PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly Effect 2

newb
01-13-2006, 07:14 PM
I personally love "time shift", "time travel", movies.....and i didn't think the first one was so bad.Not sure on the cast......why do they always go for these TV people.

http://www.horrorchannel.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4023

mothermold
01-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by newb
I personally love "time shift", "time travel", movies.....and i didn't think the first one was so bad.Not sure on the cast......why do they always go for these TV people.

http://www.horrorchannel.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4023

i bet your a big "Final Countdown" fan(i love it myself). as much as i wanted to dislike the butterfly effect(ashton kutcher) i must admit it was pretty entertaining.

the sequel though....direct-to-video.more often than not those prove to be damning words.

Y2DAZZ
01-14-2006, 02:45 AM
Directed by the guy that directed Mortal Kombat 2, no wonder why its going straight to dvd MK2 sucked balls.

newb
01-14-2006, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by mothermold
i bet your a big "Final Countdown" fan(i love it myself).

You got that right. The Philadelphia Experiment was another good one.

urgeok
01-14-2006, 06:17 AM
i picked up a Final Countdown Blue Underground double disc a while back..

before it was released the laserdisc was selling on ebay for well over $100 ... it has a lot of fans ..

Zero
01-14-2006, 07:27 AM
i find that most timetravel movies end up violating basic notions of time and space - - but Dr. Who is may favorite!!

slasherman
01-14-2006, 07:45 AM
..I liked the first one but this looks bad

The_Return
01-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Zero
i find that most timetravel movies end up violating basic notions of time and space - - but Dr. Who is may favorite!!

Dr Who is hit and miss IMO. Ive seen Episodes with 2 Doctors...one was great, and the other was just plain boring. Ive seen a couple William Hartnell episodes, and the recent series with Chris Eccleston(sp?). The only thing that the William Hartnell episodes had going for them were the Daleks, otherwise it had characters the you couldnt care less about and pretty straight-forward Doctor. The Eccleston series was much better IMO, mostly because of Eccleston himself. The other characters werent really much better than the old series, however this Doctor had such a great attitude. The plots still had the good ol' cheese and charm of the old one, however somewhat better executed.

Back on topic:

I'll rent it when it comes out, but Im not looking forward to it too much. The first was just OK, nothing special IMO. Kutcher wasnt very good at all....

mothermold
01-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by newb
You got that right. The Philadelphia Experiment was another good one.

indeed.

zwoti
01-14-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
Dr Who is hit and miss IMO. Ive seen Episodes with 2 Doctors...one was great, and the other was just plain boring. Ive seen a couple William Hartnell episodes, and the recent series with Chris Eccleston(sp?). The only thing that the William Hartnell episodes had going for them were the Daleks, otherwise it had characters the you couldnt care less about and pretty straight-forward Doctor. The Eccleston series was much better IMO, mostly because of Eccleston himself. The other characters werent really much better than the old series, however this Doctor had such a great attitude. The plots still had the good ol' cheese and charm of the old one, however somewhat better executed.

tom baker and jon pertwee were the best

urgeok
01-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by zwoti
tom baker and jon pertwee were the best

never liked baker as much as Pertwee..

Pertwee was my first Dr. .... it's like Bond .. you always like the first one you saw best ..

The_Return
01-14-2006, 07:11 PM
Ill need to track down the DVDs with those two. My only problem is those BBC releases are so damn expensive...I lucked out and found the William Hartnell one at the library, but thats the only one they had.

zwoti
01-15-2006, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
never liked baker as much as Pertwee..

Pertwee was my first Dr. .... it's like Bond .. you always like the first one you saw best ..

yep, also enjoyed peter cushing in the movies :o

KF100
01-17-2006, 02:50 PM
I liked the first one alot.So the second might be ok.I don't see what the story would be though.Maybe the guy's son or something.

SodaGirl
01-22-2006, 01:10 AM
I loved the first one... Well, the director's cut. For it's interesting story and clever ending.
I don't care for the theatrical ending though.

A second one doesn't interest me... Sounds like it will fall in the same category as movies like Cruel Intentions 2 & Wild Things 2... Terrible movies that are only connected to the first because they have pretty much the same story just with a lot worse acting.

cheebacheeba
01-22-2006, 01:47 AM
Sounds like it will fall in the same category as movies like Cruel Intentions 2 & Wild Things 2...
Yeah, except for...the first butterfly effect WAS worth watching.

Amalthea
01-22-2006, 03:06 AM
I liked the first one too, but I haven't seen the Director's cut yet.