Here people get a chance to talk about the new House of Wax

ThePhantom
11-22-2005, 01:07 PM
I found it be boring

Zero
Originally posted by HoRrOrFRK
Here people get a chance to talk about the new House of Wax

here people quietly shake their heads as they walk slowly away. . . .

HoRrOrFRK
I thought that overall this movie was great good acting, effects, and ending

HoRrOrFRK
11-22-2005, 01:10 PM
I thought that Paris was going to be a bad actor but she was surprisingly good

ThePhantom
11-22-2005, 01:13 PM
I think that is why have the people went to see this movie just to see Paris Hilton in it . Her acting was not that impressing. She should just stick with making them home movies.

noctuary
11-22-2005, 06:44 PM
What!? Er... I just don't know what to say to that... She is vile.

bwind22
11-22-2005, 07:02 PM
I didn't think Paris was particularily good, it was just that the rest of the cast wasn't any good either so she seems to blend right in, making her performance seem more acceptable because it's in the midst of so many other sub-par ones.

Haunted
11-23-2005, 04:18 AM
I don't give a fuck as long as I don't have to do housework.

Isn't this the wrong section? I mean, I don't know, is it? Shouldn't this thread be moved to modern Horror... or modern quasi-horror?

Paris Hilton is the biggest waste of breath on the planet.

HoRrOrFRK
11-23-2005, 12:51 PM
i would like to know what u guys thought of the movie

pinkfloyd45769
11-23-2005, 12:58 PM
I think there are probably 100 other threads about this! But, what the hell! It was ok, not great, not shit either, just....ok!

ItsAlive75
11-23-2005, 01:15 PM
I saw a cardboard cutout of Paris Hilton in the doorway of a store called "Perfumania" and I just started laughing.

evildeadfreak
11-23-2005, 01:36 PM
original was so much better

jenna26
11-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Well,I found it to be a complete waste of time, myself. I figured at first that it was because I was so annoyed by Paris Hilton's presence, because some it didn't seem so bad. But it started out mediocre and it was pretty much downhill from there.

So, no I wasn't impressed.

And again, this "reimagining" shit just bugs the hell out of me.

zomb5150
11-26-2005, 04:27 AM
I thought it was ok
I wouldn't buy it but it was watchable.
I'm looking forward to seeing the original.:)

gorefreak
11-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Never saw it, but I heard Paris Hilton gets a rusted pipe shoved into her head.... that's gotta be worth something. :)

VampiricClown
11-27-2005, 07:40 AM
I watched it last night. It was decent. Not the best, but it's worth a rental at least.

GOODandEVIL666
11-28-2005, 03:44 PM
not to be rude, noctary check your pants for a dick if you think paris hilton is ugly and i havent even had the chance to rent that movie by the way

VampiricClown
11-28-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by GOODandEVIL666
not to be rude, noctary check your pants for a dick if you think paris hilton is ugly and i havent even had the chance to rent that movie by the way

heh. You think she's hot? I personally don't find her the least bit attractive. Sorry. Oh, and you should rent the movie.

Carpe Noctem
11-28-2005, 06:21 PM

That's because being a whore in a movie, isn't quite different from what she's doing in real life.

The movie sucked though. And Paris Hilton didn't make it any better.

_Leatha_Face_
11-28-2005, 10:44 PM
meh. 7/10

gorefreak
11-29-2005, 05:16 AM
Paris Hilton isn't ugly but she's not that hot either.
Originally posted by Carpe Noctem
That's because being a whore in a movie, isn't quite different from what she's doing in real life.
lol :)

HoRrOrFRK
11-29-2005, 10:22 PM
I thought Paris Hilton was going to be the worst actor what is was saying is that she was way better than i was expecting

noctuary
11-30-2005, 06:26 AM
not to be rude, noctary check your pants for a dick if you think paris hilton is ugly and i havent even had the chance to rent that movie by the way Hold on there, little buddy. I never recall saying that I thought she was ugly, merely vile, by which I mean that she's extremely unappealing to me. But for what it's worth, I don't find her attractive at all. You may be stunned to hear this, but not every man shares your opinion as to what is appealing in a woman.

