PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk Jeepers Creepers!

Leslie Daher
12-12-2003, 08:38 AM
Okay, i'm sure most of us here have seen the movie and at first i was into it...for starters, ZERO STORYLINE! IMO no explaination for anything! every 23rd spring of every 23rd blah blah blah-WHATEVER! let's just cut to the chase, the creator of the movie wanted to make a monster movie and jeepers creepers is his big contribution to the world of horror. by the end of the movie it had turned in an episode of the X-files. we were made to fall in love w/ the main character and he was killed off (UGH!) and the snotty sister LIVES?! what gives?! there's a formula and it's there for a reason- IT WORKS! there was so much that made NO sense to me and yet there were some nice images and it had potential..why did it go in the direction it did? the psychic lady was USELESS and POINTLESS! the creator thought the "story" would just sell itself only there was one little problem, THERE WAS NO STORY! bad special effects, too! overall, could've been waaaay better!

avenger00soul
12-12-2003, 08:48 AM
I loved it...even if the Creeper is a homosexual demon. I loved everything about this film. It was so refreshing for there NOT to be a love story lurking somewhere in the movie. I'm glad they made the main characters brother and sister and left the love interest thing at the door.

I'd just like to point out that I've enjoyed all of Victor Salva's films. I think he will become a bigger name in the genre as the years go on.

freddy13
12-12-2003, 08:50 AM
jeeper creepers is the most stupid movie i have ever seen.i hate that stupid movie

AUSTIN316426808
12-12-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by freddy13
jeeper creepers is the most stupid movie i have ever seen.i hate that stupid movie

YOU JUST GET STR8 TO THE POINT DON'T YOU.

ANYWAY I LIKED IT BUT STILL AGREE WITH LESLIE NOT TOTALLY BUT FOR THE MOST PART. AND I ALSO AGREE WITH AVENGER A BIT TOO CAUSE I HATE THAT INBEDDED LOVE STORY CRAP. IT'S A HORROR MOVIE WHO CARES IF HE LIKES HER KILL 'EM BOTH.

abbycomix
12-12-2003, 10:56 AM
I really liked the first half and thought that part was genuinely scary, after they show Creeper, I thought it went downhill. I did think Justin Long was cute. heh!
I liked that it wasn't formulaic, no love interest and no happy ending. IMO it's a mixed bag, but worth renting.

_Leatha_Face_
12-12-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by freddy13
jeeper creepers is the most stupid movie i have ever seen.i hate that stupid movie nah maybe the end was a little slack but i gotta say that the rest of the movie wasnot badd i enjoyed this one :)

rikki
12-12-2003, 11:33 AM
I've never seen this before. I've heard that Jeepers Creepers has followed the Final Destination suit, though - the second one is supposedly MUCH better than the first.

Any thoughts?

Is it worth getting both of them to watch or just one or the other?

avenger00soul
12-12-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by rikki
I've never seen this before. I've heard that Jeepers Creepers has followed the Final Destination suit, though - the second one is supposedly MUCH better than the first.

Any thoughts?

Is it worth getting both of them to watch or just one or the other?

The sequel is definitely not as good as the original. I would recommend Jeepers Creepers over its sequel.

ShamSham04
12-12-2003, 03:17 PM
The first 45 minutes were freaking great. I seriously had never been so scared in a theater before....

....Then it comes down to the fact that the killer turned out to be a demon. This was the biggest let-down. Now the creeper is an interesting character, but this movie would probably be my favorite movie right now if they had stuck to the human qualities; if the killer was a human being. The more realistic, the scarier.

The movie was great overall, but if they had made the last 45 minutes similar to the 45 minutes before it, this would be the perfect horror movie.

I'd give this flick an 8 Out Of 10. :)

meetthecreeper
12-12-2003, 05:35 PM
I am with Sham Sham on this one, the first part of the movie was fuking freaky, when the demon throws those bodies down the pipe and then he turns to see them drive away, I thought this movie is going to get really scary that dude was frightening for sure. Then she runs him over w/ the car and it turns out hes got wings and stuff, it was like an instant letdown. I was like what the Hell is going on here. Still is pretty good though. No blah love interests to sift thru.

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
12-14-2003, 12:28 AM
It had some nice scenes..not a total waste but I wouldnt make it one of my top ten movies.

Arioch
12-14-2003, 03:16 AM
i was REALLY hoping i could avoid this one but FINE! with all the somewhat positive reviews the first 45mins got lol i guess its worth the DOWNLOAD huh? so alright, ill bite. Ill download it and see what you guys are talkin about. Hell its a fucking horror movie, its gotta be entertaining at the very least right??

Malicious_Mirth
12-14-2003, 03:28 AM
man this movie really really bummed me out......

i saw it and at first it was kinda coool.......there was a big truck chasin them and shit thats kinda crazy......but then they go and make the main bad guy a demon....WTF!!!!!!!

been done to death and completely BORING>>>>:mad: :mad:

anyway the only good thing i have to say about the movie was the ending.... spoiler!!

when the main character gets it that was kinda cool he was a chode anyway LMAO