PDA

View Full Version : 28 days later

wvhorrorfan
11-27-2005, 02:46 AM
anyone have anything to say about this very interesting film that was also done on a shoestring budget?

Zero
11-29-2005, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by wvhorrorfan
anyone have anything to say about this very interesting film that was also done on a shoestring budget?

i'll grant you that boyle did great work with what he had - - - but, that said, in a thread on 'indie' films, i don't think his estimated $8mil budget was "shoestring" (or, if it was, I'd love to see the shoes!)

wvhorrorfan
11-29-2005, 06:17 PM
true, but that might be a tiny amount for some people as far as movies go

alkytrio666
12-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by wvhorrorfan

Sure: It sucked.

KF100
12-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Oh I loved that movie I saw it new for 3 dollars but did'nt have any money. :mad:

Zero
12-19-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by bedlam23
I liked it. Just the whole emptiness of the City at the begining.
And it looks tight for DV.

that part was awesome

she_died
12-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Zero
i'll grant you that boyle did great work with what he had - - - but, that said, in a thread on 'indie' films, i don't think his estimated $8mil budget was "shoestring" (or, if it was, I'd love to see the shoes!)

i think this subforum has been mistitled. i mean, technically star wars revenge of the sith was an indie movie. 8mil is actually quite a pittance by which to make a professional feature. the reason other films are made for so much less is that no one gets paid. i think this subforum should be called "low/no budget horror films" or "underground horror films" to be more accurate.