PDA

View Full Version : VS Movies

Leslie Daher
12-10-2003, 08:51 AM
i'm a bit of a traditionalist and the new crop of VS movies are really bothering me! i saw the freddy vs jason movie and i was not impressed. i saw it just to see how bad it would be and it was. i guess if you want to look at it as "fun" but to me it's just a degradation of the classics. freddy is classic and jason only wishes he were. they need to be seperate. it seems to be a way for the production company's to keep making money churning out crap and for punks to get happy seeing freddy/jason for the first time. how about promoting the classics!?

rikki
12-10-2003, 03:06 PM
Yea, I don't watch vs. movies as a matter of principle. I DO have SOME morals.

_Leatha_Face_
12-10-2003, 03:39 PM
omg whats wrong with u i loved FvJ i mean i loved them when they were bothin in seperate movies but putting them into 1 iz genius

LegionFilms
12-10-2003, 03:50 PM
Alien VS Predator might be cool...

Killer Clown#1
12-10-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by LegionFilms
Alien VS Predator might be cool... Other then the fact that this will be the only Alien movie with out Ripley, it will kick:)

crazy clown
12-10-2003, 06:07 PM
i don't know...

Arioch
12-10-2003, 09:10 PM
I think F vs. J is a good deal in that it revitalizes both series. I think they should constantly make new and better Freddy movies along with Jason movies (not necessarily vs movies i think a series of THESE will kill them both) but Jason and Freddy are icons now and there is definitly room for more of them in new horror movies with good cg and effects

Hey think about it this way, how much better would a decent Freddy movie, or a decent Jason movie (not jason x:rolleyes: ) be than new age horror like Cabin Fever, Wrong Turn, Jeepers Creepers. I mean come on. Freddy and Jason and Michael, even goddamn Chucky has more respect for the horror fans than these new movies do.

SoUl SuRvIvOrS
12-10-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Arioch
I think F vs. J is a good deal in that it revitalizes both series. I think they should constantly make new and better Freddy movies along with Jason movies (not necessarily vs movies i think a series of THESE will kill them both) but Jason and Freddy are icons now and there is definitly room for more of them in new horror movies with good cg and effects

Hey think about it this way, how much better would a decent Freddy movie, or a decent Jason movie (not jason x:rolleyes: ) be than new age horror like Cabin Fever, Wrong Turn, Jeepers Creepers. I mean come on. Freddy and Jason and Michael, even goddamn Chucky has more respect for the horror fans than these new movies do.
Couldnt agree more with you

Dave
12-11-2003, 03:02 AM
You do realize that the FvJ movie was planned several years ago right? You also know that Friday the 13th was before Nightmare on Elm Street too right? Freddy is a joke. Ever since part 3 he has become a goof. Jason could beat Freddy's ass, and did. The movie was great but had problems. Jason isn't afraid of water. How the hell could he be!? He kills people in the lake in practically every one of the movies!!!! Still, vs. movies are good for the fans of those movies. I'd like to see Jason fight Michael and Pinhead fight Candyman or Freddy. Atleast they are more balanced that way.

_Leatha_Face_
12-11-2003, 05:21 AM
yea freddy just doesnt have it anymore hes to much of a comedian, 1 reason horror characters dont talk

Dave
12-11-2003, 06:59 AM
Candyman and Pinhead are the only good ones that talk. They always have something profound to say.

kawaiidragonfoe
12-11-2003, 08:12 AM
Yes, i have to agree with you but not about this movie, i have been waiting to see Freddy & Jason face each other sense they both were 'born'. Jason is consitered a classic in my eyes just because he has been around for a while (1980 i believe). There are others that do in some way or another copy movies that already have been made, here are some examples:

Bloody Murder & it's Sequel- The Mask screams Jason & the chainsaw... hello Director! Already been done!

That movie about the group of people that agree to be locked in a dungon with i think it is five killers, one of them being named 'Chainsaw Charlie' & there's another one that is basiclly Pinhead without the pins in the head, good lord! Is there NO orginality out there anymore? (PS, is anyone knows the name of the movie please post it because i can't for my life remember it).

"Of course he had a gun, this is Texas! Everyone has a gun, my florist has a gun!" Kathy Morningside, Miss Congenality.

VenomX
12-11-2003, 08:21 AM
IMO despite what we think about FvJ, it is bringing attention back to these two franchises, which means possible revitalization in the future. Plus, the fight was cool despite a mildly lacking plot.

