PDA

View Full Version : the ONE and ONLY hostel thread

Prelude95Si
10-31-2005, 07:33 AM
Did anyone see this trailer with Saw II?

From what I can tell from the trailer it looks like theres a place were people can go to torure, beat, or kill other people. They play it as a fantasy for sick people. It looks good.

Any thoughts?

AmericanManiac
10-31-2005, 10:51 PM
I want to see it i'm a big Tarantino fan, and Eli Roth amazed me in cabin fever. Heres the website for the movie http://www.hostelfilm.com/

Despare
11-03-2005, 06:39 AM
This is a movie I can't wait for and I hope the buzz inceases because I want it to really succeed.

Jason Hodder
11-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Read a lot about this film, saw the trailer, looks great. I can't wait for it to come out. Hopefully LGF can come up with a release date already seeing as they keep moving it.

alkytrio666
11-03-2005, 10:08 AM
Just looked like another "Saw".

Jason Hodder
11-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by alkytrio666

Actually it has nothing to do with Saw. The only thing that can be said MIGHT be simillar is the fact that people are getting tortured. Other then that, the stories have nothing to do with each other. Hostel is about a couple of guys looking for a good time before the go off to school. They hear about a hostel where women will do anything they want but they end up at this place where people are getting tortured. There is more to it, but that's the basic idea.

kung-fu-jesus
11-03-2005, 12:16 PM
hostile is suposed to be based on actual events, if you think about that its pretty fucked up.

Prelude95Si
11-03-2005, 01:42 PM

After the trailer I thought that it had a Saw like feeling to it.

alkytrio666
11-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Jason Hodder
Actually it has nothing to do with Saw. The only thing that can be said MIGHT be simillar is the fact that people are getting tortured. Other then that, the stories have nothing to do with each other. Hostel is about a couple of guys looking for a good time before the go off to school. They hear about a hostel where women will do anything they want but they end up at this place where people are getting tortured. There is more to it, but that's the basic idea.

Well no shit. I know it doesn't have any relation to Saw, but it looks like an almost identical theme.

ItsAlive75
11-04-2005, 07:42 AM
The trailer had the dark, chromatic color tones just like Saw, and it probably will have the unapologetic stance on gore (even though there wasn't enough in the Saw films).

alkytrio666
11-04-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
The trailer had the dark, chromatic color tones just like Saw, and it probably will have the unapologetic stance on gore (even though there wasn't enough in the Saw films).

THATS what I was trying to say...

pinkfloyd45769
11-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Yea, the trailer does remind me of saw. It still may be a good movie, who knows?:rolleyes: Alky, hows your website? I lost the address. Sorry to hijack the thread;)

AmericanManiac
11-05-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Jason Hodder

Also its from LGF :p thats another thing that and saw has in common :p

alkytrio666
11-05-2005, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by pinkfloyd45769
Yea, the trailer does remind me of saw. It still may be a good movie, who knows?:rolleyes: Alky, hows your website? I lost the address. Sorry to hijack the thread;)

Well, my friend had to go to a kind of rehab camp type thing, so we haven't updated in forever...

But I'm gonna get it going again so I'll send you the link when I do, I promise.

Thanks for asking.:)

pinkfloyd45769
11-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Okay, thanks! Sorry to hear about your friend:(

slasherman
11-05-2005, 07:08 PM
...from the people who brought you "Cabin Fever"....is that positiv ? .....

alkytrio666
11-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by pinkfloyd45769
Okay, thanks! Sorry to hear about your friend:(

Yah, thanks. He was real bummed for missing Halloween and stuff and I can't contact him, but he should be back real soon.

Thanks for the concern, I really appreciate it.

pinkfloyd45769
11-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Anytime:)

The_Return
11-12-2005, 07:39 PM
How true are these "true events" it advertises? "True", as in the way Texas Chainsaw Massacre was true? Or "true" as in most of it actually happened?

To be honest, it looked way too much for me. I sure wont be seeing it anytime soon, I just wonder about "true story" horror flicks.

Despare
11-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Looks good and would even if Quinton wasn't attached. After I see it I'll check out the "real events", I don't want any accidental spoilers though so I won't look yet. Although I think this will be good Quinton's other movie (he's actually directing this one and not just a tacked on name) Grindhouse looks like a blast.

hellfire1
11-15-2005, 09:18 AM
apparently eli roth found something of the sort on the internet : people actually paying to off someone themselves( i think it was a japanese site ), except that the victims are consenting and their friends or family receive an amount of money for this. pretty sick shit. that's where the idea for the movie came from.

and i so definitely do want to see this, sick person that i am.

barbra
11-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Im looking forward to it, its like eurotrip from hell or something.

