PDA

View Full Version : Hitchcock

abunai
09-24-2003, 05:07 AM
Well, I was thinking :rolleyes: that we can't talk about Classic Horror Movies without talking about his Majesty : Alfred Hitchcock, one of the greatest directors of all time. He was able to satisfy the audiences with minimal special effects just with his own demented imagination. Hitch was able to acheive maximum success and the effect he wanted with each of his films, using Pure Cinema.

I like his: Psycho, one of my favourites.
http://services.windowsmedia.com/dvdcover/cov150/drt000/t009/t00919uqvln.jpg( I do prefer this B&W movie to the remakes. yeah, i like Antique, :p...)

I do also like reading books on his imagined stories and he knows how to keep the thrill ;)

So I propose we post here about Hitchcock, about his work. Donno, synopsis, movie posters, your favourite movies of his...etc.

Thx :)

abunai
09-28-2003, 11:30 PM
:eek: So ??? you guys don't like Hitch ? :confused: :confused:
He is nice though :rolleyes:

:D come on ;)

:p

avenger00soul
09-29-2003, 09:43 AM
I like Hitch. He only made two real horror pictures though. Both are classics, The Birds and Psycho. The man's speciality was suspense and he made some damn fine films. Rope will always be my favorite. The idea of trying to do a film in one "seamless" shot intrigues me. He didn't quite succeed at this though. The closest I've seen to perfecting this technique is a little indie film called Running Time with Bruce Campbell. Has anyone seen it?

pyewackett
10-01-2003, 07:35 PM
I'm with you on Rope, Avenger. I lurve the tension whenever anyone walks over to the chest. Yes, of course, the seamless-shot technique wasn't perfect (look at the backs of men's suits when they walk away from camera), but Alfie gets kudos for the effort.

Another favorite Hitch flick of mine (albeit not horror) is The Lady Vanishes. Good times.

avenger00soul
10-02-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by pyewackett

Another favorite Hitch flick of mine (albeit not horror) is The Lady Vanishes. Good times.

I've not seen it. I'll have to check that one out.

Krzychu
10-03-2003, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I also like B&W films. I agree with ABUNAI, Hitchcock films are very extraordinary. In this year we have a 30th anniversary of "The Birds". I think, this film is great. I watched "The Birds" thousend times and I still want more... Probably Hitchcock is the most influential director has ever exist... I still want more and more Hitchcock films....

roguesblight
10-12-2003, 09:13 PM
I love Hitchcock! Birds is one of my all time favorites! But anything by him will do. Dial M for Murder is great, but isn't horror. And the first Psycho is fabulous, the rest are ok but the first one is the best cause it's his!

CrystalLake
10-18-2003, 11:15 AM
I love ''The Birds'' and ''Psycho''! I haven't seen any other of his movies, but if they scared me like like ''Birds'' did, then I can't wait! And yeah.. The Birds did scare me.. it scared the living crap out of me! lol.. that's cause I hate birds.. or atleast.. I hate birds now.:o

ShamSham04
10-18-2003, 06:15 PM
Besides Night Of The Living Dead, Hitchcock's film Psycho is the only Black & White movie that scared the living daylights out of me. I can NOT take a shower without locking my bathroom door.

Try it sometime while you're alone in your house, people. ;)

roguesblight
10-18-2003, 09:57 PM
First watched Psycho when I was very young, And now at ........
.......40 (i know, i'm old) I still have a slight anxiety when i shower in the house alone! If ya hear a slight noise, the heart races and ya find yourself staring at the shower curtain watching for a shadow.....I had to change that to "you" cause "I" don't wanna have nightmares tonight! haha

Zero
07-06-2009, 05:02 PM
we never talk about alfred anymore - was it something he said??