Leslie Daher
12-11-2003, 08:47 AM
IMO revitalization came with the birth of scream. that was kevin williamson's baby and not that i think he's all that clever-you slap wes craven's name on it and he's cashing in on the royalties. i can't remember the last truly good picture wes craven put out....i've been watching these movies for years and to me it's a bit of an insult to take such really unique and good characters that easily stand out on their own and say, "hey! you know what would be even better." c'mon. these big wigs are getting fat off of us. was that movie a good movie? i think we can all say "No" i love movies like wrong turn. that was great! i'm a tradionalist but I LOVE that movie. it used some already played out ideas but i was rooting for the characters and screaming at the television. i think the monster that is the movie making machine will spit out anything as long as there are people willing to view them. i want more out of my $8.50! And i'm not an ass! i don't need ppl trying to educate me on when or how the movie (FVJ) came about. i'm just saying it's a bit of an insult to a true horror fan like myself.

_Leatha_Face_
12-11-2003, 08:51 AM
ur opion iz appreciated

Leslie Daher
12-11-2003, 08:58 AM
that was just a little annoying..in freddy vs jason...jason was much like his every day dopey back woods i'm killer bad self BUT what the hell was up with the new and improved freddy!?!?! he was RED...really red, and devilish looking, he had razor sharp teeth and freaky glowy contacts..um, that is not the freddy i remember...he WAS a man after all before he got burned up. what made fred decide to change his look? was it not working for the chicks? hmmm.

Dave
12-11-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by kawaiidragonfoe
Bloody Murder & it's Sequel- The Mask screams Jason & the chainsaw... hello Director! Already been done!

That movie about the group of people that agree to be locked in a dungon with i think it is five killers, one of them being named 'Chainsaw Charlie' & there's another one that is basiclly Pinhead without the pins in the head, good lord! Is there NO orginality out there anymore? (PS, is anyone knows the name of the movie please post it because i can't for my life remember it).

YES!!!! Totally ripped off from Jason! Didn't he use a chainsaw in that movie too? Ripped off from Jason and Leatherface.

The other movie sounds like Hellblazer which I haven't seen in many years. Sounds like the guy who had his face all cut up, but he had a police baton with a sicle blade in it.

avenger00soul
12-11-2003, 01:38 PM
I'm sick of the vs. thing already. And you know what...it's b/c of the fans. Every thread on this site turns into who could beat who. LOL.

Arioch
12-11-2003, 02:01 PM
I just want them to continue making GOOD freddy, jason, and michael movies. We dont need to have them in huge wrestling matches do we???

Just give me some new cg freddy action, thats all i really want lol

Oh yeah, and he looked badass in the new movie. You guys are just jealous lmao

Dave
12-11-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
I'm sick of the vs. thing already. And you know what...it's b/c of the fans. Every thread on this site turns into who could beat who. LOL.

Amber Tamblyn from the Ring could beat the Crypt Keeper.

avenger00soul
12-11-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Dave
Amber Tamblyn from the Ring could beat the Crypt Keeper.

See what I mean?

Dave
12-11-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
See what I mean?

haha....they have a similar look don't they? (she was the one in the closet)

_Leatha_Face_
12-12-2003, 06:27 AM
vs movies iz like dvd's the new version because they already tried making a new kind a jason movie (jason X) which blew nutz

Arioch
12-14-2003, 04:12 AM
vs movies iz like dvd's the new version because they already tried making a new kind a jason movie (jason X) which blew nutz

it sure did lmao! but i think a new CG freddy movie would be badass with any kind of decent director. And the upcoming psychological/thriller prequel sounds promising aswell.

Dave
12-14-2003, 01:21 PM
I duno. I did like Jason X but than I do tend to have a bias to him because I am a huge Jason fan, so that may have had something to do with it. However, part 8 was stupid and should have never been made haha.

Keyser_Soze
12-14-2003, 08:32 PM
The movie with "Chainsaw Charlie" is $LASHERS.

I think the VS. movies are too unoriginal, although I enjoyed F Vs. J.

_Leatha_Face_
12-15-2003, 05:12 AM
if every1 enjoyed the 1st FvJ y wouldnt u enjoy the second ?

Dave
12-15-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Keyser_Soze
I think the VS. movies are too unoriginal

remakes are about as unoriginal as you can get

Killer Clown#1
12-15-2003, 06:04 PM
Jesus guys! quit bitching about vs movies and remakes, The companys do this for us fans, If it was not for the new Tcm remake nobody I know would even know Leather face exsists, and as for FvJ us fans were on our knees begging for this fucking movie then you guys come on here and say how it's not original and all that shit, Hel fucking LO I have never seen a movie where 2 unstopable killers go at it. Although the remakes are just based on somthing done before does not make it a movie, Movies were made to entertain us and thats what these movies do for me ,I don't give a shit if there original or not they still kick ass. I'm not saying that you "can't hate these movies" I'm just saying that you should show a little respect for them, Thats why companys waste there time and effort for these movies, for us horror fans.