Im not sure what you kids are so scared of anyways. Eli Roth is directing this film, with help mind you, not James Wan or Darren Lynn Bousman. and dark colors in horror movies are pretty common place

Creighton Duke
12-04-2005, 02:53 PM
you gotta check out the trailer for Hostel - Eli Roth. It looks great and is getting cracking reviews.

Yellow Jacket
12-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Shouldn't this be in the upcoming horror movies section?

alkytrio666
12-05-2005, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket

...yah, with the other Hostel threads...

:rolleyes:

zwoti
12-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket

...yah, with the other Hostel threads...

:rolleyes:

feel the power :p

The Mothman
12-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Anyone else excited for this? the ads look awesome.

alkytrio666
12-18-2005, 09:35 AM
Yah, it does look good. Saw, but grizzlier.

RavageRitual
12-18-2005, 11:17 AM
This movie is gona be so awesome, I even Heard that Takashi Miike has a part in this film, Anyone know if thats true?

The_Return
12-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by RavageRitual
This movie is gona be so awesome, I even Heard that Takashi Miike has a part in this film, Anyone know if thats true?

He's listed as being in it on IMDb...doesnt say what though.

RavageRitual
12-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
He's listed as being in it on IMDb...doesnt say what though.

Awesome!!!!

Posher778
12-18-2005, 06:58 PM
in hostel, does anyone no exactly how they torture the people... it looks like someones being stabbed in there foot and stuff on the pop up ad. but... can anyone explain. in other movies what did they do to ppl?

RavageRitual
12-18-2005, 07:19 PM
ARROWINTHEHEAD.COM says...

I’m gonna hold back here in terms of the details where I don’t want to give too much away. Lets just say that: a severed head, a bloody headshot, mucho human limbs, a open chest mess, nasty scalpel cuts and an eye ball “thing” that had me laughing out loud at how gross it was were on the menu. Bon Appetite! KNB comes through again!

The Mothman
12-18-2005, 08:26 PM
I like how they put that picture of the pliers around the swollen finger, it really gives you a good idea of how fucked up its gonna be.

Posher778
12-19-2005, 06:03 AM
ok i'll make sure NOT to eat at that movie.. thanks though!

MisterSadistro
12-19-2005, 06:29 AM
in hostel, does anyone no exactly how they torture the people...
Yes. You're charged $8.50 to be locked in a room for an hour and a half to watch an Eli Roth movie :D
CK

she_died
12-19-2005, 06:35 AM
I ahte to go against the grain here, but I thought Cabin Fever was an alright time. With the pancakes and all.

noctuary
12-19-2005, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by she_died
I ahte to go against the grain here, but I thought Cabin Fever was an alright time. With the pancakes and all.
You're not alone. I too thought Cabin Fever was a pretty decent movie. Not anything classic, but it was at least fun and entertaining. I can't wait to see Hostel, and from all the previews I've seen, it looks like it will easily top Cabin Fever.

Zero
12-19-2005, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by MisterSadistro
Yes. You're charged $8.50 to be locked in a room for an hour and a half to watch an Eli Roth movie :D
CK

LMAO - yeah and hte popcorn is too salty - AAARRRGGGHHHHH

:eek:

zwoti
12-19-2005, 10:44 AM
*could have sworn i merged all the hostel threads into one.......

......oh wait i did :mad:

Zero
12-19-2005, 10:56 AM
its like a hydra - every thread you cut off becomes two more . . . lol

scottingraham
12-20-2005, 05:29 PM
Cant wait to see this movie it looks very grisly and thats always good!:D

Prelude95Si
12-23-2005, 05:42 PM
The trailer that is out now warns people that at preview showings Paramedics were called b/c I guess this movie is preety distrubing. Anybody hear about that, I know that some movies can effect some people. The Passion of the Christ for example, a lady in Wichita, KS. saw it openning day and she had a heart attack during the movie and died (I think she passed away when the Paramedics got there or at the hospital).

Sick_As_Fuck
12-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Wow. Paramedics huh? I can't fuckin' wait to see this.

BH14
01-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Hostel comes out today and I want to see it. Is this movie worth it? What did you think of Hostel without spoiling it?? The couple reviews that I read from moviegoers were "disappointed".

AmericanManiac
01-06-2006, 06:56 PM
I was wondering if anyone went to see this movie today? I'm going sunday to see it and wanted to get your opinons. Is it really a GORE fest? Did you have to be taken out of the theater, like the commerical said had happened at previous screenings ?

