PDA

View Full Version : Why not just "Foreign" horror?

The STE
11-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Sure, what is "Foreign" to some might not be foreign to others, but why have a seperate folder for Japanese movies? Other countries have contributed at least as much to horror as Japan, why don't THEY get folders?

noctuary
11-16-2005, 05:51 AM
I agree with you here. It seems a little pointless to separate them... Especially considering that pretty much all Asian movies get discussed in the Japanese horror forum.

zwoti
11-16-2005, 08:08 AM
well it was going to be asian horror, but he who shan't be named never replied to the pm.....

......quel suprise :rolleyes:

The STE
11-16-2005, 09:00 AM
Well, I'm going to treat the folder as if it were a general foreign horror movie folder.

kpropain
11-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by The STE
Sure, what is "Foreign" to some might not be foreign to others, but why have a seperate folder for Japanese movies? Other countries have contributed at least as much to horror as Japan, why don't THEY get folders?

yeah I agree but that's horror for ya :rolleyes:

wu ghung
11-17-2005, 01:38 AM
awww yessss good ole Crapinhand or was it krapyhairdo? never mind. I should have known it was you. because the other mods here aren't so pathetic as to hide logged off when banning me. but i have always intimidated you haven't I? fancy that big bad rock star intimidated by someone on line. LOL LOL How sad. remember how i use to bitch slap you and your little online "gf" nine. lol man how old are you like forty and you was dating online lol lol. and remember how i laughed at you when you had to make up the story of a sick son to get out of meeting her lol> must suck when a wife and kids get in the way o fmeeting your online gf lol *snort*
or was it you are just too scared of women. the online stuff is ok but when its in person you have to back up all that talk you coppied off playboy forum. but its cool crappy everyone knows your nothing but a little sniveling old man who pretends he gets the shits at people driving down their street and shoots their window out with a .50 cal lol. Ogawdyes that right you're so a B.M.X champ aren't you? lol just see you now 40 yr old dude riding down the streets asking kiddies if he can join their gang. lol well i expet to be banned again by mr snivel here. thats if he can see the ban button through his tears andfailing eyesight. lol

wvhorrorfan
11-24-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by kpropain
yeah I agree but that's horror for ya :rolleyes:

i have to agree with you, there are amazing horror films out there, and not all of them are from japan.

ever hear of new blood?

thats from thailand.

scary as hell

tale of 2 sisters is scary, and its from Korea.

Oan hon is scary, and its from vietnam.

its not just japanese horror.

The STE
11-24-2005, 05:22 PM
And not all of them are from Asia, either. Anyone seen Eyes Without a Face? Diabolique?

wvhorrorfan
11-24-2005, 06:49 PM
havent seen eyes without a face yet,

but also have seen El arto de morir

the art of dying

and also nameless and the forgotten.

am planning to get tattoo as well as the russian 2nd dvd in the nightwatch series called daywatch

zwoti
11-25-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by The STE
And not all of them are from Asia, either. Anyone seen Eyes Without a Face? Diabolique?

olde french classics

* waits patiently for jean rollin to get a mention

The STE
11-26-2005, 09:48 PM
just saw Eyes Without a Face today. Great movie, pretty much went against every expectation I had for it, in a good way.

no mulier
12-08-2005, 02:27 AM
I agree. A Japanese horror section is much too specific, in view of the fact that if this is how they want to proceed, they should continue on to Thai, Chinese, Korean, etc.

Something like Asian Horror, Euro Horror, etc. would've sufficed...

...I just got Onibaba Master Series DVD Edition in the mail today, and it looks downright impressive. Can't wait to watch the extras.