Doc Faustus
12-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Visually pretty cool. The melting wax looks trippy. I found taking a classy movie and adding Paris Hilton and homicidal rednecks didn't do it much good. I also think remakes should have a clearer intent than this movie did. Paris was not completely abhorrent as...well, Paris. I think one of the first steps to getting decent acting out of somebody is writing a part that actually requires them to act like anything but themselves, since after all, thus far Paris Hilton has proven herself inept at everything but being Paris Hilton. She was born ready to inherit money for being born Paris Hilton, continues to squander money made from being Paris Hilton. I would have liked to have seen a PART written for her, so she would have to utilize some modicum of skill.

GOODandEVIL666
12-09-2005, 07:43 AM
i was just dickin' around

Rawhead Rex
12-09-2005, 07:52 AM
One of the things that bugged me about this movie...

And alot of horror movies, really.

Is the absence of rape.

I mean...at one point, the House of Wax killer disables Paris' heel with a knife...

She's wearing barely a teddy...

She's on the ground, begging for her life...

And this dude's already committed countless murders, so it's no like he's got ethics and morals...

Why, at this point, doesn't he rape the hell out of hot ass Paris?

Why don't alot of movie killers rape?

That's one of the reasons I liked Devil's Rejects so much...
That movie showed that a killer, with nothing much to lose...
Who treats the law like it doesn't exist...

Is capable and will exercise his ability to commit rape.

It just doesn't seem realistic that other movie killers don't...
Especially when they're the type of killer that doesn't lead a double life...

It's not like they have the chance to get sexual gratification anywhere else...they don't date.

Why wouldn't they rape? Especially when the female victims in horror movies are almost always super hot.

It doesn't make sense.

noctuary
12-09-2005, 09:32 AM
In response to Rawhead Rex's comment:

The thing is that the urge toward rape and the urge toward murder don't necessarily stem from the same psychological processes, although admittedly they often do. Both come from a need to completely dominate and establish power over another individual, but they manifest in different ways. Although reading this much into it is probably excessive, I must admit.

In response to GOODandEVIL666:
My apologies. Your earlier comment rubbed me the wrong way, but I really shouldn't have let it set me off that way. All's forgiven on my end, so I hope we can let bygones be bygones.

Lorre
12-09-2005, 02:31 PM
I couldn't bring myself to watch this movie. It just seemed insulting to the original. Besides, Paris Hilton and Chad Michael Murray make me want to gouge my eyes out and step on them. She looks like a giraffe in a mini skirt and he seems like a pompous little puke.

KF100
12-09-2005, 02:42 PM
I thought it was ok.Never saw the original yet so i can't compare it.

scottingraham
12-14-2005, 02:19 AM
I thought it was really good movie and Paris was better than I thought she would be!The achilles tendon clipping was pretty cool and the finger snip (ouch).

kung-fu-jesus
12-14-2005, 11:38 AM
over all the movie was boring to me. i gave it a chance and didnt enjoy it that much. i had the choice between buying house of wax or land of the dead, so glad i chose romero.

Posher778
12-16-2005, 07:41 PM
maybe i shouldnt say that its like... my favorite scary movie.. oh whoops.

i loved it. and it had a great story for a slasher, not just a hack em up deal, and when he waxed the guy it was great. and the whole paris hilton hater thing. i hate her too... but dont complain, her face looked better with the pipe through it anyway

that's HOTT! bitch

oh and when he snipped her finger, i was eating french fries, and like, through up when i heard the clip noise and saw it... i was like... who DOES THAT?

XFeaRX
12-20-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by zomb5150
I thought it was ok
I wouldn't buy it but it was watchable.
I'm looking forward to seeing the original.:)

The original kicks ass.