RavageRitual
01-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Just got back from it. And first of all, I thought this movie was absolutly amazing. Best way to start off Horror 2006. What a fuckin BANG! Gorey, but not a gore fest! Alot bloodier than other movies though. Millions of boobies though. I only counted 2 couples (4 People ) walk out of the theatre that didnt come back in. I wont spoil it, but you must see this. AMAZING!

Posher778
01-06-2006, 09:17 PM
spoil it for me in a pm... theres no way in hell my parents will let me see that.

joshaube
01-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Our theatre is NOT SHOWING IT. I am so pissed. We don't get ANYTHING DECENT horror-wise. No High tension, no Hostel... >_> I don't believe that many people will leave. They won't walk into to it by accident... of course. Those who see it will want to see it, horror and gore fans. Not teeny little bitches that cry at the sight of blood and faint.

AmericanManiac
01-06-2006, 10:38 PM
LOL, They only movie I went to see and people walked out of was the Rejects, and I loved that shit so i' think i'm goin to fucking love this fmovire !!!! sorry i'm a lil drunk right noe !

ItsAlive75
01-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Go to comingsoon.net if you want a lil' preview of the film.

The optic nerve scene makes that movie. I was laughing my ass off.

RavageRitual
01-07-2006, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Posher778
spoil it for me in a pm... theres no way in hell my parents will let me see that.

P/M Sent!

Posher778
01-07-2006, 06:01 AM
got it ;) sounds good but kinda repetitive

BH14
01-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Read a lot of reviews by people and most of them were disappointed in it. Most of them bashing.... not enough gore, little suspense and over the top boobies.

Tons of gore wont do anything for me if it isnt backed up with good suspense, acting, storyline, etc. I may want to just wait for this movie to hit dvd. Now, I passed on Wolf Creek and this movie.

strychnine;
01-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Just wondering if anybody else wasted thier money to go and see this on opening night?

or if anybody actually liked this pathetic excuse for a movie?

Posher778
01-07-2006, 07:10 PM
great job creating the what? 2000th thread on frickin hostel... why cant you just post on one of the other ones? their all the same.

XFeaRX
01-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Pretty good horror flick. Original storyline. Yes there is a LOT of sex/boobies.

zwoti
01-08-2006, 12:11 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/zwoti/00012035.gif

Posher778
01-08-2006, 04:38 AM
yep.

scottingraham
01-08-2006, 05:56 AM
Just saw it and the gore and storyline is incredible.

RavageRitual
01-08-2006, 06:43 AM
This movie was incredible. Do you even like horror?

filmmaker2
01-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Well, this poster has ONE post to their credit currently; so, consider the source of the opinion. They don't even state that they've SEEN the movie in the first place!

zomb5150
01-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by XFeaRX
Pretty good horror flick. Original storyline. Yes there is a LOT of sex/boobies.

not enough in my opinion:D
I thought it was a great movie.

BH14
01-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Out of bordem I decided to go see this movie... I liked Cabin Fever and Tarantino liked this movie so I'll give it a shot. Its not bad but not great as say TDR or High Tension. First, I am not one bit squimish to gore or torture so this movie didnt scare me at all. The suspense wasnt like from a horror movie but rather an action movie. If you seen it, then you will know what i mean. However, the plot was original, plenty of torture (even though nothing too out of ordinary), acting was good, plenty of sex and boobs, some cheap laughs....... To me, it just felt like an action movie filled with lots of torture and some gore but still good enough to go and see it.

Its definitely worth a rent... I wont though spend 10 bucks to see it at theatre again. I give it a solid 7/10.

RavageRitual
01-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by filmmaker2
Well, this poster has ONE post to their credit currently; so, consider the source of the opinion. They don't even state that they've SEEN the movie in the first place!

Very True...:D

The STE
01-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Hostel

AmericanManiac
01-09-2006, 01:18 AM
idiot

cheebacheeba
01-09-2006, 01:40 AM
Crybaby.
In a Q+A after the film, director Eli Roth said that he had the films "Wicker Man" and "Audition" in mind when he made "Hostel." Those influences really shine through. Add more than a dash of Roeg's "Don't Look Now" - as well as, of course, "Cabin Fever" - and you've got a good idea of the caliber of experience you're in store for.
Here Roth takes some all-American characters akin to those of "Cabin Fever" and sends them not to woods, but to the uber-mysterious (for Americans) landscape of Eastern Europe. As in "Cabin Fever," these cocky characters find themselves, possibly for the first time in their lives, in a situation through which their wealth and privilege can't help them navigate. To say more about the plot would give too much away, but suffice it to say that you're in for a treat... as with Miike's "Audition," this film sets you up for a sucker punch... even though you know you're in for some psychological terror, the moment both films reveal themselves to be thrillers is quite a shock.
The version I saw was chock-full of transgressive sex and violence that, while extreme (especially by U.S. standards), was also very integral to the viewing experience. Roth mentioned, with some trepidation, that he was just about to take his film to the rating board. It's probably too much to ask, but it would be extremely brave of his distributor (Screen Gems, I think) to release the film uncut as an NC-17. In any case, I'm extremely excited to see this film again both in the theater and on DVD, both for enjoyment and as a case study in how much a film of this nature will change from its first cut to the theater and then again to home video.

