PDA

View Full Version : i've always wanted to....

AshBoomstick
11-08-2005, 12:13 PM
make my own horror flick...anyone on here a writer or director of horror flicks?

RavageRitual
11-08-2005, 01:07 PM
hello

slasherman
11-08-2005, 09:57 PM
...where is the money ?...

MisterSadistro
11-09-2005, 05:58 PM
:rolleyes:
CK

ADOM
11-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Depends on who you ask. Some reviewers would like to have me shot. Don't google your own name unless you're ready to take the bad with the good, I guess. Thing that gets me is it's always the ones who beg for the free DVD that then tear it apart.

So, if you want mediocre advice, ask away.

themerchant
11-11-2005, 08:55 PM
I have 4 very low budget, but pretty good looking Movie with my friends, 3 of with where zombie movies, we had alot of people that live in my area be zombies and I got in toch with old Jigh school buddies to make them and I very proud of them.

knife_fight
11-11-2005, 09:35 PM
...eat tacos for 3 days straight.

MisterSadistro
11-11-2005, 11:09 PM
I just started my new film last week. It's a pain in the ass to do most everything on it myself (DP wasn't available so I had to take over camera as well). Of course if it's good, it was because of everyone's contributions to it. If it sucks, it's all my fault. No-win situation LOL Looking good so far though and getting some good feedback on the preview footage.
CK

ADOM
11-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by MisterSadistro
I just started my new film last week. It's a pain in the ass to do most everything on it myself (DP wasn't available so I had to take over camera as well).

You never realize how much more time you can devote to the image when you are ONLY DPing, until you get to DP on one movie and have DP, Direct and produce another. It's the difference sometimes between looking good and looking great. (Time that is)

And the catch 22 can be a pain. I always have to give my actors credits (well, lately, in my first feature only some of them deserved credit) for bringing the scripts to life. I really do more blocking, angle selection and pacing than directing of the actors. Mostly I let them run unless they are way off the mark.

MisterSadistro
11-13-2005, 10:40 PM
Neither of my actresses are/were actresses before this so I can take a little credit for putting it together. Only problem now is everyone knows it's a horror movie and are complaining that I put a non-horror scene online LOL.
CK

Jester
11-14-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm a writer and director. Hint--if you want to make a genuinely good horror movie, don't focus on the gore, try to do a lot of off-screen, brutal bits (for example, you'll noticed quite a bit of off-screen violence in the Devil's Rejects) and focus on the pain in a character's face. Kind of obvious, I know, but you'd be surprised how people don't realise this.

ADOM
11-14-2005, 11:23 PM
Neither of my actresses are/were actresses before this so I can take a little credit for putting it together. Only problem now is everyone knows it's a horror movie and are complaining that I put a non-horror scene online LOL.
CK

I know you hate to promote aka Spam, especially something you're working on, but is there someplace we can see this online scene?

I have worked with models who wanted to become actresses, one in particular is well on her way. Very talented. Some others make good eye candy in small roles.

MisterSadistro
11-15-2005, 03:48 AM
I won't mention that my signature usually contains info that I won't start threads on for breaking my cardinal rule :D
CK

ADOM
11-15-2005, 08:44 PM
I won't mention that my signature usually contains info that I won't start threads on for breaking my cardinal rule :D
CK
sorry for making you point that out. I completely missed it.

ADOM
11-17-2005, 09:57 PM
CK, the part with her describing the bat is hilarious.

MisterSadistro
11-18-2005, 12:03 AM
Thanks. Another reason I used so many quick, multiple cuts (besides her saying "dude", "f**kin'", or "seriously" constantly) was a lot of laughing on the set. Everyone was in hysterics when she did that take and I knew I had to use it. And, yes, we both know Bela Lugosi played 'Dracula'. I wrote it that way as a joke. A serious film student actually IMed me to point out my "mistake" :D
CK

ADOM
11-19-2005, 10:55 AM
MIght this movie be going under another title? I thought I saw some of the same frame caps somewhere else as well? Or do these two ladies act together a lot?

MisterSadistro
11-19-2005, 12:11 PM
Both have done some modeling gigs together before, but this is the first movie for either. There was a prior title, but my screenplay is so drastically different that I didn't even want that title attached to it. Shooting in a few hours and I'm getting together some horrible Polish disco music CD for bar owner as a payment to use her place LOL
CK

ADOM
11-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Shooting in a few hours and I'm getting together some horrible Polish disco music CD for bar owner as a payment to use her place LOL
CK

Ah, blessed be the barter system!

MisterSadistro
11-20-2005, 07:50 AM
Note to self: Never shoot in bar on Saturday night during regular business hours again. Suddenly everybody is a DP, script writer, acting coach, etc and they all want to pitch you their ideas while you're shooting. Footage looks good, sound will be a nightmare. To think I didn't want any special treatment and shoot after closing either. Idiot ! LOL
CK

ADOM
11-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Note to self: Never shoot in bar on Saturday night during regular business hours again. Suddenly everybody is a DP, script writer, acting coach, etc and they all want to pitch you their ideas while you're shooting. Footage looks good, sound will be a nightmare. To think I didn't want any special treatment and shoot after closing either. Idiot ! LOL
CK

Good note. Everyone thinks they can do this work, especially drunks. After closing is easier to set up with the bar staff, because lots of times they need to be there anyway to do clean-up and money. I tried to shoot before opening once, but the bar owner didn't want to have be in so early, you know, noonish.