PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Azagthoth
01-19-2006, 01:37 PM
Hi there. I'm Brian, and I've been a horror fan since I was quite small. I'm 33 now, and still can't get enough.

In real life, I am a newspaper reporter, in a long-term relationship with the girl o' my dreams, and Mostly Harmless.

I'm a big fan of classic ghost stories. Anyone who has good ghost films to share should most certainly give me a heads-up on their favorites.

I do enjoy a wider variety of cinematic terror fare, but one thing that I demand from a horror film no matter what the subgenre is that it in some way be intellectually, as well as viscerally, satisfying.

Don't get me wrong -- sometimes it's fun to watch bad horror, simply because it's bad. Heck, it's sometimes great to watch bad horror just to howl at it. But the films that stick with me have a high IQ as well as cheap thrills.

Literature-wise, I love classic-styled ghost stories (M.R. James, anyone?), Lovecraftian tales of cosmic terror and the occasional vampire story, although I've become less enamored of the last since Anne Rice made them quite so popular.

I'm not a fan of gore for gore's sake, but don't mind it if it serves the story. Story is paramount, gore is secondary.

And with that, I bid you all a hearty hello and look forward to chatting about some of my most favorite, and frightful, things.

Brian

mothermold
01-19-2006, 01:56 PM
your not going to make two identical threads everytime you post are you?

and welcome.

Azagthoth
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
I think I hit my back button, which caused that to happen.

No, I promise to stick to one thread from now on. My apologies.

mothermold
01-19-2006, 02:09 PM
fuggit about it.:)

it not the first time it's happened.

ItsAlive75
01-19-2006, 02:13 PM
Yeah it is. Its the first. This guy's a freak. Let's burn him.

Angelakillsluts
01-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Azagthoth
Hi there. I'm Brian, and I've been a horror fan since I was quite small. I'm 33 now, and still can't get enough.

In real life, I am a newspaper reporter, in a long-term relationship with the girl o' my dreams, and Mostly Harmless.

I'm a big fan of classic ghost stories. Anyone who has good ghost films to share should most certainly give me a heads-up on their favorites.

I do enjoy a wider variety of cinematic terror fare, but one thing that I demand from a horror film no matter what the subgenre is that it in some way be intellectually, as well as viscerally, satisfying.

Don't get me wrong -- sometimes it's fun to watch bad horror, simply because it's bad. Heck, it's sometimes great to watch bad horror just to howl at it. But the films that stick with me have a high IQ as well as cheap thrills.

Literature-wise, I love classic-styled ghost stories (M.R. James, anyone?), Lovecraftian tales of cosmic terror and the occasional vampire story, although I've become less enamored of the last since Anne Rice made them quite so popular.

I'm not a fan of gore for gore's sake, but don't mind it if it serves the story. Story is paramount, gore is secondary.

And with that, I bid you all a hearty hello and look forward to chatting about some of my most favorite, and frightful, things.

Brian

Welcome to HDC :)

novakru
01-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Hiya
love your nick
welcome

Your a bit too interesting to stay though:D

Azagthoth
01-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Yeah it is. Its the first. This guy's a freak. Let's burn him.

In truth, it would not be the first time such accusations -- and such penalties -- have been suggested against me. :D

Soloman Kane
01-19-2006, 02:37 PM
That which is dead may eternal lie & now get to see if Azagoth.. Well welcome to Horror dot com.. We have eternity to know your flesh.. :D

scouse mac
01-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Hello and welcome

ItsAlive75
01-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Azagthoth
In truth, it would not be the first time such accusations -- and such penalties -- have been suggested against me. :D

So that means you're a burn victim?:D

zomb5150
01-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Welcome

Angra
01-20-2006, 02:50 AM
I like him already.

HAIL SATAN!!!

tachii
01-20-2006, 10:48 AM
welcome and happy hauntings

Zero