The STE
01-09-2006, 10:20 AM
Like, OMG, what if they made Freddy vs. Jason...VS. HOSTEL?!!?!?!1oneslashone That would totally be the kewlest thing evar!

thepsychicfetus
01-09-2006, 04:24 PM
i liked the movie. i liked the storyline overall.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

....i must say i laughed so hard when the japanese girl threw herself in front of the train and also when the children killed those two guys and crushed their skulls all for a bag of candy. haha.

Marroe
01-10-2006, 01:45 PM
...sucks.

majorbludd
01-18-2006, 07:37 PM
i dunno if anybody caught this....during the scene in hostel when the lame kid is gettin laid and we're lookin' at the brunette from his point of view, the song thats playin' sounds exactly like the siren song from WICKER MAN 'cept it's like a trance club version....the only reason I thought it might be remotely possible that eli roth would use the siren song is cuz he paid homage to david hess' "road leads to nowhere" from last house on the left in CABIN FEVER....am i dorkus or did anybody who seen both hostel and wickerman catch that?

also the scene in cabin fever where the kid from boy meets world has his hand goin under the blanket into that chicks panties was totally his play on creepshow 2's raft scene.

The Mothman
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM
The more horror movies i watch, the more i start to notice little things like this. Burial Ground had quite a few. The zombie eyeball scene was totally ripped off, except it was with glass into the side of the face, but it was shot in the same style that it was in zombie.

Briancalled
01-27-2006, 12:46 PM
I noticed the Wicker Man song in Hostel too. In Wicker Man, that's the scene where Britt Eckland sings topless then it cuts to a body-double for the full-body rear shots (doh!). Very memorable anyway.

I looked for the song in the credits of Hostel and it was there. It's called "How Do," though I have since forgotten who wrote it. I don't know anything about its inclusion in this movie except that the re-mix makes for nice trivia. It was cool to hear it.

lionels_mother
03-26-2006, 11:40 AM
I went to the first showing of this movie on friday there. I thought it was a fantastic film with some disturbing and well-crafted scenes.

I particularly liked the scene when the hero is on the top floor of the building and is talking to the guy with the gun.

I give this movie 8.5/10

angel_tears
03-26-2006, 02:56 PM
i reallllly want to see it!
my friends brother saw it and wouldnt tell me anything about it because he said it was too scary to talk about.. damn..

doctor satan
04-19-2006, 03:17 AM
I know theres been a few posts on this already but i just got my Region 1 copy at the weekend. Loved this film. Last nite on tv there was a programme about SNUFF films & Eli Roth was talking about the inspiration for Hostel he said something about a website in Thailand ( did'nt catch it all the wife was nagging ) does anyone know the backstory to this film?

newb
04-19-2006, 10:15 AM
This movie was much better than i expected. Interview with Eli Roth can be found here----> http://www.moviehole.net/interviews/20051230_exclusive_interview_eli_roth.html

Bunman
04-19-2006, 10:31 AM
I was very dissappointed by the film - There was so much hype about it and in my opinion, didn't deliver the goods. There were a couple of gory scenes in it but for the length of time I had to wait for them I expected something much better.

Abominus
04-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Just saw it today. I loved it! I would have liked to see Miike with a slightly larger roll. No spoiler here.

doctor satan
04-20-2006, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by newb
This movie was much better than i expected. Interview with Eli Roth can be found here----> http://www.moviehole.net/interviews/20051230_exclusive_interview_eli_roth.html

Thanks for that mate.

BH14
04-20-2006, 12:35 PM
I saw this movie when it first came out in the movie theatres and I enjoyed it but I didnt think it was that good. Now I bought the DVD and watched it in the comfort in my home and I actually enjoyed it more even though I knew what was going to happen. Maybe the packed theatre with all the loud teenagers lessened my enjoyment for the movie or it could have been I saw Wolf Creek couple days ago and my expectations are lower. Im glad I picked up this movie.