The_Return
12-20-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by XFeaRX
The original kicks ass.

Which are you refering to?

The 1953 version titled House of Wax and starring Vincent Price, or the nearly identical Mystery of the Wax Museum [1933], of which it was a remake?

As far as Im concered they both kick ass....havent seen this new one yet.

XFeaRX
12-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
Which are you refering to?

The 1953 version titled House of Wax and starring Vincent Price, or the nearly identical Mystery of the Wax Museum [1933], of which it was a remake?

As far as Im concered they both kick ass....havent seen this new one yet.

Havent seen Mystery, but yes I was referring to the 1953 HOWax version.

Elvis_Christ
12-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Fuckin' cool. WAY better than I expected. Couple of decent gore scenes. Loved the Paris Hilton dance and death scenes. Dope.

Posher778
12-22-2005, 05:06 AM
still thought it was really gross when vincent came up through the trap door and sliced the back of his ankle.

bbeastieboy
12-22-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by ThePhantom
{about Paris Hilton) She should just stick with making them home movies.

well said.. lol

hypnocil addict
12-29-2005, 03:36 AM
am i the only one who loved this movie?
i really enjoyed every minute of it
im gonna get trashed so bad for this,
but i even loved paris in it.
and was sad to see her die.

guess thats just me though

Lorre
01-01-2006, 05:09 PM
:rolleyes:

The_Return
01-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by hypnocil addict
am i the only one who loved this movie?
i really enjoyed every minute of it
im gonna get trashed so bad for this,
but i even loved paris in it.
and was sad to see her die.

guess thats just me though

*shakes head*

This is who we have to blame for the crap that's passed off as "horror" nowadys...

Lorre
01-01-2006, 05:17 PM
I totally agree.

crazy raplh
01-01-2006, 05:20 PM
The house of wasx was as good and night trip to cat man dew, or Pootytang.

Femme Fatale
01-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Good acting is not something I would associate with "House of Wax". Why won't Paris Hilton go away? Her eyes are void of life. She frightens me. The best part of that movie was when she was impaled in the head.

gorefreak
01-01-2006, 08:41 PM
I bought a copy only because I found a copy for $6 at one of the local video stores. Not a bad price to see Paris Hilton violently getting killed off with a huge pipe through her head. :)

RavageRitual
01-01-2006, 09:14 PM
only good part in the film was her death. HE HE

gorefreak
01-02-2006, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by The_Return
*shakes head*

This is who we have to blame for the crap that's passed off as "horror" nowadys...
It's not only that, it's people that say shit like "I Know What You Did Last Summer" and "What Lies Beneath" are cool horror films. Those are the type of 'horror fans' or if you can even call em that who seem to want to somehow be connected to the horror genre and call for 'safe' horror movies, be it 'R' or 'PG13'. That's the typical movie goer that would not care for the really creepy, dark, gritty horror movies of the 70's and early 80's. And the MPAA also plays a role in that seeing that a good number parents would take young children to see a gritty 'R' rated horror flick and complain about how the movie completely scarred the child's mind. Lots of ignorant parents that took their children to see "South Park" comes to mind. Even despite the warnings of being 10 times worse than the TV episodes, which young kids shouldn't even be allowed to watch that, let alone the movie. And to make matters worse, in general, these type of people bitch and complain, looking to pass the buck instead of taking responsibility or blame in regards to governing what their children watch. That's another contributing factor in these safe horror films, and it sucks. :(
Originally posted by RavageRitual
only good part in the film was her death. HE HE
lol Funny you should say that. I went to the local video store hoping to find some more 'classic' 70's and 80's horror and some guy wanted to rent "House Of Wax" though it was all rented out. He said "I just wanna see Paris Hilton die" and I was like "Yeah, that's why I bought a copy for $6 and it's worth the money." :D