PDA

View Full Version : Review My Plot Synopsis

she_died
12-17-2005, 01:59 PM
A big part of marketing a movie is how well the synopsis works. Is it intriguing enough to draw interest. Maybe some of you can tell me what you think of our synopsis for Walking Among The Dead, and what you think it may be lacking. Thanks :)

Here it is:

Five months ago, the earthly dynasty of humans was methodically overthrown by an ever-growing horde of the resurrected dead. The plague struck so rapidly and with such brutal efficiency that no level of human power or authority could subdue it. With media sources down and an ominous lack of government response across the globe, those who survived the initial attacks were forced to rely on their own wits and survival instincts. Those who were weak or simply unlucky inevitably became members of the pale mob, sweeping the land in packs, searching for fresh meat to be consumed.

In the small town of Edgar, a young resourceful man named Hayden has managed to survive by living in the storm drains beneath the town. He mounts occasional supply raids to the surface via his subterranean network of tunnels and manholes, webbing their way through town. He is one of the few people who's will to live outweighs their fear, and he has made a humble life for himself in the dark recesses of man's vacant domain.

When he encounters Taurie, a lone rambler, Hayden is forced to rethink his attitudes toward life and his plan for survival. Though they have both suffered incalculable personal horrors and remained sane and alive, nothing can prepare them for the adventure of hope, desperation, and unbridled terror that awaits them as they walk among the dead...

Zero
12-17-2005, 02:32 PM
reminds me quite a bit of that book I Am Legend. . . but has possibilities.

she_died
12-17-2005, 02:38 PM
It does have similarities, but I think only because any zombie movie is really a survival story. Also, this synopsis is designed to get you into the story without giving up any important later plot points. Thanks for the input!

Zero
12-17-2005, 02:42 PM
no prob - good luck

Zero
12-17-2005, 02:45 PM
apologies for double-posting,

but, is this film finished? i checked out your website and it sounded like it was almost done -- where are you in the project?

she_died
12-17-2005, 03:09 PM
np We're two shoot days away from finishing shooting (we'll have around 25 hrs. of footage), and then the rest of the winter will be dedicated to post-production (editing, sound effects, score), and we're shooting for a summer 2006 premiere

MisterSadistro
12-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Also, this synopsis is designed to get you into the story without giving up any important later plot points.
I'm hoping you meant to say "twists" rather than "plot points" since it would be difficult to review the plot if you're keeping it secret LOL
Good luck with filming.
CK

she_died
12-18-2005, 04:30 PM
lol yes, well there are plot points omitted, but i don't want to give too much away;)