The Mothman
04-20-2006, 03:59 PM
I saw it for the first time two days ago. i thought it was pretty good, but it could have done with a little more torture scenes. i know, im a sick fuck. i did like it when that one dude finally got away and started fucking ppl up though.

GOODandEVIL666
04-20-2006, 05:03 PM
i hope that didnt spoil anything for me???

chainleen
04-20-2006, 06:06 PM
I just watched it, it was fun, but I liked Cabin Fever better. As much as I usually hate sequels I want to see one...teach us city folks to buy cheap water...

The Mothman
04-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by GOODandEVIL666
i hope that didnt spoil anything for me???
lol no it didnt.

Firemedic
04-22-2006, 03:34 PM
tarantino did it again, but whats his fasination with people having their eyes pulled out. This movie was disturbing on all levels, 4 STARS!!!

ABnormaL
04-22-2006, 03:50 PM
=s Odd. I thought this film was total rubbish until the torture sequences, which took its sweet time getting onscreen. I think he ran out of ideas or something so just pumped the film full of pointless porn for the first hour or so.

doctor satan
04-23-2006, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Firemedic
tarantino did it again, but whats his fasination with people having their eyes pulled out. This movie was disturbing on all levels, 4 STARS!!!

Tarantinos always been a fan of the Lucio Fulci school of film making.

The_Return
04-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Tarantino only produced it anyway...

This isnt my kind of movie, but I still would kind of like to see it sometime soon just because of the mixed reviews...

andygore
04-26-2006, 02:56 AM
Hostel is pretty cool, way better than Cabin Fever (f****** garbage).

ShepisFan
04-26-2006, 07:18 AM
I liked Cabin Fever and heard many things about Hostel, some people said it was terrible and other people loved it. I finally watched yesterday and I think is a great movies, Roth is becoming one of my favourite directors. Hope he keeps the pace.:)

Shadowman
04-26-2006, 04:30 PM
I really liked this movie.

SPOILER

I thought it was so funny when the guy cut himself with the chainsaw. I laughed for about a minute.

alkytrio666
04-29-2006, 11:00 AM
I just saw it, and I haven't been this dissapointed since Saw came out.

What's so "grizzly" and "sick" about this, folks, is that it was an absolute mess. Here's why:

1. I'm looking for a horror movie that atmospherically tries to scare us, like the good old days. This one seemed more concerned about how many times they could slip the word "fuck" in (like all other movies produced or directed by Tarintino :rolleyes: ). Swearing is good when used in context, but when a kid is talking to a hotel (or hostel) manager in real life he isn't going to talk like these kids did.

"Hey, do you have any fuckin' rooms? Fuck, man. I just wanna fuck."

2. The gore was really not that extreme at all. The grizzliest part **SPOILER**

was the eyeball scene, but the damn eyeball looked so fake that I actually laughed when I saw it.
**END SPOILER**

3. The acting was SHIT. For the first half of the movie, I swear to God I felt like I was watching Euro Trip. Horrible dialogue.

"Dude, I'm so fucking amped, man, Let's fuckin' fuck some chicks, man. Oh fuck! There's so many hot fucking girls in this fucking place! Fuck!"

Not to mention Roth had to slip that fag in who was, like, 45 years old. They pick this guy up, and everything he says or does is gay- to the extreme. If I picked a guy like that up and he jumped one ME while I was having sex with a hot babe, he'd be gone right there. But no. This is supposed to be funny.

It was a sloppy mess.

GOODandEVIL666
04-29-2006, 11:24 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Buffy_101
04-29-2006, 11:52 AM
*Possible Spoilers*

Well I finally seen it, and I did have high hopes for it being "The scariest movie in ten years"...somebody told me. But sadly it wasn't that good. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good.

I didn't care that it took 30 minutes to start, or that there was nudity. Its just when it came to the torture and whatnot it just didn't deliver. All the deaths were off screen and alot of the prostetics looked like...prostetics.

Another thing is the second Japanese girl killing herself. I understand plot wise, it was to get the lead to safety, but really I don't think anyone would do that. Its called moral obligation, because someone risked their life to save yours.

The gore was nothing new, nor shocking. The eye scene did creep me out, but like someone said, it looked fake. The hype for this movie was crazy...and i'm not looking forward to Hostel 2.

Overall a better movie then Cabin Fever...buts thats not saying much.

satanshorn
05-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Moral obligation has nothing to do with the fact that now she was a freak instead of a cute Jap girl doomed to spend the rest of her life remembering the moment she saw Hell. Hostel wasn't nearly as brutal as it should have been. Roth's playing exploitation filmmaker old school which sucks.