Despare
12-08-2005, 07:53 PM
I agree that this should be foreign, I mean c'mon, Cronos was a Mexican film, not even an Eastern thing.

komi
12-17-2005, 01:49 PM
italo horror deserved subforum for itself :cool: :cool: :cool:

1. SUSPIRIA – D. Argento
2. BEYOND THE DARKNESS aka BURIED ALIVE –A.Massacessi
3. THE CHURCH –M. Soavi
4. CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST –R. Deodato
5. PHENOMENA –D. Argento
6. OPERA –D. Argento
7. DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE –M. Soavi
8. ZOMBI –L. Fulci
9. THE BEYOND –L. Fulci
10. DEEP RED –D. Argento
11. TENEBRAE –D. Argento
12. SHOCK –M. Bava
13. MASK OF THE DEMON –M. Bava
14. INFERNO –D. Argento
15. ZEDER –P. Avati
16. THE HOUSE WITH THE WINDOWS THAT LAUGH -P. Avati
17. MACABRO –L. Bava
18. DEMONS –L. Bava
19. THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE–D. Argento
20. BLACK SABBATH – M. Bava
21. THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY – L. Fulci
22. STAGE FRIGHT –M. Soavi
23. CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD – L. Fulci
24. KILL BABY KILL -M. Bava
25. THE WHIP AND THE BODY –M. Bava

slasherman
12-17-2005, 01:54 PM
:rolleyes: ..many good italien horror movies but one part from Modern is enough

Zero
12-17-2005, 02:37 PM
and what about the brits and the french who are back onto the horror kick? this should definitely be "foreign" and not just japanese

urgeok
01-11-2006, 08:48 AM
in answer to the origional question : there is a demand.

J-horror is the single biggest influence in the genre at this time ..

There hasnt been anything from Italy in years and there's been only a few from England lately ..

That being said though .. probably just foreign horror would be fine bacause the j-horror craze will eventually die down.

but anyone who thinks that asian horror isnt the single biggest blip on the foreign horror radar (let alone north american) at this time ... needs a tune up.

slayer666
12-01-2006, 07:22 AM
Seems to me like "Asian Horror" would be far more descriptive of the actual forum content.

LadyFrost
12-01-2006, 07:43 AM
like everyone keep saying, not all horror movies come from asia...well good ones anyway, there may be a small percentage coming from other places against Aisa, but there are still some out there and people like them alot.

Nightwatch (which has been mention) good film, very intriguing, and not from asia.
Brotherhood of the Wolf (may not be considered horror but still a very good 'horror' movie to me) its French
I've seen an excellent Italian one but i cant remember the name, but thats not the point....

maybe this forum should be changed to foreign horror. not all good horror movies come from Asia (dont get me wrong i love asian horror scary as shit) but its a little unfar too people who want to discuse other countries of horror.

thats just my thoughts on the subject

xXLadyFrostXx

Angra
12-01-2006, 07:59 AM
like everyone keep saying, not all horror movies come from asia...well good ones anyway, there may be a small percentage coming from other places against Aisa, but there are still some out there and people like them alot.

Nightwatch (which has been mention) good film, very intriguing, and not from asia.
Brotherhood of the Wolf (may not be considered horror but still a very good 'horror' movie to me) its French
I've seen an excellent Italian one but i cant remember the name, but thats not the point....

maybe this forum should be changed to foreign horror. not all good horror movies come from Asia (dont get me wrong i love asian horror scary as shit) but its a little unfar too people who want to discuse other countries of horror.

thats just my thoughts on the subject

xXLadyFrostXx

But to me American and english movies are foreign. :confused:

The Flayed One
12-01-2006, 01:20 PM
But to me American and english movies are foreign. :confused:

Haha! Angra wears wooden shoes!

Seriously, just a forum for J-horror makes no sense. Am I allowed to talk about Korean movies here? The categories in this part of the forum make no sense to me. It's a shame we can't get things changed.

I'd suggest do away with the whole modern/classic/upcoming thing, and break them down into a few regional categories:

US/Canadian
Mexico/Latin America
European
Australasian

I think the forums would be a lot busier that way.

LadyFrost
12-01-2006, 04:26 PM
that is a really good idea Flayed...although the australianism one probably wouldnt work as well...us aussie dont seem to bring out very much horror...i dont know if its because our talent sucks or if we just dont have the budget...but i think we did come up with Saw...two australian guys wrote that...i dont know if i should be proud or not as im not really into the saw movies but still good horror right there.

xXLadyFrostXx

slayer666
12-10-2006, 04:43 AM
I have found some decent ideas for Asian and other foreign (to Americans) horror here: http://bloody-disgusting.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24

While they aren't really any more active than this place, they do have a working search.