Dave
12-15-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Killer Clown#1
Jesus guys! quit bitching about vs movies and remakes, The companys do this for us fans, If it was not for the new Tcm remake nobody I know would even know Leather face exsists, and as for FvJ us fans were on our knees begging for this fucking movie then you guys come on here and say how it's not original and all that shit, Hel fucking LO I have never seen a movie where 2 unstopable killers go at it. Although the remakes are just based on somthing done before does not make it a movie, Movies were made to entertain us and thats what these movies do for me ,I don't give a shit if there original or not they still kick ass. I'm not saying that you "can't hate these movies" I'm just saying that you should show a little respect for them, Thats why companys waste there time and effort for these movies, for us horror fans.

I loved Freddy vs. Jason and have been waiting for it for the past 10+ years. Originallity is something that I appreciate in a movie, but something that isn't completely original doesn't bother me either. Something that just totally rips off stuff from another movie because they want theirs to be as cool as it was, annoys the crap out of me. I was just making the point that a remake is about as unoriginal as you can get because it is a movie based on a movie. The TCM remake was good if you have never seen the movies and you can shut off the ability to notice problems in movies. I just didn't like the movie, that's all. I was expecting something more along the lines of the original and it wasn't the same as what I expected.

_Leatha_Face_
12-15-2003, 06:41 PM
im definatly not bitching about it im excited and happy about any sequels personally i think that this was one of the most smartest moves by hollywood :)

Dave
12-15-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by _Leatha_Face_
im definatly not bitching about it im excited and happy about any sequels personally i think that this was one of the most smartest moves by hollywood :)

$82 million worth of smartness at that :)

_Leatha_Face_
12-15-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Dave
$82 million worth of smartness at that :) exactly

Dave
12-15-2003, 07:00 PM
$82 Millsion Box Office
Highest Horror Film Opening of All Time

2 Disc Platinum Series DVD
-18 Deleted Scenes
-Alternate Opening and Ending
-Commentaries and Interviews with Freddy and Jason
-Production Documentary
-Visual Effect Documentary
-Jump to Death Menu Option
-Music Video
-DVD-Rom Content
-Widescreen and Fullscreen Versions of the Film
-Theatrical Trailer/TV Spots
-And More!

1/13/04

-From Video Store Magazine

Leslie Daher
12-16-2003, 08:10 AM
you're telling me nothing--blair witch was like one of the highest grossing indies made (after halloween) and that movie soooo SUCKED! how many crappy movies out there make money?! you're missing the point..just b/c something is a money maker doesn't make it good. that seems to be your argument...

_Leatha_Face_
12-16-2003, 08:15 AM
well i thought i was great one the best ive seen in a while

Dave
12-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Leslie Daher
you're telling me nothing--blair witch was like one of the highest grossing indies made (after halloween) and that movie soooo SUCKED! how many crappy movies out there make money?! you're missing the point..just b/c something is a money maker doesn't make it good. that seems to be your argument...

i was just posting stats from Video Store Magazine since people have said it made $35 or something...I was just posting the amount it actually made and dvd information...there was no argument

Leslie Daher
12-22-2003, 03:56 AM
so, i see that they have made alien vs predator...ugh...i wonder if this one will also be tired. me? not such a big fan of the alien films and predator was decent. at least it's sort of in the same genre, they're both aliens. i still maintain my stand on vs movies though...it may be fun for some ppl but i think it's doing the original a disservice :(

ds_spoon
12-22-2003, 04:25 AM
i thought fvj was a excellent

but maybe other versus movies would be good

alien v.s predator

leather face v.s michael myers

you never know what they`ll come up with next

personally i would like to see a carry on to freddy v.s jason

Leslie Daher
12-22-2003, 08:13 AM
they'll surely make another freddy vs jason movie..no one really won at the end...i don't think i would've minded as much if maybe the characters were more likeable. the main character was so whiny and fake and annoying! i wanted to claw out my own eyes. she was in dawson's creek (abby morgan) and undeclared (rachel) and was waaay better. i HATED her in freddy vs jason!

AND if you ask me there's NO WAAAAY jason would beat freddy! how can you kill what only exists in dream. he's the perfect bad guy really next to micheal, of course!