site from the people who seen some of the filming.. they are the ones who gave the whole story line and everything that happens in the movie. Or go to the Silent Hill website and you will find over half the info I gave.

BloodRedFlower
04-21-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by CharmedOne
I didn't criticize the movie. I said it WAS worth seeing. And I didn't spoil anything. If you read the actual story listed on this web site from the people who seen some of the filming.. they are the ones who gave the whole story line and everything that happens in the movie. Or go to the Silent Hill website and you will find over half the info I gave.

Have you ever heard of POSITIVE criticism? That's what you did. I was talking about all sorts of critique.

And secondly, I don't go to those sites because I don't want to know too much about the movie and ruin the surprise.

Thirdly, you gave away details that I don't think could have been on any website, like the way characters die in the movie. And that, my dear, IS a spoiler.

CharmedOne
04-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Actualy like I said ... This website you are on right now tells how some of the characters are killed. Don't read the critiques if you don't want to know information... Who said that the tactics killed them? I just said they were used. So think of it as you will... but whatever the vision you will see. It will be different at the movies.. dead or alive.. So wine a lil bit to someone else.

noctuary
04-22-2006, 07:13 AM
It got horrible reviews on Rotten Tomatoes... But then again, mainstream critics rarely know what the hell they're talking about when it comes to horror. I'm going on my birthday next week! I can't wait!

Dante'sInferno
04-22-2006, 07:51 AM
This movie kicked so much ass its unbelieveable.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was cool when the right hand of satan lifter that girl up and ripped her clothes off then RIPPED HER FUCKING SKIN OFF!!

And the barbed wire bit at the end kicked so much fucking ass....

joshaube
04-22-2006, 08:08 AM
Right Hand of Satan? I like that.
Hehe, good ol' Pyramid Head.

If you noticed, the nudity was CGI. Suprisingly enough, the actor who plays Anna ALSO plays Pyramid Head.

---

Overall, great movie, but could have been SO much better. If it was recut and reorganized. :)

Critics hate it because of this. They can't understand it because they have never played the games - and even then, it is hard to follow froma fresh-standpoint. Recutting it as stated I stated in the "last movie seen" thread would have, IMO, made it far better.

Thorns_demon
05-04-2006, 08:11 AM
I saw the movie just a few days ago, but I still can't figure out one thing, all those people in that ghost town were allready dead I knew that but when did the mother and the child die? when there car crashed? well it wasn't really a crash, but when they got out of the car at least the mother, she was allready dead otherwise her husband would be in the same world as she if she wasn't dead, very very weird, but i loved how everything burned out or whatever when the alarm sounded. And goddamn watching it on big screen with loud noise, everyone thought the alarm was real at first, I mean not from the movie, I thought my ears would explode. I didn't had the same wow feeling from when I saw final destination 3 tho.

urgeok
05-05-2006, 07:19 AM
this really isnt the kind of movie you have to understand ..
it's a visually engaging film ...

i was just digging the look and feel of the film .. wasnt looking for any kind of closure..